Experience with foot trainers?

sddenise

Hi, I've been browsing here for a while now, and finally thought I would ask a question. I have really big feet for a girl, I wear either a 10 or 11 depending on the shoe. I've read about foot trainers in a few places and I'm wondering if anyone has really been able to bring down their shoe size with them. Being able to wear higher heels is a bonus of course, but I'm mostly concerned with getting my shoe size down around a 9. I know it's sort of an extreme thing to do, but I can'n tell you how much I hate how big my feet are, not to mention that a lot of times they don't make shoes in my size. If anyone can give me some info one way or the other, or if there is anything else I can try, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Denise

Well, curse them or not, they are your's. I promise you, a lot of guys here, myself included, would love to have feet your size. I wear a 12 or 13 Wide in women's, now you try to find a sexy pair in that size. More importantly, changing the size of one's foot would lead to WAY WAY WAY more problems that it would fix. This is not a good option and unless someone knows something I don't -- which is possible -- then I think everyone would agree with me. Sorry to disappoint but I don't like to see people do things that are detrimental to their health. -Eric

I don't think that foot trainers (like you see on Heike's site, for example) will shorten the length of the foot because they don't give any compression in length. Even if you tried to arrange some mechanism to do this, it would be very dangerous risking all sorts of 'I don't know what'. The only thing that wearing hhs does is to give a greater curve to the instep, stretching the top of the foot and compressing the sole ..... I don't even need to think of the wrinkles on my soles when my feet are in 5 inchers. This shape allows your feet to fit better into hhs, so you may find that after a fair while of wearing 4.5" upwards, you can take a smaller size in hhs (but not flats which are still size 39). For example, I have some size 38s in a style that I used to take in size 39. This is a reduction in size of about 3/4 in US shoe size. If you were hoping for a huge reduction in shoe size by wearing foot trainers, I'm afraid that you will be disappointed and stand a fair risk of irreparably damaging your feet. Xa

Well my feet did shrink after starting my training. I used to be a 7 in stilettos...I used foot trainers at nite and wore heels all day. About a year later I was abouta 6 in heels...now that I only wear heels and ballets my latest purches in boots and pumps area 5 1/2..its not that your feet get smaller...but your arch gets higher...so in high heels you need a smaller size. I havent worn flats or sneakers since I can remember, but I dont know if my size there is any different or not. Jen

Yes, I do walk in these

Hi Denise I agree with Dr Shoe, the only way to effectively reduce the size of your feet would be through surgery, which would be expensive and potentially dangerous. You could also end up with feet which are smaller, but you still hate because now they don't look normal. For example, removal of bones from the toes, or amputation of a toe. You don't say how tall you are, or whether you're in the UK or US, but probably your feet don't look as big to everyone else as they do to you. I'm guessing you're in the UK, as a US size 10-11 is not that big. There are several shops in the UK that cater for women with larger feet, including Evans, Barratts and Tallgirls. In my opinion you shouldn't try to change the size of your feet, you risk doing a lot more harm than good. Chris

• 5 years later...

Well my feet did shrink after starting my training. I used to be a 7 in stilettos...I used foot trainers at nite and wore heels all day. About a year later I was abouta 6 in heels...now that I only wear heels and ballets my latest purches in boots and pumps area 5 1/2..its not that your feet get smaller...but your arch gets higher...so in high heels you need a smaller size. I havent worn flats or sneakers since I can remember, but I dont know if my size there is any different or not.

Jen

1) I remember that Spook also said her shoe size shrunk one full size (6 down to 5, if I recall correctly) after using "foot trainers" to raise her arches for 5" inch high heels and ballet heels. According to her website circa 1999-2006, she wore 'nothing below 5" heels' afterwards.

I trust Spook 100% because she is a real person. I saw her on television, mainly because of her use of corsets and her at-or-near world record level small waist.

Spook's website no longer exists. However, you can still see some of her photo's at http://www.staylace.com/ under the "PINUPS" icon.

2) Imelda de Cirque (a.k.a. suzaniballetheels), a popular extreme heel wearer in Australia and on YouTube.com has also mentioned her shoe size shrinking from a size 10 down to 9 after wearing ballet heels.

3) Besides the arches (literally) being raised higher, there is also the possibility of some compression of the small bones in the feet. It is a scientific fact that bones are "malleable" to a small degree.

========

P.S. - I don't like the use of "foot trainers", as there are various "ballet en pointe dance exercises" available to do the same.

it is not because of balletheels (or trainers) nor heels per se nor arches but because of deformation of toes which the most high heels can cause if one does not take care enough resp. give the feet the possibilty to recover. the most natural foot position is barefeet on the earth and toes straight and slightly apart from each other (not exactly the prefered fetishists view LOL). but especially at high heels the most usual form is almond toe box which would press toes together- which can become the steady toe position with worst case hallux valgus. but also alot of low heeled or no heel shoes have quite pointy toe boxes. by high heels the effect is enhanced through the natural pressure of feet slipping forwards in the shoe. While having straight healthy toes one would choose shoes a size larger, even few month of wearing often such shoewear without *working against* (the younger the feet the faster) makes especially big toe slope which allows wearing smaller size, especially in tight-toebox-shoes. which some think feet shrinking. actually reversed; feet get larger with the age. by the way very pointy and long toe boxes as at gml stiletto heels e. g. can be quite healthy as actually giving the toes enough space trough the length and not pressing them together.

it is not because of balletheels (or trainers) nor heels per se nor arches but because of deformation of toes which the most high heels can cause if one does not take care enough resp. give the feet the possibilty to recover.

the most natural foot position is barefeet on the earth and toes straight and slightly apart from each other (not exactly the prefered fetishists view LOL).

but especially at high heels the most usual form is almond toe box which would press toes together- which can become the steady toe position with worst case hallux valgus.

but also alot of low heeled or no heel shoes have quite pointy toe boxes. by high heels the effect is enhanced through the natural pressure of feet slipping forwards in the shoe.

While having straight healthy toes one would choose shoes a size larger, even few month of wearing often such shoewear without *working against* (the younger the feet the faster) makes especially big toe slope which allows wearing smaller size, especially in tight-toebox-shoes.

which some think feet shrinking. actually reversed; feet get larger with the age.

by the way very pointy and long toe boxes as at gml stiletto heels e. g. can be quite healthy as actually giving the toes enough space trough the length and not pressing them together.

maybe, maybe not. It could be a third reason.

Over the decades, too much has been written about high arches and photos taken of people using foot trainers (to develop across-the-entire-width-of-the-foot high arches).

See "Creating A High Heeled Woman (Foot Training)" based on John Willie's work:

http://users.powernet.co.uk/wingett/articles2.htm

======

Spook had pictures of herself using foot trainers on her website back in 2001. As I already mentioned, she wrote that her shoe size shrank one full size and she never mentioned anything about deformed toes.

=====

I tried to find Cirque de Imelda's old blog entries, but can't. However, she has one recent web page mentioning something new about the size of her ballet boots. See comments written by suzanziballetheels at:

http://suzanziballetheels.blogspot.com/2010/12/red-ballet-shoes-modified.html