Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Well done Happy! While I can't say I particularly like any one complete outfit. There are definitely bits and pieces of every outfit that I love. Especially the wine colored shoes in #2.

HP: Good heavens! I'm speechless! Your newest pics are nothing short of sensational! That dress you bought looks terrific and your choice of footwear worked to perfection in all the pics! Bravo, my friend! Bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've been contemplating this for awhile, heck, I even told HappyFeat about what I was planning in a PM, well, I've decided to experiment with oversized sweaters and leggings. After some shopping at Sears and JCPenney, I've put together two separate outfits:

Outfit 1:

Blue sweater over black turtleneck, black faux croc print belt, black leggings, Pleaser Vanity 2013 knee boots

Posted Image

The sweater, belt and leggings all came from Sears, even though the sweater is extra large, the sleeves still came up a tad short, well, that's what happens when you've got long arms like I do. The reason I added the turtleneck was two-fold: contrast with the blue sweater, and to add layering, given the sweater's neckline which I think dressed it up considerably. Overall, I can't help wondering if the sweater might be a tad short at the bottom for the purpose I have in mind for same.

Outfit 2:

Purple sweater over black turtleneck, black faux croc print belt, black leggings, Pleaser Vanity 2013 knee boots

Posted Image

This sweater I bought at Penney's, the cowl neck design I thought was really cool, but I added the turtleneck, again for contrast and because it's just too darn cold to be traipsing about in short sleeves. Unlike the Sears sweater, the length of this one was no problem, hell, if anything, on someone shorter than me, it easily qualifies as a dress. In fact, I tried it on without the leggings and it would indeed work as a minidress. While purple is my favorite color, I'd prefer a darker color.

I've yet to venture outside in either of these ensembles which I'd probably pair with my black leather jacket, given the cold temperatures, like I said, I'm merely experimenting, running this up the flagpole to see if anyone will salute. So please give me your feedback, be it positive or negative, let me know if you think either is immediately viable for public consumption, or if I need to work on improving them.

Its about time the legging show up! I have been waiting for quite some time and you have done a wonderful job. I absolutely LOVE the ensembles you have put together. They are bold and daring, which is a big plus with me. You are right, the first sweater may be a bit short, but if you add the right coat, you may get it to work for you yet. I have seen a few twentysomethings out with very short sweaters, but that may be a bit tough for a guy to pull off. However, I do like the belt with both looks. Finding the right sweater is tough and the one thing that has kept me from exploring leggings. I have bought a couple of pairs (and even a pair of stirrup pants) but have yet to find the sweater. The second sweater is a great length, though for me I am not so sure about the wide turtleneck, though you seem to pull it off well. Now you have got me thinking.... Great job Jeff!

Style is built from the ground up!

OUTSTANDING That's all I can think about. You look great. I wouldn't worry about a few pounds. Good Luck with the dress and please let us know when your wear it out. Happy New Year Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

I've been contemplating this for awhile, heck, I even told HappyFeat about what I was planning in a PM, well, I've decided to experiment with oversized sweaters and leggings. After some shopping at Sears and JCPenney, I've put together two separate outfits:

Outfit 1:

Blue sweater over black turtleneck, black faux croc print belt, black leggings, Pleaser Vanity 2013 knee boots

Posted Image

The sweater, belt and leggings all came from Sears, even though the sweater is extra large, the sleeves still came up a tad short, well, that's what happens when you've got long arms like I do. The reason I added the turtleneck was two-fold: contrast with the blue sweater, and to add layering, given the sweater's neckline which I think dressed it up considerably. Overall, I can't help wondering if the sweater might be a tad short at the bottom for the purpose I have in mind for same.

Outfit 2:

Purple sweater over black turtleneck, black faux croc print belt, black leggings, Pleaser Vanity 2013 knee boots

Posted Image

This sweater I bought at Penney's, the cowl neck design I thought was really cool, but I added the turtleneck, again for contrast and because it's just too darn cold to be traipsing about in short sleeves. Unlike the Sears sweater, the length of this one was no problem, hell, if anything, on someone shorter than me, it easily qualifies as a dress. In fact, I tried it on without the leggings and it would indeed work as a minidress. While purple is my favorite color, I'd prefer a darker color.

I've yet to venture outside in either of these ensembles which I'd probably pair with my black leather jacket, given the cold temperatures, like I said, I'm merely experimenting, running this up the flagpole to see if anyone will salute. So please give me your feedback, be it positive or negative, let me know if you think either is immediately viable for public consumption, or if I need to work on improving them.

Look 1, the sweater is def too short. LOTS of private details could inadvertently become exposed there. :cry1: Plus, in my opinion, it draws attention to your thigh muscles.

Look 2, great length. I'd still go a little longer if possible as minimize the amount of leg muscle you show. Your hamstrings and quads look pretty well developed. Perhaps shop the tall section women's departments for something that ends just a few inches above the knee. You could always buy something that is too long and have a local seamstress customize the length for you. Now that would be bespoke! LOVE the contrasting sleeves and the cowl neck works great.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

...I've decided to experiment with oversized sweaters and leggings...

Very nice looking outfits indeed ! Again well done !

I like the legging look a lot. (You got the legs to show them off)

Even if the look is definitively more feminine, you still look good in it !

(And you don't look like a women after all, that is the amazing part of it)

A final note: Be carefull when you sit while wearing a short sweather...:cry1:

I put together 5 different looks to post and will likely post a few more with some different combinations.

Very nice outfits: I like the "Jackie Onasis" look in picture # 3 !

HappyFeat and JeffB:

I am amazed by the fact how easy it seems for you both

to wear women's clothing "as a man" and experiment with them.

It is very refreshing.

JeffB! Congratulations for just attempting to put together a "look" utilizing the garments that you chose. While I agree that it does need some "tweeking" to overcome some obvious wrinkles, you've earned my admiration just by thinking of appearing in public wearing either of those outfits -- not to mention those that you've already worn in public.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

HF--I swear you are channeling Jackie Onasis in look 3/5. She liked black turtlenecks you know. I dare you to throw in some (oversized) black raybans, some white leather gloves, and a pearl necklace that fits, not drapes, around your neckline. Add some white tights, and a black Jackie Gucci bag look a like, and you are totally good for a day at the Polo Grounds. Any woman that wouldn't fawn over you would be out of her mind.

...snip...

It takes sooo long to take self portraits and then upload them here. I commend anyone who takes the time to do this.

A comparison to Jackie O. is the height of any fashion complement that anybody could receive! I thought last summer when somebody compared a look that I sported to Mary Tyler Moore during her Dick Van Dyke show run was high praise, but that just takes the cake. I may very well take you up on your dare and see how it goes.

As for taking portraits, yes it does take some time. But right now I am supposed to be preparing for the spring, so I am finding all sorts of stuff to keep me distracted. With this dress it has been a lot of fun to try some different things. It is amazing how a single "inspiration" piece can bring out all sorts of different ideas. Plus it has been fun to dig through things that I have, try some of my different heels and accessories.

That being said, I have another batch of pictures with the dress. These are not as traditional - I was wanting to take some chances with different bottoms to see how it would work.

Picture 6 - The dress with a black tie belt and Aldo slides (bare legs).

Picture 7 - The dress with a black and white silk scarf, white trousers, and Naturalizer t-strap peep toes.

Picture 8 - The dress with a white men's balzer, black trousers, black fishnet pattern trouser socks, and black Michael Kors pumps.

Picture 9 - The dress with Limited boot cut jeans, Lane Bryant denim coat, and mustard Nine West peep toe sling backs.

Picture 10 - The dress with Limited skinny jeans, a denim belt with gold buckle, and black Nine West pumps.

Of course these are all experimental combination and the pictures help me see what can be taken from one look and added to another. Of course all of this is just a great deal of fun. I have some additional ideas that I may be posting in the near future!

Thanks for all the great comments and suggestions from the first batch and keep them coming...

post-5655-13352290051_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522900511_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522900513_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522900516_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522900519_thumb.jpg

Jeff B- I really like Outfit No. 1 - It looks like Middle Ages and futuristic at the same time, especially with the wide belt. It doesn't look feminine to me, but clean and modern. Middle ages because of the tights/leggings, and the sweater almost looks like chain mail. Outfit No. 2 begins to look feminine with the longer sweater. It's just not my look.

Thanks for the opinions, everyone! I appreciate the feedback on my experiment with sweaters and leggings! Regarding outfit #1, if I were say, four to five inches shorter than I am, I could make that sweater work, as it is, kneehighs is right when he said it displays more of my assets than I'd like. However, I like the style and think I could probably make that sweater work with a skirt. I'll keep that in mind for future consideration. As for outfit #2, I've come to really like that one and might take that out for a spin, to say the least, that would be plenty bold to do. By the by, kneehighs, I liked your suggestion about searching for something longer, I'll see what I can find in the stores. HappyFeat: Great pics there, my friend! Your fine sense of style really shined there! Bravo!

Happyfeat, Pictures 7 & 8 for me. They work really well, would prefer a shoeboot, but the overall look as excellent and rivals Kneehighs. IMHO, this is really what fashion is about - getting the whole look right. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

HappyFeat ... Once again you are the epitome of chic. You wear those clothes and high heels so well. The time you take to select your outfits and high heels is well worth the effort. I congratulate you again on your fashions.

HappyFeat :-)

Picture # 10: I like that look.

The shoes and skinny jeans are a perfect match.

And the dress is the final touch: Stunning !

I don't wear dresses but I am wondering If I could look as good as you wearing one :wave:

But not sure If I got the proper shape to wear one...:cry1:

Maybe with a very thight corset...:wave:

All very smart and sharp, clean lines to show you at your best. It looks as if your hands are v. tense! Relax and enjoy the moments, you look good enough to eat as it is. As for choices, mine would be the last one, but with something bright to "REALLY MAKE YOU STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD" as the white jacket is. Love those black patent heels. But thats my weakness. Muddypaws

HF: My vote's for pic #6! Very sharp! Very stylish! Bravo! I think you can make that dress work with a pair of boots and a long coat for a truly dressy look!

Wow… miss reading a thread for a couple of days and the whole world changes.

HappyFeat – There isn’t a bad look in the whole collection. The pictures that caught my eye were #1 - plain dress with hose and pumps is an absolute striking look. #10 - dress, belt, skinny jeans (leggings), pumps is a bit less daring but also striking. #7 - dress, white slacks, scarf, and pumps is a bit more conservative but the black and white contrast and the scarf accent are great. Did you consider trying the scarf as a belt or sash?

JeffB - … thud (sound of my chin hitting the ground). Both outfits are great but if I have to choose I like the second one the best. Do consider that thigh boots go very well with a shorter skirt (you would have been disappointed if I hadn’t said that).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Wow - some amazing contributions there.... Jeff B: I like both outfits but I think the purple sweater look is better. I loooove the boots (and I am not really a boot fan) but I like the fine stiletto heels and ruching of the leather. It is very coordinated. Have you thought about a shoulder bag - say black textured leather/ matt leather combination with some silver details in it to compliment the rest of the outfit. It will also add some practicality for carrying stuff? HappyFeat: #4 would be my favourite. I love the black pumps, you have chosen some high quality black stockings as well - I am guessing a very sheer denier and I love this high-class look. #2 - are those red peep toed pumps? Nice coordination with neutral stockings (I think stockings because I can see the welts you naughty chap). In both those two outfits you'll have to be careful when you sit down anywhere as you'll be showing half your stocking welts. #10 - I love these black pumps - a beautiful cut. #6 - are those toenails painted gold? Fantastic legs! You have lovely legs (as the image #6 shows) so why not show them off a little more. Have you thought of going bare legged more often (esp. since you have peep-toes and matching your toenails to something else, eg adding a red jacket, red handbag etc? I like your style - I dress along similar lines and I try to coordinate as much as I can. Well done JeffB and HappyFeat!!!! Heel-Lover

TBG: Of course I would've been disappointed if you HADN'T mentioned thigh boots! HA! In fact, you just gave me an idea that I might try in my next experiment. Heel-Lover: Thanks for the kind words! Glad you liked the boots, they're among my faves when it comes to footwear. As for a handbag, I carry one almost all the time now when on my jaunts.

My fav look is no. 10 as well. Very nice! I also like combo 7. Black tunic-dress, white dress pants and black shoes are a winner in my book. Personally, I'd add to the tunic-dress a bit since it's long. I'd go for a different scarf which would be more classic and long, beige-light gray. A thin leather black belt with a silver buckle would also be a consideration as well as a piece of jewellery such as a bracelet or a thin-long necklace that would add some color like amber for instance.

Happyfeat:-) What fantastic looks in your pics. They all look great on you. Very nice choice of clothing and shoes. Your pics show that you have put considerable thinking in putting your outfits together. Fantastic looking pair of legs, ones that any girl would die for. It is amazing just what a good pair of pantyhose and a great pair of heels can do to the looks for a set of legs, male or female. With the heads chopped off on your pics and showing them to strangers,, I'm sure that they would swear that that was a female in those shots. JeffB:-) You also are fantastic at picking great outfits to wear out in public. your experimentation shows and I'm sure that you are having great fun in doing so, and have pride in what you are accompishing. Looking at your shoes and boots and the way you wear them would not indicate to anyone that they are a size 14, only that you wear them as stylishly as any girl would in her every day life. Cudos to you both for taking such pride in the way you wish to look to the general public. You both are advancing our cause to the limit and then some. Keep your heads up high and keep heeling. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Pictures 7 & 8 for me. They work really well, would prefer a shoeboot, but the overall look as excellent and rivals Kneehighs.

I don't know about rivaling kneehighs, but I do thank you for the complement. I do credit kneehighs with the concept of wearing a dress as a top. He does so to perfection. As for the shoeboot, I do have a couple pair and if I do another round of photos, I will give it a look.

HF--I'd say look #10 is my favorite, but sans the hanging belt. People just don't wear belts like that anymore. Again, just my humble opinion.

It is a point well taken. I need to invest in some belts because I would like to add just a little flare to the look. I am thinking along the lines of the belt Jeff wore in his Leggings pictures.

It looks as if your hands are v. tense! Relax and enjoy the moments, you look good enough to eat as it is.

Actually, my hands were tense more so becuase my house is very cold and I find taking self-portraits to be a bit of a strange experience, though I do it a lot.

Wow… miss reading a thread for a couple of days and the whole world changes.

HappyFeat – There isn’t a bad look in the whole collection. The pictures that caught my eye were #1 - plain dress with hose and pumps is an absolute striking look. #10 - dress, belt, skinny jeans (leggings), pumps is a bit less daring but also striking. #7 - dress, white slacks, scarf, and pumps is a bit more conservative but the black and white contrast and the scarf accent are great. Did you consider trying the scarf as a belt or sash?

Actually, yes I did consider tying the scarf as a belt. I have done so in the past and really like the look. Glad you liked the contrast of the black and white - I liked that look a lot myself.

Wow - some amazing contributions there....

#4 would be my favourite. I love the black pumps, you have chosen some high quality black stockings as well - I am guessing a very sheer denier and I love this high-class look.

Yes, they both pair of nylons I wore were 15 denier. I bought them for the body shaping panty, but even though they are sheer the do a nice job shaping my legs as well. I bought them at Macy's and they are "HUE Cool Countours" http://www.hue.com/product.aspx?cid=2522&viewall=on

#2 - are those red peep toed pumps? Nice coordination with neutral stockings (I think stockings because I can see the welts you naughty chap).

Actually, they have a panty. It is just a very long panty and does give the illusion that they are stockings. I must admit, that I have never actually worn true stockings. Maybe something to think about in the future...

#6 - are those toenails painted gold? Fantastic legs!

Actually, in those pictures my nails are colored silver. Since then, I had a pedicure and am sporting a deep matalic green; however silver, gold, bronze are my favorite toe colors.

What fantastic looks in your pics. They all look great on you. Very nice choice of clothing and shoes. Your pics show that you have put considerable thinking in putting your outfits together. Fantastic looking pair of legs, ones that any girl would die for. It is amazing just what a good pair of pantyhose and a great pair of heels can do to the looks for a set of legs, male or female. With the heads chopped off on your pics and showing them to strangers,, I'm sure that they would swear that that was a female in those shots.

HAHAHA!

Happyfeat, tell that photographer to get a wider lens or to take a step back :blinkbigeyes:

Actually, the main reason I crop my head isn't that I am concerned about showing my face, it is that most of the time I have some stupid, deer in the headlights look on my face or my hair has gone crazy. It is just another variable that can screw up an otherwise decent body shot. I have great respect for the guys who post including their faces (JeffB, Max) and am jealous that they don't seem to have silly expressions. I have posted a few pictures with my face in the past...

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments. I do have another batch to post, though they are not nearly as exciting as the last few. I may get them up in the near future as well as get a shot in a pair of booties and using a scarf as a belt as requested.