Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

I think much of the discrepancy you describe between your self and the much older members of the forum can be mitigated by weight (addressed in another post). I'm over 60 years old, but I think I can pull off heels well. (Look at some of my older posts.)

That is very true, I mean I had a whole point to make but I kinda lost that thought halfway through. I think is you're thinner it deffinatly helps to a certain look.

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

I like this forum a lot. I think style is subjective, and it's really intersting to see the different kinds of people on this forum. A lot of you are men who identity as masculine still who just "simple love heels", while others like to adventure into stuff like tights or stockings, and others like myself love the whole femanine effect - from heel to head.

I do wear tights in the winter. Theres this desire of mine to keep my legs from getting cold :) . Its a practical thing more then a fashion statement.

That being said, a lot of the men on this forum are older men in the age range of 35-40+. Myself being 19 going on 20, and loving the high-fashion side of life, some of these photos at a first glance I look at and I think "Oh my GOD! NO NO NO!" But one of two things strike me after that.

The first being that yes, the guy is an older male, usually still keeping all the male features such as short hair usually grey(ing), masculine clothing such as male polo necks, and hairy arms/face/legs. The fact at what time and age we are in now compared to say when they were my age has changed a lot, it's more acceptable / goes more um-noticed now than before, even if thats only slightly. I think people as a whole are more polite about the matters. I digress though - the point im getting at here is basically just some of the photos I look at, it takes me a few seconds where I have to process the fact that, not everyone has the chance to be young, perky with flawless skin and the ability to pull of heels, we can't all be like GregoryGorgeous on YouTube. But you still do you, because you do it so well!

Im in that 40-50 age range and I dont think I would have a problem passing for someone many years younger ( or the opposite gender for that matter :( ). My present babe thought I was in my late 20's early 30's when we met.

I dont look and think ' OMG! Dude has grey leg hair and a hot assed set of stilettos! ' anymore. I did when I first started reading here and now have realized that some day, Thats going to be *me*. I believe you have thought the same.

Mother nature has given me a temporary stay on aging ( of sorts ) but she will return to being a total wench and revoke that stay sometime in the next few years.

What I have discovered are guys like Shafted, Thighbootguy, Foxyheels, Sleekheels and our Celebrity JeffB arent afraid to say ' Yeah, Im a bloke/guy and I wear heels or what I want to wear '.

Being honest, I think we wear what fits our personality moreso then what ' looks good '.

Im a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy.. Thats what I wear with heels. Ive THOUGHT about a skirt and have been encouraged to try it, but its not a priority for me right now B) .

I've said this before and i'll say it again though, most of these outfits bring you all great comfort, again myself included, and even if to others you look a tragic mess, it's only a photo. Your personality (and a matching clutch bag) always help bring an outfit together.

Nah! I have a wallet ;) Fits in my pocket. No need to move all my stuff around :wavey:

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

This goes back to stuff we've been covering on this forum for years.

Your style works hand in hand with your personality and the context you are wearing your heels in. The path of least resistance is achieved when personal style, personality and context align congruently .

http://www.hhplace.org/167167-post25.html

All this talk about Attire without some reference to the Context you wear your heels in and your Attitude about yourself in heels is too narrow of a focus, if you ask me. I love the focus on style and grooming and believe the seeds of a positive first impression generated through great Attire (personal style) are where Assimilation begins, but Assimilation through style doesn't exist in a vacuum independent of Attitude (how you carry yourself) and Context (where you are). All three must be present in balance to achieve Assimilation (acceptance).

Attire + Attitude + Context = Assimilation

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

It seems we are more popular than we think. With people from here being on "Worst Dressed" lists, and wal mart fail websites, it seems we have no hit Tumblr.

A fun fact about that is I saw JeffB's picture of him in black knee high boots in the apple store on Tumblr, about 4 months before I joined this website!

I can't remeber this fellows username, but I know that he is part of the forums! Congrats haha.

Link

It seems we are more popular than we think. With people from here being on "Worst Dressed" lists, and wal mart fail websites, it seems we have no hit Tumblr.

A fun fact about that is I saw JeffB's picture of him in black knee high boots in the apple store on Tumblr, about 4 months before I joined this website!

I can't remeber this fellows username, but I know that he is part of the forums! Congrats haha.

Link

He looks great and about the mass flock of narrow-minded people no comment.

He looks great and about the mass flock of narrow-minded people no comment.

The thing about Tumblr is there are many cliques to it, like everything. I follow a lot of people who like to post things that essentially take the piss out of everything. So while a number of those people will look at that picture and think "oh my god", a lot of people actually liked the picture genuinally.

Hey guys, Yep, that picture has gotten a lot of attention on Tumblr. That was my birthday dinner outfit, and I originally sent the picture to the company I bought the skirt from to post on their Tumblr. To be honest, I wasn't even sure if they would post it (although they were more than happy to), and certainly didn't expect the huge reaction it got. When I woke up the next morning, my blog had received over 4,000 page views just that night, had went from 17 followers to 50+, and I had around 30 messages to respond to, all of which were positive. It was a pretty great birthday gift. I started the blog to just try to get the word out about men's fashion freedom & having the courage to be yourself. So far, the message is being received very well, and I couldn't be happier about that.

New theater trip. This picture is from the theater.

Nice outfit pumps. It would also look great with slacks instead of jeans.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

New theater trip. This picture is from the theater.

Nice pic there. Casual but stylish. Good job, my friend! A question, was that a clutch bag you were holding? I'm curious to know about that.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nice casual outfit. Well done !

JeffB:

I think he is holding a magazine (folded in half).

Can't wait to see Pumps reply about this.

Hmm! Upon further review, you might be right. Time to have my eyes checked. :wavey:

Still, HappyFeat is dead on right, a clutch would've been perfect for that outfit. Makes me wanna go and buy one for myself! :)

Hmm! Upon further review, you might be right. Time to have my eyes checked. :wavey:

Still, HappyFeat is dead on right, a clutch would've been perfect for that outfit. Makes me wanna go and buy one for myself! :)

I agree about a clutch but it is so small ! You can't fit too much stuff in it !

I agree about a clutch but it is so small ! You can't fit too much stuff in it !

True, but I'm sure that if you look hard enough, you can find a large clutch that can successfully carry much of what you want to carry around with you on an outing.

Actually Jeff, I think a clutch would be a perfect addition to the outfit. Good thought!

Sure, if you want everybody to take the piss out of you AND have to carry something that doesnt hold anything useful!

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

With the right clutch, it really isn't about what you can fit into it as much as it is about the fashion statement. Besides, unless it is tiny, you can get keys, cell phone, ID, maybe a credit card and some cash...what more do you really need for the theater?

Style is built from the ground up!

True, but I'm sure that if you look hard enough, you can find a large clutch that can successfully carry much of what you want to carry around with you on an outing.

I own a few shoulder bags and I wear them without any problem.

I think they look kind of "unisex". But I'm not sure about a clutch. Maybe too "girly" looking ?

Now after reading your post, you make me wonder if I could find one that I would like...

Even if I do, I don't think I have any outfit that would go with a clutch :wavey:

Update: Maybe I would consider this clutch ?

I own a few shoulder bags and I wear them without any problem.

I think they look kind of "unisex". But I'm not sure about a clutch. Maybe too "girly" looking ?

Now after reading your post, you make me wonder if I could find one that I would like...

Even if I do, I don't think I have any outfit that would go with a clutch :wavey:

Well, speaking as someone who regularly wears skirts in public, the dead last thing I worry about is looking "girly". As for your little problem, just build an outfit around a clutch, say a dressy blazer and slacks with a pair of heels. See? That wasn't too hard!

Nice pic there. Casual but stylish. Good job, my friend! A question, was that a clutch bag you were holding? I'm curious to know about that.

Pumps, what a great outfit! The jacket fits you perfectly and I love the hosiery and the modest heel pumps. Great freestyle look.

Nice casual outfit. Well done !

JeffB:

I think he is holding a magazine (folded in half).

Can't wait to see Pumps reply about this.

Thanks guys. It's actually just the programme for the show I'm holding. I never considered a clutch, but maybe I should ?

BTW. this is actually my new facebook profile-pic.

Sure, if you want everybody to take the piss out of you AND have to carry something that doesnt hold anything useful!

I agree with HappyFeat I usually take everything I need (and no more) in my pockets to go out. A clutch would be larger than what I need.

I do have a small cosmetics bag that I use as a clutch, but only if I'm not wearing a coat or jacket with the outfit. I only use pants pocket for small items like keys. I really dislike carrying a wallet in my pants pocket and usually keep in an interior coat pocket. I too take only what I need.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

With a shoulder bag I have both arms free; with a clutch, I'd have to clutch it. No thanks. A clutch is for klutzes. I like a shoulder bag, so I can stuff everything including the kitchen sink in it, although the weight sometimes drains me. :wavey: I hate stuff in my pants pockets. It make me look fatter and it's uncomfortable. Besides, women's jeans have smaller pockets. Steve