The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

@Tech and I fixed it myself before being told, yet you still punish me with a warning, making that warning public again when it could've been private messaged, and issuing an official warning point(s) after I fixed it?  :roll:

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 12:29 PM, Cali said:

Be very careful, women are very observant and may recognize a replica.

So I was invited to a party at 55 Irving Place tonight.  Drew Barrymore was hanging out there.  Met some girl whose dad is a Managing Director at Goldman Sachs.  She too worked at Goldman.  Once she told me she lived in Hudson Yards (aka 5-6K/mo for a 1 bed room) I knew she was in another league.  She asked me if my Chanel brooch was real, lol.

My answer?  "Marc by Marc Jacobs top (real), Calvin Klein blazer (real), zara pants (real, lol) and Nine West shoes" She answered, "I was just giving you a hard time"  That was the end of the convo.  

I also lost my brooch.  So good thing I didn't drop $400 USD + on it.  Will replace for another immediately. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Sounds like that encounter got off on the wrong foot....Aside from asking about whether your outfit was genuine, did she compliment/comment on it?   Where were you hanging out, in Manhattan?

It was actually a really fun conversation.  Her test of my brooch integrity was probably just a standard s__t test that girls sometimes disperse to weed out "beta" males. Her reply on instagram direct was, "Yes plzzz, f--k me pumps required.  Let me know your schedule next week."  

She didn't offer any compliments on my outfit.  The girl I went to the party with said I looked better than her.  It was near Union Square, Manhattan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kneehighs said:

It was actually a really fun conversation.  Her test of my brooch integrity was probably just a standard s__t test that girls sometimes disperse to weed out "beta" males. Her reply on instagram direct was, "Yes plzzz, f--k me pumps required.  Let me know your schedule next week."  

She didn't offer any compliments on my outfit.  The girl I went to the party with said I looked better than her.  It was near Union Square, Manhattan.

Cool!

4 hours ago, kneehighs said:

The girl I went to the party with said I looked better than her.  It was near Union Square, Manhattan.

Another word of caution here, women hate it when a man wears it better than they can.

• Haha 2

On 11/14/2019 at 11:18 PM, kneehighs said:

So I was invited to a party at 55 Irving Place tonight.  Drew Barrymore was hanging out there.  Met some girl whose dad is a Managing Director at Goldman Sachs.  She too worked at Goldman.  Once she told me she lived in Hudson Yards (aka 5-6K/mo for a 1 bed room) I knew she was in another league.  She asked me if my Chanel brooch was real, lol.

My answer?  "Marc by Marc Jacobs top (real), Calvin Klein blazer (real), zara pants (real, lol) and Nine West shoes" She answered, "I was just giving you a hard time"  That was the end of the convo.  

I also lost my brooch.  So good thing I didn't drop $400 USD + on it.  Will replace for another immediately. 

Nine West pumps, or what? 

On 11/15/2019 at 9:13 AM, kneehighs said:

So you’ve got a follow up “date” with this girl? You’ll have to let us know how it goes.

11 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

Nine West pumps, or what? 

Just black Patent laceless Wearable Cap Toe Oxfords.  Never met a girl, including the GS girl, who didn't compliment them. 

8 hours ago, Cali said:

I would wear my Nine West knee high boots outside my pants.

That's my default, but I didn't even wear that this evening.  

4 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

So you’ve got a follow up “date” with this girl? You’ll have to let us know how it goes.

No follow up date with GS girl.  I forgot to add she started to take off her Manolos to let me wear them.  Unfortunately, I'm just not that attracted to her.   I think the context that lead up to that was me asking what size she wore, her answering "39", me saying "OMG, that's just about my size! (it's a playful comment)...."  I probably won't follow up with her.  I did meet some other blonde that same night who I'm direct messaging on IG to see if she'll hang.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The other night I went out and wore skinny cut leather pants, 2.5" block heel loafers, a woman's black turtleneck, and a camel blazer.  With the fake Chanel brooch.  My female companion didn't seem to mind one bit.  She suggested we get together again for dinner.  

Funny finding about the fake Chanel brooch.  I wear it for the girls.  Universally, they seem to love it.  It gets them excited.  Sincerely.  So it achieves the consequence I desired.  The unintended consequence is social pressure to spend money, mostly from service industry men (bartenders/waiters) who recognize the logo.  No biggie, but noticeable.

Really excited about a couple of new purchases I made.  This dress won't look like a dress on me.  It's seasonless too.  I like the polka dot print and the feminine cuff sleeves which is just enough femininity for me.  For winter, I'll pair it with leather pants and high heel knee high boots.  For summer, I can wear white shorts, white jeans, and black heeled loafers with it (or maybe pumps if the timing is right).  Also bought a similar top in white.

hmgoepprod.thumb.jpg.f51a3d4ecaecce52b9d3fabbfc625dd5.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 5

Hope everyone that celebrates Thanksgiving has a great holiday season!

I'm working on a new military jacket/top ensemble.  Based on this inspiration from Harpers Bazaar, I'll add stereotypically feminine accessories.

The military look will balance out the feminine heels.

Can't wait!

58409381_2334550786605054_4352207475888991686_n.thumb.jpg.7ca155e5726b8ea85c63d95080d9a595.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Hope everyone that celebrates Thanksgiving has a great holiday season!

I'm working on a new military jacket/top ensemble.  Based on this inspiration from Harpers Bazaar, I'll add stereotypically feminine accessories.

The military look will balance out the feminine heels.

Can't wait!

I shall look forward to seeing what you come up with. Hope you have a few days off like me!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Interesting!

Yup!  Gotta check out a few local military shops first for a coat/shirt.  Canal Street, Astoria (Queens)...

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

Looks plenty sharp and stylish! Happy Turkey Day to you as well!

Thanks Jeff!  Enjoy Philly my friend!  Actually thought of taking a short road trip there with a female friend for some Parc Cafe cuisine. 

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I shall look forward to seeing what you come up with. Hope you have a few days off like me!

Start Up life and currying favor with founders has me working today, lol.  But for starting from zero and going to a 110M valuation and 27M Series A in a year, the risk/reward is worth it.  Especially since there's already sustainable net profit.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

Last night in Williamsburg.  Started with two girls at The Hoxton (same chain as in London).  Bounced to a dive bar nearby.  Then ended at the Williamsburg Hotel.

Williamsburg is so much fun.  I can't believe I haven't explored it until now.

OUTFIT DETAILS: Michael Kors boots, camel coat by Michael Kors, creme colored turtleneck with lace trim hem by Apartment 9, camel blazer from ASOS, leather pants.  (leather and lace outfit done with classic style).

TheBurg.jpg

On 5/7/2019 at 11:04 AM, kneehighs said:

This Russian model is a friend of mine.  She's a stunner.  She posted on Facebook she was looking for opinions of men in heels.   So in Private Message, I sent her pic of my wearing stilettos.  Her response, "Wow, nice legs {face savoring delicious food emoj} {thumbs up emojo}.  What high? ) [ ) = smile] I think men can show heels, but in more brutal design"  Screen shot attached.  By brutal design, I think she meant masculine.  

My Russian friend Katya liked last nights outfit too.  The odds of such a response from an Eastern European woman are pretty low.  EE gender roles are more rigid and traditional.  Men are men and dress like men.  Women are women and dress like women.  

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 3.35.53 PM.png

53545928_10216550690993204_1262878280906702848_n.jpg

48277524_10215905527024508_7163466495756861440_n.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Some pics of my outfit from Saturday evening.  Leather pants.  Camel coat.  Polka dot dress tucked into my pants.  And 3" Michael Kors boots worn outside my pants.  Pardon my lack of facial expression.  I got contact details from two girls, but deleted them afterwards.  Just not that attracted to either.  EDIT: just now this girl texted me if I was free to meet tonight.  Damnit, she's hot.  Too bad I'll be working late, lol.  

And a fun Direct Message from Instagrammer TatsianaPaulava.

TastianapaulavaOpinion.jpg

CamelCoatKneeBootsHeels.JPG

PolkaDotTopLeatherPantsKneeBootHeels.JPG

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Lookin good kneehighs!

Thank you!

Pic of a friend of mine cozying up in my sweater dress.  Lots of fun.  And I do meant lots

Staircase cigarette 406kb.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Your sense of style, as demonstrated in your most recent pictures, remains top notch!

44 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Your sense of style, as demonstrated in your most recent pictures, remains top notch!

Thanks Jeff.  I’ve finally found a consistent aesthetic that works for me: classic.

My Pinterest board helps keep my aesthetic focused and cohesive.   It also reigns in impulse spending since I won’t buy anything unless it’s on my Pinterest board.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lunch time conversation with this girl: 

Me, "So imagine you're walking through a desert, all alone.  For miles and miles all you see is a horizon of sand to the east....to the west...to the north....and to the south....then upon walking and walking you see in the distance a cube.  As you walk closer to the cube it's details take on new dimensions that you can identify.  How large is the cube? And what color is it?"

Her, "It's big! About as high as that (points out window to elevated subway line).  And it's black"

Me, "And as you observe the cube, a stallion enters the picture.  It comes closer to you.  How do you interact with it?  What do you do with it?"

Her, "I try and entice it over.  I'll do anything to get it to trust me.  Even lie to it.  So eventually I can use it"

For those of you curious, these questions belong to a school of thought called Kokology.  "An ancient tradition originated in Japan, passed down between generations" as I explain it.  

The stallion symbolizes her ideal lover, the cube symbolizes her ego.  

I could't help but think if she wants to use a stallion, what does she want to use it for?  Resources or sex, lol.  

And for the record, I didn't wear heels that date.  Just leather pants tucked into knee high boots with a 1.75" heel, a black turtleneck, and a camel blazer. 

i's41763918732641823.jpg

Edited by kneehighs

• 2 weeks later...

So besides the start up that I work at, I’m also working on creating another start up. This one I’ll hold founders equity.  We’re going to run a pilot test in Moscow.  I met with one of the probable seed round investors last night.  We’ve know each other for about 7 years now.  

I wore my womens camel coat from Michael Kors, women’s knee high boots, and he called me out on....drumroll....the coat!!  Lol.

If anything, the coat is more unisex than the boots.  He asked if I had bought the coat for a girlfriend and then taken it back, or if I had stolen it from a girlfriend, lol.

Truth be told last time we went out, some girl from Black Rock kept saying she wanted to wear my coat and wear my boots.  I think he may have felt a ting of jealousy.

Wouldn’t be the first time.  One time when I partied in Kiev with several businessmen, we met at a restaurant.  The hottest girl there somehow took a liking to me.  Within the night she snuck her hands onto me where they shouldn’t have been. Later it turns out the king organizer of the night had been unsuccessfully trying to score with that girl.  After that he didn’t like me anymore, lol.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Haha 1

Just tell him you like comfortable warm coats.

I wear coats and jackets from all sides of a store. Sometimes I layer them, like a puffy vest over a sherpa -  a very warm combination.  How else can we reclaim some fashion?  In the 8 years I have worn this one version of a ski pull over I have only seen one woman with the same type. And it wasn't one of the colors I have.  I always get compliments on my Victoria's Secret sweater, warm and very soft and not feminine in anyway, Add a puffy vest and it's great for those chilly mornings.

• Like 2