The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

On 11/6/2020 at 11:55 AM, kneehighs said:

This is my final good bye post for hhplace, in the remote chance it'll impacty anyone reading.

First, we live in an increasingly decentralized world.  Instead of relying on centralized sources for information, a new social media world that is very LGBTQ friendly, with way more protections than exist here has blossomed since 2006.  Social media is very LGBTQ friendly.  The protections are like an umbrella and spill over to men who wear heels.  In 2006, there weren't many online community options for men who wear heels as men.  In 2020, there doesn't even need to be special options anymore.  Men in heels in such an integrated part into society's expectation for what is normal, it's astonishing.  And the information is decentralized.  On Instagram a search for the #heelsformen hashtag pulls up 2,256, #meninheelsevent hashtag pulls up 128 posts and #meninheels pulls up 64,803 posts.  On TikTok a search for #meninheels, pulls up 50.5 million views.  That's 33,180 views per day on average since TikTok's inception in September of 2016.  Why spend time creating content for hhplace when I could create content for my own audience and possibly even monetize it, or at worst, get free product?

Second, on a more specific forum note, locking up JeffB's thread was the straw that broke the camels back for me.  Locking up Thighbootguy's thread set the stage.  Cancel Culture times two, literally.  In 2006, hhplace's landing page used to say, "Whether you're a man, a woman, or in between, whether you wear high heels yourself or just like the looks of them.  It doesn't matter, you've come to the right place".  How times have changed.

Some may rationalize this is a forum for both men and women.   It's like because that's what they say, they reality follows.  That is not the case at all. The reality is men create the bulk of content that creates the page views, page clicks, and what little advertising revenue this site generates.  And with the huge number of options available to females in the digital age, the probability they'll plant a flag at hhplace is low.  That's the reality.  For me, Tech's bat bashing, bull in a china shop mouth is no longer worth tolerating.  He has never taken personal responsibility for his bat bashing, bull in a china shop mouth.  He will no doubt say I'm being too sensitive, or misinterpreting his statements, or find some way to point the finger back at me.  I guarantee it.  Yo man, take responsibility for your reckelss mouth.  The pattern hasn't changed since 2006.  Tech rocks the boat when there is no need to rock the boat.  Besides his professional contributions to keeping the site running, his unruly mouth knows no bottom.

I'm not going to build someone elses audience, page views, page clicks when my voice means little to such a reckless mouth.

May hhplace live well on into the future.  I wish no ill will on anyone here, but after nearly 20 years here, multiple in Real Life Heel Meets, and lots of evangelizing, my time here has expired.

Best,

Kneehighs

hhplace November 2006.png

I've been reading your posts for 18-19 years years, Kneehighs, and I will miss them. We even had dinner in NYC many years ago. Your posts have been interesting and fashion-centric, which I like, although I agree, the forum is no longer a unique gathering place like it once was. Heels for men is a rather widespread phenomena now.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

On 11/6/2020 at 7:55 PM, kneehighs said:

This is my final good bye post for hhplace, in the remote chance it'll impacty anyone reading.

First, we live in an increasingly decentralized world.  Instead of relying on centralized sources for information, a new social media world that is very LGBTQ friendly, with way more protections than exist here has blossomed since 2006.  Social media is very LGBTQ friendly.  The protections are like an umbrella and spill over to men who wear heels.  In 2006, there weren't many online community options for men who wear heels as men.  In 2020, there doesn't even need to be special options anymore.  Men in heels in such an integrated part into society's expectation for what is normal, it's astonishing.  And the information is decentralized.  On Instagram a search for the #heelsformen hashtag pulls up 2,256, #meninheelsevent hashtag pulls up 128 posts and #meninheels pulls up 64,803 posts.  On TikTok a search for #meninheels, pulls up 50.5 million views.  That's 33,180 views per day on average since TikTok's inception in September of 2016.  Why spend time creating content for hhplace when I could create content for my own audience and possibly even monetize it, or at worst, get free product?

Second, on a more specific forum note, locking up JeffB's thread was the straw that broke the camels back for me.  Locking up Thighbootguy's thread set the stage.  Cancel Culture times two, literally.  In 2006, hhplace's landing page used to say, "Whether you're a man, a woman, or in between, whether you wear high heels yourself or just like the looks of them.  It doesn't matter, you've come to the right place".  How times have changed.

Some may rationalize this is a forum for both men and women.   It's like because that's what they say, they reality follows.  That is not the case at all. The reality is men create the bulk of content that creates the page views, page clicks, and what little advertising revenue this site generates.  And with the huge number of options available to females in the digital age, the probability they'll plant a flag at hhplace is low.  That's the reality.  For me, Tech's bat bashing, bull in a china shop mouth is no longer worth tolerating.  He has never taken personal responsibility for his bat bashing, bull in a china shop mouth.  He will no doubt say I'm being too sensitive, or misinterpreting his statements, or find some way to point the finger back at me.  I guarantee it.  Yo man, take responsibility for your reckelss mouth.  The pattern hasn't changed since 2006.  Tech rocks the boat when there is no need to rock the boat.  Besides his professional contributions to keeping the site running, his unruly mouth knows no bottom.

I'm not going to build someone elses audience, page views, page clicks when my voice means little to such a reckless mouth.

May hhplace live well on into the future.  I wish no ill will on anyone here, but after nearly 20 years here, multiple in Real Life Heel Meets, and lots of evangelizing, my time here has expired.

Best,

Kneehighs

hhplace November 2006.png

I hope you still read this kneehighs

I have you as friend after all these years in hhplace.

I do understand your message. People change, society changes, this forum is private and has rules set by the owner.

I'm not posting too frequently here, I do crossdress sometimes and I'm free to do what I want. If the owner doesn't like it, patience, I won't post anything that offends him and his policy, and I understand his side. Other places and forums are not always welcoming to people that are only interested in fashion and there's a tendency of going to the fetish side. Human relations are complex.

But I like this place because I met genuine people that taught me that wearing heels (or anything else) is not harmful and, the opposite, it's good for the soul. So I'll keep coming and try to encourage more people to wearing heels.

Keep up mate. I really hope to crossroads with you in real life one day.

Feeling a bit sad, sorry... it's like a part of me that disappeared.

Flavio 

For Tech - I really would like if a part of the forum were dedicated to non-binary people, like we have for men and women. And that you change the policy to forbid nudity, for example. People are not black and white. I really miss kneehighs, thighbootguy and JeffB. Please, consider.

• Like 2

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

• 6 months later...

Heels for ants. Views for giants.  Positano, Italy.

I've recently taken a liking to Carel France.  Handmade in Italy, France or Spain.  The quality is superb. The girls love them too.

hotelbalconycarels3.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 7

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 6/21/2022 at 6:49 AM, kneehighs said:

Heels for ants. Views for giants.  Positano, Italy.

I've recently taken a liking to Carel France.  Handmade in Italy, France or Spain.  The quality is superb. The girls love them too.

hotelbalconycarels3.jpg

What a beautiful spot!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I moved to Kyiv, Ukraine in July 2021.  I chose Kyiv because it was cheap and because the girl to guy ratio greatly favors men in Kyiv. A "7" in Kyiv would qualify as an "8" almost anywhere else in the world.  Contrary to even my own expectations, women in Kyiv were quite accommodating towards my style preferences.  I had so many girls and so many dates, it became tiresome, literally. 

But Putin had different plans for me. On Feb. 24th I woke up to loud explosions outside my window.  I immediately went outside and it was traffic jams, people frantically packing their cars, elevators were crammed, panic everywhere.  The loud sound of air raid sirens filled the air.   Despite offering the 1/10 Ubers I could hail that morning $1K to drive me to Lviv, everyone said no. The airport was shut, the roads were clogged, there were no car rentals available, no car pools available, nothing. Fortunately, we found a driver from Lutsk, west Ukraine to drive 4 hours to pick us up. On the 26th after crossing 15KM of car lines, I passed the border into Poland. Alive. Touched by war.

I visited Kyiv back in April. It was quite dark.  Road blocks everywhere, military suspicious of everyone. As soon as I exited the train, an officer asked for my passport. Because I had done business in Moscow in the past, I was detained for about an hour. Talk about being scared.  Eventually they let me go, but they were NOT friendly towards me at all.

Now I'm back in Kyiv again to assess the situation.  I'd say the city is 60% back to normal. Anti tank hedgehogs are everywhere still, sand bags forming military check points are everywhere still, but not all in use. Today an air raid siren rang loudly in AM.  People just went about their business here though. Borispol International airport isn't open yet, so it takes a solid 24 hours to commute into our out of the city now. Hardly the efficiency I seek. Not even the sheer number of hot girls can make up for the commute time or create enough reward to outweigh the safety risks.

Attached is a photo from Christmas time of me and a friend enjoying each others company. In Kyiv. Even publicly, general responses in Kyiv before the war to a man in heels were non-existent. People saw, but didn't care.

photo_2022-02-04 23.50.24.jpeg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 7

Perhaps you had better stay in therebecause it's probably safer than New York City these days

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

13 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Just stay safe. Heels are not relevant if you're not around to enjoy them.

Very true. I'm leaving Saturday.

10 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Perhaps you had better stay in therebecause it's probably safer than New York City these days

Haha!  Rhetorically that makes sense.  In reality though, yesterday's air raid siren would beg to differ. 

14 hours ago, Cali said:

Looks like your heels were taller than hers. Stay Safe.

Thanks. Leaving tomorrow.  The city is truly back to 60%. Had lunch at a Greek restaurant today.  Every table in the sidewalk cafe was filled.  

communism / tyranny is bad for children and other living things.  putin and his ilk are murdering war criminals and must be neutralized...

no smiles here.....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 months later...

It was fun.  She took some outfit photos of me wearing black patent pumps.  Also, she looks way better with her hair down (see pic)

I'll see if I can get a video or two posted with sexual/romantic partners later--without violating the forum TOS.  Here's a photo link of a model I went on 4 dates with.  She was drop dead gorgeous.  Funny how she didn't shave, wax, or use laser to remove hair from her legs.  Didn't matter to me.  My 6 cm "heels" are the Alice mary jane from Carel France.

I've found a lot of success dating. Now it's time to create a more stable foundation of Love and Connection me thinks. The hunt for Mrs. Kneehighs shall commence.

Screen Shot 1401-07-04 at 17.21.57.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, kneehighs said:

It was fun.  She took some outfit photos of me wearing black patent pumps.  Also, she looks way better with her hair down (see pic)

I'll see if I can get a video or two posted with sexual/romantic partners later--without violating the forum TOS.  Here's a photo link of a model I went on 4 dates with.  She was drop dead gorgeous.  Funny how she didn't shave, wax, or use laser to remove hair from her legs.  Didn't matter to me.  My 6 cm "heels" are the Alice mary jane from Carel France.

I've found a lot of success dating. Now it's time to create a more stable foundation of Love and Connection me thinks. The hunt for Mrs. Kneehighs shall commence.

Screen Shot 1401-07-04 at 17.21.57.jpg

Well, she sure is a looker buddy.  Have fun, don't rush anything, you will know when you find someone worth long term efforts.  I am assuming these women love the way you look in heels, have a great time!

47 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Well, she sure is a looker buddy.  Have fun, don't rush anything, you will know when you find someone worth long term efforts.  I am assuming these women love the way you look in heels, have a great time!

only thing I'm rushing is getting them into the sack, lol

Kidding. I still haven't figured out a cookie cutter system for which girls are cool with guys in heels. In my experience:

1. Stockholm girls were cool with it 2009-2015. Gender stereotypes were/are less valuable in Stockholm
  2. Girls with good relationships with their dads are almost always open minded about it. 
  3. Ukrainian women were open to it.  Why? they told me b/c I dressed unlike all the other guys in Ukraine.  I have screen shots ad pictures.  Solid 8's and 9's open to it.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 5:20 PM, kneehighs said:

only thing I'm rushing is getting them into the sack, lol

Kidding. I still haven't figured out a cookie cutter system for which girls are cool with guys in heels. In my experience:

1. Stockholm girls were cool with it 2009-2015. Gender stereotypes were/are less valuable in Stockholm
  2. Girls with good relationships with their dads are almost always open minded about it. 
  3. Ukrainian women were open to it.  Why? they told me b/c I dressed unlike all the other guys in Ukraine.  I have screen shots ad pictures.  Solid 8's and 9's open to it.

Well, the sorting process should be fairly straight forward.  You wear heels most all the time, so when you meet women you are probably in heels.  They will show no interest if guys in heels is "not their thing".  Women that strike up a conversation, or respond positively when you engage them, must either be "OK" with guys in heels, or think you look great in heels.  

6 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Forum engagement seems low

Hope this post increases engagement.

Social media really is the new message boards.  

MeinMilano copy.jpg

You really look great, I'm so envious.  I'm sure many women do a "double take"  ( in a good way!) when you walk by.  It is obvious you work hard to take care of yourself, so you deserve to enjoy the rewards!  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Well, the sorting process should be fairly straight forward.  You wear heels most all the time, so when you meet women you are probably in heels.  They will show no interest if guys in heels is "not their thing".  Women that strike up a conversation, or respond positively when you engage them, must either be "OK" with guys in heels, or think you look great in heels.  

You really look great, I'm so envious.  I'm sure many women do a "double take"  ( in a good way!) when you walk by.  It is obvious you work hard to take care of yourself, so you deserve to enjoy the rewards!  

Thanks for the kind words Pebbles.  For what it's worth, I don't wear heels most all the time. Heels to me are just another fashion accessory, that I give myself permission to enjoy when and where I want. They're not obligatory.

Regarding the sorting process for a long term relationship, it starts with a girl who doesn't see the heels as a "red flag".   That requires a girl knowing her own needs and boundaries. Many don't. Therein lies the sorting challenge. Finding a woman who has a healthy relationship with her own needs and dreams rooted in childhood (many girls and guys are clueless), then incorporating our needs cooperatively together into an interdependent (and independent) emotional home.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kneehighs said:

Thanks for the kind words Pebbles.  For what it's worth, I don't wear heels most all the time. Heels to me are just another fashion accessory, that I give myself permission to enjoy when and where I want. They're not obligatory.

Regarding the sorting process for a long term relationship, it starts with a girl who doesn't see the heels as a "red flag".   That requires a girl knowing her own needs and boundaries. Many don't. Therein lies the sorting challenge. Finding a woman who has a healthy relationship with her own needs and dreams rooted in childhood (many girls and guys are clueless), then incorporating our needs cooperatively together into an interdependent (and independent) emotional home.

I guess I figured you wear heels during many "social occasions" when you meet women, sorry to make that assumption.  I agree, you don't want to waste time with women that see your heels as a "red flag".  I guess the point I was trying to make was that social interactions with women that considered your heels as a red flag would not go far, helping with the sorting process.  Unfortunately, you won't be able to discover much about those more complex emotions/feelings, without spending some time (a few dates) with a particular woman.  

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 11:49 AM, pebblesf said:

I guess I figured you wear heels during many "social occasions" when you meet women, sorry to make that assumption.  I agree, you don't want to waste time with women that see your heels as a "red flag".  I guess the point I was trying to make was that social interactions with women that considered your heels as a red flag would not go far, helping with the sorting process.  Unfortunately, you won't be able to discover much about those more complex emotions/feelings, without spending some time (a few dates) with a particular woman.  

I do wear heels out a lot with girls, but only if I'm in the mood. Sometimes it's just my Carel mary janes a few posts above. No worries about the assumption.  And true about risking time with girls when in the end, heels may be a deal killer.

Rooftop last night. I wore a Zara pinstriped pantsuit with matching double breasted jacket. White satin button down. Gucci belt. And black patent pumps. My perfume was Chanel No. 5 (b/c I have matching shower gel, body cream, hair spray, hand cream--for special occassions or visitors).

EDIT: I forgot to add while I was waiting at the elevator for my friend to leave to leave the bathroom, a mixed group of girls and guys came to wait for the elevator too.  The alpha female of the group came up and put her pumps right up against mine. "I love your shoes...slight pause...and I love your coat too."  Later when an elevator arrived, she asked me if I was going down with her. lol.

rooftop date patent pumps.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kneehighs said:

I do wear heels out a lot with girls, but only if I'm in the mood. Sometimes it's just my Carel mary janes a few posts above. No worries about the assumption.  And true about risking time with girls when in the end, heels may be a deal killer.

Rooftop last night. I wore a Zara pinstriped pantsuit with matching double breasted jacket. White satin button down. Gucci belt. And black patent pumps. My perfume was Chanel No. 5 (b/c I have matching shower gel, body cream, hair spray, hand cream--for special occassions or visitors).

rooftop date patent pumps.jpg

You got it all goin on style wise for sure buddy!  Even I had a nice evening with a friend last night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

You got it all goin on style wise for sure buddy!  Even I had a nice evening with a friend last night

Female "friend" or possible "romantic suitor"? Did you incorporate your heels or just go in traditional menswear?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Female "friend" or possible "romantic suitor"? Did you incorporate your heels or just go in traditional menswear?

Just a friend, she is much younger than myself...  I wore my Nine West knee boots over my tight levis, she had some wild thigh high stiletto boots.  But, we are both boot lovers, and share very similar taste in boots.  She was very impressed that I wore my boots publicly.  I was wanting to take her to dinner, but something was going on and Vegas was very busy.  We ended up driving around in search of a relatively quiet spot where we could talk, none was to be found.  Spoke for hours about our love of boots, the origins that can be traced back to similar childhood experiences.  It was getting late, and I had to get up at 0400, she promised to show me her boot collection someday, which is vast.  Unfortunately, she wears size 9, I wear 10-11s.  I had a great time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

Just a friend, she is much younger than myself...  I wore my Nine West knee boots over my tight levis, she had some wild thigh high stiletto boots.  But, we are both boot lovers, and share very similar taste in boots.  She was very impressed that I wore my boots publicly.  I was wanting to take her to dinner, but something was going on and Vegas was very busy.  We ended up driving around in search of a relatively quiet spot where we could talk, none was to be found.  Spoke for hours about our love of boots, the origins that can be traced back to similar childhood experiences.  It was getting late, and I had to get up at 0400, she promised to show me her boot collection someday, which is vast.  Unfortunately, she wears size 9, I wear 10-11s.  I had a great time

It would be lovely to chat with someone who shared a love of boots, and from similar experiences and viewpoints. What a nice evening that must have been

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shyheels said:

It would be lovely to chat with someone who shared a love of boots, and from similar experiences and viewpoints. What a nice evening that must have been

Absolutely, I feel very fortunate to have made a special friend, hoping I can see her collection someday!  

19 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Sounds like a wholesome connection over a mutual shared interest was made for both of you.  An open minded girl to boot too.

I'm intrigued. How was your childhood experience similar to hers?  I'm guessing wearing her mother's shoes or a big sisters shoes around the house?  

On 6/23/2014 at 7:06 PM, kneehighs said:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/20/clothes-aren-t-for-men-and-women-anymore-they-re-just-for-people.html

Best quote from the above link is from Valerie Steele:

“Clothing, fashion and adornment distinguish—they identify who you are. And one of the primary things we’ve identified, that we’ve wanted to identify, is our gender,” Valerie Steele, director of the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology, says. “But now, for a number of men and women, gender has become something that’s not so important for them to emphasize in their clothing. They feel there needs to be something that people can wear just as people.”

Our culture has reached what Time magazine recently called A Transgender Tipping Point.

We are now in the age of gender tolerance.

Go forth and wear what you want.

Damn. Nailed it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Sounds like a wholesome connection over a mutual shared interest was made for both of you.  An open minded girl to boot too.

I'm intrigued. How was your childhood experience similar to hers?  I'm guessing wearing her mother's shoes or a big sisters shoes around the house?  

Damn. Nailed it.

Yes, wearing mother's/sister's boots alone at home.  Seeing girl's and teachers in boots.  First pairs owned, purging, similar taste in boot styles, etc

22 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Absolutely, I feel very fortunate to have made a special friend, hoping I can see her collection someday!