She didn't believe me!

Dr. Shoe

I went into next to order a pair of boots as they didn't have them in my size. The lady behind the counter said: "If they don't fit, she can always bring them back." I said: "Actually they're for me!" She thought I was joking and the more I tried to convince her otherwise the more she laughed!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I went into next to order a pair of boots.

Dont suppose they were the 940-550-X36 "Black sexy stud boots" by any any chance?, I ordered those, sadly they went back as they were not comfortable at all on me.

Did the salesperson appear to be laughing approvingly or was she laughing becuase she was embarrassed I wonder.

I also prefer the honest approach myself, once upon a time I would fib & say they were for GF/wife, Im sure no-one really believes that, I do wait for a 20's + female assistant if possible though, I always feel more relaxed buying heels from a female.

Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Hi guys, Thought I'd share this little ditty with you, it goes as follows:- I was on the way back from a business meeting and didn't fancy rushing back to the office to carry on with my work, so i decided to stop of at a retail outlet mall to see the offerings from the shoe stores. I saw all the stores of which there was 3, the first 2 were the usual cheap low heels with nothing over 3 inch at all, which is obviously no good to me! The third however was a typical cheap shoe shop with the usual run of lows and relativley high heels (4' tops) in boots and shoes. There was a husband and wife running the store with a young lady helping out too (Probably early 20's). I waited until the young lady was free to serve me as i hovered aorund the ladies boots section of the store. I asked if she had a pair in size 7uk, which she obviously thought i just meant a size 7uk for my g'f!! When she produced said boots, she was amazed to see me unzip the full length of the knee boot and slip my shoe off and my foot into the knee boot with comparative ease! I commented that they were very comfortable and the shaft of the boot felt very snug around my leg. I slipped the other boot on and proceeded to walk to the other side of the store with obvious ease to see myself in the mirror and check to see if the style would go with my jeans! At this point the owners were summond over to the boot section by the lovely young girl, saying " Hey, have you seen this?" !!!! To my astonishment, the lady said "Oooh I've never seen a guy in heels before!!"......I was becoming slightly nervous at this stage as i walked back over to them only to reply "I need some heels for a fancy dress outfit at xmas!"......to which they all smiled and then proceeded to get ALL the pairs of boots out in my size for me to try on!!!! As not to disapoint them, i did try a few more pairs on but not actually buying any..... I was strangley perturbed by my own comments afterwards that I didn't just say to them all that I actually wear heels daily !!! Maybe next time!!!! LOL Ruud

hi heels

My experience has been that about 75% of all shoe sales"men" are women, and that of those, more than 2/3 don't bat an eye when you tell them you'd like to try on this or that shoe. Then again, I don't normally buy strictly feminine shoes, but rather, heels that look more designed for a man than a woman.

Firstly, I was wearing my work boots so I couldn't show her heels and also I said it after a short pause with a smile as if I was joking. They weren't the stud boots rather the knee length suede and leather pull ons with a 4.5" heel and .5" platform.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

LOL! Three days ago I stopped by a store where heeled boots are commonly sold, asking for my size, and the lady said "we don't carry them in that size - who're they for?" I replied, "me!," but she also laughed. When I pulled up my pants leg, showing her my heeled boot (4"), she gasped, then answered truthfully that they never carried anything that large. The rest ofthe visit (about 3 minutes) was spent in my showing them that I could indeed walk (about 30 seconds) in them as well as why I wore heels.

Would love to try 5" spiked heels in a shoe store and see the reaction of an young sales woman... Notice that I´m not talking about black or brown boots, but that ultra feminine style of high heeled strappy sandals. But I think I´m not brave enough to do this here in my country... Anyone?

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

Hello, everyone. :wink:

Would love to try 5" spiked heels in a shoe store and see the reaction of an young sales woman...

Notice that I´m not talking about black or brown boots, but that ultra feminine style of high heeled strappy sandals.

But I think I´m not brave enough to do this here in my country...

Anyone?

Sorry, count me out, I'm no that brave. :D

I would like to try "that ultra feminine style of high heeled strappy sandals" with a girlfriend, though, but haven't had the chance yet... :wink:

K.

If the high heel shoe fits, wear it!

You'll get brave after buying shoes again and again without having them tried on. I wont but any heels now if i haven't tried them. I walk into every shop, and ask for my size. About 85% of the salespersons dont bat an eye.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

I was in a store one time. I had on a pair of one band wedge black sandals, 3.5" heel and 1 inch platform under jeans. The store was Aldo. I found a pair of little heel black one band mules, with a strap just over the toes and buckle on it. I sat down to try it on next to a couple, about late 20s. The girl said to her husband, "Hey he's trying them on" and he was like "hey, whatever works"

Shoe store sales people are there to sell shoes. I don't think they mind if men want to buy heels. At least they don't here in Minnesota. I have had some humorous experiences in shoe stores, but never was treated rudely or refused service. Last time in a shoe store, it was Nine West, and I was treated with exceptional courtesy, when I bought knee boots with 4" heels. I think it is a non-issue. The shoe stores are happy to sell high heeled shoes, even to men.

Even the times I haven't tried on heels in shops I'm sure the assistant knew they were for me. Like Magickman says, they just want to make a sale. Evans in the UK are particularly good on that score, twice I've bought shoes in there and both times was asked if I wanted to try them on. Chris

Not only regular stores but custom manufacturers. I bought custom made boots twice in a store here in Sao Paulo and they was aways gentle and helpful. They took measures, showed me styles and heels possibilities, aways smiling and making good comments. The second time my wife was toghether and the salesgirl said that they like to receive people like me with the wives/gf because they know that this kind of men is happy.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

the london shoe people are fantastic. we were stood discussing shoe sizes and how some 8's are big enough for a 9 etc a funny moment on our heelmeet was when we entered the schuh shop, i was walking with Red Mountain and his wife and a young girl approached me and john to inform us the mens department was downstairs. We sort of looked at each other and then down at our stiletto boots. the girl noticed, realised she had literally put her foot in it and quickly corrected herself by pointing out the womens sections too. LOL was classic!

Similar happened to me in Camden. I was going down into a basement where the ladies shoes are when the proprietor said it was the women's section. I pointed to my heels and told him that that didn't normally stop me!