Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Here's a comfy outfit I threw together with some new black patent flats I got from Transit. My gf loves them on me, tho I'm still iffy if I can pull off the ballet flat style, tho I'll admit I do like the look of these. All your comments are welcome!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me187.jpg

Well, it's not my *best* pic, but it is recent. I posted it over in the "Ice Shattered At Work" thread. i hope to have more soon!!!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Wolf... Those are nice looking boots and they really look good with those jeans. I like the leg length of the jeans so that you really show off your boots. Thanks for sharing the photos.

to clarify... it's how I would like to dress.:roll:

I do understand. When I wear high heeled boots with jeans, I wear the jeans a little longer with the heel and toe peeking out from underneath. I usually go for walks in the boots and for me, I like that look.

Sabotalot – It all depends on the thigh boots. I don’t have experience with the skin tight boots but leather thigh boots generally have enough room in the knee to all full freedom of movement. I wasn’t quite able to sit on the floor cross legged but that was pushing the concept too far. As to wearing them under your jeans (to start), that should allow more room around the knee, unless the jeans are too tight. Now, how practical are they? In small simple words… not at all. However, there is no other footwear that makes such a powerful statement when worn over jeans. In the summer time, they are warm, especially under jeans but not too bad when worn with shorts. In the fall, winter, and spring they feel great. I have read several posts from guys that didn’t want to try thigh boots but I have never read a post from a guy that has tried them that didn’t like them. :roll:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Sabotalot –

I have read several posts from guys that didn’t want to try thigh boots but I have never read a post from a guy that has tried them that didn’t like them.

:roll:

I bought my first pair of thigh boots not that long ago. They are so comfortable to wear and they especially message the legs and calves. When I wear them publicly, I wear them under my jeans...so far. I'm building up to wear them over my jeans one day. But I agree with Thighbootguy whole heartedly.

• 1 month later...

....As to wearing them under your jeans (to start), that should allow more room around the knee, unless the jeans are too tight.

Now, how practical are they? In small simple words… not at all. However, there is no other footwear that makes such a powerful statement when worn over jeans. In the summer time, they are warm, especially under jeans but not too bad when worn with shorts. In the fall, winter, and spring they feel great.

I have read several posts from guys that didn’t want to try thigh boots but I have never read a post from a guy that has tried them that didn’t like them.

:thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more. I too was leery about wearing thigh boots in the beginning, but after my first outing in them (worn over tight jeans), I was sold like no one's business. In my mind, I find it impractical to wear thigh boots under jeans, not to mention uncomfortable. If I'm going to wear thigh boots, then by God, I want the world to see them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

If I'm going to wear thigh boots, then by God, I want the world to see them!

Yes indeed! I think that putting them under any kind of pants is self defeating.

It's all about the heel!

It's been months since I've personally contributed to this thread. So in character of following through on something I started, I bring you two pictures of exactly how I've presented myself in public.

In this picture I'm wearing a Mango blazer I bought in Paris, a tunic length t-shirt from Urban Outfitters, straight leg jeans from Urban Outfitters, Nine West 4" pumps, a necklace from Aldo, and bracelets from vintage shops.

In this picture I'm wearing a Mango blazer, a vintage neckerchief from a street vendor, a friend's frayed shirt dress, jeans from Urban Outfitters, and Nine West 4" pumps.

sorry for the poor picture quality.

edit: you can see my novice attempt at creating cool lighting effects in the first photo. On the right door, I was trying to get my shadow to appear in the mix of lines of shadows from another light source. Alas, my condo is not a professional studio

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Bravo, kneehighs! Stylin' and profiln' as usual! You certainly know how to put together a great looking outfit. More power to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Not my "best" 'Freestyle', but the only pic of myself in any now. Casual going out last night...

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w143/Big_Carphuna/?action=view&current=heel.jpg

Stilettoscot...

I like the casual look. Do you wear this outfit in public? If so, wear are places that you wear it? Thanks for sharing the photos.

I only wore it out last night to a friend's house, but through a bust apt complex, so was a victory for me. The "casualness" is only due to my lack of tighter, more stylish pants and shirts. But, I was comfortable, if not stylish. It was all about the shoes. Soon I want to add style, too..LOL Thanks.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Not my "best" 'Freestyle', but the only pic of myself in any now. Casual going out last night...

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w143/Big_Carphuna/?action=view&current=heel.jpg

First of all, thank you for having the courage to show your face online.

In regards to your outfits, first and foremost, you need to consider what works best with your body type. I have short legs, so I wear long tops that hide my waist and give the illusion that my legs are longer than they really are.

In your case , I would stick to very dark colored pants: black, navy blue, and brown. Dark colors have the effect of slimming one down, regardless of their sex (M or F). Also make sure the hem on your pants is tailor made to rise to just about an inch to half an inch off the ground from stand still while in heels. (that's just a rule to start with, you can break it as you see fit).

From there, you could build a monochromatic outfit. Use the same color, but different tones of it to build your outfit. Vertical stripes would add the illusion of length, horizontal stripes would add the illusion of width, so yay to vertical and nay to horizontal stripes.

If you like colored tops, that's cool, but stick with tops that form fit your figure. Not too tight or too loose.

Good luck and most of all have fun with fashion.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I would agree with kneehighs. I agree that darker colors are best. Black is always classy. I think jeans could work, but they need to be a little longer and a boot cut would be the best. Black jeans or dress slacks with a wide flare would be good, but don't go for tight legs - they are fine for a slim guy like kneehighs, but they wouldn't fit in with your larger frame. A shirt with vertical stripes would be better than a solid or one with horizontal stripes, and a shirt with a collar might give your look a little more formality than a collarless one. I'm thinking a nice dark dress shirt with vertical pinstripes might look cool. For additional effect, wear the shirt untucked, so there is more of it showing. It will give you the appearance of slimming somewhat. Maybe it's just the angle, but the shoes just don't look right for your build. First of all, the stiletto heels just don't look appropriate for you. They wouldn't look right on a big woman either. I would suggest a slightly thicker tapered heel would look more fitting. Secondly, I know long toes are trendy and fashionable, but the way they kind of point upward looks a bit awkward. You can see where your real toes end and the extra long toebox starts. I think a much better look would be a pump wth a shorter toebox with perhaps an almond toe or an even more rounded toe (but not a baby-doll toe). Finally, I would recommend real leather instead of shiny black patent. Patent is too dressy for the casual outfit you have on, and even if you dress it up a little, I still think a natural leather is more classy and less slut...er, fetishy. :-) One more comment. It looks like you are wearing sheer black nylon stockings (or knee highs or pantyhose). If so, that's a very classy look and very appropriate. Opaque tights or knee highs would be good, too. If it's just the dark shadow as a result of the photography, I would suggest that you in fact DO wear black hose (sheer or opaque) as it gives a finished, put-together look to the whole outfit. These are just my suggestions and you can take them or leave them, but I think if you follow at least some of them, particularly with regard to the shoes, you'll leave people smiling and thinking, "Ya know, that's a classy looking guy, and the whole outfit really looks great on him, heels and all!" You don't want them laughing at you and thinking "What a clown!" So put your best foot forward and strut your stuff. You have my complete admiration and best wishes for some great outings! I would be glad to be seen with you! GWL

The last 2 posts were great, and I do appreciate the tips! Wait for a couple weeks, and I'll get something together, following a lot of what I learned here, into something that looks good (and feels good!). The only "thing" is my love for stiletto heels. It may take a lot of work, but I want to show that I can make them work for a bigger guy. Saying this, I will take a look, while shopping, at other styles. But, I love stilettos too much... Thanks!!:thumbsup:

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

The last 2 posts were great, and I do appreciate the tips!

Wait for a couple weeks, and I'll get something together, following a lot of what I learned here, into something that looks good (and feels good!).

The only "thing" is my love for stiletto heels. It may take a lot of work, but I want to show that I can make them work for a bigger guy. Saying this, I will take a look, while shopping, at other styles. But, I love stilettos too much...

Thanks!!:thumbsup:

Stilettoscot...

You've been give some great fashion tips from those who have been heeling for a while. But, the final choice is your. Choose what you feel not only looks fashionable but is comfortable for you to wear with your high heels. And, if you like wearing stiletto high heels, for heaven's sake wear stiletto high heels. I wear stiletto high heels with men's suits (inspired by women wearing pant suits and high heels) and I enjoy the look, comfortable with the look, and have had positive feedback. But that's just me. Do what's good for you. And good luck.

Here's an outfit I put together for today. I didn't have much to do (just had to pick up something from a friend's place, stop at Payless to see what they had since I was near, maybe get gas which I wound up not doing anyway). I didn't wear the shoes into my friend's house, because there were several young kids there and I didn't have time or energy to explain why I had on the shoes I did, should the topic have come up. Additionally, I realised once more the difference between trying on heels while wearing them, versus trying them on in men's shoes. Since I'd have to be in and out of the shoes I wore there, anybody who came to my aisle would see them, and they'd see me trying on other women's shoes. This is two victories at once, since you can't really hide what you're doing and it's a potential icebreaker should someone want to chat you up. So to everyone that's gonna go shoe shopping, wear a pair of women's shoes into the store. By the time you've walked from your car to the storefront, your nerves will be gone. The second picture just shows off the shoes better. I'd need a real pair of capris if I were going to do that look.

post-1840-133522859456_thumb.jpg

post-1840-133522859458_thumb.jpg

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde