Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Johnie, the first one is impressive! It reminds me that guy from TV that has today a TV reality show with his family. In the past he was one guy of that fighting shows on TV. Of course his boots didnt' have a heel at that time, but you remind him. I think his name is Hoogan or something like that.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Here are some of my pics. Oh, I nearly forgot to mention: one of my friends gave me a lowdown on a photographer who is also into the whole dark independent scene, so I'm going to pose as a model at the end of July. For that occassion [and for Castle Party, of course!], I'll experiment with makeup quite a lot. [EDIT] I added another pic...

post-2418-133522859476_thumb.jpg

post-2418-133522859483_thumb.jpg

post-2418-13352285949_thumb.jpg

post-2418-133522859498_thumb.jpg

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Here are some of my pics.

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention: one of my friends gave me a lowdown on a photographer who is also into the whole dark independent scene, so I'm going to pose as a model at the end of July. For that occassion [and for Castle Party, of course!], I'll experiment with makeup quite a lot.

Elegant...

You truly look elegant. Good luck on your make-up and your wardrobe with it. You're definitely on the right track.

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention: one of my friends gave me a lowdown on a photographer who is also into the whole dark independent scene, so I'm going to pose as a model at the end of July. For that occassion [and for Castle Party, of course!], I'll experiment with makeup quite a lot.

[EDIT]

I added another pic...

Very nice - great look.

Just a couple of me.

Looks great. I really like the look of boots and jeans.

Elegant - I like the look. Maybe try a little contrast with the gloves. On a whole other topic, is the painting on the wall in the first picture your work?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

No, it's from my uncle's friend. The only things I do I could consider "artistic" is photographing and experimenting with fashion. I also tried to learn to sing in a Jewish choir, but had some difficulty finding a right pitch. Someday I'll learn to sing right... I've been thinking about forming an industrial/ dark ambient project - perhaps I'll do that when I'll have some time to practice.

[EDIT]

I added another pic...

In the first 3 pictures, you look like a woman, is that intentional?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I thought 1 of them looked particularly womanly, one was kind of androgynous. If that was the intention, ie to show how little changes can make a difference to the whole look and change the gender, then it worked perfectly. Whatever, in all the pics you looked well co-ordinated.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

In the first 3 pictures, you look like a woman, is that intentional?

Yes, looking very feminine was intentional, but without intention of impersonating a woman :smile:. I'm into androgyny and blurring gender boundaries to an extent where one couldn't determine my gender at the first glance :thumbsup:.

Yes, looking very feminine was intentional, but without intention of impersonating a woman :wink1:. I'm into androgyny and blurring gender boundaries to an extent where one couldn't determine my gender at the first glance :smile:.

I hope you dont think I'm being rude, but this doesnt look "androgonous" at all. Just looks like a girl with a thing for leather. I wasnt asking if you intended to look "very feminine" but if you actually intended to look like a girl?

Looking at those picures, people will just assume your a girl, no guessing needed, until maybe they hear you speak?

The 4th pic looks like a guy with a "thing" for leather... :thumbsup:

Not really seeing anything in the middle, but whats with the purse over your shoulder? Who sits in there living room with a purse over their shoulder?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Looking at those picures, people will just assume your a girl, no guessing needed, until maybe they hear you speak?

Well, gothic fashion is usually about being camp... I didn't say it's a look for everyday / street-heeling, but it might be nice for dark independent parties I attend.

Oh, and I don't speak/ sing in falsetto, I use my natural voice which is quite low - so many people are flabbergasted when someone who's supposed to be a girl [judging from their appearance] speaks in a manly voice :thumbsup:. I love the shock value and subversiveness of gender-bending.

Not really seeing anything in the middle, but whats with the purse over your shoulder? Who sits in there living room with a purse over their shoulder?

Well, did I say the pics were supposed to depict a realistic situation? Posing for a model [especially amateur one ;)] involves more or less artificiality, so, while I wouldn't normally have any reason for sitting in a living room with a purse, why shouldn't I do it when posing?

And, as for leather: I wear it everyday [except for the summer], usually head to toe. My interest in leather started long ago, strictly as a fetish [and, as such, it was hidden from the others], but since Jan 2006 it's been my fashion/ lifestyle choice :smile:.

Nicely done Daniel! Hoping to wear in some shoes shopping this weekend. That way, I can see what the clothes I buy will look like with my new shoes... I am saying that now, but I hope I won't chicken out when I park near the store door..:thumbsup: Johnnie, Good stuff! Comfortable, yet wear the heels well. Elegant, How your aim was when you dressed like that certainly comes across in all your posts. Nicely done. I like all 3 last looks. I think the biggest factor in all 3 is the fact that, though very different, all 3 seem very "at ease" and comfortable. Ready to go out! Thanks all!

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Hey all, just did a couple new pics so I thought I'd share.

This one isn't something I think I would wear out. I made the skirt from an old pair of pleather pants, which is why it looks shabby, I did it just so I could see what it looks like if I had a decent one.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me190.jpg

And this one I prolly would wear out for a casual day shopping and such. The Tshirt is from Buffalo (The store not the place) the jeans are Women's slim jeans by gloria vanderbilt (sp?) and the flats are from Spring (former Transit) clearence for $5!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me188.jpg

Hey all, just did a couple new pics so I thought I'd share.

This one isn't something I think I would wear out. I made the skirt from an old pair of pleather pants, which is why it looks shabby, I did it just so I could see what it looks like if I had a decent one.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me190.jpg

(...)

I like the look a lot, the leather skirt matches very well with knee boots.

Just a comment, next time double check your zipper. It's open!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I like your boots, but the ballet flats have too much toe cleavage [just my opinion, of course]. Oh, and a few words from a leather afficionado I am: a genuine leather skirt would look a lot better than pleather [unless you don't wear leather by principle, of course].

I realize this is a repeat outfit of sorts, but I wanted to post this picture some random girl took of me last night. By the way, the pointy shoe is about to return. Chloe, Lanvin, Balenciaga, AND Givenchy ALL styled their runway models in pointy shoes for their F/W 08/09 shows.

I did get a few compliments from girls, mostly the stylish ones. One girl said she was admiring my outfit, particularly the contrast peach color of the top and the contrast of skin showing on the pumps. Another girl was a buyer and she too said the pumps worked (after her friend motioned me over to talk).

top--Marc by Marc Jacobs

black shirt with sleeves--vintage

jeans--Urban Outfitters

pumps--4" pointy pumps--Nine West

post-486-133522860234_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I realize this is a repeat outfit of sorts, but I wanted to post this picture some random girl took of me last night. By the way, the pointy shoe is about to return. Chloe, Lanvin, Balenciaga, AND Givenchy ALL styled their runway models in pointy shoes for their F/W 08/09 shows.

I did get a few compliments from girls, mostly the stylish ones. One girl said she was admiring my outfit, particularly the contrast peach color of the top and the contrast of skin showing on the pumps. Another girl was a buyer and she too said the pumps worked (after her friend motioned me over to talk).

top--Marc by Marc Jacobs

jeans--Urban Outfitters

Love the outfit and especially love the high heels. A very chic and fun look. No wonder you were admired and complimented. You're a lucky man. Congrats and good luck.

OK, finally had a good adventure. The entire adventure will wait until later as I need to sleep (just getting in from the club!), but here's what I wore out (more pics from my friend's camera soon): G-Unit button down shirt, red being the strong color (with navy and white). Touch, women's wide waist belt, dark jeans with slight flare (LOVE the fit). Size 10, Anne Michelle 5" (1/2" platform) RED (bold) mesh, peep toe pumps with wood brown heel and platform. "Problem" was, not the kind of shoes and outfit to wear stockings with, meaning my feet got beat. BUT, they DID show off my pedicured (and freshly polished) toes! Story tomorrow, but suffice to say a birthday party, and 4 hours of techno dance and I had a blast! Think I did OK for myself considering the only place I shopped was AJ Wright. Did pick up a few other outfits... Pic 1 & 2 getting in a few minutes ago trying to get the 10 second timer going. Pic 3...these shoes DID show off my "pretty" feet!

post-12454-133522860243_thumb.jpg

post-12454-133522860246_thumb.jpg

post-12454-133522860251_thumb.jpg

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

top--Marc by Marc Jacobs

jeans--Urban Outfitters

kneehighs: Highly impressive as usual! The gods were certainly generous when they doled out style genes to you. Bravo, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

OK, finally had a good adventure.

The entire adventure will wait until later as I need to sleep (just getting in from the club!), but here's what I wore out (more pics from my friend's camera soon):

G-Unit button down shirt, red being the strong color (with navy and white).

Touch, women's wide waist belt, dark jeans with slight flare (LOVE the fit).

Size 10, Anne Michelle 5" (1/2" platform) RED (bold) mesh, peep toe pumps with wood brown heel and platform.

"Problem" was, not the kind of shoes and outfit to wear stockings with, meaning my feet got beat. BUT, they DID show off my pedicured (and freshly polished) toes!

Story tomorrow, but suffice to say a birthday party, and 4 hours of techno dance and I had a blast!

Think I did OK for myself considering the only place I shopped was AJ Wright. Did pick up a few other outfits...

Pic 1 & 2 getting in a few minutes ago trying to get the 10 second timer going.

Pic 3...these shoes DID show off my "pretty" feet!

Nice pics there.

Stilettoscot Thanks for posting pictures of yourself. You definitely have a RURAL/COUNTRY red/white/blue striped theme going on. What I am about to say is just my opinion and you can take it or leave it as you see fit. I think you did a good job color coordinating the shirt and shoes and sensitivity to proper color coordination is a timeless discipline that you want to employ with perpetuity in your newly discovered quest for personal style.

What you can improve? I'd go for a more Urban/Big City look.

The shirt The brightness of the red contrasted with the darkness of the jeans makes you look top heavy. I think you have a high contrast between your facial skin tone and hair color, so I would go with stronger colors like black, navy blue, and dark brown for a color that you want displayed near your face and continues that dark (hair) vs. light (skin) contrast.

Go to a store and hold up many different types of shirts against your face while standing in front of a mirror. Take your time and have fun. For examples on how to combine different tones of dark colors, check out the runway shows of Raf Simons, Ann Demeulemeester, and Rick Owens.

Also, stick with long sleeved oxford button down shirts. If you are hot, you can always cuff up the sleeves, which will produce a relaxed and casual image.

The jeans How low rise are these jeans? How high is the rise, about 9-10 inches? I'm just curious as I can't see from the pictures.

The crease down the front of the jeans adds a vertical stripe, which enhances the illusion of slimness.

I can't tell from the images if they are bootcut or straight cut though. I think straight cut would work for your body type -- provided they cover a couple inches of the heel -- as the straight cut hem will make your legs appear to be one long image as opposed to a chopped/curved image that bootcut or flared jeans will create.

Try some pants as an alternative to jeans. They will dress you "up".

The shoes A bit too loud for my taste. If you want to wear pumps, stick with neutral colored, almond and closed toe pumps: black or brown. The Nine West Marquee would work well. It's still a pump and the cone heel might better suit your body type. You could also wear them for many years, it would be a timeless addition to your wardrobe.

Good luck and thanks for having the courage to share your progress with everyone.

post-486-13352286031_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

OK, finally had a good adventure.

The entire adventure will wait until later as I need to sleep (just getting in from the club!), but here's what I wore out (more pics from my friend's camera soon):

G-Unit button down shirt, red being the strong color (with navy and white).

Touch, women's wide waist belt, dark jeans with slight flare (LOVE the fit).

Size 10, Anne Michelle 5" (1/2" platform) RED (bold) mesh, peep toe pumps with wood brown heel and platform.

"Problem" was, not the kind of shoes and outfit to wear stockings with, meaning my feet got beat. BUT, they DID show off my pedicured (and freshly polished) toes!

Story tomorrow, but suffice to say a birthday party, and 4 hours of techno dance and I had a blast!

Think I did OK for myself considering the only place I shopped was AJ Wright. Did pick up a few other outfits...

Pic 1 & 2 getting in a few minutes ago trying to get the 10 second timer going.

Pic 3...these shoes DID show off my "pretty" feet!

Nice pictures and nice look. Very Casual and casually stylish. I like the jeans, shirt, and high heels combination. Sounds like you had a good time, too. I take it your friends are cool with your look and are very supportive?

Thanks again for sharing with us.

Stilettoscot, Kneehighs has given you some excellent advice. I would like to offer some additional comments. His comments about the shirt selection are right on. But I would suggest that there might also be other shirts (pullovers) that could look good, too, so be open and try lots of different types to see what looks good on you. Follow his advice on color, though. You don't want to look top-heavy. I would add a white shirt to the list, especially for a dressier look. It's timeless and neutral and goes with everything. I wouldn't dismiss boot cut jeans as a classy alternative, however. I think the boot cut looks good because it falls nicely over the ankle and heel and can come down closer to the floor in a smooth curved line. Just my opinion. Try some on (get them longer than you would wear with flat shoes) and see for yourself. I definitely agree with Kneehighs on trying pants as a dressier alternative. Jeans scream "casual," which is ok, but you'll look awesome with nicely pressed dress pants. There's a middle ground, too, and that's jeans that aren't denim blue. Black or khaki, for instance, might work with certain outfits to dress them up, more than casual but less dressy than slacks. I agree 100% on the Nine West shoes that Kneehighs suggests. The slightly thicker heel and the rounded toe of the Nine West shoes are timeless and definitely classy, as opposed to the more trendy red shoes you wore. Get a pair like that and wear them with black sheer hose (not to camouflage the shoes, but just because dark hose gives a classy, finished appearance). With khaki slacks you could get away with nude sheer hose. Don't wear barefoot. In spite of the fact that it's trendy, it's an unfinished look and will detract from the overall put-together appearance you're trying to achieve. Wear hose. You have great potential to wear some really knock-out outfits, and without spending too much money, you can really show off a confident look that gets you some real admiration from both genders. Go for it! GWL