The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

girl from Boston from Boston was looking cute. She liked my Stuart Weitzman pumps. Interesting how much easier getting good feedback in the real world is than online:

Hi Kneehighs, that's a statement of the obvious - in person one may or may not, have charm personality and charisma - depending on who you are and people who meet and interact with you can make their decison on a lot more, on the whole person and the image confidence etc portrayed - whereas, there's a lot of very negative associations with men who use the internet a lot. Hey it's Sunday afternoon, the weather's lovely and what am I doing?!!!

shyguy thanks

...Hi Kneehighs, that's a statement of the obvious - in person one may or may not, have charm personality and charisma - depending on who you are and people who meet and interact with you can make their decison on a lot more, on the whole person and the image confidence etc portrayed - whereas, there's a lot of very negative associations with men who use the internet a lot...

Oh, like you, I've known that for a long time too (the idea of a man in heels vs. the reality). :roll: It still amazes and interests me though. This is a Peter Steiner cartoon from the July 5, 1993 edition of The New Yorker, that touches upon the differences of real world and online communication:

Posted Image

...Hey it's Sunday afternoon, the weather's lovely and what am I doing?!!!

Ha! The weather was lovely today here in ny too. After some brunch, I went to PS 1, which is a former public school which has been converted into a 4 floor art exhibition--roof included. That was fun. From there, went to the docks at Long Island City and enjoyed the sun, the breeze, and fresh squeezed banana, strawberry, and orange juice. Relaxing..

Posted Image

Here is another pic.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Oh boy, you are truly lucky to have NYC on your doorstep,I absolutely love the place, my wife & I are long overdue a trip to the big apple, we used to go every couple of years on the run up to Christmas, however, children do tend to put a dent in your lifestyle, let alone your budgets--not that I regret that decision of course. Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Finally, hhplace's first video clip of a member Freestyling. Unfortunately, my "camera man" and I weren't able to get out until 8 pm when it was getting dark. Hoping that next time I can get some better videos of broad daylight freestyling.

In this clip, I am wearing some Seven jeans, black Cloak shirt, and pointy stiletto Bandolino boots. I don't have a very sexy and feminine walk, so don't be caught aghast at the video. :roll:

My next goal is to get a video up of myself in broad daylight in stiletto boots and pumps. Then the goal after that will be to get better quality video, but I am no video expert. Until then, this rudimentary clip will have to do.

It does demonstrate that no one looks, in fact, the whole evening I was walking the street, I don't think I got a single "stalled, rubber neck double take" And that is during the evening. All the reports that you've heard of very few people noticing or taking the pains to go out of their way and do a "double take" are actually quite true, which this video hopefully demonstrates.

More to come...

Hello Kneehighs, Youtube is saying this is a private video and that the user must send a 'friend request' to view it. I presume this was unintentional as you've posted the link here so can you make it a public vid?? Thanks!! Shoeiee

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

I can confirm that no tricks were used, as I happened to be on that square when that video was taken :roll: People really don't bat an eye!! That's just a fact. You really need to be standing on a soapbox yelling "LOOK AT MY HEELS" before you get any attention. Even then I doubt the attention would be only lukewarm. B

What's all the fuss about?

Well done, kneehighs, wish more of us would post video clips. I often wonder what others look like when they walk along in heels. I was intrigued by your statement: "I don't have a very sexy and feminine walk, so don't be caught aghast at the video." I'm not sure what you meant. When members here write about outings in higher heels than I can negotiate, I wonder what the stride looks like. In this short clip, you appear to be totally natural and comfortable in your gait. Mine is similar, just shorter strides than I would take with flats. I look forward to the next one!

Good video clip kneehighs, I was watching around you for reactions, nothing at all. You walk very naturally though, so I guess no one had reason to look down to see what you wore on your feet. Thanks for sharing the video.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Awesome clip, kneehighs! It just goes to show that it is totally possible to be free and natural in a pair of heels! Just act like it's an everyday thing and that you wear them all the time (which we know most do), and not-a-problem! BRAVO!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

:rofl: - For a second there I thought you added your own marching music to the clip. :oops: I've already met you in person so you don't need me telling you how natural you make it look! :roll: I think this will be quite a convincing clip to the guys out there sceptical about going out in public in their heels! :wink:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Excellent video Kneehighs, I have many times worn heeled boots out & around central London, athough they are usually a bit more block-heeled than your stiletto's. The one time that I did wear stiletto boots was in Ikea at Brent-Park, I was really nervous at first, but apart from a couple of minor glances, no real reactions at all. Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Loved the video clip, Kneehighs. You looked like a natural. After watching it, I immediately decided to slip on my new pointy 4" Nine West stiletto pumps and went to lunch at Quizno's. I was wearing Seven jeans, a new white blazer from Express and a white knit shirt. I strolled into the restaruant like I owned the place, stood in line to order with a lot of people in front and sitting all around. I got the food and chose to sit at the high tables with stool seating to provide a better view of my heels to anyone who looked my way. Of course, no one did. But I enjoyed it and was certainly motivated by Kneehighs video.

I can confirm that no tricks were used, as I happened to be on that square when that video was taken :roll:

People really don't bat an eye!! That's just a fact.

You really need to be standing on a soapbox yelling "LOOK AT MY HEELS" before you get any attention. Even then I doubt the attention would be only lukewarm.

B

Hi Bert,

that's exactly my impression! In London in the underground at the heels meeting I never earned any comment on my heels. My turkish neighbours have also calmed down, meanwhile they have accustomed to the crazy guy on women's shoes.

Today my door bell was ringing. The girl of the floor below was standing in front of my door. Two days ago I accepted two parcels for her from DHL. The post clerk put a message into her mail box. I simply opened the door despite just wearing Miss-Sixty drainpipe jeans and 4'' Jlo boots. For a short moment she looked a little bit confused down on my feet. But nevertheless she behaved very nice :wink:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• 1 month later...

Today I lounged into Barnes and Noble wearing this outfit exactly as pictured.

Ordered my chocolate mocha, sat down in the cafe, went online and enjoyed myself for the next three hours. According to a friend, this Barnes and Noble is supposed to be a Hot Spot for singles, so the scenery is always interesting to watch. One girl was dressed in a black knee length skirt and croco print pumps.

All of the tables in the cafe were taken, except for three spots next to me. So a group of three girls had to sit next to me. I rested my left foot under my leg exposing my pump to the girl next to me before she sat down. No response. All she did was let her hair down from the pony tail it was in.

After leaving Barnes and Noble, I went to Whole Foods Market. Instead of cooking for myself tonight, I treated myself to their salad bar. Great stuff.

Went down the steps to the subway in my pumps. Still no real double takes. On the subway, I overheard an African American woman say to her male friend, "I've never seen that before." It wasn't said with a derogatory tone of voice and it didn't make me feel uncomfortable. They were looking discretely in my direction.

At Penn Station, I encountered some entertainment. Walked through the main terminal area, no problem. Then when I walked up to a pillar in the middle of the crowd to rest for a minute, a Latin American girl dressed in all black and laughing real loudly came up behind me. Her mannerisms were turning heads as she was loud. She came up to within six feet of me and did the usual "jump into position."

This "jump into position" I've seen before when someone notices my stilettos. A girl will walk towards me, stand close, and jump as if to non-verbally communicate "this is where the guy is at."

Anyhow, she was laughing loudly. The guy who had a jersey that ran all the way to his knees wasn't really laughing, but he did have a cell phone out. Then, when I wasn't looking, the flash went off. I knew they had snapped a pic of me. So I looked right over at the guy, but instead of returning my welcome, he was looking at the pic on his phone. Apparently, it didn't turn out.

Since they were so rude about getting a pic of me, I walked around the pillar so they would have to make it obvious they wanted a pic by standing in front of me. When I walked away, the girl said, "se fue" (spelling), which translated means, "He's gone"

If they would have had the decency to approach me with respect, I would have obliged with a pose.

The day in pumps proved a tremendous success overall. I felt comfortable wearing them out in the open, even when the loud girl came around. She would have annoyed me with her mannerisms even if I wasn't in heels.

I recall once I was wearing 4" stiletto boots with long jeans, while stopped in the middle of a downtown crosswalk awaiting the light to change. On the opposite side was a young man with a surprised expression looking at my footwear. As the signal changed and I started to walk forward, I saw him pull out his phonecam and click a picture. I was headed a slightly different direction, but came within 10 feet of him. No further exchanges between us occurred, but I've often wondered if his photo turned out and what he would ever do with it.

^ Yeah, I wonder what people do with cell phone camera pics too? I had a couple of people in Paris snap shots of me. They did so respectfully though. So overall, it didn't bother me. If someone asked me for a pic, I'd have fun with it and give em my best pose too.

Hello Kneehigh. I"m glad to be in return. Hopefully I can keep track with the activity this time and perhaps if fortune choses me, I can join the Amsterdam meeting. Just thought that this thread would be the best to traffic constant updates. I hope to be of service to increase male popularity on high heels. I find these styles so adorable as elegant that I feel to take up the quill and write articles about it. Yes yes they spoil me pink, and I have turned into a writer. All I need is to learn a way to inject my proses unfiltered into the minds of the dear reader. With this talent, I may be able to serve HH Place.org. What do you think?

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

Hello Kneehigh. I"m glad to be in return. Hopefully I can keep track with the activity this time and perhaps if fortune choses me, I can join the Amsterdam meeting.

Just thought that this thread would be the best to traffic constant updates. I hope to be of service to increase male popularity on high heels. I find these styles so adorable as elegant that I feel to take up the quill and write articles about it.

Yes yes they spoil me pink, and I have turned into a writer. All I need is to learn a way to inject my proses unfiltered into the minds of the dear reader.

With this talent, I may be able to serve HH Place.org. What do you think?

Hey Zero!

Glad to see that you are still around. I hope you can make it up from The Hague to Amsterdam. Last I heard, the train ride was only 8 euros and the ride was about 45 minutes. I would love to meet you in Amsterdam!

As far as your budding writing skills, there is no doubt room for that here! Thats what we do. I was thinking about writing a letter to the editor at the Village Voice about my experience at Penn Station with the girl who was laughing loudly. While I don't mind being noticed, or photographed, I do mind when people find a man in heels soo amusing, that they react rudely like she did.

With your enthusiasm, I'm sure you could up with many interesting ways to express your interest through your writing :roll:

Great read, kneehighs! I too have been the subject of cellphone shutterbugs when I was in the high end shopping district of Rome and also in Sienna.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

A couple of people have snapped cellphone pics of me, usually when I was wearing my full-length ankle skirt, though, not heels.

It's a great skirt, by the way, found on eBay, black denim, 40", with the fly to the right, 5 pockets, and belt loops. From the crotch up it looks like a normal pair of jeans, and standing or sitting at the bar, most people never notice it at all. It's when I'm walking in, or going up/down stairs that most people notice.

On a completely different note, if your heels hurt your feet, this might help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMzTtgZ7E5w&search=men%20heels

Hey Zero!

Glad to see that you are still around. I hope you can make it up from The Hague to Amsterdam. Last I heard, the train ride was only 8 euros and the ride was about 45 minutes. I would love to meet you in Amsterdam!

As far as your budding writing skills, there is no doubt room for that here! Thats what we do. I was thinking about writing a letter to the editor at the Village Voice about my experience at Penn Station with the girl who was laughing loudly. While I don't mind being noticed, or photographed, I do mind when people find a man in heels soo amusing, that they react rudely like she did.

With your enthusiasm, I'm sure you could up with many interesting ways to express your interest through your writing :roll:

To experience full flavour on heels, I blend with certain people who have a touchy way of influence within their daily surroundings. I chat with those who fancy, I discuss with those who argue, and I guide those toward correct perspectives who have questions. The offensive minds are to ignore, as I continue to walk forward onto the path of glamorous movement. I like the sight and sound of my new boots, in which I soon collect sharable photoes of, and I have captured a lot of female fancy during all times I put my public display. Of course the hint of whispering remains unchecked and inconsolable at times, but I never make it worse. I manage to remove the festering pustules on the face of art and fashion, to as you all do too, restore the free minds we had plenty in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

As you clearly notice, wide eyes allow us to gain images of returning fashions, such as vintage, and even the Marylin Monroe sway. With that, I combine my aristocratic and dark French appearances into a new image in the hopes to start a new collection.

About the Village Voice, do you have a link directing toward an online display, dear Kneehigh?

Also, if you desire me to be at disposal of writing articles are other content regarding our taste for footwear, simply send me a homing pidgeon to my email which is zero@empyrrian.com (if not found in my profile that is).

I do have to check, by the way, if possibilities serve me an open slot on the Saturday Amsterdam Meeting. Otherwise I have to make a sacrificial selection of what content should fill my day then.

Nevertheless,

It is good to be back again.

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, as you all know, I just got back from Amsterdam and Prague. But before I get to that, here is a pic of a friend and I. Yes, he is in heels too and is also a member of this forum.

New York City 2006

Posted Image

Amsterdam 2006

There's nothing like getting on a plane and jet setting off for some international travel. This time, my travels were taking me to Amsterdam and Prague. And Amsterdam did not disappoint.

Obviously, the heel meet was one thing I was looking forward too. While waiting for a3, we saw this beauty walking by:

Posted Image

Then, while waiting for the rain to go away, all of us saw this beauty in heels. I was totally digging the strap on her shoulder bag.

Posted Image

Finally, at night in Rembrantplein, admirer5577, ramon020 and I all saw this girl.

Posted Image

Then at the end of the night, I saw this.

Posted Image

ooopps, that last pic was of me.

More later...