Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

I finally got out in the sun!  I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

post-4490-0-00103100-1412741921_thumb.jppost-4490-0-90131600-1412741928_thumb.jppost-4490-0-47837000-1412741936_thumb.jppost-4490-0-42111600-1412741945_thumb.jp

It's purely coincidental that it's the same skirt and shoes as last time.  I'm sure that I'll get something else on camera soonish.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks for the positive feedback.  It was a beautiful day, which helps with the quality of photos.

Hey there, ShoeDre! Nice outfit! Did you get any comments while out and about?

Hey JeffB, I did get a few comments, one from a girl saying how she loves the monsters inc. t-shirt.  My wife and I were shopping, and whist trying on a few skirts and tops, someone told me they loved my leather skirt.  At another point, I had to try and settle my one year old whilst my wife was in the changing rooms, so I was standing there bouncing my baby girl.  As I was doing that, one of the ladies that were trying on some heels turned to me and stated that I was better in heels than she was.

As usual, people always looks when I'm out freestyling.  It really doesn't bother me unless someone is rude or tries to give some sort of disapproving look.  If they try to be funny, I say something funny back at them.  If they look at me in disgust, I give them a big cheesy smile and laugh.  The way I see it, it's like being judge at a beauty contest by the ugliest person in the room.  It just doesn't matter what they think.

I love to see others expressing themselves visually.  Steampunk, gothic lolita, hardcore punk, or couture fashion, it's all good.  What I can't stand is generic, sheepish expression.  It represents either the lack of cognitive capability and/or effort, or a fearful and cowardly non existance.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I finally got out in the sun!  I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

attachicon.gifblue1.JPGattachicon.gifblue2.JPGattachicon.gifblue3.JPGattachicon.gifblue4.JPG

It's purely coincidental that it's the same skirt and shoes as last time.  I'm sure that I'll get something else on camera soonish.

That is just my opinion,you may disagree ;).Try a different top - probably not from the men's section,seems too eclectic to me the skirt heels and that t-shirt - I am also a freestyler,do not try to pass as a woman.

Out shopping for heels wearing my new Ash sneakers. Stopped by a Nine West where a very nice sales girl helped me try a couple boots. Too bad they did not have the Cohearent pump I wanted to try :(

post-289-0-80539400-1412893133_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

I finally got out in the sun! I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

blue1.JPG blue2.JPG blue3.JPG blue4.JPG

It's purely coincidental that it's the same skirt and shoes as last time. I'm sure that I'll get something else on camera soonish.

Normally that style is not my cup of tea but I think you pulled off a great look. It is hard to do but you rocked that style well.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Hey, each to their own cup of tea, the important thing is that you got out there and had fun, and from your later post it sounds like you got a whole bunch of positive comments.

I love to see others expressing themselves visually.  Steampunk, gothic lolita, hardcore punk, or couture fashion, it's all good.  What I can't stand is generic, sheepish expression.  It represents either the lack of cognitive capability and/or effort, or a fearful and cowardly non existance.

I think that's a bit harsh and judgemental. Sure, I love to see others expressing themselves visually too, but if someone has a more conventional style then that's their self-expression and it's equally valid if they're being true to themselves. One could argue that there's just as much of a herd mentality in trying to stand out from the crowd. I've known people who adopted a punk or gothic image to mask an absence of their own inner sense of identity. Another "rebel" (yawn). Self-expression isn't so much about what you choose to wear, but the attitude with which you wear it.

If you like it, wear it.

attachicon.gifblue1.JPGattachicon.gifblue2.JPGattachicon.gifblue3.JPGattachicon.gifblue4.JPG

I had to look at the pictures a couple of times to settle in on an opinion, but I like the look.

Try a different top - probably not from the men's section,seems too eclectic to me the skirt heels and that t-shirt

I agree.  I think this is what kept me from forming a positive opinion immediately.  I'd also add that hosery might be a nice refinment.

My wife and I were shopping, and whist trying on a few skirts and tops, someone told me they loved my leather skirt.  At another point, I had to try and settle my one year old whilst my wife was in the changing rooms, so I was standing there bouncing my baby girl.  As I was doing that, one of the ladies that were trying on some heels turned to me and stated that I was better in heels than she was.

As usual, people always looks when I'm out freestyling.  It really doesn't bother me unless someone is rude or tries to give some sort of disapproving look.  If they try to be funny, I say something funny back at them.  If they look at me in disgust, I give them a big cheesy smile and laugh.

It sounds like you had a good time shopping with your wife and young'en.  Your reaction to other folks reactions is close to mine but I don't reacall anyone trying to be funny.

Thanks for posting.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hey JeffB, I did get a few comments, one from a girl saying how she loves the monsters inc. t-shirt.  My wife and I were shopping, and whist trying on a few skirts and tops, someone told me they loved my leather skirt.  At another point, I had to try and settle my one year old whilst my wife was in the changing rooms, so I was standing there bouncing my baby girl.  As I was doing that, one of the ladies that were trying on some heels turned to me and stated that I was better in heels than she was.

As usual, people always looks when I'm out freestyling.  It really doesn't bother me unless someone is rude or tries to give some sort of disapproving look.  If they try to be funny, I say something funny back at them.  If they look at me in disgust, I give them a big cheesy smile and laugh.  The way I see it, it's like being judge at a beauty contest by the ugliest person in the room.  It just doesn't matter what they think.

Well done! That's just the right attitude to have while out and about! People will approve, express humor, revulsion, disapproval, perhaps even shock, it's important to know how to respond to any reaction you're likely to encounter.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

@JeffB: Some people will also get confused so much that they forget the simplest things.

After a stressful week, I wanted to have some fun this weekend, so I put on my Givenchy kilt (black), a grey T-shirt, a pair of cotton tights and some heeled leather boots (these ones - btw, not super comfortable to wear, as the heel is made of rubber that tends to bend a little when you put your heel on the ground. I might have to take them to the cobbler to get that heel fixed).

Anyway... I was refueling my car at a gas station, when an elderly couple in an Aston Martin drives up to the gas pump next to mine. The guy couldn't take his eyes of me. I smiled back to him and greeted him :wavey: , saying "hi".

When I got to the cash register (I had finished earlier), he walks in (face all red) and says "I did use the wrong type of gasoline, but I stopped right after starting. Can I continue with the other gasoline type?"  (Explanation: No, he didn't use Diesel instead of regular petrol, but he used the European "E10" fuel that contains a higher percentage of ethanol. There was a debate whether this more eco-friendly fuel would damage the engines of older cars)

I am not sure whether he would have made the same mistake hadn't he been staring elsewhere all the time :-P.

The rest of the day was pretty "unspectacular". When you walk by, most people don't look below your waist, so most even don't notice, especially in the main shopping streets.

• 4 weeks later...

Now here's a look I wouldn't mind being able to be seen in, I do wear T-shirts with skirts around the house sometimes, but if I were ever to go out skirted and heeled, this would be the kind of outfit I would like to wear. My new partner is cool with the heels at home and she knows about the skirts, but out and about would be another story. I also feel that at my age I'm a little beyond "Trendsetting"...

What do you guys think?

That looks like a fine outfit to me, very smart but at the same time relaxed with the shirt worn loose over the skirt. Also the length of the shirt and skirt are a nice proportion that might not work great with flats but it's perfect with those heels. I'd definitely feel good stepping out in an outfit like that, maybe browsing in a bookshop or department store or going for a coffee in a smart shopping mall. If you were to go out in your heels, where would you like to go?

Perhaps "at your age" it's even more important to be a trendsetter and inspire people who've been trapped in their shell for longer than they can remember. Just think of it as dressing honestly... maybe "at your age" you're a little beyond conforming to how other people expect you to dress. All I'm saying is that you might have other reservations about stepping out in heels, but don't let age have anything to do with it.

If you like it, wear it.

Nice boots, iibb - are you showing three different pairs here?  

I like the toe and heel on those in pics 4/5 - what length are the shafts, please?  Can we see more pics!

Those in pics 6/7 (which appear to have a flat heel) are eminently wearable in male mode, as discussed currently in this thread:  http://hhplace.org/topic/22571-the-stigma-and-power-of-thigh-high-boots/

• 2 weeks later...