Wheel Clampers

:rocker:

Francis really came up with a good one for this topic - it's been most enjoyable.

Yes, I can see someone charging a wheel clamper for grand theft auto. All they would have to do is prove that the clamper denied rightful access for any significant period of time (under US law).

It would be an interesting trick, however, to run it through the courts, which are prone to give wheel clampers the benefit of the doubt. One would have to prove they were legitimately parked.

I, too, would like to see such a case in court. But it would have to be the right court with the right judge. As for proving that you were legally parked, there is nothing like a witness. Since 2 witnesses are all that's required to convict a person of treason (in the US) another passenger or witness of legal age ought to be sufficent.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're still running around in horses and buggies where I live.LOL Not kidding.Like to see em try to clamp a horse.LOL!!!

Lessee, yer talking about the Ahmish, who still run around in animal-drawn vehicles, right? As for immobilzing the steeds, they've had hobbles for centuries - all you'd have to do is add a lock to them. As for the buggies, that might be a different story. Most buggy wheels are so thin that a saw will go through one in a matter of minutes. Just cut a slot, take out the chain, and be on yer way. Besides, the average buggy is so flimsy that 3 or 4 able-bodied men could easily pick one up and move it - not at all like dealing with 1 or 2 tons of steel and machinery.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well this has been a pretty good thread. I'm not sure just how we got on the topic of horses & buggies?;) Can anyone update this thread with a current story about a wheel clamp situation involving an automobile? I'd hate to see this one vanish into oblivion.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

A neighbour of mine took it into his head to block me in every morning so that I'd have to go and ask him to move it. It wasn't like there was nowhere else to park and at 10pm he would still be in a space four down from mine. One day I had the day off work and so there was a knock on the door. It ws him. "Have you seen my car?" he asked. I leant over the balcony to look to where mine was parked and didn't see his, nor was it in the space it occupied some 12 hours earlier. "No, " I replied, "Where's it gone?" "I don't know," he said "I was hoping you'd know." "Why should I?" "Well, it was parked across the back of yours..." "What makes you so sure because it was in the space three slots down at 10 last night?" "Er... Um... I moved it at midnight!" "Why?" "Er... Um..." "I suggest you get onto the clamping people then, they've probably towed you." It cost him £135 to get his car back, clampers do have a use after all!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

"Er... Um... I moved it at midnight!"

"Why?"

"Er... Um..."

Hey Doc...

Thats nuts, this guy sounds a bit disturbed to be honest...

Cant say I understand why he would delibaratly shift his car at midnight to block you in, unless his alarm clock was broken and he needed you to wake him up each day?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

No, they just come around at random times on patrol. I really don't know why he was doing it. He was always really apologetic about it and I don't think he's got a job so I can't think why he needed me to wake him. I think it kind of made him feel important to be my "gatemaster" or something...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

A neighbour of mine took it into his head to block me in every morning so that I'd have to go and ask him to move it. It wasn't like there was nowhere else to park and at 10pm he would still be in a space four down from mine.

One day I had the day off work and so there was a knock on the door. It ws him.

"Have you seen my car?" he asked.

I leant over the balcony to look to where mine was parked and didn't see his, nor was it in the space it occupied some 12 hours earlier.

"No, " I replied, "Where's it gone?"

"I don't know," he said "I was hoping you'd know."

"Why should I?"

"Well, it was parked across the back of yours..."

"What makes you so sure because it was in the space three slots down at 10 last night?"

"Er... Um... I moved it at midnight!"

"Why?"

"Er... Um..."

"I suggest you get onto the clamping people then, they've probably towed you."

It cost him £135 to get his car back, clampers do have a use after all!

WOW! What a story!;) Lessee, £135 ought to translate into about $200! That's a pretty hefty fee! I hope that helps him get his parking priorities straightened out.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels