The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

I suspect that NYC opening back up probably took a major league hit after yesterday's madness. The Philadelphia region was scheduled to come out of lockdown on June 5th, but downtown literally went to hell last night, so who knows what might happen in terms of new cases spiking. Stay safe!

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

I suspect that NYC opening back up probably took a major league hit after yesterday's madness. The Philadelphia region was scheduled to come out of lockdown on June 5th, but downtown literally went to hell last night, so who knows what might happen in terms of new cases spiking. Stay safe!

Thanks Jeff, hope you stay safe too.  So sad to see the burning of center city Philly.  My heart truly goes out to all who suffered needless injuries, small business owners who watched their property get destroyed without justice.  And to think just last week the world was debating whether it's safe to get a cup of coffee in public.  How quickly things accelerate....

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

14 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Thanks Jeff, hope you stay safe too.  So sad to see the burning of center city Philly.  My heart truly goes out to all who suffered needless injuries, small business owners who watched their property get destroyed without justice.  And to think just last week the world was debating whether it's safe to get a cup of coffee in public.  How quickly things accelerate....

It's been a mess. Sunday saw more rioting and looting, this time in minority neighborhoods, most notably, a shopping corridor only a mile east of where I live. The city's been on curfew six six p.m. yesterday, all businesses and mass transit was shut down, and the National Guard was called in. I was too young to remember the riots in the mid to late 60's, but this has the same nightmarish feel. I hope things will be calmer today.

• Like 3

Chicago is the same Jeff.  And it's spreading to the suburbs as well, and continuing today.  I support the protesters.  The looting is shameful.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of block party style happy hours everywhere in NYC now.  It's like city bars and restaurants have opened up into the streets, but without tables.  Still, not an ideal environment for heeling.

One girl I asked out on a date said no b/c she was still practicing social distancing.  C'est la vie.

Here's another conversation snippet I had with an attractive girl on Instagram.  She responded to the pic of me wearing shorts with pumps.  The topic was breached after a lot of rapport was established first. To be clear, I'm not sharing their user names anymore b/c I suspect some here then go onto IG and contact the same girl.  You gotta pay your own dues if you want the girl(s) mates!

Testimonial.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kneehighs said:

To be clear, I'm not sharing their user names anymore b/c I suspect some here then go onto IG and contact the same girl.  You gotta pay your own dues if you want the girl(s) mates!

Wasn't me! I suspect you knew that anyway. BTW, how does the "no tables" thing work in practice? You just have to hold your drink and/or food the whole time?

Would never suspect you, sincerely.

Yeah you just wind up holding your drink in a plastic cup, putting it on the ground, or putting on a nearby mantle.  

NhpCJlU7.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2020 at 5:10 PM, RonC said:

I enlarged this quite a bit so I could see what the ladies were wearing.  Not one heel in sight.  Sign of the times I guess, sadly.

If it makes you feel any better, there is at least one lady who rarely goes out in public without heels of some sort. My friend the tailor! I've put her on here several times before, and yesterday this was her idea of a good outfit to wear to go out to a farm and pick strawberries! On edit: I'm going to have to figure out a better way of resizing pictures. The image quality of this one is super bad compared to the original, and the original file size wasn't all that huge. Oh, well.

BinhStrawberryHeels.PNG

Edited by mlroseplant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Berry season is almost 12 months a year here.

I  go berry picking everyday in my heels...I have strawberries in pots in my backyard.:)

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, kneehighs said:

She picked strawberries in heeled sandals?  That's dedication when sneakers would no doubt be more practical.

I mean, it's not much of a heel, is it? :giggle: Actually, I hope it's not a trend. I've never seen her wear a mid-heel before. Seriously.

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I mean, it's not much of a heel, is it? :giggle: Actually, I hope it's not a trend. I've never seen her wear a mid-heel before. Seriously.

Relative to the flats I've been living in since lockdowns started in March, it looks like a refreshing heel to me! 

Girls in heels in NYC seems quite a scarce sighting recently.

• 2 months later...

In case anyone is curious, I'm still waiting for the proper time and place to heel again.  Heel wearing was largely done for my entertainment, and often focused around social settings (nightclubs, indoor dining, dating).  None of that re-exists yet in NYC.  So until group gatherings in NYC or the global travel economy re-opens, I'll wait patiently.  And yes, I realize the timeline on that might be Q4 2021.

This is a current video of NYC.  The city is riddled with 9 Billion in debt.  Crime, theft, violence, shootings are all going bonkers here.  

Edited by kneehighs

On 8/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, kneehighs said:

In case anyone is curious, I'm still waiting for the proper time and place to heel again.  Heel wearing was largely done for my entertainment, and often focused around social settings (nightclubs, indoor dining, dating).  None of that re-exists yet in NYC.  So until group gatherings in NYC or the global travel economy re-opens, I'll wait patiently.  And yes, I realize the timeline on that might be Q4 2021.

This is a current video of NYC.  The city is riddled with 9 Billion in debt.  Crime, theft, violence, shootings are all going bonkers here.  

I find it interesting that you need, or at least would like, a specific place or reason to wear heels. I think most women feel the same way about heels, and that is why you see few of them these days. I had a discussion about this with a woman friend of mine, perhaps I will write something about it on my thread once I think it through a little better. For me, and for a very few, I am willing to wear heels pretty casually, so I tend to wear them, well, pretty much everywhere. Though "everywhere" is a lot fewer places than it was 6 months ago.

• Like 1

My Father was a senior member of the U.S. diplomatic corps and I rarely found him not wearing a suit and tie which was sort of a uniform for the business he practiced.  My Mother, on the other hand, was bound to the dressing traditions of diplomatic wives.  Lots of afternoon, evening and formal state gatherings.  She was well aware of my interest in wearing heels (another story that is well explained in postings now filed in this website’s archives) and usually answered most of my questions about types, styles, heel height, etc.    Both my mother and my wife had almost identical standards on which styles and heel heights were appropriate for each function.  Low and mid heel heights for afternoon and early evening functions and higher heels for dinners and formal affairs.  Of course there is always the type and color of the gown to take into consideration.  

On the other hand,  men like myself are content to just wear our high heels without giving much attention to matching our outfits to our shoes. Except in circumstances like JeffB and a few others that enjoy putting together outfits that correspond to color, function and purpose.  That’s not to imply that we don’t take special care not to undercut or put men in heels in a derogatory light.  

But, for the life of me, I can’t understand why anyone that can wear heels anywhere, anytime, would not want to wear them.  Given that heels are almost exclusively associated with girls/women/female wearing, I am certain that most women choose their footwear styles based on comfort rather than style. Over the years and on more than one occasion, I have been asked why I would want to wear heels when men’s shoes are far more comfortable ?  My answer is that I love to wear girl’s shoes because I get a feeling of completeness when wearing heels and really like the way they feel on my feet. 

My wife, while supportive of me in heels, never figured out my fascination for wearing them and, at times, I am positive she thought I might be flat nuts.  I might have thought the same thing if I hadn’t been wearing them as far back as I can remember— two or three years old.

And, While there were/are places and circumstances where I would/do not wear heels, I don’t have to have a specific reason to wear them.

• Like 8

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

14 minutes ago, kneehighs said:

@mlroseplant @Jkrenzer  @Cali @Bubba136  Interesting consensus among you guys!

From my end, I guess I'm more like a woman than a man when it comes to contextually enjoying my heel wearing.  

That's a shame.

Eff it, life is finite and short. I love stilettos. I love how they feel, look, and style. I'm all in, and don't care.

I'm rapidly running out of years, and each goes faster than the last.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kneehighs said:

From my end, I guess I'm more like a woman than a man when it comes to contextually enjoying my heel wearing.  

You just have to expand your context. Maybe when you reach the ripe old age of some of us.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Over the years and on more than one occasion, I have been asked why I would want to wear heels when men’s shoes are far more comfortable ?  My answer is that I love to wear girl’s shoes because I get a feeling of completeness when wearing heels and really like the way they feel on my feet. 

Exactly, I find heels more comfortable than flat men’s shoes.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kneehighs said:

I guess you're right, and we cover the USA from coast to coast, interestingly enough. However, for me personally, I do have my own standards when it comes to wearing heels. I won't wear heels with just anything. For example, I would never wear heels with my work bib overalls. If for some reason I don't have the opportunity to groom reasonably, I won't wear heels. For example, if I've been mowing and the wife asks me to run to the grocery store real quick. No heels in that case. So yes, I will wear heels casually, but not with anything and everything.

Everything Bubba said was spot on in my opinion. Each of us has their own reasons and rationales for wearing heels. Ironically enough, in my case, as I’ve said scores of times, shoes aren’t the be all and all for me, rather, part of a complete outfit which I obsess over, even more, I rarely wear anything over three inches these days as I’m more about comfort than style. 

• 2 weeks later...