Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Here is a few pics I took at work. Feelin a little frisky

Nice heels you got there mrhiheelz :-) May I ask you what type of work you are doing ?

I guess your co-workers and boss are very open minded. Congrats :winkiss:

...Yesterday I've received my latest purchase, a pair of "Pour la Victoire" brand letaher cognac knee high/otk boots....

Very nice boots indeed. I also like "riding style" boots but not OTK.

I got one pair which I like very much but they are not "real" riding boots like yours

(See picture below except mine are black). I hope you like your new boots as much as I like mine !

post-14338-13352288497_thumb.jpg

For those of you who have been following my posts and personal journey of gradually wearing in public all the fashion styles I like, know by now that high heel shoes/boots are only an accessory to a total look I'm interested in, a look regarded by society as feminine/crossdressing yet by me...a badass/confidence booster look.

I've always been a big boot fan. I ride horses and riding boots have always been fun to wear. A good quality riding boot worn over a pair of breeches does wonders to a womans look (one of the reasons I started riding many years ago). When I wear my breeches and boots (they are Cavallo boots, a high quality german brand) I always get a ton of compliments so I guess women like that look on men. Lucky for me, English style riding is considered a womans sport in Western Canada. Male riders are rare and guys think that only gay men ride, another stupid stereotype yet very beneficial for a guy like me who is surrounded by women with no competition.

However, the problem with good quality real leather riding boots is that they are designed for riding. They need to be stiff fo protection purposes as well as competitions where you are judged by your appearence. Dressage boots are by far the most elegant since that riding sport is all about elegance. Heaven forbid they'll slouch. So wearing real riding boots as fashion boots is very uncomfortable and makes you walk like a robot.

I've been looking for fashion riding boots for quite some time. Since I have enough black boots, I wanted a different color. I've always liked cognac colored boots.

Yesterday I've received my latest purchase, a pair of "Pour la Victoire" brand letaher cognac knee high/otk boots with a 1 inch heel. The boot type is "Malorie". Basically, they look like tall riding fashion boots, a very popular style with the ladies these days...and myself heheh. They also make very nice clicking sounds since the heel is made of wood.

I took them out for a test run today. I'm still quite self aware of my look when wearing tall boots over skinny jeans, flats or high heeled boots. It's simply one of those looks that scream for attention. With the boots I wore a pair of Levis blue skinny jeans, a striped dress shirt and a brown leather belt. I really liked how I looked and the boots were exactly what I was looking for.

First stop was Future shop (electronics store like Best Buy). I had to buy a few things and wondered around the store (which was pretty empty) for a good 20 minutes. I spoke to 2 young salesmen, a guy and a girl in their early 20's. The girl didn't seem to even notice the boots and pointed me to the right direction.

The guy however, although he didn't say anything specific with regard to my look, did seem to take special interest in me. He was very helpful and nice. He asked me if I had been to the store before. I told him that I've been there many times and he said that he never saw me. It seemed like he was one step away from asking for my phone number. Luckily, he didn't. :winkiss:

Before leaving the store I had to stop by at a counter to get a bag for my purchases. The girl there examined me while I walked towards her. She was very polite. Just before leaving she said "I like your boots". I thanked her and went on my way.

My next stop was Walmart. I spent about 15 minutes in there walking around yet didn't notice any stares or double takes. I left Walmart and drove to my local Safeway. 10 minutes, and a few stares later I was on my way home.

That concluded my first outing in my new boots, a regular outing for me.

This is how I looked like:

Max,

How can I get this boots like the ones you are wearing and what was the price?

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

For those of you who have been following my posts and personal journey of gradually wearing in public all the fashion styles I like, know by now that high heel shoes/boots are only an accessory to a total look I'm interested in, a look regarded by society as feminine/crossdressing yet by me...a badass/confidence booster look.

I've always been a big boot fan. I ride horses and riding boots have always been fun to wear. A good quality riding boot worn over a pair of breeches does wonders to a womans look (one of the reasons I started riding many years ago). When I wear my breeches and boots (they are Cavallo boots, a high quality german brand) I always get a ton of compliments so I guess women like that look on men. Lucky for me, English style riding is considered a womans sport in Western Canada. Male riders are rare and guys think that only gay men ride, another stupid stereotype yet very beneficial for a guy like me who is surrounded by women with no competition.

However, the problem with good quality real leather riding boots is that they are designed for riding. They need to be stiff fo protection purposes as well as competitions where you are judged by your appearence. Dressage boots are by far the most elegant since that riding sport is all about elegance. Heaven forbid they'll slouch. So wearing real riding boots as fashion boots is very uncomfortable and makes you walk like a robot.

I've been looking for fashion riding boots for quite some time. Since I have enough black boots, I wanted a different color. I've always liked cognac colored boots.

Yesterday I've received my latest purchase, a pair of "Pour la Victoire" brand letaher cognac knee high/otk boots with a 1 inch heel. The boot type is "Malorie". Basically, they look like tall riding fashion boots, a very popular style with the ladies these days...and myself heheh. They also make very nice clicking sounds since the heel is made of wood.

I took them out for a test run today. I'm still quite self aware of my look when wearing tall boots over skinny jeans, flats or high heeled boots. It's simply one of those looks that scream for attention. With the boots I wore a pair of Levis blue skinny jeans, a striped dress shirt and a brown leather belt. I really liked how I looked and the boots were exactly what I was looking for.

First stop was Future shop (electronics store like Best Buy). I had to buy a few things and wondered around the store (which was pretty empty) for a good 20 minutes. I spoke to 2 young salesmen, a guy and a girl in their early 20's. The girl didn't seem to even notice the boots and pointed me to the right direction.

The guy however, although he didn't say anything specific with regard to my look, did seem to take special interest in me. He was very helpful and nice. He asked me if I had been to the store before. I told him that I've been there many times and he said that he never saw me. It seemed like he was one step away from asking for my phone number. Luckily, he didn't. :winkiss:

Before leaving the store I had to stop by at a counter to get a bag for my purchases. The girl there examined me while I walked towards her. She was very polite. Just before leaving she said "I like your boots". I thanked her and went on my way.

My next stop was Walmart. I spent about 15 minutes in there walking around yet didn't notice any stares or double takes. I left Walmart and drove to my local Safeway. 10 minutes, and a few stares later I was on my way home.

That concluded my first outing in my new boots, a regular outing for me.

This is how I looked like:

Max, how can I get the boots?

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Run a search on Ebay/Google/Shopstyle for: "Pour La Victoire Malorie boots" I got mine on Ebay for almost 200 usd. These boots were a smash hit this season and are hard to find now. The largest size I've seen for these boots is a womans size 10. These boots come in black, cognac and grey color.

hi,i bought these knee-high brown boots on ebay,no zip ,heel 4"...i love them...i wore the same outfit on the street last night...it was very very funny:w00t2:...what do you think?

post-6045-133522885121_thumb.jpg

post-6045-13352288513_thumb.jpg

post-6045-133522885137_thumb.jpg

post-6045-133522885144_thumb.jpg

What was so "very, very funny" about the experience? The laughter at your look from others or the feeling you had while wearing them?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Here is an update of my outings during the last few days:

On Thursday, my agenda was a trip to the movieplex with my brother. My brother is fully aware of my style and doesn’t even notice it anymore or at least he pretends not to notice. He doesn’t care, that’s what matters.

I was in a bold mood. The outfit of choice was highly noticeable, not much the outfit but more the boots I wore:

- Alfani black leather jacket

- Nygard Brown turtleneck sweater

- Tan colored belt

- Blue skinny jeans

- Vicini OTK brown boots with 3 inch heel.

As with previous outings in these boots, I got a LOT of impersonal attention. These boots would be big attention grabbers if worn by a woman so imagine what they do when a guy wears them. It was a beautiful sunny day and there was no way in hell I could hide my footwear. I didn’t want to either.

Staring at me began when walking from my car to the movieplex. When I got to the ticket purchase line, there weren’t that many people but I did wait 5 minutes in line because of lengthy conversations with the tickets person. Standing in line is usually THE place to get noticed, especially if you wear stiletto heel OTK boots which were completely visible.

The reactions though were predictable and quite funny for me. My fav reaction is when someone notices it and fights a losing battle to try not to laugh/smile and dare not look at my direction to try and not offend me (you’d figure they’d understand that a guy who has the balls to go out in such an outfit wouldn’t be phased by childish giggles). To me it’s funny because I know exactly why they are laughing and I myself try not to laugh. It happened to this teen girl in front of the line. She was smiling and trying to compose herself. Her girlfriend though didn’t seem to even notice yet I’m sure she did as well as the other 20 people in line.

Most though seemed to look and then pretend that nothing is out of the ordinary, no grins, smiles or eye contact. A group of kids who were about to walk out of the movieplex were smiling to themselves while checking me out. They all try to turn away when I stare at them with a smile.

I counted 4 double takes, one very noticeable one while leaving the movieplex and walking back to my car. I passed a guy in his late 20s/early 30’s who didn’t seem to notice me when I passed him. However, I decided to look back and there he was, looking at me and smiling. I smiled back and continued to my car.

I got no attention in the theatre itself since it was dark because the movie started just as I walking in. Try grabbing a seat when it’s dark and walking in heels.

Before going to the movie, I thought about going to a restaurant after that but changed my mind since I wanted to try and cook a dish that I’ve eaten in Japan.

All in all, it was a good outing with predictable reactions of people to such a high profile style.

post-6918-13352288525_thumb.jpg

post-6918-133522885253_thumb.jpg

post-6918-133522885256_thumb.jpg

On Friday, I went to a local mall as well as the supermarket. The outfit of choice was:

- Brown pleather jacket

- Striped dress shirt

- Tan leather belt

- Tommy Hilfiger white skinny jeans

- Pour la Victoire cognac leather otk riding boots with 1 inch heel.

I basically looked like a polo player going to the mall after the game.

I’ve spent a good 2 hours at the mall, walking around with hardly any reactions. Of course there were stares but people stare at you all the time no matter what you’re wearing.

The most obvious reaction happened when I entered a clothes store and asked about a leather jacket. The 2 salespeople, a young man and young woman clearly noticed my outfit. They didn’t laugh but had that pre-laugh/grin on their face and were quiet when I was browsing the store (they were talking when I just came in). Since I was the only customer at the time, I’m sure they took interest in me. They were polite and friendly when I asked a question though.

They weren’t the only people I asked questions. I was trying on jackets/coats in the women’s dept. of The Bay as well as Sears. Many women passed by and were browsing right next to me while I was standing in front of the mirror trying various jackets that would look good with my outfit. The mirror was right next to the main strolling area of the stores so MANY people saw me. I asked the saleswomen if there were other sizes for jackets that I liked and they were completely professional with no sign whatsoever of amusement or discomfort.

With regard to the supermarket there is hardly anything to mention since there were no unusual encounters. It’s a huge outlet supermarket with many people coming and going. I’ve been there while wearing heels/skirts/tall boots over skinny jeans many times and never had any problems.

All in all, another uneventful day in freestyle wear. Then again, most days are.

post-6918-133522885258_thumb.jpg

post-6918-133522885261_thumb.jpg

post-6918-133522885265_thumb.jpg

post-6918-133522885267_thumb.jpg

post-6918-133522885271_thumb.jpg

Wonderful, well coordinated outfits! I particularly liked the jacket you wore on your Friday outing, especially how well it matched your boots.

Your postings included two very insightful comments that I have noticed while out in my own frequent freestyle excursions:

...My fav reaction is when someone notices it and fights a losing battle to try not to laugh/smile and dare not look at my direction to try and not offend me (you’d figure they’d understand that a guy who has the balls to go out in such an outfit wouldn’t be phased by childish giggles)....

I too have wondered this. Why do I care if somebody laughs at me? For crying out loud I have the guts to do my own thing and not give into pressure to conform.

All in all, another uneventful day in freestyle wear. Then again, most days are.

This observation is the bottom line about the whole freestyling experience summed u quite nicely. If nobody reacts much or cares how anybody dresses, isn't that what acceptance is?

However, you looked fantastic in the pictures. When I go out I think I look pretty good myself. So, with any fashion statement, regardless of which department our garments come from, it is nice to be noticed.

Great posts Max!

Style is built from the ground up!

oh, rest assure I know exactly what you all are saying, I've noticed these kind of, shall we say-"confused" emotions when I'm seen in any of my boots/footwear, like any of us in here could CARE how they feel when they see somthing that they cant quite "come to grips" with!!!:silly::winkiss: to me (& I'm quite sure with all the rest of you in here its really quite amusing to US to see these reactions)

Yo, Max! Brilliant pics! I certainly love your fine sense of style, especially with those boots you sported! Bravo to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Max – I echo Jeff’s comments and those are great looking boots. Remember it is contrast that attracts the eye. I suspect the white slacks are what caught folks eye. Something a little darker would blend a little more. But you now have an attention rheostat you can easily turn up or down.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Very nice outfit Maximilian (as usual...)

Did you ever considered starting your own thread ?

I have. The problem is that I'm out of town most of the time for work and there would be no regular updates to my thread. Therfore I only add my outing experiences to this thread when I'm in town and am out and about freestyling.

Max, Excellent look - all about fashion and nothing to do with heels. Nice dip into the female side whilst making it distinctly masculine. Kneehighs would be right with you on this look. I'm sure I have seen him post a pic of similar attire but in darker colours. I like the white/tan combo it is very striking and not somber. Good job - you should try it on hotornot. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Max! Hats off to you AGAIN for some well-done pictures, and as always, awesome style! Perhaps if not your own thread in the main forum, you might start up your own blog, as shown on the tabs at the top. Just my $.02 plus tax. :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went online shopping tonight. Outfit planned: LA Made Maya Scarf Dress in Heather Gray purchased from Revolve Clothing Check out the scarf detail! Will wear untucked...couple with --a black women's blazer, which gives a slim fit so critical to wearing heels, with the sleeves rolled up --and some straight leg jeans/pants or skinny jeans and heels, and you will have a killer outfit. --and my signature cologne.... What I like best about this top is it's seasonal versatility. I will be able to wear it Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall. As well, I can dress it up with black pants or dress it down with jeans. I'll bet once I show girls the back of this, they'll want to do on the spot top trades yet again.

post-486-133522888231_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522888234_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522888236_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522888238_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

While online shopping, I almost ordered this top from Miss Me Couture Tuxedo Shirt in Off White I'm still debating purchasing this, as I feel something could go wrong with the fit around the waist when I tuck it in. It could bunch up around the back of my waist. The A line cut would have to be tailored and right now, I just don't feel I have time to take it to my custom tailor, but you never know. The thing that most appeals to me about this top is the appearance of a double collar. Black bow tie and white collar! Contrast at the top is also good for contrast at the bottom (think pumps without socks). Worn with a blazer and black pants, this look would work well. Dang, I'm selling myself on this as I type right now.

post-486-133522888239_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522888241_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522888245_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

While online shopping, I almost ordered this top from

Miss Me Couture Tuxedo Shirt in Off White

I'm still debating purchasing this, as I feel something could go wrong with the fit around the waist when I tuck it in. It could bunch up around the back of my waist. The A line cut would have to be tailored and right now, I just don't feel I have time to take it to my custom tailor, but you never know.

The thing that most appeals to me about this top is the appearance of a double collar. Black bow tie and white collar! Contrast at the top is also good for contrast at the bottom (think pumps without socks). Worn with a blazer and black pants, this look would work well. Dang, I'm selling myself on this as I type right now.

I think I remember my girls had matching outfits with tops that looked similar that when they were 7 and 5 (I remember the collar was layered like this one except long sleeves). They wore them with black and white checked skirts (or was it white and black checks?). One wore white mary janes and the other wore black mary janes. I think they were "spring" church outfits. Not heavy enough for winter and to heavy for summer.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Went online shopping tonight. Outfit planned:

LA Made Maya Scarf Dress in Heather Gray purchased from Revolve Clothing

Check out the scarf detail! Will wear untucked...couple with

--a black women's blazer, which gives a slim fit so critical to wearing heels, with the sleeves rolled up

--and some straight leg jeans/pants or skinny jeans and heels, and you will have a killer outfit.

--and my signature cologne....

What I like best about this top is it's seasonal versatility. I will be able to wear it Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall. As well, I can dress it up with black pants or dress it down with jeans.

I'll bet once I show girls the back of this, they'll want to do on the spot top trades yet again.

I agree that that is one hot dress. it will definitely make for some good outfit choices. And it definitely has versatility in a wardrobe.

Hi all found this picture while surfing flickr recently.http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/donnawanna1000/2721158143_e0b058316d_o.jpg The person who posted this pic was freaked about a guy wearing heels.Guess some people dont like to see a guy wearing heels. ;)

I guess some people have nothing better to do than to highlight and probably put down any and all people who're different than they are.

Please tell me there aren't still people out there who're that insecure?

Nah, couldn't be! ;)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Donna. The next time I'm out heeling I'll be sure to be on the lookout for others taking my picture and will instead take theirs and post their disbelieving faces all over the Internet for the entire world to see.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Kneehighs, I really like the dresses you posted, especially the one in heather. I have done a little experimenting with wearing a dress as a top and do like the look a lot. Though in my experimentation, I have played with accessories, maybe more than I should, dresses do make a wonderful option for a more bold fashion statement and do quite will with the right bottoms and jacket. Thanks for the ideas!

Style is built from the ground up!