The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

Wow! All those potatoes and no meat? :o

:roll::-?

That is just about the coolest adventure I have ever heard from a man in heels! Kneehighs, YOU R DA MAN!

Must be more to this great adventure that your not telling us though. Like the end of the story, or the new beginning? So is there maybe something possible here that might be some what of a future with this fantasy woman?

Yeah, there are some parts left out. We'll likely "play" again, but I'm not labeling that as anything other than friends "hanging out." Really, it's a dream come true to swap clothes, even if not shoes, with a beautiful (and I DO mean beautiful--she has billionaires chasing her) woman friend. I'm comfortable leaving it at that level. No monogamous long term commitment will burgeon forth from this, which I am happily content with and I suspect she is too.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

You never can tell where some paths lead. Take it from me, some of the most unexpected things can happen while "on the way to the Forum" and the rest of your life." :o:roll:

(I'm really just teasing, kh)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Kneehighs... How lucky you are to meet a woman like that. Someone that pretty and into high heels and especially OK with you wearing high heels. Yes, you are one lucky man. Keep us posted how things progress.

Thanks for all the great compliments guys. Really though, I just have a good time and hope that others here will be inspired to surpass my stories with stories of their own.

Thanks for all the great compliments guys.

Really though, I just have a good time and hope that others here will be inspired to surpass my stories with stories of their own.

I haven't read all of this thread, but certainly enjoyed the last couple of pages.

I'm generally a bit cynical of peoples experiences. I've met some 'proper' B/S merchants in my time ..... But I'm fair with my cynicism. I sometimes read my own posts and think; Who's gonna believe that? :o

The one single thing I really appreciate about your posts, is that many are illustrated. It panders to my cynicism of course by proving the integrity of the story, but better, it adds warmth and a closeness to the events reported.

This thread and your posts in general are not like other Blog type reporters where day-to-day events are just 'thrown out there'. These posts are tilted toward people who have possibly met you, or at least share a taste for the lifestyle you enjoy. Best analogy I can come up with is; It's like listening to ones youngest brother telling of his successful adventures in the world, defending and promoting the honour of the family name. Like many here I guess, we can really feel involved in your exploits and adventures! It's a wonderful gift for us.

Nothing short of inspirational, actually. :roll:

I'm personally, very grateful. Thank you. :-?

Wow, fastfreddy, You said it all as well as it can be said. I've nothing but admiration for kh and you expressed with the right words. Thanks.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It is difficult for a french guy like me to find the words . I 've read fastfreddy2 , and get the main meanings , i totally join him is his comments . Great story , i'm sure i'll never have a better one to share with you . Thanks for the illustrations . Please also to meet you . ibl70

Kneehighs is really a great member here and I'm thankful to him when he asked me to translate some spanish posts in a forum to english sometime ago, he gave me the full credit for that job, what started me to post even more here and discuss any subject that I liked, something like it broke the ice for me. We exchanged some e-mails later on what makes kneehighs a good friend. He's a person I didn't had the opportunity to meet personally, but I'm convinced that anyone here that met him in NYC or in the heelmeets had great time with him. I don't know the reason why he don't like long term relationships with the stunning girls he knows in the streets of our small world but one thing is clear for me: it's too difficult to continue to travel the world and meet new people while you're commited to a serious relationship. But it's not a rule, I'm sure. The best for you, my friend!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

What a great story! Unsuprising really considering your past adventures and having been out and about with you. She sounds like great fun to hang out with. I look forward to hearing more tales involving you and this female friend of yours.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

• 3 weeks later...

Kneehighs, you are living the dream most of us single high heeling guys wish we could, myself being one of them. I can honestly say that one of my greatest pleasures on this site is to read about your exploits in the "Big Apple" and the rest of the world. I have nothing but admiration for your courage and ability to be yourself and reap the rewards that come to you. So my friend, keep doing what you're doing and please keep us posted :-)

Just an FYI for all my hhplace friends. Last night I attended Agyness Dean's USA launch party. The Public Relations company which organized the event and is widely known around the world is made of two brothers. One brother was in 4" heels AND standing at the front door greeting everyone. Today, I walked around the city with a professional fashion journalist from one of the worlds leading corporate magazine companies. <edit: I mean fashion, not business> (a select few here know what magazine and maybe which company) When I steered the topic of conversation towards the topic of men in heels, she said she had already seen it in Paris and liked it when they could pull it off. She said some guys can pull it off and others can't. So again, if you take the time to think through your outfit before you leave the door, take the time to "play dress up" in front of the mirror and experiment with different pieces, how those different pieces complement your body frame, how those different pieces color coordinate with your skin tone and hair type, and wear clean clothes, ACCEPTANCE -- even among the worlds fashion elite -- IS AROUND THE CORNER.

Thank you for sharing your story and experience with us. It is always encouraging to hear stories like this and see that, even though very slowly, attitudes and opinions are changing. This is one small example of moving in the right direction. Thanks again.

....When I steered the topic of conversation towards the topic of men in heels, she said she had already seen it in Paris and liked it when they could pull it off. She said some guys can pull it off and others can't.

So again, if you take the time to think through your outfit before you leave the door, take the time to "play dress up" in front of the mirror and experiment with different pieces, how those different pieces complement your body frame, how those different pieces color coordinate with your skin tone and hair type, and wear clean clothes, ACCEPTANCE -- even among the worlds fashion elite -- IS AROUND THE CORNER.

I couldn't agree with you more, my friend! I've been saying that to varying degrees here for years. It's not nearly enough to just wear heels, they have to be part of a stylish, well coordinated outfit, something that will make a man look his best when out in public and not look foolish. We have to set a proper example of how good a man can look in heels, that's how we gain acceptance. Period!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Funny thing happened again on Saturday night. I hung out with a friend of mine who had a column in Cosmopolitan Magazine and is in town for the Patricia Fields party and some Luis V meeting...anyhow, I wound up showing her the forum and pictures in my Adventures Thread. She laughed at it! I even showed her the World Heel Meet threads and she thought that was the coolest thing ever...

Naturally, she wanted to know why I wore heels, and wanted to know what the ratio of guys here who had a genuine interest in fashion was as compared to those with a bent for the fetish side. I answered about 50/50, though in hindsight, I think that ratio is inaccurate.

Once again, it just proves there is nothing holding you back but your own fears. I doubt I'll talk again about wearing heels around her. Once is enough. I also doubt that everytime we get together I'll be compelled to wear heels. I control the heels, they don't control me. I prefer the luxury of choice, when I want, where I want, and with who I want.

• 3 weeks later...

I spent Saturday afternoon walking around Nolita. Had pizza at Ray's, chatted with my friends in the local boutiques, and avoided the pouring rain.

And by avoiding the rain, I found myself in line to use the restroom at Starbucks on the corner of Spring and Crosby. There in line, the world became a very small place.

I was in total man gear mode today: black converse, straight leg jeans rolled up into small 1/2" cuffs, white Zara oxford shirt with diagonal three dimensional white stripes, shirt untucked, black and brown striped skinny tie slouched 2" from the collar with diagonal stripes, sleeves rolled up.....

Anyhow, to avoid the rain I bought a Double Shot at Starbucks and decided to use the restroom. The girl behind me in line started to chat me up. She kept saying, "you look familiar...the eyes"...."I've seen you somewhere before..."

After a few minutes of chatting it dawned on me this might be a girl from 2.5 years ago that I dated -- once. So I asked, "What's your name?" She said, "Cindy". "OMG, we went on date like 2.5 years ago...remember dinner at Spice Market? And drinks at the W Hotel?" Then it suddenly dawned on her too.

"Oh yeah! You were in heels!" Indeed, I did wear 3" stiletto boots.

Ha, she wanted to hang out again. Campari was having an exhibition on Crosby street that she invited me to. Her other comments in our discussion didn't appeal to me at all though and after a few minutes outside, even in the heavy downfall of rain, I confirmed my decision of 2.5 years ago and escaped into the horizon of the streets of NYC.

It is a small world after all, even in a city of almost 9 million people.

edit: I forgot to add the part about walking past a vintage store on Prince Street and watching an elderly man of about 70 pick up a pair of obviously used boots, hold the shaft up to his nose, and take a deep whiff. No one else apparently noticed.

As usual, great reportage on entertaining experience. :thumbsup:

I've just written elsewhere, I often enjoy digression that brings interesting detail....

edit: I forgot to add the part about walking past a vintage store on Prince Street and watching an elderly man of about 70 pick up a pair of obviously used boots, hold the shaft up to his nose, and take a deep whiff. No one else apparently noticed.

In my youth, I saw a TV drama where something like this was said....

"95% of people walk around with their eyes closed. The other 5% walk around in awe of what they see."

I try hard to be in the 5%.

The extract above, is indicative of someone else with their eyes open. :smile:

Kneehighs... You are on a roll. You seemed to have been on a good streak lately with your high heels and the ladies. That is a great story and I am happy for you. Good luck on your future endevours and keep us posted.

(...)

It is a small world after all, even in a city of almost 9 million people.

(...)

Sao Paulo metropolitan area has almost 13 milion people and I keep an eye open to avoid meeting people I don't want to see me in heels...

Kneehighs you're da man! Meet a girl 2.5 years later and she remembers your eyes and heels!!! What did you do to her that time?:thumbsup:

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight I found myself at a club at 100 Lafayette. Upon entering, I was wearing a Kenneth Cole creme colored tunic, a Cloak vest, dark indigo blue Urban Outfitters Straight Leg jeans, 4" Nine West pumps, and TO PERSONALIZE my look, I added 2 necklaces, which gave the look a bohemian feel. The bouncer at the door said, "I like your outfit," which had to include my pumps, since they were blatantly within view. At the beginning of the night, I was scrolling through my text messages and stumbled upon an old text message from a girl who I met on the sidewalks of New York. We had a date at Pylos at 9:00 and she texted, "Running late...broken heel, sure you understand" Ha! What a memory. Anyway, the night got really interesting when I approached a girl in gladiator sandals and opened with ,"It's just not fair..." "Just not fair what?" she replied. "Compare my shoes with yours" and I did the obligatory toe box comparison. She started to laugh out loud -- literally. Then she bent down to look at the heels and asked me how high they were. Immediately thereafter, she motioned her male friend over. At this point I didn't know what to expect, but this is where the story really gets juicy. He asked me, "How the hell can you wear those heels? I've worn heels before...." "Really, for Halloween or just for Business As Usual social stuff?" I asked. "On a regular night out. It's 2008 man...we only live once and I might as well have fun living my life the way I want to..." Very cool. Another man who has worn high heels! The girl soon went on to discuss heels with me, warning me against trying certain brands, lest I become addicted. He was also really cool about my Nine West 4" black pumps. He said not a lot of guys can pull of the look as they might wind up looking like a rhino on toothpicks....but that's besides the point. Hopefully this guy is inspired to wear heels again as result of meeting me tonight. Can't wait to explore the London nightlife in September when I'm there. It's ALWAYS a ball!

Kneehighs... What a great night for you. And to meet another man who wears high heels and talks openly to you about them. You are lucky to have met this couple and their openess about wearing high heels. Congratulations on your evening.

Kneehighs:-) Another inspiring story from you. Congrats again. You certainly are an amazing heel wearing and dashing fellow who continues to inspire both male and females on wearing heels. Hopefully you have awakened the desire in that one male to start wearing heels again.:o Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I think I have the phrase that fits kneehighs well :cool1: "the streets, the great unknown, these are the continuing stories of kneehighs, his everyday mission, to meet unusual new women, seek out new parteners and more heels, and to boldly heel where no man has heeled before" trekkieish but hey it works :o i swear it's going to be sigged :-? needs a tv show we can call "heel trek"

I think I have the phrase that fits kneehighs well :cool1:

"the streets, the great unknown, these are the continuing stories of kneehighs, his everyday mission, to meet strange new women, seek out new parteners and more heels, and to boldly heel where no man has heeled before"

Good prologue. I would, however, take out the word "strange." To me, it would mean that kneehighs has an attraction for "strange" women....meaning "different" or "unusual" -- "different from normal." While we all know that kh does tend toward "unusual" women :-?, we'd prefer to think his attraction is universal the "entire" female population of the earth and not just a few...

Let's type cast him. :o

• 3 weeks later...

I generally find it somewhat tedious to recount all my adventures over and over, so I keep the posts to a minimum here to present you with the more interesting adventures I've had.

Last night definitely qualified as interesting. I decided to go out wearing a grey French Connection top with a neck bow, a black Zara ruffled vest worn over the French Connection top, black shorts, and black 4" Nine West pumps. Yes, you read that right, shorts with pumps--it was a kneehighs first. HERE is picture some random girl took for me on the street.

Since wearing shorts and stilettos is quite risque, I decided to experiment with this look in an environment where safety was my primary concern. I figured I first started wearing heels openly at goth clubs, so I would revisit the environment that nurtured the commencement of my public freestyling way back in 2002. I jumped in a cab and off I went.

I soon discovered that not much really changes even when you are wearing stilettos with shorts. In that picture, you saw my bare leg and the 5" pump clad foot of the promoter of last night's party. She said I looked "really pretty" which isn't exactly the response I necessarily seek, but a positive response nonetheless and really, what should I expect wearing pumps and shorts?

The first girl I approached for the evening was a blonde standing by a pillar. We chatted for about one nano-second before she decided to go somewhere else. At first I didn't know what to think about her sudden departure, but being the persistent individual that I am, I re-approached her later on in the evening. I opened with ,"we had such a deep conversation last time we talked, I can't believe I didn't even get your name..." and the from thereon, I had a buddy for the night. The obligatory shoe comparison was done too and within minutes, we both were laughing in stitches over all sorts of fun things we talked about. My heels oddly never became a topic of conversation.

While at the bar I noticed a damsel in distress. She was trying to get a drink, but being overlooked by the bartender. I cracked some conversation with her too. Turns out she was a promoter too, but for another night. I said, "How dare she make you wait so long for a drink?" and that got a laugh from her. After about five minutes she was still waiting for her drink, and since I didn't share her problem with the bartender, I motioned the bartender over and ordered her drink for her. That set her free, but not without doing the obligatory shoe comparison..

By the way, I never opened with the usual line, "my shoes are pointier than yours," last night. It was strictly ad lib introductions last night. Here is the last shoe comparison test I did last night. I have several photos of my myself with the girls, but I look terrible in them (my neck looks like a wrinkled Shar-Pei and it's not really).

So I decided to leave Tribeca, but not without first jumping in a cab to quickly check out the scene in the Meat Packing District. The scene there is so old and over now, but its always good for some weekend night sight seeing. Wow! 95% of the girls must have been wearing stilettos. It was fun walking up Greenwich Street past a group of 5 girls. The girl at the front of the group smiled at me as I approached. Two guys approached me and asked me which way to "the p[expletive term deleted by kneehighs]?" Good thing to know that guys still presumably thought I was straight despite being in stilettos and shorts.

Overall, it was a good night. Will I wear shorts and stiletto pumps again? Maybe. It was a lot of fun to be honest. Truthfully, I did it because it's seasonally justified in summer time. It's a "summery" look and one that I can't really see myself wearing any other season. Wearing shorts and stilettos is by no means necessary to amp up my freestyling experience.

p.s. One note. For those that think the only time I wear stilettos is at night, there are plenty of posts in this thread about my wearing stilettos during daylight too...it's just these night life posts are more "sexy" and memorable and thus easier to recall.

Thanks for sharing. kh. Congratulations on another "push" at the envelope. (I also have experience wearing shorts with women's shoes....not, however, stilettos though. Sandals and peep toe wedgies. -- also in daylight.)