Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

It's taken me quite a while to get something posted in this thread.  So here goes...

attachicon.gifblueskirtbackedgy.jpgattachicon.gifblueskirtfrontedgyfix.jpgattachicon.gifsideskirtedgyredone.jpgattachicon.gifSkirtfrontedgyfix.jpg

The skirt is amazing!  http://shop.alannahhill.com.au/clothing/skirts/ooops-oh-my-skirt.html

I agree with the others. A more dressy top would look much nicer than the t-shirt. If you wear heels with a skirt, by all means dress it up.

As far as your skirt length, it looks fine to me. You have nice looking legs, especially wearing pantyhose. Don't be afraid to flaunt your assets! Women usually do, so why not us men too?

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Date night with my amazing wife!

41F0200F-A7F7-438C-BA40-D195B0A0D353.jpg

And what she wore, just cause I know some of you would want to ask lol

2C186120-9A76-47AC-AB3C-D123071677DC.jpg

Looks like the start of a great date. You both look very nice.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Hey Newfie, great pics.  When it comes to style, you and I have a lot in common (I don't have the courage to put full pictures on here showing my face, though).  Good job!  Congrats on having an accepting wife...you both look great...

You and your wife must really create quite a stir up there in Newfoundland. Rock on!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Newfie……   Nice pics…  You (we) are lucky guys!!  My wife is also OK with me in heels, and we even go heeling together!!  Tell her she's the best!!  sf

P.S. as I do my wife…..

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The hat really finished off the outfit. Looks good.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks all again for the kind words. I've decided to amp it up a bit in the next coming whlie. I've really taken a liking to make up lately so now I'll be working more androgynous looks. Dunno how good they'll be but I guess we'll see haha.

New pumps bringing life to an old outfit.

334D0EA2-C627-4120-9B7F-D18F8A2AD15E.jpg

5A688191-BCB8-4681-A344-2CB193AC5308.jpg

I like the color coordination on this.

It's taken me quite a while to get something posted in this thread.  So here goes...

attachicon.gifblueskirtbackedgy.jpgattachicon.gifblueskirtfrontedgyfix.jpgattachicon.gifsideskirtedgyredone.jpgattachicon.gifSkirtfrontedgyfix.jpg

The skirt is amazing!  http://shop.alannahhill.com.au/clothing/skirts/ooops-oh-my-skirt.html

The A-line skirt gives it a girly look to be sure.  In line with what other people have said, a button down blouse made from a soft feminine fabric and in a light feminine color might tone down the outfit a bit.   Maybe tucking in the top would help make the entire outfit into a more age appropriate cohesive whole. 

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

The A-line skirt gives it a girly look to be sure.  In line with what other people have said, a button down blouse made from a soft feminine fabric and in a light feminine color might tone down the outfit a bit.   Maybe tucking in the top would help make the entire outfit into a more age appropriate cohesive whole. 

Interesting you should say tuck the shirt in...  The one thing I didn't like was how the top was kind of removing the A-line the skirt was giving.  I've worn the skirt out again, but the next time I semi-tucked a similar shirt in so that is was not tightly tucked, but tucked in enough to raise the length of the top, so that the skirt could be better seen.  I was very happy with the results, which has lead me to think that I just need to be careful about the length of the tops I wear with certain high-waisted skirts.

As to the Idea of wearing a more feminine top, that would look good in one way, but would not be allowing for the masculine side of how I want to present myself.  I am trying to wear some feminine clothing without simply just crossdressing.  I don't mind crossdressing, but I don't really do it all that often.  The idea behind this look is to be obviously a man, wearing a selection of clothes which happens to come from both sides of the store.  I would consider this a look comfortable enough to wear any non-rainy day.  I know others are doing this too, but I'm just choosing a few items that would be seen as more feminine.

Thanks for all the comments so far.  I didn't respond earlier, because I wanted to add something to the discussion.  I understand everyone has their preferences and didn't want to just agree or disagree about opinions.  Ironically, somehow that made me feel vain.  I'll see if I can get some better pictures up soon, but my phone camera and I are fighting over how much light is required for a good photo.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

As to the Idea of wearing a more feminine top, that would look good in one way, but would not be allowing for the masculine side of how I want to present myself.  I am trying to wear some feminine clothing without simply just crossdressing.  I don't mind crossdressing, but I don't really do it all that often.  The idea behind this look is to be obviously a man, wearing a selection of clothes which happens to come from both sides of the store.  I would consider this a look comfortable enough to wear any non-rainy day.  I know others are doing this too, but I'm just choosing a few items that would be seen as more feminine.

Ya know what would really look good with that skirt and heels and scream your still a man? Some kind of Leather Jacket or a ' biker ' style jacket. A regular mens one. 

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Any button down that has a collar with the sleeves rolled up (women love this in a man) can be perceived as masculine.  Some of that perception will depend on your personal energy.  

ILK has good advice.  It's why we see so many women wearing leather jackets layered over dresses.  

Ultimately, it's just about experimenting and finding what suits your style over time.  

Nothing personal, but I found your pictures jarring because of the combination of your t-shirt, skirt and shoes which I think would draw an inordinate amount of attention if you were to wear that outfit in public. I don't know if you've visited my thread (The Jaunts of JeffB), but I openly wear women's clothes from head to toe, my goal being to present myself as me, nothing more, nothing less. I don't worry about displaying a masculine side or feminine side, it's all needless labels anyway, I just wear the clothes I like and feel most comfortable in, the fact it all comes from the women's side of the store is no big deal to me. However, I understand that not everyone here wants to follow my particular philosophy, and I don't expect you to either, that said, I would also recommend something along the lines of a button down dress shirt, perhaps with a necktie thrown in for good measure. That might fill the prescription for the look you want to present.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It's interesting, somehow I'm sort of upset at the responses I've seen to my pictures.  I know many people usually have different views, which is good even when they disagree or conflict with the original ideas.  This leaves me wondering what it is that has irritated me.

It seems that the responses have been somewhat directed with the aim of helping me choose better options to co-ordinate my look.  I don't mind this.  Unfortunately, it seems that a sort of carbon-copy approach has been established, where somehow a certain look has prevailed here in the freestyle thread.  This is where some of the irritation is placed.

Suggestions about blouses, shirts, ties and collars sort of irk me.  Blouses are what my grandmother wore.  Shirts, collars and ties are part of the old system, which reminds me of modernist black and white thinking.  I can appreciate other people wanting to go down that path, but I clearly cannot.

There have been some good suggestions too.  Tucking in the shirt, or a leather jacket are great ideas.  They sort of lead more towards how I see my expression going.  I would happily wear a collar with 6 inch, sharp spikes sticking out of it, or a bracket with spikes, or have my hair in multicoloured, sharp spikes.  I only wear stilettos, which has a link to the spikes sticking out of me philosophy.  I'd never wear wedges or thick heels.

My wife has in the past had similar sorts of experiences.  She has always loved vintage clothing and jewellery.  When she was in school, many or her peers didn't understand her preferences.  These days, vintage clothing is fashionable.  The idea of following others beliefs appeals to neither of us.  Currently, both of us love the crazy fashion ideas emanating from some of the youth in Japan.

I do appreciate the intent behind the comments is positive, which is why I don't want people to get the idea that I'm angry because people disagree.  I just feel frustrated that the comments seem so one-dimensional creativity wise.  I posted my pictures with the idea of expanding the looks seen here.  It would love to see some others adding variance to this freestyle thread.

There will be more pictures at some point.  I go out dressed like this when I get the chance.  It's hard to get time with a young, busy family.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

The responses to your pictures were candid and honest. It's up to you to determine what you want to do with the information.

It's interesting, somehow I'm sort of upset at the responses I've seen to my pictures.  I know many people usually have different views, which is good even when they disagree or conflict with the original ideas.  This leaves me wondering what it is that has irritated me.

It seems that the responses have been somewhat directed with the aim of helping me choose better options to co-ordinate my look.  I don't mind this.  Unfortunately, it seems that a sort of carbon-copy approach has been established, where somehow a certain look has prevailed here in the freestyle thread.  This is where some of the irritation is placed.

I had to go back and look at the pictures, I must have missed them first time round. I like the outfit as it is, and I could easily imagine a young woman wearing that to a party at a student bar where the mix of formal and casual would fit the context perfectly (and a more conventional coordinated look would be completely out of place).

As guys wearing heels we're always going to "jar" people having to deal with the contrast of masculine/feminine, just like older women have to face the "mutton dressed as lamb" prejudice because they dare to enjoy and have fun with fashion at their age.

If you like it, wear it.

I like your honesty!

I don't think there's such a thing as "better options" when it comes to style.   That's why the world has LUCKY magazine for a young 20 something girl who is internet and fashion savvy.  And VOGUE, for a 30 something woman who is status and wealth conscious.  And SELF magazine, for the girl who is fitness conscious.  And COSMOPOLITAN for a pop-culture driven female.  The same "different strokes for different folks" is manifesting itself in feedback on your photo, that's all.

My feedback will be biased based on my own frame of reference and tastes until I get to know the style that best represents your most authentic self.  

Suggestions about blouses, shirts, ties and collars sort of irk me.  Blouses are what my grandmother wore.  Shirts, collars and ties are part of the old system, which reminds me of modernist black and white thinking.  I can appreciate other people wanting to go down that path, but I clearly cannot.

I'm happy for your sake you don't like blouses as that conviction will authenticate your style.  I don't take that personally.

My wife has in the past had similar sorts of experiences.  She has always loved vintage clothing and jewellery.  When she was in school, many or her peers didn't understand her preferences.  These days, vintage clothing is fashionable.  The idea of following others beliefs appeals to neither of us.  Currently, both of us love the crazy fashion ideas emanating from some of the youth in Japan.

As we get to know your style better, we can offer feedback that more accurately supports your authentic sense of personal style.  It's not about competing beliefs and styles with other people.  It's about competing with ourself to achieve our most authentic personal style.  

I just feel frustrated that the comments seem so one-dimensional creativity wise.  I posted my pictures with the idea of expanding the looks seen here.  It would love to see some others adding variance to this freestyle thread.

Thanks for taking the time to share  :rocker:

Thanks Kneehighs for understanding and taking the time to make a meaningful response.  I feel better about the possibility of having some creative discussions on fashion freestyling in the future.  I was hoping to post some pictures today, but my wife and I forgot to take any photos yesterday until it got too dark.  They ended up so blurry that I couldn't recover them.

SleekHeels, I think you're getting what I'm trying to do.  Think of Avril Lavigne, cute, pretty, but a little punk and young.  I would be great if I could master the Gary Numan styled eyeliner.  Yesterday I was rocking my Spiderman t-shirt with a pretty skirt and heels.  Thanks for your comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok trying something new, so I'm trying to work in skinny jeans in style wise. And I was a sucker and bought this blazer because well, I have no shame. But so I bought the blazer first, then the shoes to match. Just trying this whole thing out for the moment, not sure on the overall effect. So critique away! Sorry for the selfie pictures, my phone is pretty much my camera really.

Mcgt2m8l.jpg?1

SZrZ2QDl.jpg?1

o4KuDPwl.jpg?1

KopmYRLl.jpg?1

pu4D5e8l.jpg?1

SpqZby9l.jpg?1

KjolTwpl.jpg?1