Are you happy with your foot/shoe size?

Latextex

Are you happy with your shoe/foot size?  

490 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with your shoe/foot size?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I am, on the far end of fits. At EU 41 or 10/11 us womens, I have a good selection to choose from but miss out on some brands that only go to size 10. With a 5" heels I am well into the next floor of the Hotel, so if I were a size 8 it would look like nails on my feet proportionally speaking. Mtnsofheels

Like mtnsofheels in Canada I too am OK with my shoe size and also am at the top end (US11 is my optimal size) so I might miss out on some styles that only go to size 10. I did, however, discover this year that my foot will fit SOME styles in size 10 depending on the vamp opening and materials used.

Like the previous posters, I am a US women's size 12M in shoes with a back (pumps, boots, loafers, oxfords, etc.), but I can usually fit into a size 11M in backless shoes, like clogs, mules, and even sandals and slingbacks if the straps are sufficiently long and the heel is high. Even though I know these sizes are limited in the styles and companies that offer them, there are a lot more choices now than there used to be, and if there were more choices than there are now, my already too large collection would grow hopelessly larger (inversely proportional to my bank account). So I'd have to say I'm happy where I am. Steve

I know exactly what you mean, Steve63130. Purchasing shoes that I like is "deflationary" to my bank account and overall economic profile. :chuckle::w00t2:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

When I purchased my first heels at the age of 18, I was able to wear a size 10B(M). Now 30 years later, a size 12 is on the tight side. My feet have grown in length and width making it hard to find comfort I used to have. I long for the good-old days of the 10 B. :chuckle:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Wow that's a lot of growth. I usually thought by the end of your teenage years, your foot size was pretty much set.

Yes, me too, disappointing that those early shoes just did not fit any more. :mecry:Many early "friends" of 1970's had to go.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I'k like my feet to be a little shorter, i wear a 42 and womens shoes in spain are just to 41, so I only can wear sandals, or some 41 big shoes wich are rare. If I had a little shorter feet, Zara, Blanco and that kind of shoes would fit.

I'k like my feet to be a little shorter, i wear a 42 and womens shoes in spain are just to 41, so I only can wear sandals, or some 41 big shoes wich are rare. If I had a little shorter feet, Zara, Blanco and that kind of shoes would fit.

You could have a look at the Pikolinos brand. They often have size 42 and their shoes

are rather wide. My wife has the same problem and often she can even use a size 41.

On the down side: their heels are not very high, but they do have comfortable boots

with heels that are very suitable for streetheeling.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

JWhite44:-) What you say is not neccessiarily true. As you age your feet begin to widen out and sometimes lengthen a bit more. Then it is a given that you must go to a larger size to gain the same comfort that you had at an earlier age. Thats not just men, but holds true for women also. When I first met Mickey 41 years ago, she wore a size 5M shoe and they were extremely hard to find her heels that she could wear to work in daily. So any time that we found a size 5M heel, we bought them wether she needed them or not. Later on her foot went to a 5.5M heel and eventually to a 6M heel, and today she wears 6M Ballet flats. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

How can I complain? I can wear an 11 in most heels, and occasionally find a 10 that works in some brands. In some brands I need a 12, but even a 12 is still produced some of the time. Here is my logic...if I had a smaller foot, finding shoes would be way too easy, I would own more than I could ever wear, and I would spend an exponential amount of money more than I do now. Anyway, a size 11 is great for me. I can find stylish shoes, but it is a bit of a challenge. Makes the "hunt" kind of exciting.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 2 weeks later...

I happy with my foot size! I have a small foot by male standards! My men's dress shoe size goes from a 7 to an 8. In heel's I wear anywhere from an 8 to a 9. My small foot size is what kind of got me started trying to wear women's shoe's. I have a hell of a time finding men's dress shoe's that look good and are in my size!:cry1:

• 2 weeks later...

Are you happy with the size of your foot and shoe size? Would you like a smaller foot to fit women's high heels? Would you like a larger foot to look more manly? Do you wish you could have some other size foot or wear a different shoe size?

Like the majority I voted for smaller even though I'm an 8. The main problem I have is that I have a wide toe and narrow heel, coupled with different sized feet means I have to try-before-i-buy just to see if I can get my foot in.

I wear a 9 to 9.5 in mens, and anywhere from a 10 to 12 in womens... I'm content with my size, but I would'nt mind being just a tad smaller because 10's can prove difficult to find at times.. And if I have to go to 11, sometimes I'm just plain out of luck....

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

• 2 weeks later...

As with so many of the polls here, the choices are not well thought out. If nominal shoe size (i.e. length) is the issue here, there should be only three possible answers: 'Yes'; 'No - I wish it was smaller'; 'No - I wish it was larger'. The two who simply answered 'No' tell us nothing of their reason! (But I agree that these two rogue answers scarcely affect the overall result.) The poll does also ignore the common situation that someone might be perfectly happy with his shoe/foot size in terms of its appearance and relationship with his height/build etc but would like a smaller foot for other reasons, e.g. so that available women's styles could be worn readily (what a strange notion!).

I wear 41.5-42 and lately I've found some brands that that have large 40s in my country and they fit nicely. Sandals are not a problem and booties or oxfords are tough. My main problem is that there very few shops that make special orders 41 to 43 in a fashionable, heely style. I have some custom made shoes, though.

For me, and most men, it is hard to get female shoes in male sizes. I have size 44 which is US size 12 in womens shoes. Thoose are hard to find in the shops in Sweden. The biggest they tend to have in the shops is 41, US 9½. /Stefan

Best regards, Stefan

... The biggest they tend to have in the shops is 41, US 9½.

/Stefan

Wow. Guess they don't grow your women big (at least their feet!) over there. In the US, I think sizes 6-10 are practically standard, with 6-11 fairly common also. Going to size 12 is extremely difficult, and size 13 relatively impossible.