Are you happy with your foot/shoe size?

Latextex

Are you happy with your shoe/foot size?  

490 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with your shoe/foot size?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wish my feet were two sizes smaller, as there are more than ten times the selection, there. Many styles just aren't available in my size, and yet they're so attracting! Frustrating...

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 4 weeks later...

As typically a gents UK9, on the whole yes as I am able to fit UK8 at a "comfortable" squeeze but still would prefer to have smaller feet.

Though all this heel wearing has gradually changed the shape of my feet; now one may suggest that the shoes are stretching, which may be the case to a certain extent but shoes that were honestly just a bit too small that I haven't really worn in 12 months are now fitting far more comfortably........:smile:

• 4 weeks later...

sometimes i wish i was a us womens size 10,so i could wear any boots i like. but since i am size 14 and already have over 100 pairs of boots anyways,i think i am better off where i am as it is. otherwise i see myself alone in a 10 acre warehouse surrounded by nothing but boots....

• 3 weeks later...

Can't remember if I replied to this or not, but I would loove to have a smaller foot size instead of a 12 in Womens. I'd settle with a 9 or a 10. Seems to be more styles in those sizes, and I'd enjoy the challenge of higher heels then ;D

Formally "HHDude"

at euro 43/44 i would not complain if they were just a little bit smaller (say 41...) they it would not be a problem to buy from any high stret store in the uk. However with a good number now offering slightly larger sizes (Next going up to 43) there may be hope yet!

while I am generally ok with my feet, 2 sizes smaller would open up countless opportunities for high heel ladies boots

No doubt. But I am seeing more larger sizes of high heels and high heeled boots at many outlets. I hope shoemakers are realizing that there are many women with larger feet and men enjoy feminine footwear, too.

I've a EU 47/48 and much trouble getting shoes - even men style :) So I'm not happy about my show/feet size. Wish I got a EU 41/42. It would be much easier getting nice shoes - and much more possibilities of heels :-) But how does it look like: A men, 201 cm tall, with small feet ... :)

• 2 weeks later...

One or two sizes smaller would be great. I take a 12B or C USA size so width is not the issue. Many more options appearing in my size range in recent years. 30 years ago there were only a few brands that came in that size though they did nice styles.

classic style high heel boots

I wish mine where smaller because I wear a US 12. And only a few retail stores seem to carry them. If mine ere smaller it would open up a lot more styles for me and making shopping for shoes more pleasurable. Online is ok but I enjoy retail more since no shipping charges and I get them right away.

Cool question. I voted for smaller. I take a size 11 ladies. I remember though it was so much easier fitting Boots when I was 14 and 15 years old, when I took a Ladies size 9. 11's are not difficult to find but there is so much more selection in the sizing 10 and below.

david

Ah those were the days. I wore a women's size 8 boot when I was 14. It was just a matter then of finding a boot that could "pass" as my parents would not go for more feminine styles - boots were meant to protect your feet from the snow, wet and cold not be a fashion item. As my feet grew the choice decreseaed until at 12 there were very little choices to be had. There were still a few but pretty much impossible to find in regular shoe stores where I could go to get a new pair as my feet grew each winter.

One of our favorite shoe stores fit me in womens snow boots each year through size 11 under the premise mens boots were too wide. My feet were a mens AAA at the time so width was not an issue in women's sizes. When I hit 12 they had no womens "utility" snow boots in 12 though they had fashionable knee high stretch, white boots in my size - but told me they really are not for guys - they cannot pass. Man, I so wanted to get those.

Later on my mother spotted a pair of what appeared to be black utility snow boots in a catalog in my size 12 and ordered a pair for me. They turned out to be the strech patten boots so popular at the time. I was in heaven all that winter and winters after that.

Those were the days!

I am in full agreement there with you. So many times do I see a style I want and they are not made to 12 anyway much less stocked in stores. Trying them on first is so much more productive. There have been a few small stores that I have found in the past who carried 12 and would allow me to try on and sell boots to me as well as special order for approval, styles that came in 12. One even would give me a courtesy call when they got in their new stock of winter boots. Like any shoe trying on first is very helpful especially when factoring in gettignthe shaft of a tall boot that is not too tight or loose fitting.

• 1 month later...

i wear a US size 8 to 9 womens depending on the make of the shoe. but i voted for a smaller foot size because my friends all wear size 6 to 7, and sometimes when I secretly try on their heels, i find that i can't fit into them. am i asking for too much?

I enjoy my size 9 in women's, especially since my gf is the same size.

That is the best situation! I would love to meet a lady who I can share heels with, being the same size. For me, isn't much of a problem as I fall in the average line of women's size.

I'm a USW10, Men's 8. I'm happy with my shoe size because it seems to be the upper limit of most shoe sizes, but I wouldn't mind 1-2 sizes smaller. I'm also only 17 so I'm just praying like hell that my feet don't get any bigger, but I've been wearing the same size shoes (USM8 Converse) literally since 8th grade. I just graduated HS this year. My only scare was when I had to buy some new Vans (meh) and they didn't have a size 8 so I tried on 8.5 and my feet "barely" fit into them, making me wonder what my size really was. However I just bought some new heels, regular 'ol USW10 and they fit wonderfully, a bit big actually.

I have a UK mens size 11, so that rules out most of the styles of shoes that are available. And then to top it all off, my feet are pretty wide. While this gives me very very good stability, it does not help fitting in heels one bit :irked:

I have a UK mens size 11, so that rules out most of the styles of shoes that are available. And then to top it all off, my feet are pretty wide. While this gives me very very good stability, it does not help fitting in heels one bit :irked:

As another UK11, I share your frustrations! But I was amused by the thought that having wide feet improves one's stability - I suppose it does too, but only if the body on top is not too unwieldy! Unless you are a skinny bloke and less than 6' tall (are you?), then your wide UK11s are probably just right for your build; I know my medium width 11s suit mine.

If you haven't tried them, you should find that many UK11s from Priceless or Evans will fit quite well.

...I wear woman's size 7.5-8.0.

Lucky you ! (Furthermore, the shoes or boots proportion look better on this size)

I wear women's size 11 and this size is almost always sold out when there is a sale.

If I want something I like, it's better not to wait too long and buy at higher price...:irked:

But I consider myself OK since I am still able to buy from regular stores...

• 2 weeks later...