Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

On 4/17/2016 at 2:48 PM, freestyle75 said:

Well... long time no posting in this thread... so I thought I should shoot a few more photos. Again I set up my home studio, this time not paying too much attention to the lighting, so some of the pictures are a bit "too warm" from a colour temperature perspective. Hope you don't mind.

Outfit #1: Cashmere trench and Marlene trousers

The winter season is almost done, temperatures are already in the 60s (F) range here - still I wanted to share two outfits that I like very much. Unfortunately it is getting too warm to wear them. Outfit number one is my favorite petrol coloured trench.

burberry_petrol_zpsth5kvusy.jpg

Burberry Sandringam Cashmere trenchcoat (same as worn by Jennifer Lawrence. I got it first though :) ). Gray turtleneck by some mail order company, marlene trousers by German company Hallhuber, booties by Prada, bag "PS13" by Proenza Schouler.

Outfit #2: Same as no. 1, but with an offwhite-coat, also by Burberry. Got it during winter sale.

Normally I would wear that coat with a matching scarf, but it was too warm during the photo shooting to put that on as well ;)

burberry_white_zpsarsqysdg.jpg

Outfit #3: Biker.

I have always tried to incorporate some sort of biker jacket in one of my outfits (as they say, every fashionista should own a biker jacket), but it just doesn't look that cool to me. At least in plain leather - I've ordered a similar jacket by Balenciaga in suede which should arrive next week - I am curious whether that looks better. In addition, in the righthand picture it looks like I am pregnant or got a big beer gut, neither of which I have. Still I should lose some weight when I see these two pictures :(

biker_look_zpslstgzdi8.jpg

Biker jacket by "Be Edgy" (Zalando), T-Shirt by Karl Lagerfeld, Jeans by Dr. Denim, Booties by Yves Saint Laurent (again, a winter sale item :D ).

Outfit #4: My take on the 70s for a summer outfit. Probably not even really close to the 70s, but how I would imagine something refined with flared jeans.

flared_white_zpsuo4qpynj.jpg

Blouse by Burberry (doesn't have any bust darts, so it works for men), flared jeans by s.Oliver, sandals by Gianvito Rossi (summer season 2016), bag "PS1" by Proenza Schouler.

Outfit #5: Flared leather pants as an evening combo

If you remember "Men in Black II", there was this evil alien (Serleena) that dressed up in a hot leather outfit. In that movie, she was wearing flared leather trousers, which I have been looking for ever since. This summer, Danish designer Malene Birger had flared leather trousers in her collection, so I had to buy them.

malene_birger_zpslk4lbq3u.jpg

Flared leather pants by Malene Birger, Blouse from Diane von Fürstenberg (again, no bust darts), suede platform boots by Vicini (the highest ones I got - I am still considering whether I should shorten the trousers just a little, would be more versatile), "M" leather clutch made by myself.

So... what do you think? :cool:

Outfits 1 and 2 are amazing.  I would think a woman would look at these outfits and want to wear them herself.  Blouse on the last outfit is superb.  Well done overall! :clap:

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 4/17/2016 at 11:48 AM, freestyle75 said:

Well... long time no posting in this thread... so I thought I should shoot a few more photos. Again I set up my home studio, this time not paying too much attention to the lighting, so some of the pictures are a bit "too warm" from a colour temperature perspective. Hope you don't mind.

Outfit #1: Cashmere trench and Marlene trousers

Outfit #2: Same as no. 1, but with an offwhite-coat, also by Burberry. Got it during winter sale.

Outfit #3: Biker.

Outfit #4: My take on the 70s for a summer outfit. 

Outfit #5: Flared leather pants as an evening combo

So... what do you think? :cool:

#1 and #2 are nice, not my style at all, but you do pull them off rather nicely, much more so than I could.

#3, I agree with your own assessment, for some reason that jacket is not very flattering.  I don't think its really an issue with you, as your gut is relatively flat in fact.  I think with that kind of jacket zipped up, you are supposed to have to have a tiny waist (ie, narrow hourglass) to look really good in it ...  But, when the jacket was open, it looked good on you.  Overall, I like this look quite a bit.

#4 looks good, but #5 I think is definitely the best overall look on you.

I think they all look good on you though, nicely done...

Edited by hhboots

Here's something I put together this week:

large.WP_20160422_20_41_36_Rich_Edit2.jpg

Target Fit and Flare Tetris print dress.

Target Bi-Stretch jacket.

Witchery boots.

Haven't worn anything cut above the knee before but quite pleased with how it turned out.

Same dress, but with Tony Bianco heels:

large.571dd4747ec13_WP_20160425_17_36_43_Rich(Cropped).jpglarge.571dd467f0d51_WP_20160425_17_35_02_Rich(Cropped).jpg

Edited by northshoreguy1981
Added extra photos
  • Like 5

@northshoreguy1981

For some reasion I like the Tony Bianco heels better, but they look kind of dark purple in one of the pics. I would prefer black to be combined with that dress. I think combining the blazer with the dress is a classic combination that works for both men and women, so it should work with this dress as well. If possible try to cut the pictures just below the head, so it's better to judge how the combination looks like.

Overall a nice combination!

4 hours ago, freestyle75 said:

@northshoreguy1981

For some reasion I like the Tony Bianco heels better, but they look kind of dark purple in one of the pics. I would prefer black to be combined with that dress. I think combining the blazer with the dress is a classic combination that works for both men and women, so it should work with this dress as well. If possible try to cut the pictures just below the head, so it's better to judge how the combination looks like.

Overall a nice combination!

Thanks for the feedback :)

Yes, the shoes are a dark purple, I did want the shoes in black but couldn't get them at the time.

That particular room in the house doesn't have the best light without opening the blinds so I'll have to find another solution there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2016 at 5:59 AM, freestyle75 said:

@hernaezjames Nice outfit :thumbsup:. I like that the shirt is a bit longer, which works great with tight jeans. You might want to consider to get it shortened though, while keeping the original hemline. Just one thing: On your 3rd and 4th picture, you are using your heel to sort of "lock" into an easy position using the metal bar. I did the same a couple of times which leads to scratch marks on the sole of the shoes (which is okay if you don't mind, but I only realized when I looked at the sole of my $$$ pairs of shoes. Since then I try to avoid using that "parking position").

Soooo.... the big question is: did you go out in that outfit? :cheeky:

---

Personally, I went out in a skirted outfit today to get a haircut at a big mall nearby. I really liked a skirt by the designer J.W. Anderson, which was very expensive and sold out everywhere - but which had a very simple design. Just before Christmas, I found a fabric store that had exactly the same material available (gray scuba jersey), so I sewed a copy of that skirt. As I don't have a model/skinny waist, the skirt doesn't "flare out" as much as the original, but the material is quite fluid and moves beautifully. After I had completed the skirt this week, I really wanted to take it for a "spin" this weekend. Question - as always - what shoes or boots go with this?

I tried several options. Biker boots, chunky Chelsea boots, wedges, ... and finally my cheapest pair of boots, the velvet (fabric) overknees with chunky heel from the fall/winter collection of H&M. Never wore them so far. When I put them on and had to pull on the material, I heard a light ripping noise, as if a seam was coming apart. Not good. Checked the boots, nothing visible. I don't know how you put on "pull on boots" without "pulling", so they will probably only last a few "wears"... :boo:

Here's are the outfit's parts:

jwa_01_zpscnnf93kd.jpg

Turtleneck shirt: s.Oliver (German brand), skirt: DIY, leggings: Isabel Marant, Bag: Proenza Schouler, Boots: H&M

jwa_02_zpsw50jqnsn.jpg

Don't ask me why, but for some odd reason, the shirt appears to be dark blue on that picture (or I need to get my eyes checked). In reality, it is black - just FYI.

With that outfit, I went to the local mall, parked my car, drove down the elevater from the park deck to the first floor, walked across the whole mall to the haircutter and got my hair cut. After that, I checked prices of stuff in an electronics store (online - as always - much cheaper), did some window browsing, ate something for lunch, and headed back to my car. Quite a few stares, mostly from men and very old people (60+). No one said anything. The girls at the haircutter already know my freestyle outfits, so they don't blink an eye when I visit them.

The outfit also works with sneakers + tights if you don't want to go for heeled boots. I even contemplated wearing sneakers today (I don't always wear heels), but with their coloring, they distracted too much from the skirt IMHO. I liked the black boots better, and also liked that they were high enough so you don't see where they end (under the skirt). 

Nice outift.. Looks great....

On 11/25/2015 at 4:56 AM, freestyle75 said:

Ok guys... long time no new Freestyle pictures. I setup my photo home studio, consisting of two flashes + photo umbrellas on light tripods, my trusted Nikon D3 with remote flash commander and connected it to my Mac for tethered, self-timer shooting. The reason why I did these photos was because I am currently having a conversation with one of the forum's members on a jacket by Burberry I just bought, and which I am not too sure about. I like the material and details (it really feels nice and is made extremely well), but due to its peplum cut, it makes one appear much broader than usual. So I am torn whether I should keep it, although I like it quite a lot. It just doesn't seem to fit to the rest of what I am wearing.

As I had setup all that equipment, I thought: Why not do a couple of more pics? So, here they are. First the ones without the Burberry jacket, then the ones with it. I would really appreciate your comments, especially on that jacket.

First outfit: Inspred by Olivia Palermo. I am like the fat version of her, plus I just realized that the coated trousers I am wearing are quite a lot darker bordeaux red than hers.

01_fell_zpsmhe8uab7.jpg

Real rabbit fur vest by Sly 010, sweater by s.Oliver, trousers by s.Oliver, boots by Giampaolo Viozzi.

Outfit No. 2:

02_rock_zpsmsippjtz.jpg

Blouse by Esprit, Skirt by Dorothea Schumacher, leggings by Isabel Marant, Boots by Ch. Louboutin.

Outfit No. 3: How to wear a patent skirt halfway gracefully as a guy:

06_mini_zpsnxhumxwd.jpg

Striped sweater by Stefanel, skirt by Hallhuber, Leggings still by Isabel Marant, suede boots by Michael Kors. Idea: Offsetting the sexed-up patent leather skirt by natural materials. Don't go too high with the boots, and try to avoid knee-high or even overknee boots. Unless you are earning money with it, then it's ok ;)

Outfit No. 4: How a typical winter outfit could look like.

08_daunenjacke_zps3nnuby7o.jpg

Down jacket by Esprit (altered in the bust area by my tailor), turtleneck by s.Oliver, Satin-Skirt by Hallhuber, leggings by Isabel Marant, Boots by A.F. Vandevorst.

Now to the pictures with the Burberry jacket.

Outfit No. 5: Combining a skirt

03_burberry_rock_zpsycxxss7g.jpg

Jacket by Burberry, Turtleneck by s.Oliver, Skirt by Asos, Leggings by Isabel Marant, boots by Ch. Louboutin.

Outfit No. 6: Jeans.

04_jeans_zpssuogauit.jpg

Turtleneck by s.Oliver, Jeans by Tommy Hilfiger, booties by Prada.

Outfit No. 7: Glamour

05_satinhose_zpsnzcgiqd3.jpg

Satin blouse by Darling Harbor, Trousers by Paco Rabanne, booties (not visible) by Zara.

So... what do you think?

The outfit in Jeans is awesome...

• 2 weeks later...

The boots and the outfit look great.

Stretch fabric OTK boots can look a little lumpy when worn over regular jeans.  Try wearing them over legging, or very skinny jeans, or better yet with a skirt or shorts.

I just checked out Wittner's site.  Unfortunately their largest size is 42. :-?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

4 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Try wearing them over legging, 

TBG

i tried same boots on over my side of Aus, wore stretch leggings to store specifically. I tried on the navy blue pair. Size 42 fits me like a glove. 

I just checked out Wittner's site.  Unfortunately their largest size is 42. :-?

Get the grinder out of the garage and knock a little of your toes! :-P

Wittner make the best boots !

Regards

James

Ah... another thigh boot and opera glove fan.  I've always thought thigh boots were opera gloved for the feet. This is an outfit to be worn either in the winter or well air conditioned place.  That much leather is warm, but it also feels great.  I have tried wearing my boots and gloves in public a couple of times and although I didn't get any negative reaction (and even a positive one), I didn't feel comfortable presenting myself that way, but then I used to feel uncomfortable wearing pumps.  Regardless, thigh boots and opera gloves are great feeling combination that really has to be experienced to be appreciated.

Here is another recent fan's post and an early one on my posts.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Well, the sugits and the top coats are ill fitting, that's for sure! Personaly, I would never close ty top button unless I also work a tie! Looks ridiculous to me.

4 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

The boots are Ok, but somebody sure needs to learn how to cut a suit.

Ha! It's retro to the massive shoulder pads and big suit look of the 1980s. Remember the talking heads stage costume?: