The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

Having met Kneehighs in person, I can testify that if more people stopped bleating and started 'walking the walk', the world would wise up to men wearing better shoes far more quickly. I find his posts to be some of the most inspirational on this forum.

After following your adventures for some time... Your comment on your heels, "I think heels intrigue women and get them curious and the excitement and curiosity actually gets them attracted if you know how to transer it to yourself." sells your personality a little (a lot actually) short. I suspect you would have the same success if you were wearing flip-flops.

(I never thought I would complement someone by saying they could wear flio-flops. :))

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

An object lesson of what not to be. I know, I sound like I'm tooting my own horn and maybe, just maybe that's why I don't update much here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about who I am in text, but I don't really care to be honest. I'm just authentically adventurous and ambitious and I'm not going to exchange my authenticity for approval.

Very well said. And whether you aim to be or not, your authenticity in your posts has been an inspiration to not only myself, but others here at this site.

Heels are more like a kind of music that I like, a kind of food that I like, an ethnic background etc....they are just a taste preference, like my favorite color or favorite actor, or favorite flavor of ice cream.

After 2 months of public heeling, I found exactly the same conclusion, but only in a self perspective. It seems that it took you all these years to verify that it is also accepted this way in a girl's eye, and thus more generally in other peoples mind.

Kneehighs, would you say that you were somehow bound to wearing heels in all these outings and meetings, thus supporting the "men in heels" fashion or fullfilling a kind of societal study ?

Or otherwise do you think that heels have boosted your girl meeting power ?

Finally, did you notice a change in your choice of male friends due to heels ?

Regards.

So for now, I opt out...and check into my female friend in Vilnius, my friends in Riga, my friends in Tallinn, and my super sexy but objective friend in London. Can't wait to explore and experience!

I would think twice before heeling in eastern Europe. I don't think they will take it well. I never dared to do it.

I would think twice before heeling in eastern Europe. I don't think they will take it well. I never dared to do it.

Thanks, I'm moderately aware of the risks involved with heeling in the Baltic States. Fortunaely, I'll be with locals in Vilnius, Riga, and Tallinn, so hopefully I should stay safe.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs, As one who has achieved much in your life so far and inspired many of us through your thoughtful and eloquent comments, you show signs of boredom with this forum. It's natural. You have risen to the top and there is nothing left for this forum to give you. BUT, please consider giving back. Consider that your experiences and posts can and do help and motivate others, especially newbies. We were all newbies once. We all experienced the nervousness and insecurity and thrill of wearing heels because of our social conditioning. You have gone way beyond that, however, and are highly qualified to be a teacher and example to others. So stick around, post more often, and do for others all that you're capable of doing here, so they in turn can rise to your level and pass on the motivation to future heelers who stumble onto this forum looking for help. We need more people like you here to contribute posts and keep this forum exciting. Don't consider bailing out now. You have so much to offer. Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Now, this is going to be bringing water to the ocean here, but KH illustrates here clearly that most people on this site think that the shoes are bigger than the person. Meaning, it doesn't matter what the person does or says, making other people accept men in heels will never work. This is bull, and we know it. Just look at KH: he wears whatever he feels like, but he carries a personality. The shoes are what they really are - small inanimate objects, and have no bearing on how other people think of his personality. The big KH is the big KH, in stilettos or combat boots. His social standing is what it is, because he is who he is and what he does. If we are insecure and lack confidence, we shrink ourselves to the size of the shoe. The shoe is what catches the attention, the person wearing them goes unnoticed. Does he look smart? Rich? Stylish? Tired? Underfed? People wouldn't be able to say. Now I'm by no means a poster child of the Kneehighs class, but I'm bigger than my shoes. If you're even modestly socially competent, and you introduce and present yourself as a person, rather than a pair of shoes which contracted a commodity service provider to move them around, people will treat you as such. You meet a stranger, say in a store. You reach out, occupying their mental bandwidth with how you introduce yourself. They temporarily park the shoe image to deal with what you are saying, and instead of forming an opinion based on what they saw on the ground, they form an opinion based on what they hear and what they see in facial expression and body language. One of two things happen: extroverts lock onto your dynamism and just forget the shoes for a minute, but later they can be used as the pepper and salt. Introverts might feel a little intimidated, but if you just dial back, use eye contact, and listen, that often just disappears. Works almost every time. I'm not a natural, so I have turned into a process of sorts, but the thought that what you have on your feet would define you as a person, is a absurd if you think about it. Thankfully, the instinct of the KHs of this world helps the rest of us understand how it should be done. If I would have come to this insight in my twenties, my moves on the dating scene would have been of a totally different caliber. Oh well. Hindsight... About the Swedish girls - I married a prototype Scandinavian (at least got that foresight) but as strong and liberal as they are, they can be opinionated too. Just a small heads-up :smile:

What's all the fuss about?

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to make of all this analytical stuff. :smile: I've read that half of all US citizens (and their dogs) go regularly to a shrink; maybe so - but I suspect that the other half are shrinks! :smile:

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to make of all this analytical stuff. :penitent: I've read that half of all US citizens (and their dogs) go regularly to a shrink; maybe so - but I suspect that the other half are shrinks! :smile:

I'll bet that was on the iternet. :smile:

There are some of us who are very curious about why things work the way they do. I can watch the workings of a mechanical clock or watch for a long time without getting board. The electronics of a computer fascinate me. But I am also curious about how my head works, and more broadly the heads of other people also. The simple question that has been asked so many times on this board, "Why do you like wearing heels?" can lead to hours of thinking about an answer.

I completely missed the part of my education where the concepts of how minds work and social interaction were presented. Once they got past the concept of the golden rule (Do unto others and you would have them do unto you) my educators thought that was enough. That was a shame because I find the subject fascinating. The fact that I'm not very good at it (I deal with machines much better than I deal with people) does not deter my curiosity.

I very much enjoy the post on HHPLACE where someone discusses how they deal with the world especially when they are doing something outside the social norm, ...like wearing heels. (Kneehigh's is a fascinating study.)

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I can't remember where I first read about the shrinks, Tbg, but I have seen the comment more than once. However, if it is true, where do all the US lawyers fit in - or are they the patients? I agree that self-analysis and deep thought can be both interesting and rewarding (if not also often frustrating), especially for someone like me who, like yourself, is generally more in tune with objects (e.g. machinery and construction) than with people and artistic concepts. But, reading some of the comments above made me feel as though I had somehow wandered into the middle of a psychology lecture when I was really looking for the woodwork class.

In that case it might surprise you I'm an engineer by training, and blessed/cursed with a hyper rational mindset. All the soft psychoanalytical stuff isn't my cup of tea. If it were, I'd have been a Kneehighs at 15 years of age.

What's all the fuss about?

Arctic, I would have said that the shoes are no more than an accessory. You may choose your style to express something. For example, you choose a suit to be recognised as a business man, and this simplifies things when you go to a business conference. Same if you go to a rock concert, you don't wear a suit so that you are not mistaken for the security staff. Until now, this recognition doesn't work with heeled shoes for men : nobody knows what the style expresses... Thus difficult to introduce in the work area ==> that was my question to KH, did you try other activities in heels than dating girls ? You also may choose the style only for comfort reasons, or for marking a personal style, etc. But shoes also have an influence on the whole look because of the wearer's cat walking. Regards.

• 5 months later...

I think it's been over half a year since I updated my thread. Usually when I go out now, I do so with friends of friends, so they are already pre-aware of my heel wearing and it's never an issue. The stories are pretty much endless. Tonight I decided to see if the street smart kneehighs still lived though, where I could go into a venue without knowing anyone and still "survive". Go figure I met 5 Swedish girls (seriously, I'm an unconscious magnet for Swedes), 2 Dutch girls, and totally could have taken home 1 Russian (but I just wasn't in the mood tonight...her friend even left us alone while we fooled around). Thought I'd add in some pictures of the Old School kneehighs variety (which I kind of find dull now). The girl with the hot legs and pumps was challenging me as to why a straight guy would wear heels. The other girls want me to visit them when I'm in Amsterdam next. It was a fun night overall and only time will tell if any of my new Swedish friends and I wind up communicating again. p.s. the other thing I should add is that the bouncer didn't even ask me about being on "the list" at the door. Every time there is a "list" and I'm wearing pumps, the bouncer let's me in without even a second guess. And while I don't need to compare myself to other people to validate my competence, the people in front of me were rejected without question. The point is that wearing heels can actually help you get into a club. A guy who looks "cool" while wearing heels is different, creative, and thus what they want inside their club.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 3

One of the many rewards for a guy who dares to wear high heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

One of the many rewards for a guy who dares to wear high heels.

Well, you know what they say: he who dares, wins!

Edited by JeffB

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Perhaps we should start promoting high heels as an "investment!" Way to go, KH. You're still an inspiration to us all. It may be a bit boring to you, but we still like to hear about your success stories, and there are always newbies who don't have time to mine the archives, so please keep posting, for others' sake. Thanks! Steve

Absolutely KH. Your thread is a wealth of information and inspiration. I must say if anyone has any doubts they only need read.

• Like 1

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Speaking of an update, anything happening on that story about men in heels that girl from Night Line was going to write?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Kneehighs,

As one who has achieved much in your life so far and inspired many of us through your thoughtful and eloquent comments, you show signs of boredom with this forum. It's natural. You have risen to the top and there is nothing left for this forum to give you. BUT, please consider giving back. Consider that your experiences and posts can and do help and motivate others, especially newbies. We were all newbies once. We all experienced the nervousness and insecurity and thrill of wearing heels because of our social conditioning. You have gone way beyond that, however, and are highly qualified to be a teacher and example to others. So stick around, post more often, and do for others all that you're capable of doing here, so they in turn can rise to your level and pass on the motivation to future heelers who stumble onto this forum looking for help. We need more people like you here to contribute posts and keep this forum exciting. Don't consider bailing out now. You have so much to offer.

Steve

Perhaps we should start promoting high heels as an "investment!"

Way to go, KH. You're still an inspiration to us all. It may be a bit boring to you, but we still like to hear about your success stories, and there are always newbies who don't have time to mine the archives, so please keep posting, for others' sake. Thanks!

Steve

If on Sunday, April 14th 2019 you are still actively "posting, for others sake" despite the possibility that your interests and lifestyle will evolve in that 6 year and 9 month period, I will proudly nominate you as the hhplace.org King :king: , for you will have applied the standard you attempt to hold me accountable to upon yourself. ;-)

• Like 1

I hope and pray (and will work toward the goal) that high heels for guys are a much more common fashion item in that future time than they are today. I'm not sure I deserve or want the title of king, but I'd be willing to be crowned "Foot Prince." (pun intended). :silly: Steve

I'm going to leave a quick update about my night last Wednesday, based on the belief that hindsight is 20/20

OUTFIT:I wore some black women's mango trousers, a satin Calvin Klein womens blazer (the fit is amazing), and Marc by Marc Jacobs georgette twill top (that Alexander Wang actually recognizes me for) in peach with a built in black bow tie. Top it all off with a pair of 4.5" 9West pumps.

WHO: a group of 5 Danish girls and just me! I met one of them last year while I was in Brussels.

WHERE: we met in the Meatpacking District for a bottle of wine and then went to the penthouse bar at the Standard Hotel.

I love opportunities like this, because if I win the "approval" of the entire group of girls, then any girl who does decide she wants to be with me doesn't have to worry about losing social status among her friends for being with a man in heels. Despite having dark hair and not being my usual blonde type, the girl I was interested in for the night was the girl on the left in this photo.

Wine time was spent getting to know each other and working through the usual social formalities. At the Standard, things got interesting. I enjoyed my first make out with the dark haired girl. She just oozed over my pumps. Considering that all her friends agreed I looked "perfect"--even the alpha of the group who originally challenged me--she was now safe to play with me.

I sat on her friends lap, flirted with her friend while she was approached by a group of other guys who were in suits. After her friend said I was getting heavy, I moved back over to the brunette. And right in front of the suit, I sat onto her lap and pushed her back a bit, almost kissing her. I imagine the guy in the suit was wondering what was up with the girl liking the guy in pumps. Meanwhile, there was a group of 2 models who were all watching intently. I definitely had a chance to go over to them and talk, but was loyal to my 5 Danish friends for the moment.

I'm sure I can look up the Danish girl in the future when I'm in europe as she's totally intent to meet again. Again, this was pretty typical par for the course for me. And that doesn't even include the next night out with a group of Swedish girls.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

Great gobs of goose Greece, KH --- we're going to have to start calling you "Alphie.". ;-)

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

And that doesn't even include the next night out with a group of Swedish girls.

STOP it I can't take no more!! :))

• Like 1

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Love reading this stuff KH! You're a role model whether you realize or not. I'm sure your giving many a lot of hope and I applaud it.