Are you happy with your foot/shoe size?

Latextex

Are you happy with your shoe/foot size?  

490 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with your shoe/foot size?

Take a look at Karo wedges - they are mostly slides/mules but go up to size 14USW. Not cheap but quite nice. Beverlyheels, for one, carries them. My personal favorites are the Karo 925 model, which I sometimes wear to the hair and nail salon. They seem to be pretty accurately sized, so the 14 might be a little small - I fit the 13 well and wear men's 11 or 12 shoes. The other place to try might be ShoesUSA which has some styles in sizes up to 14. They are expensive and very generously sized. Those are the ones I know about - there are probably others.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wear a UK size 8 or 9. As men and womens sizes are the same here, size 8s are easy to find, but 9s are not, and as 50% of size 8s fit, this being the case, I suppose I'm quite lucky for a 6 foot man. so i'm quite happy with the size of my feet!

• 1 month later...

With all the best styles being made in a size 10 us women's I would say that would be my ideal size. Most of the men in here know what I am saying when I state a size 12 us women's sometimes has a style gap. The plus side , can't overspend on to many styles if they are not out there to be purchased. I will have to say the shoe companies are getting better about the larger sizes. Nine West seems to be getting a lot better about size 12 as is RSVP and the list goes on.

I am pretty fortunate to wear a size 10 US Womens. A size 9 would be even better because some shoe selections seem to top off at that size, but I can't complain since most men's feet are larger than mine, and I have plenty of shoe options available in my size.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fit snuggly into a UK 8 and UK 9 has some room for those long nights. Size 8/9 allows the heel to be a bit larger than those with smaller feet. My girlfriend is jealous of the heel length.

At size 11 (also UK) I guess I could have 6 in heels if I wanted/could walk in them/afford them, but they just dont seem to exist! I wish my feet were a 9 or smaller, as there are many good heels in that size. I prefer cowboy boots and old style block heels, but in larger sizes stilettos seem to rule the roost, and I dont feel comfortable about looking so feminine and landing on my ass when the thin spike snaps under my 17 stones of weight :)

I had to vote no because my feet are so different, I've got 2 UK sizes between them (8.5 and 10.5) which makes buying anything a pain. If I could choose, I think I'd be happy with somewhere around UK6-7 since that size seems to have such a good selection.

Hi, I guess I suffer the same probleme as most guys. I have EU size 43, usually womens size 42 fits fine in many cases 41 is also acceptable. This gives at least the chance of some nice heels (with nylons of course.). I would give a lot to have size 40 or less 38/39 would be great! I even would consider surgery on that. Has anyone experience on this? Wearing a designer 5inch HH, that's it!

I can wear size 9's as long as the toe box fits. Otherwise 9-11, mostly 10's with the occasional 11 thrown in based on brand. So just like guys shoes I guess, where the size means next to nothing. As for am I happy with it, I suppose I wouldn't mind smaller feet, but as its one of those things I cannot change I don't think about it. Besides, my mother gave them to me, its not like I can trade them in. :)

I'm reasonably happy since I realised a couple of years ago that my feet had shrunk (!) slightly allowing me to wear with women's size 9 / 42 (UK). I'd like my feet to be slightly smaller (maybe a 7 or :) ideally, but I have noticed that many more shoes are available even over just the past 2-3 years in a 9 than ever before. Now either women's feet are getting bigger or... there must be demand growing from somewhere :)

• 2 weeks later...

For wearing women's shoes, I wouldn't mind if my foot was a little smaller. I wear a women's 11 - that's pretty much the upper limit for women's shoes in a lot of stores, and you can't always find every shoe in that size. Even wearing a 10 would make things easier, but a 9 would be ideal. But in the grand scheme of things I have no problem with my foot size.

• 2 months later...

NO!..."I wish I had a smaller foot"...but, back to reality I guess. I'm a US 13/14 and there are so few shoes available in that size that it's a constant disappointment for me to see all those other great shoes I would love to have and just can't get because the largest size is a 10, maybe an 11 and sometimes a 12 (just out of reach). Very frustrating! But, at least, some manufacturers are making larger sizes (Pleaser, Ellie and a couple others) and I'm very glad for that. On the other hand, if I fit into commonly available sizes, I would probably be in big trouble in many ways! I hope all you guys that can get whatever you want right off the shelf really appreciate being able to do that. If you're not familiar, here's how it feels: Go to shoes.com or zappos.com, click on womens shoes, maybe pumps perhaps or your favorite style, look through the pages and pages of shoes and notice the ones you'd really like to buy.....spend a little time, wait until you see a pair of those "gotta have" shoes when your heart rate goes up and you don't care how much they cost.......NOW, go click on size-14 in the "Narrow you choices" column and see what you have to choose from! Anyway, just venting a bit I guess. Hope my envy wasn't showing too much. I would really like to have some better quality shoes and am thinking of upping the game and spending much more on something I really want like at Burlesque Blue or even try made-to-measure, duplication or maybe even fully custom (which is very pricey I understand)......

I can understand you being annoyed. For years I had the opposite problem. I have small feet and I could never buy proper mens shoes. And if they would have my size, they had only horrible shoes and very little choice. Either that or I would have to go to the childrens department which I consider really degrading. Then I started looking at womens shoes and now all my problems are over. I rather go to the women section than to the children section. There are some sites with very big sizes with heels, but they concern mostly relatively extreme heels. Shoes with 3 inch heels which are good for beginner street heelers, in the very large sizes are really rare or expensive (like YSL). Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Like many here, I wish I had smaller feet because the choice of styles is simply much better, although having EUR 42 is not too bad. Another reason is that I have thin legs, so that with smaller feet, the shaft width of boots would fit me better rather than being too wide which is usually the case.

I can understand you being annoyed.

For years I had the opposite problem. I have small feet and I could never

buy proper mens shoes. And if they would have my size, they had only

horrible shoes and very little choice. Either that or I would have to go to

the childrens department which I consider really degrading.

Then I started looking at womens shoes and now all my problems are over.

I rather go to the women section than to the children section.

There are some sites with very big sizes with heels, but they concern mostly

relatively extreme heels. Shoes with 3 inch heels which are good for beginner

street heelers, in the very large sizes are really rare or expensive (like YSL).

Y.

Y., Sorry you had to go to the children's department. I had not considered the opposite problem. Glad "all your problems are over" in the womens dept. I've seen many "womens" shoes that look like "mens" too. Interesting you should mention beginner street heeling because that's where I am: trying to find something in a modest height heel that I would be pushing my limit in but still confident. I found one pair that I like but could only get in a 13 (likely too small in closed toe). There's a great pair of ankle boots I would love to have from Naturalizer in a 3-inch Cuban heel. Largest size is US 12W.:) I wrote to them to see if they could make a larger size......no reply. To have them made, a quote from a custom shoemaker here in the US is custom boots start at US $950......

I think the real question here perhaps should be "Are you happy with the shoe manufacturers?"

H.