Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

I got them from Spring. They were the last ones on their site in the clearence section. $80 on for $40 and they're real leather. Very nice, comfy, and easy to walk in.

Nice boots at a great price :-)

I like the color and style.

I hope you will enjoy them as much as you can before the weather gets too warm !

• 2 weeks later...

Back in March, I made a casual statement that "flare cut pants by the way are making a comeback now, so embrace that opportunity now guys to wear your heels with stealth."

Now, 1 month later, the online home of Vogue has confirmed the re-emergence of the flare cut pant. This means you will see many more flare cut pants in High Street/chain shop stores like Zara, Mango....

http://www.style.com/stylefile/2010/04/the-flare-essentials/?mbid=fbk

Just saying!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

^ I have some GAP flares in my wardrobe. I think the need the hems raised though as a lot of my heels are still high enough for them. And just before I was getting comfortable with the idea of my heels showing. :smile:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Back in March, I made a casual statement that "flare cut pants by the way are making a comeback now, so embrace that opportunity now guys to wear your heels with stealth."

Now, 1 month later, the online home of Vogue has confirmed the re-emergence of the flare cut pant. This means you will see many more flare cut pants in High Street/chain shop stores like Zara, Mango....

http://www.style.com/stylefile/2010/04/the-flare-essentials/?mbid=fbk

Just saying!

Wow! next thing we'll know is that Polyester leisure suite will be making a comeback :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 months later...

The purpose of this post is to compel some to spend just a few minutes to study fashion/style. Study it from the best in the world.....(style.com, Vogue.com, net-a-porter.com)

So the Fall shopping season has hit the racks and it's time to review your wardrobe options for the season. Style.com just released their Fall 2010 Trend Report

Again, menswear inspired womenswear found itself all over the runway's most influential shows. Have a look at some of my personal picks for the seasonally ubiquitous blazer:

Balmain, contrasting gold buttons, Paris Fashion Week

Dolce and Gabbana, double breasted blazer, Milan Fashion Week

Michael Kors, double breasted, New York Fashion Week

Marc Jacobs, oversized, double buttoned blazer, New York Fashion Week

Oscar de la Renta, neon color as an option, New York Fashion Week

Keep some of these trends and the other trends in mind next time you are out shopping on High Street or at Zara.

Regarding heels for men as a newsworthy subject among fashion industry power figures, take these comments by Cathy Horyn of the New York Times in an interview with Charlie Rose:

CHARLIE ROSE: And what is that about? I mean I have read about that

and this emphasis on the men’s look in women’s clothes?

CATHY HORYN: Well, you see it in Europe a lot. In fact, at the last

round of the Paris men’s show in January, I mean it is interesting just

listening because -- because of this global economy, you have so many

different sub-cults and sub-cults everywhere. And in Paris, you see a lot

of young guys who are wearing high heels, blocked heel shoes, you know, and they are.

CHARLIE ROSE: I thought it was the other way around, women were

wearing men’s clothes.

CATHY HORYN: Well, they do that too, but that is sort of old news, I

mean it’s sort of like, you know, we’ve seen that.

Thanks kneehights for the info and the Charlie Rose link.

There is a part of if which I like a lot:

MILLARD DREXLER: Well, see -- what she sees and what I see practical

more, that’s -- she’s got to look into the future. We look at day-to-day.

For example, our best-selling men’s shoe, the Macalister -- we lowered it

to size five now because we sell one-third to women. Instead of just to men.

Maybe in the future we will read something like this instead:

For example, our best-selling women’s shoe, the Xxxxxxxx -- we increased it

to size twelve now because we sell one-half to men. Instead of just to women.

:wave:

Here is an outfit I was messing around with the other day. I don't think I would wear it out of the house at this point. I would like to but I don't see it in the cards. Anyhow, opinions please. The outfit itself: - guess pumps - guess skinny jeans - white womens top - black wide belt

post-3002-133522920591_thumb.jpg

Here is an outfit I was messing around with the other day. I don't think I would wear it out of the house at this point. I would like to but I don't see it in the cards.

Anyhow, opinions please.

The outfit itself:

- guess pumps

- guess skinny jeans

- white womens top

- black wide belt

Nice casual feminine attire Mr. X. I like it! Something to wear to a patio lounge.

Here is an outfit I was messing around with the other day. I don't think I would wear it out of the house at this point. I would like to but I don't see it in the cards.

Anyhow, opinions please.

The outfit itself:

- guess pumps

- guess skinny jeans

- white womens top

- black wide belt

Very nice outfit, Mr. X. Nice summer outfit and you look very comfortable in it.

Like the outfit but the belt doesn't quite match, in my opinion. Needs something else. Perhaps a thinner belt ?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Anyhow, opinions please.

The outfit itself:

- guess pumps

- guess skinny jeans

- white womens top

- black wide belt

Any belt, on any man, that high up, does look stupid....

It also looks out-of-place somewhat... maybe its too big...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Anyhow, opinions please.

The outfit itself:

- guess pumps

- guess skinny jeans

- white womens top

- black wide belt

The belt absolutely works for a flattering feminine look - fantastic!

i like the belt, the outfit would look too plain with just the white top, the belt breaks it up nicely! Tech, i think you're wrong, a nice thick brown belt, with a dark high waisted skirt and a white top would look awesome, no matter what gender the wearer of the outfit might be.

Anyhow, opinions please.

The outfit itself:

- guess pumps

- guess skinny jeans

- white womens top

- black wide belt

I give you credit, because you've at least started to make an effort in the right direction. This outfit is basic and becomes an issue of how to accessorize it to make it your own look.

In a situation like this, google images is your best friend. I did a search for "skinny jeans, heels" and "skinny jeans, white top, heels" and found the images below. Before I put an outfit on to go out, I study different possible outfits on google images. I also make sure my textures and fabrics are current by staying up to date with style.com, vogue.com, and netaporter.

In general, your outfit as worn in your photo will achieve two things, whether intentional or not:

1. make your legs look longer by raising the belt really high

2. give your body a feminine shape, but using the belt to cinch your waist and create a feminine silhouette as a result.

Thoughts to ponder:

1. As the belt is so high, the armpit space is going to look odd when you move around

2. the shirt will scrunch up funny vertically along your torso (as the photo already shows) because the belt will restrict fabric movement.

3. that type of top is best worn tucked in to dress it up.

4. Personally, I'd nix the top in favor of a more dressed up button down shirt, as seen below. This would be a more current look, yet timeless. Women all over the place are wearing men's button downs and Nina Garcia in her Little Black Book of Fashion even recommends all women buy one as a staple. Also, you'll still achieve the same color combination. Look at Blake Lively's photo (#2), Rihanna's photo (#1), and Cameron Diaz's photo (#3). I think Cameron's outfit is a minor fail though IMHO.

5. If you absolutely insist on wearing that top, accessorize it with something else, not that belt. Try a scarf or a necklace. And roll the sleeves up. (#5, Nicole Richie)

6. If you insist on wearing that belt, tuck the shirt in and try the belt around the natural waist on the jeans. (#2, Blake Lively). Personally, I don't like your belt buckle though. It's tough to pull off Vanessa's Millino's look (#4)

Good luck.

post-486-133522920677_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522920682_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522920683_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522920689_thumb.jpg

post-486-13352292069_thumb.jpg

I give you credit, because you've at least started to make an effort in the right direction. This outfit is basic and becomes an issue of how to accessorize it to make it your own look.

In a situation like this, google images is your best friend. I did a search for "skinny jeans, heels" and "skinny jeans, white top, heels" and found the images below. Before I put an outfit on to go out, I study different possible outfits on google images. I also make sure my textures and fabrics are current by staying up to date with style.com, vogue.com, and netaporter.

In general, your outfit as worn in your photo will achieve two things, whether intentional or not:

1. make your legs look longer by raising the belt really high

2. give your body a feminine shape, but using the belt to cinch your waist and create a feminine silhouette as a result.

Thoughts to ponder:

1. As the belt is so high, the armpit space is going to look odd when you move around

2. the shirt will scrunch up funny vertically along your torso (as the photo already shows) because the belt will restrict fabric movement.

3. that type of top is best worn tucked in to dress it up.

4. Personally, I'd nix the top in favor of a more dressed up button down shirt, as seen below. This would be a more current look, yet timeless. Women all over the place are wearing men's button downs and Nina Garcia in her Little Black Book of Fashion even recommends all women buy one as a staple. Also, you'll still achieve the same color combination. Look at Blake Lively's photo (#2), Rihanna's photo (#1), and Cameron Diaz's photo (#3). I think Cameron's outfit is a minor fail though IMHO.

5. If you absolutely insist on wearing that top, accessorize it with something else, not that belt. Try a scarf or a necklace. And roll the sleeves up. (#5, Nicole Richie)

6. If you insist on wearing that belt, tuck the shirt in and try the belt around the natural waist on the jeans. (#2, Blake Lively). Personally, I don't like your belt buckle though. It's tough to pull off Vanessa's Millino's look (#4)

Good luck.

Great pics and tips. I will definitely take them under advisement.

The belt looks far too high - It's on the rib line or so it seems drop it down or wear it loose at a slant would be far better and more comfortable. Otherwise for a tryout (messing about with) no probs. Looks good Al

Anyhow, opinions please.

The outfit itself:

- guess pumps

- guess skinny jeans

- white womens top

- black wide belt

I like it,especially the belt.Suits you.

• 2 weeks later...

My fiance and I were out of town to the big city the last 5 days. As always did more shopping than I should have. But 2 of the things I bought was light grey skinny jeans from Urban Planet, and a pair of knee high black western style boots from Sirens. Here's a pic of them. As always, feel free to share yout thoughts. Thanks!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/boots21.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me224.jpg

My fiance and I were out of town to the big city the last 5 days. As always did more shopping than I should have. But 2 of the things I bought was light grey skinny jeans from Urban Planet, and a pair of knee high black western style boots from Sirens. Here's a pic of them. As always, feel free to share yout thoughts. Thanks!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/boots21.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me224.jpg

I don't think I remember you ever mentioning a fiance before. Congrats!

It was C-mas I asked her to marry me. I hid the ring in a pair of boots I had for her.... For those who want to know they're a black knee high flat boot with an outside zipper from Torrid.com. They're not on the site anymore. We're looking at Oct 20th 2012. We want to give ourselves time so we aren't rushed, getting little bits done to a time. And please, no comments about the end of the world, I'm sure many of you have a comment or joke, but we've heard them all lol. And thank you all for the congrats, but in fear of hijacking the thread, can we get back to the topic :)