The High Heel Diet?

ShockQueen

I know this sounds kinda odd, but I think I've been losing weight due to wearing heels! Why? You ask? Well...in the past 3 weeks of heavy heel wearing, along with not taking elevators so much, I've dropped 12 pounds! YAYYY!!! That is an accomplishment! I think part of the secret is that you work at walking more when you're in heels since there is a bit more effort required (even if it's subconscious). I think it's great, and I'll let you all know if it continues!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Yep, that would mean an immediate breaktrough... But for me it doesn't work at least. With or without heels, always the same. Without changing my eating habits I didn't even loose a gram after excercising heavily (3-4/week, 90 minutes) for half a year. But on the other hand, I'm loosing weight now (by eating differently and less, and excercising but that doesn't make any difference anyway) to create a look that goes better with heels. It motivates well :smile:

What's all the fuss about?

Changing what you eat does make a difference. Or rather, how you eat it. I still make great tasting food, but I am finding ways to keep it healthier. This has turned my walking into something productive for my body. Heels can be flauted as a miracle diet, sure, and maybe it will change some trends, but like most "diets" they don't work for everyone.

On 2002-05-23 23:31, terayon wrote:

bert...unless you were doing purely cardio workout, the reason you werent loosing weight may have been because you lost fat, but gained muscle in its place...and muscle does weigh more than fat

It just takes up less space; so, did you lose any INCHES or CENTIMETERS?

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

If only High heels made you lose weight, I've been put on a diet by my doctor due to high blood pressure and it's hard work. It would be easier to just wear high heels and tell my wife it's for the good of my health!!

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I have been wearing me heels more and more. I don't think if it helps me loose weight but if you are trying to loos weight and you ARE wearing heels, probily you will loos it faster because the efford is higher. And if you are wearing heels you thighen other muscels also.