New on hhplace

Hi, The last weeks i have been visiting the forum quite often but waited a bit before registering. I've had a love for high heels for a long time. It needed a bit of convincing before my wife started wearing high heels. Starting with 2" the collection now includes 5" pumps. But she still doesn't leave the house with anything more than 3" heels. Meanwhile i gradually noticed that my love for high heels didn't end with seeing someone in heels. I wanted to wear them myself. But knowing what is going on is really different than confessing this to my wife. Finally this week i went for it and told her. I had the luck she didn't give me a hard time, and took some time to understand my feelings. So the next steps is buying some boots with heels for my. I'm certainly not the only one going through this all, and thats the reason why i joined the forum. ***ASL=39,M,Belgium*** BeHeels

--- Going up, up ... ---

BeHeels, welcome aboard! I have an history like yours but at the time I told my wife we were just engaged. Another thing is that I used to wear heels before I met her. Looks that you never weared high heels before. Today we go for shoe shopping toghether, she gives me a lot of support, the only thing I agree with her is that I don't need to go to the street in heels yet because of society. At home it's completely ok. Wearing heels is an experience you'll never forget, only you can know what I'm talking about when you try. Good luck!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Hi, Beheels, This is what we are here for. Glad you have found us. We hope to help your explore you interest in heels as much as you wish. There are some other Belgian heelers around here, but we havn't heard a lot form them lately. Enjoy, Xa

There are some other Belgian heelers around here, but we havn't heard a lot form them lately.

I've read that some other Belgian Heelers have been posting.

Maybe they'll wake up with another 'local' heeler joining the group :D

Shopping will be somewhat difficult in Belgium. As heels are considered 'women only' the available sizes are mostly limited to EUR36 to EUR41.

And i'm currently wearing EUR42 or 43 (that's a UK8 or 9 i think) so :wink: .

The only heels i found in lager sizes are more the fetish type shoes, and that's not what i was planning to wear.

So in the end i think my only change of finding something suitable will be with online shopping.

Major problem for me as a novice heeler is that international sizing remain a dark mystery untill now.

As a result i have the feeling that any online buy will end up as a gamble.

Maybe someone here can help me along with this matter.

BeHeels

--- Going up, up ... ---

Shopping will be somewhat difficult in Belgium. As heels are considered 'women only' the available sizes are mostly limited to EUR36 to EUR41.

And i'm currently wearing EUR42 or 43 (that's a UK8 or 9 i think) so :D .

The only heels i found in lager sizes are more the fetish type shoes, and that's not what i was planning to wear.

BeHeels

Yes, EUR42 is about UK size 8.25. EUR43 is UK size 9.

American sizes for women are UK sizes plus 2.

American sizes for men are the same as UK sizes (work that one out !)

In ordinary UK shops, women's sizes stop at UK8 or Euro 42. I would think that you would be able to buy shoes with wider toes in UK8 without too many problems, but if you want pointed toes it might be better to buy UK9.

Hope this helps

Xa

You will find sizes up to 42 at the Bretano stores.

I assume you are refering to 'Brantano'.

And as company has its head office in Belgium it is rather difficult to miss their shops. But i wouldn't classify Brantano as selling high heels. The best you can find around here is a 2.5" heel.

Yes, EUR42 is about UK size 8.25. EUR43 is UK size 9.

American sizes for women are UK sizes plus 2.

American sizes for men are the same as UK sizes (work that one out !)

In ordinary UK shops, women's sizes stop at UK8 or Euro 42. I would think that you would be able to buy shoes with wider toes in UK8 without too many problems, but if you want pointed toes it might be better to buy UK9.

Thanks for the advice XA.

Now at least now i can search Ebay for any matching heels.

Pictures will be there as soon as possible, maybe a small apetiser:

I wouldn't mind if i found these under the christmas tree :D

BeHeels

post-2262-13352285545_thumb.jpg

--- Going up, up ... ---

Beheels:-) That's some appetizer that you pictured for us. I think that there would be a lot of us here that would really like to have those boots appear under our Christmas trees this year. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!