Running in Heels

Latextex

Do you run in high heel?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you run in high heel?

I have searched the topics and forums and have not seen this discussed.

Can you or do you run in high heels? I'm not talking stilettos, which is probably a quick invitation to the emergency room, but in 3" or 4" or higher heels of any style.

I have a pair of 4" wedge sneaker boots the same as pictured in my icon, (only I've painted over the pink accents with black heel coating, and changed the laces from pink to black). In these heels I can run a mile in 6.5 minutes.

My form is not much to look at, (it looks more like a lope than a running stride, but I can easily take 5' stides and run almost as easily as in flat shoes. Going down hill is a bit harder, so I try to find even surface.

Interestingly, the footprint of the high heel sneaker is almost the same as the foot print of my bare foot - same lenght, but slightly more narrow heel.

Anyway, does anyone else have experience or tales to tell about running.

I know about the Washington DC Halloween drag queen high heel race, and I know some of those guys can do a couple of hundred yards in stilettos, and I'm also wondering if anyone runs in real heels, rather than sneaker style heels?

Posted Image

I have searced the topics and forums and have not seen this discussed.

Can you or do you run in high heels? I'm not talking stilettos, which is probably a quick invitation to the emergency room, but in 3" or 4" or higher hees.

I have a pair of 4" wedge sneaker boots the same as pictured in my icon, (only I've painted over the pink accents with black heel coating, and changed the laces from pink to black). In these heels I can run a mile in 6.5 minutes.

The form is not much to look at, (it looks more like a lope than a running stride, but I can easily take 5' stides and run almost as easily as in flat shoes. Going down hill is a bit harder, so I try to find even surface.

Interestingly, the footprint of the high heel sneaker is almost the same as the foot print of my bare foot - same lenght, but slightly more narrow heel.

Anyway, does anyone else have experience or tales to tell about running.

I know about the Washington DC Halloween drag queen high heel race, and I know some of those guys can do a couple of hundred yards in stilettos, and I'm also wondering if anyone runs in real heels, rather than sneaker syle heels?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4/latextex/IMG_0022.jpg

Tex

Hey Tex, some of those guys can go a lot faster than you think. Almost every year they end up sticking 1 or 2 of em in an abulance and rushing em over to the hospital. Skint up knees and torn dresses are the dress code for that race, and while you don't have to be crazy to run in it, most are. Heels are for WALKING not running. I've only seen one gal run in heels and how she did it on those San Francisco hills I still ain't figured out. Running in heels is almost guaranteed to get you in touch with some type of physician and/or shrink.

Guy N. Heels

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I have an avi file that I downloaded sometime ago of a Lizzie McGuire episode which featured the girls running down the hallways in their high heeled platform sandals. Illustrative of at least one proper technique. Hillary Duff wears high heels, and moves in them, quite naturally--as if she was born in them. I copy her way of walking all the time. It is not, actually, a Lizzie Mcguire episode at all, but the Lindsay Lohan movie, "Mean Girls". Sorry bout that.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I find that this is pretty easy to do in a broader style heel. You have to almost run with your ankles, barely depending on your knees and trying your best not to turn at the hips. I can't run in heels the same way I ran suicides at basketball practice. Most girls I know that are athletes can also run in heels. Even they've noted that it takes a slightly different running style to do it without breaking a heel, an ankle, or a shin...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

It depends on the size and type of heel as to how fast I can run. A 4 inch heel that is a stiletto does slow down the pace but a 4 inch block heel I can get a pretty good pace. It also has a lot to do with how comfortable you are walking in heels. Someone like JeffB who is in heels all the time I could imagine could runn quite well in heels. I am not in heels 100% of the time but I have been heeling for at least 30 years, so I find it easy.

I can say that I can run in high heels. Ask the spotty little so and so that was hurling abuse at me for wearing them :D He was surprised when I managed to catch him and I was wearing 4" heels as well. I do find that the thicker style heels are more suited to running than stilettos which have little or no grip of the floor, but then you tend to run on the ball of your foot anyway.

For short distances and on regular floor, I can run wearing 5" stilettos. It all depends on the floor and quality of the shoes - a low quality 4" heeled pump may be harder to run than a good quality 5" stiletto sandal. DeSalto

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

I seldom run in heels as I nearly always wear them with a long straight skirt, which discourages you from running anyway. In the fifties when I was at school, I used to watch the older girls running for the Bus in their straight skirts and high heels. They used a delightful hopping, skipping trot when they were in a hurry, but having tried it myself I must say that its very risky and tricky to do. If you stumble in the heels the hemline of skirt catches around your legs and trips you up. I never run in a skirt and heels unless I really have too.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Zero !--where are you?

If there are any other members in Amsterdam, then maybe they could win 10,000 Euro's in Glamours Stiletto Race, if its not against the rules for a man to enter the race.

http://www.glamour.nl/stilettorun/

Here is the link as provided Dego on the Fashion Spot:

http://www.glamour.nl:16080/stilettorun/images/stilettorun_commercial.swf

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.