Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Guys, you make me happy - I hadn't expected THAT much of a positive feedback :happy:

The one thing I am still (sadly) missing is a perfect moto leather jacket. I am looking for one that doesn't have the boxy men's cut, but rather the female type cinched waist and also isn't as long as the men's version. That alone is not soooo hard to find, but what is more difficult: To find one where the seams are placed in a way that allow my tailor to remove the bust dart, so that it doesn't look odd on me. Finally, I would like one with a great leather quality, and that's where it usually ends.

I had found the perfect moto jacket at Belstaff last season, but they only produced it up to a (male equivalent) size "S", which is about two numbers too small for me. I just searched again and found two jackets that would even be available in my size.

This is the one by Alexander McQueen, which has a more "relaxed" fit, so my tailor would probably have to take the waist in a bit:

mcq_zpst2kcub9m.jpg

This one has a very relaxed fit, not sure whether I like this.

The other one is by Balenciaga:

balenciaga_zpsl8bl1q80.jpg

Depending on the picture, I like the jacket or I am not sure. The three left pictures really look okay to me.

The bust dart ("princess seam") is the first bummer, as it will be difficult to fix. Finally, the right picture shows that the jacket is very short (56 cm / 22 inches in my size, which is a french 44 or US 12), which might make it look strange if you have broader shoulders.

What do you think of these two jackets?

Would you guys buy any of these (money aside) ?

--- EDIT:

Oh well *sigh*... I searched more pictures on these two jackets and compared the length of the second one to the shortest cropped jacket I own. Jacket #2 is really too short. My shortest jacket is 1 1/2 inches longer, and already is quite short, so that would really be too short. From the pictures I found, jacket #1 is really a loose fit, meaning that it even doesn't look good on the anorexic models that normally make any jacket look good.

I probably have to search for the perfect moto a bit longer... :sad:

Hi Freestyle, well they both look pretty good, having them short is really an issue. On your second picture is there 2 jackets shown? The last frame does not look like the start of the strip. The last frame looks better. I agree the more you look at Moto jackets the more it takes some time to find the right one.

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ has quite a few Moto jackets, JW Andersen has a nice one.

I too have been looking for a moto jacket as well so your timing is good, will keep looking..

Hi - the second picture shows two jackets which are basically the same except for the zippers / metal, which is silver-colored in the right picture and black in the left. Unfortunately this jacket is really too short.

I am skipping over Luisaviaroma when it comes to jackets, as they seldomly have an Italian size 48 in stock :-(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah, but your legs seen rather "skinny" in those boots, thas all-other-wise looking good!

Took some photos on the Riverside of Jacksonville.  It was really therapeutic to walk around freely and take photos.  I think this was truly what I needed to get the wheel turning.  At any rate would love to hear what you all think.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow is right! You look so good in that outfit Freestyle, just fabalous!  I am a big fan of leather as well, you put together really well! Great job!

Hi Freestyler, that out fit you have put together is absolutely terrific, and if us  guys wear this type of clothing in public & show we can look great in heels , tights , skirts etc that horrible drag queen image that most people have of a guy in heels /skirts will disappear ( no offence to those who do drag queen style )

very well done indeed    

cheers from Melbourne Australia

Hey Newfie, love your look too with those multi coloured stilletos , whats NOT to like about your look   Fantastic :clap:

At all: Sorry for not posting for so long, I've had (and still have) lots and lots of work at my office. I "sort of" got promoted after my previous boss left; I can keep that promotion if I do a great job, so I've been working throughout the weekends non-stop for the last few weeks.

@hiheellover23:

Wow, you are bold. Personally, although I have some stilettos sitting here, I've yet to work up the courage to go out in them. Then again, you are so muscular that probably no one argues with you ;-)

@Newfie:

First: I am a great fan of you, so please don't take my comment on the open-toe heels personally.

I am not a big fan of open-toe shoes, so I wouldn't like first pair even if it was in a more subtle color. The candy color pushes the pair over the top for me - I wouldn't want to see those shoes on anybody. To me, they look a bit too cheap, too bright, too ... jeez... too everything!

BUT: I like the outfit you combined with them. Nice.

I really like the date night outfit of you. It looks very casual - makes heels look like something a guy could wear every day, which is exactly how it should be. And: You also look quite comfortable / relaxed in them.

@malinheels:

Thank you!

Now that it has become warmer I struggle a bit, as I am still lacking stuff that I can combine with the leather leggings on top (long-shirt, etc.). I am probably going to sew something on my own that I can combine with them or narrow cut trousers.

@Freestyle75

Thanks so much for the comments!

I totally agree with you on the peep toes. Every word! I'm not usually a fan either but I tried these on and they fit so well, and I got them second hand for $10 so I figured I'd have some fun with them. I'd never wear this out unless there was a very specific venue that called for such an outlandish outfit haha.

The other outfit, I've been wanting to wear my faux litas more often, and that just seemed to work. I usually try to let my heels blend into my outfits more than be a focal point. Thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...

The photo is hard to see because of the glare, but you have a slim figure and the leggings and long shirt look good on you. I assume the red shoes are stilettos and they complement the outfit well. I bet you could pull it off going public and few people would notice, since it looks well put together. If your avatar photo is you, most people would never know you're a male.

Steve

The photo is hard to see because of the glare, but you have a slim figure and the leggings and long shirt look good on you. I assume the red shoes are stilettos and they complement the outfit well. I bet you could pull it off going public and few people would notice, since it looks well put together. If your avatar photo is you, most people would never know you're a male.

Steve

Thank you Steve, and yes the avatar is me :) I'm somewhat glad to hear I'm passable ^_^

@Lvemadomina:

If you look at how women normally dress up when wearing leggings, they often wear long-shirts that flare out at the bottom and might be a bit longer (hard to see on your pic).

It's also important that if it's really a leggings without any closing/fly in the front, the shirt should be long enough to cover the crotch area - even in women's clothing, this is an unwritten rule.

Example:

Leather-leggings.png

So... you definitely got the figure to pull off the outfit, but I would choose a shirt that is tapered in the middle, but flares out a bit more at the bottom. Yes - that's VERY hard to find if you don't want to take a female shirt, as male "narrow" or "modern" cut shirts don't flare out at the bottom, but stay narrow throughout the whole shirt.

When I have finished a couple of other sewing projects, this shirt still is on my list, as I've got the same problem during summer with my leather leggings. Therefore I took an old men's shirt (narrow cut), took it apart and reconstructed its pattern. I've all things lying around here, but first need to finish a tote that I am currently working on :cheeky:

All in all a nice outfit !

And: I suppose that you are still younger than I am (I am 40). I did have a US size 6 when I was around 25, which was really thin. Nowadays, I often think that I should have been more bold back then (I was bold, but still too cautious), when I still could basically wear EVERYTHING. Your photo looks like that you still are thin enough to pull off pretty much everything that you wear, so do yourself a favor and don't only wear it at home. When you are older, you will regret it if you did not.

Exactly FS75 - A tunic top or a long t-shirt with leggings/jeggings and even skinny jeans is a look i go for often.  Back when i still had male clothes, i could not find many things in that side of the store that fit that description. H&M in the US is starting to do more feminine men's wear and that includes tunic type tops.

@Lvemadomina:

If you look at how women normally dress up when wearing leggings, they often wear long-shirts that flare out at the bottom and might be a bit longer (hard to see on your pic).

It's also important that if it's really a leggings without any closing/fly in the front, the shirt should be long enough to cover the crotch area - even in women's clothing, this is an unwritten rule.

So... you definitely got the figure to pull off the outfit, but I would choose a shirt that is tapered in the middle, but flares out a bit more at the bottom. Yes - that's VERY hard to find if you don't want to take a female shirt, as male "narrow" or "modern" cut shirts don't flare out at the bottom, but stay narrow throughout the whole shirt.

All in all a nice outfit !

Exactly FS75 - A tunic top or a long t-shirt with leggings/jeggings and even skinny jeans is a look i go for often.  Back when i still had male clothes, i could not find many things in that side of the store that fit that description. H&M in the US is starting to do more feminine men's wear and that includes tunic type tops.

Thanks both of you! The shirt is still a mens and it covers like half of that area, I've actually seen ASOS having men's "longline" shirts they're called and I hope they catch on so I can have a better excuse to wear leggings! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

As Steve said, it's a little hard to tell with the glare in the picture but the outfit looks fine to me.  I'd add a belt and pair it with boots or booties rather than pumps, but then I like boots.

something like this

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I posted these, I always feel my heel outfits balance out better with a jacket but have trouble wearing one in the south Florida summer :P

Very classy. I love them and would wear them with pride.

10 minutes before leaving to today's Vogue's fashion night out, I changed my outfit to this:

vfn15_zpsouekaw1g.jpg

Outfit: Boots by Phillip Hardy, Balenciaga leather leggings, Esprit crepe blouse, black bow made by myself, Commes des Garcons jacket, Borsalino Fedora, Belstaff bag.

To be honest, the boots that I was wearing originally were my favorite Ermanno Scervino boots, but while walking, I noticed that I felt somewhat unstable on the right foot. Upon inspection, the right heel looked as if it would come off with just a few steps more.

So when I saw the boots that you see in the picture above in one of the shops, I went in, bought these, and bagged the original boots I was wearing, which are now in need for my cobbler to take a look at.

Note for this outfit: Fedora hats are WARM. I had never expected to get sweaty under a simple Fedora hat, but with a sunny day today (72° F), it quickly became a bit too warm. So if you wanna wear something like this, it definitely has to be colder outside.

The outfit itself got me QUITE a few looks, but with many fashion minded people there, most of them approving. Two girls serving sparkling wine at one of the bigger department stores even complimented me on the boots first, and then the whole outfit. They said that they really like the whole outfit, and think that it is quite bold to wear this as a guy, but that they definitely like it very much. Too bad that I am no longer their age range, they were probably in their early 20s. But it's cool that the younger generation is so open minded.

All in all, I bought 3 new pairs of shoes ... a story I will post in the new boots section...