The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

3 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

But women pair heels with overalls:  

On topic: She looks great!  That's Arielle Charnas, otherwise known as Something Navy. 

Off topic: She's controversial for her quarantine practices after testing positive for Covid.  Her husband is in commercial real estate.  Wondering how he's adapting to the dramatic drop in demand for commercial real estate in NYC.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 8/28/2020 at 11:32 PM, p1ng74 said:

Exactly, I find heels more comfortable than flat men’s shoes.  

I have been home for several months now, few if any chances to wear my boots.  I have noticed foot pain that seems to be increasing, especially when walking with no shoes/sneaks.  It will be interesting to see if the pain subsided a bit next month when I return to work and my boots....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

[Picture me looking over my glasses] Mr. P1ng74, you are being willfully obtuse. 😆😆😆

Yeah I know what you are trying to say, but it's funny you mention overalls.  I've never worn genuine overall pants, but I've taken a recent interest to them.  I know some people think of them as just practical clothing, and it's probably always going to be a casual look even when deliberately worn for fashion.  But since I won't exactly be going into an office any time soon, I figured now is a good a time as any to look into incorporating it into my wardrobe.  They should be arriving today... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Yeah I know what you are trying to say, but it's funny you mention overalls.  I've never worn genuine overall pants, but I've taken a recent interest to them.  I know some people think of them as just practical clothing, and it's probably always going to be a casual look even when deliberately worn for fashion.  But since I won't exactly be going into an office any time soon, I figured now is a good a time as any to look into incorporating it into my wardrobe.  They should be arriving today... 

This goes without saying, but the bib overalls I wear to work barely resemble anything worn by women for fashion, hence my "looking over my glasses" comment. If I were to ever wear overalls with heels, and that's a big "if," they would certainly be tailored in such a way that would most likely make them unsuitable for actual work. I really don't have a good picture of me wearing my work clothing, but this will have to do. Everything is generously cut. In case there is any doubt, I am the guy in the middle in the lime green shirt. We were cutting over a panel to permanent power, and were under time constraints. In other words, pressure. I have no idea who snapped this picture, but I have to thank them, because it's one of the few I have showing what I do for a living. Usually, it's not nearly this dramatic, however.

OverallsWorking.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

This goes without saying, but the bib overalls I wear to work barely resemble anything worn by women for fashion, hence my "looking over my glasses" comment. If I were to ever wear overalls with heels, and that's a big "if," they would certainly be tailored in such a way that would most likely make them unsuitable for actual work. I really don't have a good picture of me wearing my work clothing, but this will have to do. Everything is generously cut. In case there is any doubt, I am the guy in the middle in the lime green shirt. We were cutting over a panel to permanent power, and were under time constraints. In other words, pressure. I have no idea who snapped this picture, but I have to thank them, because it's one of the few I have showing what I do for a living. Usually, it's not nearly this dramatic, however.

OverallsWorking.jpg

What No Arc Flash PPE????

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Henri1942 said:

What No Arc Flash PPE????

The equipment was de-energized. Although somebody did have to wear the arc flash suit to check with a voltage meter to make sure it WAS, in fact, de-energized. Newer best practices basically don't let us work on anything energized anymore.

17 hours ago, Heelster said:

With three guys in a panel like that, there better be no power in the panel, and under Lockout / Tagout !!

Yes, we followed proper lockout/tagout procedures, which in that place is a little more complicated than it sounds. It's a pain in the neck, but I do not miss the days when we were expected to work everything live. Some of the rules are silly, but you'll have that on these big jobs. :wink:

I think mlroseplant and others involved with high power electrics will like this film. I remember it from my childhood when it was shown as a colour test film in the UK at the start of our colour service in 1967. It seems quaint now but TV in the UK wouldn't be 24/7 for a number of years so these "Trade Test" films were used to help TV dealers. We couldn't afford colour back then so I saw them in glorious black and white. The work looks more like nuclear research than a power station.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

The equipment was de-energized. Although somebody did have to wear the arc flash suit to check with a voltage meter to make sure it WAS, in fact, de-energized. Newer best practices basically don't let us work on anything energized anymore.

Yes, we followed proper lockout/tagout procedures, which in that place is a little more complicated than it sounds. It's a pain in the neck, but I do not miss the days when we were expected to work everything live. Some of the rules are silly, but you'll have that on these big jobs. :wink:

Glad all are working SAFE.  

On 9/8/2020 at 6:10 PM, mlroseplant said:

This goes without saying, but the bib overalls I wear to work barely resemble anything worn by women for fashion, hence my "looking over my glasses" comment. If I were to ever wear overalls with heels, and that's a big "if," they would certainly be tailored in such a way that would most likely make them unsuitable for actual work. I really don't have a good picture of me wearing my work clothing, but this will have to do. Everything is generously cut. 

I wish there was a happy medium, somewhere in between.  Work wear seems generously cut because they are trying to do "1 size fits all" or maybe "S, M, L, XL fits all" and slim people like you and me get totally swallowed in work clothing.  My hobbies usually involve MOVING machinery so baggy clothing actually is a hazard!  I'm not into skin-tight clothing, even for fashion - I just want something that actually fits my body, even if it's for work.  Life is too short to look crappy while working.  

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 4:42 AM, mlroseplant said:

I worked as a HVAC tech for years. We had to shut down variable frequency drives, (VFD), on an air handler to chance settings  in each VFD. It was in a hospital and they would not let us shut the unit down as it was for a critical area. The unit had multiple motors and multiple VFD's, 480 volt, 3 phase power. I pulled the fuses  the unit running, one motor at a time, (pulling one fuse would trip the VFD out on phase loss, but it would stay powered up so we could change the programming), reprogrammed the VFD and put the fuse back in. I wore an arc flash glove, and stood off to the side. I was standing there, ready to pop the fuse back in and one of the maintenance guys from the hospital came up and stood right in front of the panel. I stopped and asked him what he was doing and if he had ever seen or heard of arc flash. His brain kicked in and he walked away. It all went without a hitch, but it was a but nerve racking!

Edited by Pumped
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I wish there was a happy medium, somewhere in between.  Work wear seems generously cut because they are trying to do "1 size fits all" or maybe "S, M, L, XL fits all" and slim people like you and me get totally swallowed in work clothing.  My hobbies usually involve MOVING machinery so baggy clothing actually is a hazard!  I'm not into skin-tight clothing, even for fashion - I just want something that actually fits my body, even if it's for work.  Life is too short to look crappy while working.  

It's funny you should mention it, because I have to have all my work clothing altered. At least I know a gal.  .  .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally starting to explore the city a bit more since the March lockdowns took effect.

While I've been out a few times for dinner, today marked the first time I actually went out for 2 days back to back.  We rode a moped from Long Island City Queens to DUMBO, Brooklyn...then back to Long Island City.  In between, we explored some abandoned subway cars in an abandoned rail yard in Long Island City.   Wearing heels with a passenger wasn't worth the safety risk.  But I did wear my women's patent flats for which she complimented me.

She obliged my request to bring her patent stiletto pumps along though, which made for some excitement.

EDIT: the bottom photo was actually taken within view of the Manhattan skyline.  It's in a totally obscure location in Long Island City in an abandoned rail track for the MTA.  

1_aj9r8Gyi2diY-owKzLsAow.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Finally starting to explore the city a bit more since the March lockdowns took effect.

While I've been out a few times for dinner, today marked the first time I actually went out for 2 days back to back.  We rode a moped from Long Island City Queens to DUMBO, Brooklyn...then back to Long Island City.  In between, we explored some abandoned subway cars in an abandoned rail yard in Long Island City.   Wearing heels with a passenger wasn't worth the safety risk.  But I did wear my women's patent flats for which she complimented me.

She obliged my request to bring her patent stiletto pumps along though, which made for some excitement.

EDIT: the bottom photo was actually taken within view of the Manhattan skyline.  It's in a totally obscure location in Long Island City in an abandoned rail track for the MTA. 

Those are definitely Instagram-worthy pictures, and in addition, the location is actually interesting. I had no idea there were "abandoned" places on Long Island!

I have had similar misgivings about wearing heels riding a motorbike. I don't know what actual machine you had, but I would not hesitate to wear heels on a scooter (auto transmission with floorboards, rather than footpegs). I really don't enjoy riding a traditional motorcycle, the kind that has footpegs and you shift the gears yourself, in heels. It sounds kind of exciting in theory, but the reality doesn't live up to the fantasy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Those are definitely Instagram-worthy pictures, and in addition, the location is actually interesting. I had no idea there were "abandoned" places on Long Island!

I have had similar misgivings about wearing heels riding a motorbike. I don't know what actual machine you had, but I would not hesitate to wear heels on a scooter (auto transmission with floorboards, rather than footpegs). I really don't enjoy riding a traditional motorcycle, the kind that has footpegs and you shift the gears yourself, in heels. It sounds kind of exciting in theory, but the reality doesn't live up to the fantasy.

Abandoned places in Long Island City.  Long Island City is the western most part of Queens.  It’s distinct from Long Island.  It’s a very common misconception so don’t feel bad.

Regarding the moped type, it was auto transmission with floor boards.  While I I’ve worn heels solo, not only did I have a passenger but I also planned a lot of rough terrain walking for our outing.  So no heels yesterday.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, kneehighs said:

1_aj9r8Gyi2diY-owKzLsAow.jpg

Pretty darn cool. Glad to see you’re back out and about. Sounds like you had a good time.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

13 hours ago, kneehighs said:

While I I’ve worn heels solo, not only did I have a passenger but I also planned a lot of rough terrain walking for our outing.  So no heels yesterday.

But she wore heels in that rough terrain?

• 1 month later...

This is my final good bye post for hhplace, in the remote chance it'll impacty anyone reading.

First, we live in an increasingly decentralized world.  Instead of relying on centralized sources for information, a new social media world that is very LGBTQ friendly, with way more protections than exist here has blossomed since 2006.  Social media is very LGBTQ friendly.  The protections are like an umbrella and spill over to men who wear heels.  In 2006, there weren't many online community options for men who wear heels as men.  In 2020, there doesn't even need to be special options anymore.  Men in heels in such an integrated part into society's expectation for what is normal, it's astonishing.  And the information is decentralized.  On Instagram a search for the #heelsformen hashtag pulls up 2,256, #meninheelsevent hashtag pulls up 128 posts and #meninheels pulls up 64,803 posts.  On TikTok a search for #meninheels, pulls up 50.5 million views.  That's 33,180 views per day on average since TikTok's inception in September of 2016.  Why spend time creating content for hhplace when I could create content for my own audience and possibly even monetize it, or at worst, get free product?

Second, on a more specific forum note, locking up JeffB's thread was the straw that broke the camels back for me.  Locking up Thighbootguy's thread set the stage.  Cancel Culture times two, literally.  In 2006, hhplace's landing page used to say, "Whether you're a man, a woman, or in between, whether you wear high heels yourself or just like the looks of them.  It doesn't matter, you've come to the right place".  How times have changed.

Some may rationalize this is a forum for both men and women.   It's like because that's what they say, they reality follows.  That is not the case at all. The reality is men create the bulk of content that creates the page views, page clicks, and what little advertising revenue this site generates.  And with the huge number of options available to females in the digital age, the probability they'll plant a flag at hhplace is low.  That's the reality.  For me, Tech's bat bashing, bull in a china shop mouth is no longer worth tolerating.  He has never taken personal responsibility for his bat bashing, bull in a china shop mouth.  He will no doubt say I'm being too sensitive, or misinterpreting his statements, or find some way to point the finger back at me.  I guarantee it.  Yo man, take responsibility for your reckelss mouth.  The pattern hasn't changed since 2006.  Tech rocks the boat when there is no need to rock the boat.  Besides his professional contributions to keeping the site running, his unruly mouth knows no bottom.

I'm not going to build someone elses audience, page views, page clicks when my voice means little to such a reckless mouth.

May hhplace live well on into the future.  I wish no ill will on anyone here, but after nearly 20 years here, multiple in Real Life Heel Meets, and lots of evangelizing, my time here has expired.

Best,

Kneehighs

hhplace November 2006.png

None of this is about building an audience, nor cashing in on what you do, and the intent of the website has never changed.

This is a place where all those with an interest in high heels can gather, but, it is not a place where members can change the outward apparance of the website to make it seem like a website for guys into dressing as women.

That has been crystal clear for many years.

Just like the very section you have highlighted, that still applies today. This is a high heels community, for everybody. If you were to post non-stop about dresses, skirts, painted nails etc, then your off-topic and its out of context with the common interest.

If you were to join a truck drivers community, then posted nothing but adventures with your car, bicyles, skateboards etc, wouldnt you expect to have your content steered back on track or be reminded that your way off-topic? Of course you would. Same thing here.

This has squat to do with LGBT, so no idea why on earth you brought that into the topic!

The only pageviews and audience you build by being a member here is that of everybody here. Sharing a common interest, its very simple.

I dont rock the boat, quiet the opposite, I seem to have to keep steering it back on track, as people get a bit carried away with what they feel is acceptable content, and even common decency, ignoring the very guidelines they agree to follow. If that rocks the boat for you, then sadly this is not the boat for you.

A huge shame too, as your postings have never veered off-track.

Jeff's thread was locked temporarily and is simply awaiting a reply from him. If it ever gets back on-track it will be re-opened.

People change over time, I get that, and maybe they grow out of HHPlace or the fit is no longer ideal as peoples interests change.

The community interest here though has not changed. The camels back was never under any strain in the first place, so closing Jeff's thread temporarily is hardly a last straw when its way off-topic and has been for a LONG time.

If you go, then I'm sure we all wish you the best with everything and if you stay then fab. Your choice, but try not to burn any bridges in the process.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

4 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Second, on a more specific forum note, locking up JeffB's thread was the straw that broke the camels back for me.  Locking up Thighbootguy's thread set the stage.  Cancel Culture times two, literally.  In 2006, hhplace's landing page used to say, "Whether you're a man, a woman, or in between, whether you wear high heels yourself or just like the looks of them.  It doesn't matter, you've come to the right place".  How times have changed.

Where has that changed? You can still post and talk about high heels. This is not a crossdresser forum, so the line gets drawn. 

Maybe Tech should just drop all the rules and let us post what ever we want?

I forget what happened with Thighbootguy, but seems to me he crossed the line and didn't like it so he is gone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pumped said:

Where has that changed? You can still post and talk about high heels. This is not a crossdresser forum, so the line gets drawn. 

Maybe Tech should just drop all the rules and let us post what ever we want?

I forget what happened with Thighbootguy, but seems to me he crossed the line and didn't like it so he is gone.

I do not know how much good this reply will do, as this thread seems to have been abandoned, but where else would I put it?

Let me readdress the Thighbootguy thing. You don't hear from him anymore, but he is not gone. He might, in fact, be reading this right now for all I know. His interests went beyond the scope of this forum, and he stopped posting voluntarily. I actually spoke with him last week about this very subject, because it has been weighing heavily on my mind as well. His answer, and I hope he doesn't mind my sharing this, was that if I still enjoy posting here, and being a part of this community, certainly don't stop on his account, or those similarly situated.  There are no moral or ethical principles that are being violated here. And my own personal take on this: You can do whatever you want, say whatever you want, you have that freedom, but you don't have the right to require somebody else to give you a platform to say it, or to use an old fashioned term, to hand you a megaphone.

On 11/6/2020 at 1:55 PM, kneehighs said:

This is my final good bye post for hhplace, in the remote chance it'll impacty anyone reading.

First, we live in an increasingly decentralized world.  Instead of relying on centralized sources for information, a new social media world that is very LGBTQ friendly, with way more protections than exist here has blossomed since 2006.  Social media is very LGBTQ friendly.  The protections are like an umbrella and spill over to men who wear heels.  In 2006, there weren't many online community options for men who wear heels as men.  In 2020, there doesn't even need to be special options anymore.  Men in heels in such an integrated part into society's expectation for what is normal, it's astonishing.  And the information is decentralized.  On Instagram a search for the #heelsformen hashtag pulls up 2,256, #meninheelsevent hashtag pulls up 128 posts and #meninheels pulls up 64,803 posts.  On TikTok a search for #meninheels, pulls up 50.5 million views.  That's 33,180 views per day on average since TikTok's inception in September of 2016.  Why spend time creating content for hhplace when I could create content for my own audience and possibly even monetize it, or at worst, get free product?

Some may rationalize this is a forum for both men and women.   It's like because that's what they say, they reality follows.  That is not the case at all. The reality is men create the bulk of content that creates the page views, page clicks, and what little advertising revenue this site generates.  And with the huge number of options available to females in the digital age, the probability they'll plant a flag at hhplace is low.  That's the reality.  For me, Tech's bat bashing, bull in a china shop mouth is no longer worth tolerating.  He has never taken personal responsibility for his bat bashing, bull in a china shop mouth.  He will no doubt say I'm being too sensitive, or misinterpreting his statements, or find some way to point the finger back at me.  I guarantee it.  Yo man, take responsibility for your reckelss mouth.  The pattern hasn't changed since 2006.  Tech rocks the boat when there is no need to rock the boat.  Besides his professional contributions to keeping the site running, his unruly mouth knows no bottom.

I'm not going to build someone elses audience, page views, page clicks when my voice means little to such a reckless mouth.

May hhplace live well on into the future.  I wish no ill will on anyone here, but after nearly 20 years here, multiple in Real Life Heel Meets, and lots of evangelizing, my time here has expired.

Best,

Kneehighs

hhplace November 2006.png

Sorry to see you leave.  We’ve been members here for about the same length of time and I totally agree with your opinion.  It’s been fun knowing, you, JeffB, Thighbootguy and some of the other long lost posters like Dr. Shoe, TomNL, and others of that era.  Attitudes change.  People change.  Circumstances change.  While this is entertainment for most of our members, it’s a vocation for others.   Those that are in charge make the rules.  And, while I am sure there is more going on below the surface than we know, We either live with them or do not participate.  Hope you stay in touch.  

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 11/7/2020 at 10:49 PM, Bubba136 said:

while I am sure there is more going on below the surface than we know,

There really isnt. Why would you make that assumption? This is a very simple shared interest community, no agenda's, no politics, nothing "going on".

Just keep the place on-topic and enjoy it. I dont understand why that causes so much friction?

Edited by Tech
Spelling
  • Like 1

I was specifically speaking about your work administering the website.  I’m sure we don’t know everything that’s involved.  We rarely see anything publicly posted here.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 11/7/2020 at 7:46 AM, mlroseplant said:

I do not know how much good this reply will do, as this thread seems to have been abandoned, but where else would I put it?

Let me readdress the Thighbootguy thing. You don't hear from him anymore, but he is not gone. He might, in fact, be reading this right now for all I know. His interests went beyond the scope of this forum, and he stopped posting voluntarily. I actually spoke with him last week about this very subject, because it has been weighing heavily on my mind as well. His answer, and I hope he doesn't mind my sharing this, was that if I still enjoy posting here, and being a part of this community, certainly don't stop on his account, or those similarly situated.  There are no moral or ethical principles that are being violated here. And my own personal take on this: You can do whatever you want, say whatever you want, you have that freedom, but you don't have the right to require somebody else to give you a platform to say it, or to use an old fashioned term, to hand you a megaphone.

I was planning on catching up with Thighbootguy earlier this year, however the pandemic and other issues have kept me out of his neighborhood. Once things settle down, I'll make a point of catching up with him.

5 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

I was specifically speaking about your work administering the website.  I’m sure we don’t know everything that’s involved.  We rarely see anything publicly posted here.

There's nothing much to tell. the technical nuts and bolts, nobody really asks about often, just the odd "how do I" and the approvals of new members which is done manually to ensure spammers are kept at bay and thats it. The public stuff is all in the guidelines already. I pay the bills, press the buttons and try to get on with other things unless folks drive things off-track here and I either just happen to notice (Rarely) or somebody reports the posts as off-topic or innappropriate etc (In most cases).

I try to just let you all "get on with it" so long as it all stays on-topic.

Sadly, cant please all of the people, all of the time and I'm not even going to try. People change, I just dont understand why they expect the community topic to change to suit them, then complain about it here like its my fault.

If you outgrow the place or it no longer fits you then Adios.. No need for drama.