What the heck???

luxxyheels

I just bought some new 5"leather pumps (Ellie Leslie)

Posted Image

and for some reason I'm having a really hard time walking in them. I've been wearing 3 1/2 to 4 for so long that coming back to 5 is like learning to walk again. Yeesh!!

I bought some black velvet pumps from Pierre Silber as well and they are even harder to walk in. The arch is insane and it feels higher than 5".

5" heels may be really hard for those not used to them. But practice is everything, and probably all that you need. My first pair of heels were 5" sandals, that I could manage with after some practice, You will see they are not so hard! By the way, nice pumps!

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

Last summer I worked my way from my normal 3.5" heels to 5" heels, and felt quite comfortable walking all over the apartment in them. After three months, however, my feet were beginning to develop the first signs of wear and tear because of wearing heels, so when the winter came, I stepped out of my 5" sandals for the last time and went back with my typic height of 3.5". My current heels range from 3" clogs to 4" boots (which I'm wearing with my favorite skirt as I type! (It's a simply ankle-length jeans skirt). Very comfy!

I know what you mean. When I used to stay in a hotel during the week for work, I wore my 5" pumps everynight and was able to walk around with no problem. I've been wearing 3-3.5" heels to work for almost 2 years now. The other night since the parking garage was empty, I put my 5" heels on and walked around the car and felt myself stumbling around. It definitely felt harder than I remembered! Scotty

Hello Luxy, Nice heels. And happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate. Please try this following exercise for one week. I promise that you will see a difference, It works. Stand with your feet facing straight ahead and a few inches apart, 4'-6'. Use your arms for balance. Keep your toes firmly on the floor and raise your heels up and down as far as possible for about ten repetions. Do this at least 10 times a day or until you get used to it. Phase two. Do the same excercise and hold the same position, as if youre wearing very high heels for ten seconds or longer. After a few weeks it will be possible to do this excersise on one foot. The beauty of it all is that you can do this exercise at home, at work or anywhere. I hobbled and teetered around in 5' heels for a few years and this really helped me. ...Larry.

Love those heels!

I have experienced a similar thing when I remove a 3 to 4 inch boot and replace it with a 5 inch boot. The amusing thing is when I go from nearly flat to 5 inches, I have no problem.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Going from one extreme in heel height to the other can be problematical, but that solely depends on the individual. In my case, only having four and five inchers in my collection, I don't face that sort of dilemma.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

13w/14USW. I just put those shoes on, walked around the house, came back to my room, put my 3 1/2" J. Renee's on, and it feels like I'm walking in flats. I bought a pair of palazzo pants, and thought those velvet shoes would go great with them, so I need to keep practicing!!

I agree that is usually the case, but not with those velvet pumps. I think a good stretching would help too, as they are a bit tight on one foot. I'm getting better with the leather ones the more I walk in them. No more than 2 months ago, I had 5" mastered, but I had to get those eelskins and other 3.5-4" pumps and get used to that height. Now, it's like me taking my first steps in heels again.

That's one of the reasons I like real leather. It gives, stretching itself to mold to your foot. It's a bit tricky to find a shoe that's snug, but not too tight when you first buy it, when worn with hosiery, but that's comfortably snug after it stretches, when worn with socks.