Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

8 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

Well as a answer to that I'd say that I work as a contractor, stupid 'nuff to understand how things work :biggrin: as my occupation demands me to know electricity, piping, thermodynamics and mechanics.

And not forgotten. Thank @pebblesf, @bambam and @CAT for the comments :)

Well then - - You could work in the steel industry - - but they still wouldn't hire you if you showed up as in your picture.

On 4/11/2019 at 1:47 PM, Bootslover29 said:

Thanks for the coments!

I'm used to wear stockings because I often change my outfit during the day. I drive a lot and is more comfortable in skirt.

Variation with the same trousers and heels

mini_19041101261222178916196050.jpg

Or with a skirt and oxford

mini_19041009330022178916195593.jpg

=> Always perfect

• Like 1

So I am trying a few new looks. Here is the elana pant with 37 inseam from Alloy. A Lululemon long sleeve jacket over a Nike dry fit top. What do you think. 

Pleaser Spectator platform booties 5 inch heel. Outfit is very comfy 

62439D07-23DD-41FC-8C98-0F06255B5843.jpeg

Another with a skirt instead of pants

4DB6237B-836B-4D30-A019-413B8BE56E90.jpeg

6807293D-AA67-44EB-B771-9D7756B2E2B6.jpeg

• Like 2

In the pant outfit I went out to see the response.  First stop a convenience store to fill my water jug, and top of the tank.  As always , a little apprehensive on leaving my vehicle. The elana flair pants are more noticeable than the 5 inch booties they cover.  At a little before noon there were several people inside but I didn’t even notice a single judgmental glance. Across the street was a Goodwill store I hadn’t been into for a while. Not to much traffic in the strip mall. I parked far enough away from the store to need to stroll in front of several shops. As I gazed at my reflection in the shop windows, I really felt comfortable in my appearance. I looked good! With that big boost of confidence I entered Goodwill where the clerk greeted me with a pleasant “good morning”.  I replied in kind, and headed to the skirt section, where I found four just above the need black skirts to try on.  Pressed the button to get someone to open a try on booth for me, and the gentleman came with the key and did so. A nice Kaspar brand lined pencil skirt fit and looked good.  $6.75 for a $69 skirt. Not bad.  Got a “Thank you” from the same clerk and I was off to the Mall Of Georgia. 

I like Dillard’s as they have a selection of “talls” in men and women’s section. I was seeking a fitted top there that might compliment the pants I was wearing, but could not find something. Unusually, a clerk did not approach to help me, though they were fairly busy.  On my way out into the mall to one of my favorite stores, Buckle, I got one or two up and down glances, probably because of my tall stature (I’m over 6’8” in these heels.) and perhaps the unusual trousers.  The trousers are very light weight so each step forward exposes the shoe and the heel if you were looking. No worries and no comments. Into Buckle I really like their service. I walk directly to the women’s side, and explain that I had purchased a nice long pair of 37” inseam Payton boot cut jeans a few months ago. And would be interested in a light wash for summer. I also mentioned I might like to try a shorter length ankle jean.   Asked for my waist size I say say I find sizes all over the place for women’s jeans. I’m 34 male,  and the Payton’s I had purchased were 31’s so she picks out a couple of jeans an takes me the closest “woman’s” side changing room.  Perfect! I tried on many (over ten) pair of jeans, no 37’s XXTl in my size. I showed here my heels, explaining, as I wear them often, the long length was to better cover the shoes. She said “ good for you, I just had to take my wedges off, they were wearing me out.” 

She brought some “destroyed” crop jeans and and various “skinny” and “straight” fit types.  I decided the best was a Payton Skinny 30W, Regular 32 length in a light wash.  I tried them on with the  heals, and the look wasn’t too bad. Another female attendent agreed but perhaps some white pumps would be better. Or even, the other attendent added, “red pumps would pop on those jeans. “. 

I asked what king of top?  She said with red pumps, you would like use a red or black top. A loose T for a casual look and a fitted T for dressing it up.  Great to have accommodating assistance.  Buckle is great! I’m sure I could go to Old Navy and get  similar pair of jeans for less than half the $69 these were - but the experience was well worth it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, six5luvheels said:

In the pant outfit I went out to see the response.  First stop a convenience store to fill my water jug, and top of the tank.  As always , a little apprehensive on leaving my vehicle. The elana flair pants are more noticeable than the 5 inch booties they cover.  At a little before noon there were several people inside but I didn’t even notice a single judgmental glance. Across the street was a Goodwill store I hadn’t been into for a while. Not to much traffic in the strip mall. I parked far enough away from the store to need to stroll in front of several shops. As I gazed at my reflection in the shop windows, I really felt comfortable in my appearance. I looked good! With that big boost of confidence I entered Goodwill where the clerk greeted me with a pleasant “good morning”.  I replied in kind, and headed to the skirt section, where I found four just above the need black skirts to try on.  Pressed the button to get someone to open a try on booth for me, and the gentleman came with the key and did so. A nice Kaspar brand lined pencil skirt fit and looked good.  $6.75 for a $69 skirt. Not bad.  Got a “Thank you” from the same clerk and I was off to the Mall Of Georgia. 

I like Dillard’s as they have a selection of “talls” in men and women’s section. I was seeking a fitted top there that might compliment the pants I was wearing, but could not find something. Unusually, a clerk did not approach to help me, though they were fairly busy.  On my way out into the mall to one of my favorite stores, Buckle, I got one or two up and down glances, probably because of my tall stature (I’m over 6’8” in these heels.) and perhaps the unusual trousers.  The trousers are very light weight so each step forward exposes the shoe and the heel if you were looking. No worries and no comments. Into Buckle I really like their service. I walk directly to the women’s side, and explain that I had purchased a nice long pair of 37” inseam Payton boot cut jeans a few months ago. And would be interested in a light wash for summer. I also mentioned I might like to try a shorter length ankle jean.   Asked for my waist size I say say I find sizes all over the place for women’s jeans. I’m 34 male,  and the Payton’s I had purchased were 31’s so she picks out a couple of jeans an takes me the closest “woman’s” side changing room.  Perfect! I tried on many (over ten) pair of jeans, no 37’s XXTl in my size. I showed here my heels, explaining, as I wear them often, the long length was to better cover the shoes. She said “ good for you, I just had to take my wedges off, they were wearing me out.” 

She brought some “destroyed” crop jeans and and various “skinny” and “straight” fit types.  I decided the best was a Payton Skinny 30W, Regular 32 length in a light wash.  I tried them on with the  heals, and the look wasn’t too bad. Another female attendent agreed but perhaps some white pumps would be better. Or even, the other attendent added, “red pumps would pop on those jeans. “. 

I asked what king of top?  She said with red pumps, you would like use a red or black top. A loose T for a casual look and a fitted T for dressing it up.  Great to have accommodating assistance.  Buckle is great! I’m sure I could go to Old Navy and get  similar pair of jeans for less than half the $69 these were - but the experience was well worth it.  

That’s the kind of service I get at Express!!!  All the girls and some of the guys are always very helpful and kind.  

45DC3E24-D1FE-436B-B1DF-49C87A65775F.thumb.jpeg.62caf283a3f5469a9445a9764d60a014.jpeg9132A1FD-8599-4D9B-9531-00FD4C38F779.thumb.jpeg.eab66e0d0939c82846909d2aba89b565.jpeg

Edited by CAT
  • Like 2

I love Express and have a rewards account with them. I have many tops from them that I frequently wear from Fall to Spring. Bought my first in store and since I know their sizes I have been mostly buying on-line with discounts.

Since you seem to shop Express often  @CAT , my question to you is how are Express shoes?

I haven't been in an Express store when they had a size 10 in in a style I liked and I am afraid of ordering them on-line.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cali said:

I love Express and have a rewards account with them. I have many tops from them that I frequently wear from Fall to Spring. Bought my first in store and since I know their sizes I have been mostly buying on-line with discounts.

Since you seem to shop Express often  @CAT , my question to you is how are Express shoes?

I haven't been in an Express store when they had a size 10 in in a style I liked and I am afraid of ordering them on-line.

Lucky you guys!  Size 15 USA women’s here.  Pleaser heels about all I can find. 

On 4/20/2019 at 7:59 PM, six5luvheels said:

Cat,  love those skirts!  I’ll need to drop 20lbs to look that good!

Thx!!!   You can do it.  There are skirts out there fir everyone. I have bought a couple that  I need to loose some inches around my waist.   I’m working on it and have cut out pop from a daily bases to a treat once and a while.  It’s already making a difference 

On 4/21/2019 at 1:39 AM, jeremy1986 said:

Yeah agreed, @CAT owns that space ;-)

I don’t know about owning it,,,,,,, but I sure try to run it.   My GF says I can sure “work it”!!!!   

Thx for the compliment!!!!

17 hours ago, Cali said:

Cali,

Express only goes up to a size 10.  I am an 11 so I can’t really help on that question.  I have not even bought shoes for my GF at Express and she is a size 7. 

CAT

15 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Would love to go shopping with you guys!

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CAT
  • Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 7:40 AM, Bootslover29 said:

I'm keen of this everyday look

IMG_20190425_133411-1689x2252-1266x1688.jpg

A very nice outfit there.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 months later...

This YouTuber known as Mrs. Midwest makes some good points about wearing what you want to wear.   One key point, "all you have to do is push through and let people get used to it"

The innuendo--I'm sure unintentional-- in the following quote had me laugh. "When you dress in that feminine way that you want to, you're going to feel release and free from all of that stress and tension." (14:12)

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

7 hours ago, kneehighs said:

This YouTuber known as Mrs. Midwest makes some good points about wearing what you want to wear.   One key point, "all you have to do is push through and let people get used to it"

The innuendo--I'm sure unintentional-- in the following quote had me laugh. "When you dress in that feminine way that you want to, you're going to feel release and free from all of that stress and tension." (14:12)

Yeah, I can't get on board with this woman. What a schmuck.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Yeah, I can't get on board with this woman. What a schmuck.

Really?  I think she's hot.  A part of me finds more pleasure listening to her encouraging words to wear what I want to wear than random guys on the web.

30 minutes ago, kneehighs said:

Really?  I think she's hot.  A part of me finds more pleasure listening to her encouraging words to wear what I want to wear than random guys on the web.

I don't want to waste a lot of my time watching her videos, but I did have a second look. She's not as horrible as many I've seen, but you've got to remember, she's talking to other women, not you, and not me. Although I am Christian, I don't trust anybody who talks too much about their faith. However, I will admit that she is rather attractive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

but you've got to remember, she's talking to other women, not you, and not me. 

What’s the difference between that standard and saying  “you’ve got to remember that Tory Burch makes heels for other women, not you, not me?”  Granted...her target audience may be females, but the key takeaways of her message stays the same regardless of the sex of the listener.  

You’ve probably got a point about trust.  I wonder what her behaviors are like when no one else is looking.

5 hours ago, kneehighs said:

What’s the difference between that standard and saying  “you’ve got to remember that Tory Burch makes heels for other women, not you, not me?”  Granted...her target audience may be females, but the key takeaways of her message stays the same regardless of the sex of the listener.  

You’ve probably got a point about trust.  I wonder what her behaviors are like when no one else is looking.

I can't really say why this woman rubs me the wrong way, and it's not really important. I do find it interesting, though, that she mentions that a woman might get some pushback for trying to look decent. Which makes me realize that a person, male or female, probably just can't win if it comes to being a little bit different from the norm. While I have often lamented the fact that I, as a male, am always going to attract a certain amount of unwanted attention because of the way I dress, I have come to realize that even if I were a woman, I would also most likely attract a certain amount of unwanted attention because of the way I dress.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...