Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Today marked my first outing in heels since early April, and, as is my custom, I ventured to the largest mall in the area, crowded on a Saturday for my little expedition. My outfit consisted of a black leather jacket over a black turtleneck, jeans and the Payless "Tara" boots. Much to my surprise, the 3 1/2 heels were relatively silent on both tile floors and the street, nonetheless, the boots felt good and were quite comfortable, even after five hours and a goodly amount of walking. And, of course, virtually no one noticed a damn thing, even though passersby could clearly see I was wearing thin heels. All in all, it was quite a satisfying outing. As for the "Tara" boots, if you can find them in your size at your local Payless, by all means, treat yourself to a pair. They're definitely worth it!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/JeffCB2006/jeansandtaraboots-2.jpg?t=1192317905

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jeff, you're back in the saddle again. Must feel good and we are all here in 100% full support. Glad your outing was so much fun and a good one. The Boots look great and the outfit incredible as always. When you look good and are confident there ain't much that can go wrong, david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Way to go, JeffB! That outfit looks so natural on you, no wonder you have no problem going out and about in your heels. Glad you could find those boots in your size :-) Keep on smilin'!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It certainly felt good to go out and about again. The amazing part of it all was that I wasn't at all nervous, even though I hadn't been out in six months, I just got out of the car and strolled into the mall like I owned the place. It's a pity I don't have more time to go out other than on weekends, but I mean to enjoy my outings. More adventures to come....

As promised, a new adventure, albeit a short one since it was a Sunday and I had to get back to the house to watch my Eagles in action against the Jets. Anyhoo, I went on an outing downtown, sporting my black leather jacket over a blue turtleneck, navy dress pants, suntan pantyhose and the navy RSVP pumps. Just like at the mall on Saturday, I didn't garner anything in the way of attention in the almost two hours I was out, including a leisurably stroll through a major chain bookstore and a mall area for lunch. At the risk of sounding full of myself, I thought I looked pretty damn good! All in all, this outing was even more enjoyable than Saturday's because I was wearing pumps, my favorite women's shoe style, and I always feel great when I'm in them. And now, the pics. Enjoy!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/JeffCB2006/navyoutfit-1.jpg?t=1192387298

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/JeffCB2006/navyoutfit-3.jpg?t=1192387346

Today marked my first outing in heels since early April, and, as is my custom, I ventured to the largest mall in the area, crowded on a Saturday for my little expedition. My outfit consisted of a black leather jacket over a black turtleneck, jeans and the Payless "Tara" boots. Much to my surprise, the 3 1/2 heels were relatively silent on both tile floors and the street, nonetheless, the boots felt good and were quite comfortable, even after five hours and a goodly amount of walking. And, of course, virtually no one noticed a damn thing, even though passersby could clearly see I was wearing thin heels. All in all, it was quite a satisfying outing. As for the "Tara" boots, if you can find them in your size at your local Payless, by all means, treat yourself to a pair. They're definitely worth it!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/JeffCB2006/jeansandtaraboots-2.jpg?t=1192317905

Nice outfit Jeff! :smile:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

really a very nice look. Everything in sync, well coordinated and natural looking. No wonder your heels didn't attract any attention. However, I am very surprised your good looks didn't "catch the eye" of some good looking women. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

really a very nice look. Everything in sync, well coordinated and natural looking. No wonder your heels didn't attract any attention. However, I am very surprised your good looks didn't "catch the eye" of some good looking women. :smile:

Heh! I'm surprised too!

Usually I hate blue-on-blue-on-black, but something about that outfit just makes it exceptional to my "rule."

Glad to hear you were willing to set aside your rule after seeing my outfit. Funny thing is, I wasn't much of a fan of navy once, but it's since grown on me, and I think I look sharp in that color.

I know this has nothing to do with the look and style of clothes you are talking about, but I always liked an all black western outfit - shirt, jeans, boots, and hat (for dancing). However, I have found my last three dance partners prefer blue and black - usually black shirt and boots with dark blue jeans. The girls seem to think that looks better.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share my latest outing and what I wore, though today's seems eerily similar to one I posted before. I went on a business trip the last couple of days and it took me through Columbus, Ohio. I was so excited to be out that I forgot to feed the parking meter, which cost me $20, but oh well. I spent a couple of hours browsing art galleries and had a couple of great conversations with curators, then I went to a high end shopping area and browsed some more. Since I have been pretty broke, I didn't dare go near a shoe store...LOL After about 3 hours of walking, I grabbed a light dinner and headed home. In nobody seemed to notice or if they did, they didn't say anything. Pretty uneventful, but I felt so good to be out in heels again. Today's outfit: Clayborn navy blue velvet sports coat (Macy's $39) Eighth Avenue French Cuff Cotton Shirt (Macy's $12) Calvin Klien Straight Leg , Loose Fit Jeans (Value City $20) Bandolino 2 1/2 inch pointy toe pumps (had them too long to remember where they came from - Marshall's maybe...)

post-5655-133522848138_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

To be honest, I don't think your slim shoes go very well with the loose outfit and your silhouette. I would say the same if you were slim and wore bulky shoes with a well-fitted outfit. It's all about proportions between all parts of your look. Chunky heels with round or square toes would be better, but again: that's just my opinion.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

HappyFeat: That's a nice, casual outfit you sported in that picture, something like that you could wear anywhere and fit in nicely. However, the loose fit jeans didn't do anything for me, I would've opted for a slimmer, bootcut style which would've made for a trim, cleaner silhloutte. But that's just my opinion, in the end, you have to dress to suit yourself, not the rest of the world.

Sorry, but I have to agree to my preposters. Happyfeat, you have not the build for wearing pointy feminine pumps. In your place I would try tighter jeans, pumps with a more rounded toebox and higher heels. I'm a big leptosome guy with very long legs. I should wear your 2.5'' shoes and you my 4'' cowgirl boots with broader stacked heels :smile: Not everybody has the perfect body build for wearing all fashionable girls styles like Kneehighs. Neither you nor me ... I'm a giant on 4'' heels. micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I believe the problem stems from his overall physical appearance. i.e: height and stature. The outfit he is wearing looks "baggy and disarray(ed.?)" Perhaps he should try a nice pair of fitted dress slacks, a starched dress shirt and taylored sport jacket. And, I agree his overall look would improve if he wore boots (black or brown) or leisure shoes (Loafers) with rounded toes and 3" to 4" block heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I decided to do as the girls do today and wear my boots outside of my jeans in public. [ATTACH]652[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]653[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]654[/ATTACH] Black Top - Urban Spirit Jeans - Moto Boots - Airwalk @ Payless Black Pashmina Scarf - H&M Jacket (not pictured) - New Look On the most part, people were oblivious to what I was wearing but I did make some heads turn which was fun. None of the reactions I'd say were negative (most were side glances) and I'm actually wondering if people's thoughts of my outfit were good ones. After all, average guys don't generally dress like this. I was trying on some cool 4" heeled vintage boots in a local charity shop and the store assistant apprently gave my girlfriend the thumbs up - which I didn't see because I was too busy trying the boots on (they didn't fit well unfortunately). Ha!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Here in Brazil this kind of flat boots are the latest fashion for... well, for girls. They don't even have a heel!!! Well, that's life... girls are also wearing what they call "horsemen boots". The other day someone stated that a guy wearing them is gay. You can imagine what a "macho culture" does in my country.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Hi.

I decided to do as the girls do today and wear my boots outside of my jeans in public.

[ATTACH]652[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]653[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]654[/ATTACH]

Black Top - Urban Spirit

Jeans - Moto

Boots - Airwalk @ Payless

Black Pashmina Scarf - H&M

Jacket (not pictured) - New Look

On the most part, people were oblivious to what I was wearing but I did make some heads turn which was fun. None of the reactions I'd say were negative (most were side glances) and I'm actually wondering if people's thoughts of my outfit were good ones. After all, average guys don't generally dress like this. I was trying on some cool 4" heeled vintage boots in a local charity shop and the store assistant apprently gave my girlfriend the thumbs up - which I didn't see because I was too busy trying the boots on (they didn't fit well unfortunately). Ha!

Hi HeelD,

this is also a cool style for guys!

I like wearing knee high boots over drain pipe stretch jeans. Just as the girls are doing. At least some of them.

Last saturday I saw a blond girl waiting at the zebra stripe with black high heeled boots over dark grey skinny jeans. Me waiting at the same place on cowgirl boots under flared jeans. I dared a shy glimpse to the left side but she didn't react. I am convinced that she was as unsure as me. When the red light switched to green I hesitated a little moment. That was unfair. I wanted to walk behind her - even as a gay guy!

She did her job quite well. Finally she disappeared in my supermarket where I had just done my daily purchases. To be honest - I was pondering about doing some useless purchases again ....

The best fashion is your own fashion!

It's been awhile since I've participated. So here is an outfit you will likely find me wearing in London. My style has become slightly more androgynous since I began this thread, but I still maintain a distinction between man/woman in person. Marc by Marc Jacobs Georgette Silk Twill Top layered over victorian vintage shirt Inc. skinny pants Stuart Weitzman pumps Please pardon the temporary appearance of my apartment while it's undergoing renovations.

post-486-133522848459_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522848463_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522848467_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I was WONDERING what on earth that third picture was. I saw the fabric, but I was like........ummmm.........what IS that?

He, it's a close up of the forearm and wrist section of my black shirt. It shows the texture and design of the shirt I am wearing beneath the creme colored top. The bow tie in case anyone is wondering, actually came with the top.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.