Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Hi Saudade, Thank you for the wealth of information. I'll pass on the plumbers smile. :-) I am planning to wait until a week before the event to get anything. I'm not worried about the top as we get a tee shirt. Most of the women rock really nice jeans. After how bad I looked in last year's pictures I really want to look better this year. Thanks again, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Some brands will make skinny jeans a sausage casing if you put them in the dryer (no pun intended honestly).

That's exactly why I do dry them in the dryer. After a few hours of wear they tend to relax to the correct fit. Not too tight, not too loose.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Scrappycoco, With your last outfit I would maybe try sheer tan tights. Sure the black tights might be a little less conspicuous out and about, but if you're going to get noticed anyway then I think the contrast of grey with tan really brings out the best tones in both colours and works really well with blue denim too.

I do sometimes, actually most of the time. I choice to go with the black because I was trying to match the total color scheme of the whole outfit. 

I do sometimes, actually most of the time. I choice to go with the black because I was trying to match the total color scheme of the whole outfit. 

Yes, it's sometimes nice to break away from the usual #1 choice and do something a little different. I must admit I probably don't do that as much as I should.

If you like it, wear it.

As someone that basically now only wears women's jeans as they actually fit better than guys, a word of forewarning. Losing an inch or two can drastically change fit. I wear anywhere from a size 1-4 in women's jeans (don't ask, the sizing makes as much sense as a brick to the face.). What I've found is different brands have different fit, profiles maybe, and generally the only way to find out what brand does/doesn't work for you is to start trying them on.

Also start understanding how the front/back rise will fit your frame, don't want to do plumbers butt with some really low cut jeans now do you? Well if you do fine but I generally avoid that. Also learn how the rise affects how the general waist size (reference my prior comment on variable sizes) fits. If you're losing weight before the planned outing, i'd probably hold off on buying anything.

I switched to a "don't eat sugar/carbs as much as possible" diet just to be more healthy, and wasn't trying to lose weight as I'm already skinny enough, and ended up making a fair amount of pants no longer fit. So heed my silly findings or suffer the wrath of pants that are too damn big and drying them in the dry doesn't help shrink them at all.

Also with women's jeans, i've found that you almost HAVE to wash them inside out, and never dry them just air dry. Some brands will make skinny jeans a sausage casing if you put them in the dryer (no pun intended honestly).

Past that probably want to bring along the shoes, no way to know if the length fits or not. Also may want to get measured by a tailor so you know all the inseam/outseam/frontrise/backrise measurements so you have a better idea of if a pair will fit at all.

I echo almost everything you've said here, but perhaps in a more positive light.  I have found that losing almost 20 pounds has made some of my pants choices fit much better.  On the other hand, that inch or two has caused ill-fitting "gaps" in some other pants, and NOBODY wants to see my hairy bum, believe me.  It's true, there is just no other way than to try it on but.  .  . (see below)

That's exactly why I do dry them in the dryer. After a few hours of wear they tend to relax to the correct fit. Not too tight, not too loose.

I'll have to agree with you, Shafted, but maybe for a slightly different reason.  I cannot be bothered to separate out a certain pair of jeans that "cannot be dried." (Maybe it's bad memories of arguments on this subject with the ex-wife?)  When I buy a new pair of jeans, I wash them 2 or 3 times and dry them within an inch of their lives, to see how they're really going to turn out in the end, before having them altered, which I have to do with almost every pair, because my legs are too short.

• 2 weeks later...

I echo almost everything you've said here, but perhaps in a more positive light.  I have found that losing almost 20 pounds has made some of my pants choices fit much better.  On the other hand, that inch or two has caused ill-fitting "gaps" in some other pants, and NOBODY wants to see my hairy bum, believe me.  It's true, there is just no other way than to try it on but.  .  . (see below)

I'll have to agree with you, Shafted, but maybe for a slightly different reason.  I cannot be bothered to separate out a certain pair of jeans that "cannot be dried." (Maybe it's bad memories of arguments on this subject with the ex-wife?)  When I buy a new pair of jeans, I wash them 2 or 3 times and dry them within an inch of their lives, to see how they're really going to turn out in the end, before having them altered, which I have to do with almost every pair, because my legs are too short.

I generally take the strategy of wearing jeans straight away, then washing them and letting them air dry by default. I've lost too many good fitting jeans by accidentally drying them. Ignore the messy bed, I didn't bother to make it today. Just thought I'd throw in an example of jeans I have that I always wash inside out and air dry (pretty much have to with these particular ones).

Ok so skinny jeans are still "new" to me, and i'm not entirely sure I have the lower body for them to be honest. But this is a pair of Adriano Goldschmied super skinny gof jeans size 26 (super skinny is accurate for these by the way) linky: http://www.amazon.com/AG-Adriano-Goldschmied-Legging-Geomtric/dp/B008EMCAN6. They fit, well like a tight glove basically. But anyway I like wearing them but not totally sure I have the lower body for it to be honest. Been told I have the ass for heels by women but I just don't see it personally. One kinda hard thing to see is that they have a geometric pattern that is kinda like waxed jeans, but not really, hard to describe, but its a cool effect just not nearly as pronounced as the example photos give.

I'm thinking they'd look better with stilettos and not these boots though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Example of this pair of jeans "pattern" effect more up close:

Posted Image

Also, for me, I love that I've finally discovered what brands of jeans I can buy that fit well. Took many tries to get to the point where I understood women's jean sizing (basically, I still don't, but at least now I can throw wet spaghetti at the wall instead of going, damn too big, lets try again, also big lets try again, boom thats small as shit).

Dunno, I'm not entirely sold on skinny jeans.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Those jeans look amazing on you! And I love the boots. I too have just discovered jeggings, I'm getting use to the tight fit of them, and I miss my front pockets, but I plan on wearing them a lot more often as they are an easy choice for tucking into boots.

Just one pic, the first time I wore them last week, me and the wife were out shopping and I was checking myself in the mirror while she was in the changeroom.

Posted Image

Hrm, well ok, guess its just me being weird then. If the consensus(ish) is they're good to go, then I'll ask about another "outfit" I had saved up but can't work up the courage to wear outside yet. Skinny jeans just weird me out dunno why.

So this is it, the boots I literally just got the jeans a bit ago also (both on sale cause i'm a sucker for sales). And they're high as hell way not 4.5" with a 0.5" platform. Closer to 5.5" without a platform they edge towards fetish territory. So now that I know that, gotta buy more LAMB shoes, Gwen Stefani is genius.

Boots linky:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CS042VI

Jeans:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=FRAN-WJ663

Anyway pictures was my goal so voila:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Those jeans look amazing on you! And I love the boots.

I'll echo that, and Foxyheels and Mr. X too. I see all sorts of body shapes wearing skinny jeans and I think it's the overall way the outfit's put together (and the feeling of confidence that comes from that) that make them work.

If you like it, wear it.

The angles and colors of the pants and shoes work perfectly, but I would mute the top. A plain black Topof sorts, then just let the lower half carry the outfit.

Heh, well it was just the sweater I had on interestingly and I figured well everything else is black and white, might as well go for gold with gusto. But yeah my plan was more other sweaters/tops.

Heh, well it was just the sweater I had on interestingly and I figured well everything else is black and white, might as well go for gold with gusto. But yeah my plan was more other sweaters/tops.

Love your sense of adventure with your style!  

If you keep the top, I'd monochrome mute the bottoms, with solid white or solid black.  The top with it's preppy references of stripes and large knits doesn't "mix print" well with the futuristic pants.  Or you could do the reverse and monochrome mute the pants with a solid top.

Just my humble opinion  :wave:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 months later...

Here are some pictures, Long sleaved T-Shirt, women extra skinny soft jean and Calvin Klein boots.

I agree. I like the boots and the skinny jeans. Thanks for the pics.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging comments!

I like this kind of look really much, but at the moment, I only go out dressed like this at late night when I can.

It is a big step (at least for me) daring going out day time with these boots showed completely off...

I put some other pics, witht the same outfit but with different boots.

Bye

post-13927-0-49692300-1397657430_thumb.j

post-13927-0-74469200-1397657440_thumb.j