The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

Well, I work for AA, and that doesn't look like an AA uniform....I'm guessing she works for United if she is based in Chicago.  The airlines have been hiring lately, so there is some much needed fresh blood in the industry....

On 7/16/2019 at 3:51 AM, JeffB said:

Interesting! I haven't flown anywhere since 2003, but I thought female flight attendants no longer wore heels like what that young lady sported, or, at the very least, nothing that high.

Back when my ex-wife worked for AA, 20+ years ago, female flight attendants were required to wear heels in the airport. Nowadays, I doubt they're required to wear them, though some still do. Somewhere in my own thread, I noted that not only did one of my flight attendants on my flight to Korea wear substantial heels in the airport, she actually worked a Trans-Pacific flight in heels (lower than her airport heels, of course).

The Asian airlines still require heels in the airport, but none of their "dress" heels is anything to write home about--I've never seen one exceed 2 1/2", and I think they are provided by the airline, as you don't see any variation at all like you do among American flight attendants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

Back when my ex-wife worked for AA, 20+ years ago, female flight attendants were required to wear heels in the airport. Nowadays, I doubt they're required to wear them, though some still do. Somewhere in my own thread, I noted that not only did one of my flight attendants on my flight to Korea wear substantial heels in the airport, she actually worked a Trans-Pacific flight in heels (lower than her airport heels, of course).

The Asian airlines still require heels in the airport, but none of their "dress" heels is anything to write home about--I've never seen one exceed 2 1/2", and I think they are provided by the airline, as you don't see any variation at all like you do among American flight attendants.

Well, the AA women are still required to wear heels in the airport, then allowed to switch to flats/lower heels while working on the plane, although this rule is never enforced.  Admittedly, the planes aren't the only thing that is aging, but there is a big influx of new blood.  The variations in AA uniforms was caused mostly by management picking the "lowest cost vendor" for the latest uniforms, which has caused rashes and illness'.  So, until new uniforms are designed and provisioned again, there will be plenty of variations to the standard uniform. 

21 hours ago, CAT said:

Don 

when are you going to be in Chicago 

We haven't had any ORD trips lately, will surely let you know when they come around again buddy!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, jeremy1986 said:

Went well? 

Just saw this.  Visited "First Base"   Home Run definitely awaits.  She's open to heels as most are at Short Term relationships. 

She's probably not qualified Long Term wife material though.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

13 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Just saw this.  Visited "First Base"   Home Run definitely awaits.  She's open to heels as most are at Short Term relationships. 

She's probably not qualified Long Term wife material though.

hehe …  sounds good, for a start :-)

Totally going to add a pearl necklace to my wardrobe.  Will wear it almost exactly like seen in the photos.  

The first outfit: classic white button down with classic shorts and heels.  Could use pants just as much as shorts and achieve similar look

Second Outfit: Classic button down.  Classic blue denim.

Third Outfit: Classic white button down.

Fourth Outfit: Classic blazer.  Sleeves rolled up.  Skinny pants.  Pumps.

If I combine it with a Chanel brooch, should be amazing. The girls will probably love it.

For perfumes, I always wear women's scents.  I've worn Flower Bomb by Viktor and Rolf for years.  Also Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent has worked well for years too.  The best compliments come from this Burberry Perfume I've used for almost 10 years now.  Classic feminine fragrances work best for me. Going to try this La Vanilla, Pure Vanilla scent too.   They say Vanilla is an aphrodisiac (applies to women wearing Vanilla to attract men). 

My "game" is when I wear what women feel sexy in, it tends to attract women.  

1fd2a4d1f3bf450284f9f591f2536049.jpg

475f6bf5b94bc9ca6c4173887ebffbb6.jpg

216046d5e9fbef178b93ce20965f4e9d.jpg

dicas_para_se_vestir_bem_look_2.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 9:41 AM, kneehighs said:

Same girl, different angle. 

It's nice to know that you're still having fun with girls by being simply yourself ;)

• Like 2

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

13 hours ago, flavio said:

It's nice to know that you're still having fun with girls by being simply yourself ;)

Indeed!  A bit busy lately, too busy for girls.  But should find some time shortly for some adventures.

Edited by kneehighs

Kneehighs + pebblesf,

Looked back at page 40 of this thread to get more context and noticed something. Below the photo of this admittedly cute flight attendant are two clues suggesting to me she was, at least back then, working for United Airlines. Her handle was "uafly2011" and one of her hashtags was #unitedstews. Having worked for almost 16 years at O'Hare Airport I was certainly familiar with United. After wanting to charge my father $400 for trying to change a non-refundable ticket in 2015 during a US Government shutdown, and our vacation plans suddenly changed,  I talked to the airline and pointed out it was something beyond our control. As a federal law enforcement officer at the time I had my leave cancelled and had to report to work. They eventually reduced it to $100. After the debacle involving their CEO and favoritism surrounding an employee at Newark's Liberty Airport and free parking and a short-lived flight to South Carolina which magically disappeared after a certain employee sold his vacation home and the now-fired CEO still walked with a nice severance package I told myself I would never choose United again and I haven't. I complained twice when the government wanted to book me on United and offered to cover the difference on another airline and it worked. Let's just say I despise that particular airline. Whilst I have preached the virtues of buying American-made products I admit flying American lines is not in my best interest. Foreign carriers simply have surpassed us. Their aircraft are simply newer, personnel friendlier, and those lines don't seem to nickel and dime passengers for things the the foreign carriers provide for free. My last government trip I was returning from Romania aboard Lufthansa and sampled the following: An entertainment screen 50% larger than on United or American, ability to send a text message from mid-air (done over Quebec), free wine or beer, headsets provided free and simply more service more often. I left the best for last: meals were served with real silverware on real ceramic plates. When was the last time someone here has seen that?? A real blast from the 1970's for sure. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Kneehighs + pebblesf,

... Foreign carriers simply have surpassed us. Their aircraft are simply newer, personnel friendlier, and those lines don't seem to nickel and dime passengers for things the the foreign carriers provide for free. My last government trip I was returning from Romania aboard Lufthansa and sampled the following: An entertainment screen 50% larger than on United or American, ability to send a text message from mid-air (done over Quebec), free wine or beer, headsets provided free and simply more service more often. I left the best for last: meals were served with real silverware on real ceramic plates. When was the last time someone here has seen that?? A real blast from the 1970's for sure. HappyinHeels

I'm with you on that!  For domestic flights, I almost always stick with Jet Blue b/c the in flight entertainment is A+.  For international, I NEVER take American or United for the same reasons. My experience with Air France has been A+. YMMV.

Girl is still cute though.  Shot her a couple DM's on Instagram.  She said she'd be into meeting for a drink.   Doubtful I'll follow through, but fun waste of time.

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2018 at 3:48 PM, kneehighs said:

@Bubba136 That's funny.  I'm fortunate, but also careful.  

Going to treat myself to a Chanel brooch pin. Versatility is key.  I will get a pale gold color that goes with gold or silver accessories. 

Will wear it like the girls in the attached photos.   Almost copying everything about their style.

For use with sweaters, blazers, and coats.

Absolutely can not wait!!

chanel brooch blazer.jpg

chanel brooch outerwear.jpg

chanel brooch blazer shorts.jpg

Check off the bucket list!   Cannot wait to test drive. Women have a tendency to signal with Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vuitton.  It'll be interesting to see if this turns into a conversation piece, to see what effects it has (if any) on my social experiences.  Combined with heels, it should be fun!

Caveat: I bought a handmade replica, shhhh.  Too much risk involved in paying full retail not knowing if rewards (cost-per-wear; emotional feedback) are justified.  Risk management is a supreme priority in my life. 

Next up on my list is a Gucci belt (or replica, ha).  

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

Just now, Cali said:

Be very careful, women are very observant and may recognize a replica.

Consequences are minimal if they do.  There are so many variations of Chanel brooches, they'd have to inspect this one under a microscope to really tell.  If they ask where I bought it, "online, it was soo fun!  By the way, I love your <earrings, blouse> where'd you get it?"

"By the way" almost always works to re-direct a conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

The girl on the right has an Instagram account that focuses on what I'd call "erotic high heel art".   I think it's based somewhere in Italy, perhaps Florence.  The visuals make good use of light, shadows, and mystery.  They remind me of Helmut Newton/Paris Vogue visuals.  Since my experience with wearing heels has historically involved erotic responses from women, the account really resonated with me.  So I Direct Messaged the account on Instagram.  I wanted to see how someone who promotes erotic high heel art would respond.  Her response is in the screen shot. 

Tekeonheels.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Pharrell and GQ discussing the new masculinity.  Blue Chip Mainstream Media now.  GQ writes for their advertisers, who have to sustain revenue from the "new masculinity" market.  There must be some financial profitability for such new non-binary masculinity to be so popular now.

Back in 2001-2005, we all dreamed of media support for men in heels.  It's come.  Though this GQ article doesn't talk about men in heels, it does address "cross dressing"

https://www.gq.com/story/pharrell-new-masculinity-cover-interview?utm_medium=social&mbid=social_twitter&utm_brand=gq&utm_social-type=owned&utm_source=twitter

GQ: And do you feel that it is in some ways your privilege to lend your voice to uplifting people who are under attack?
PHARRELL: Yeah, but I'm not, like, an activist. And I don't think my opinion is everything. I don't know anyone else's plight. I can just say, for me, the minute that I stopped worrying about what other people thought, and stopped catering to the fears that are taught to you—the minute that I let all that shit go—that's when I started, like: Oh, that Chanel belt? I could wear that. That Chanel hat? I like it. I could pull that off.

GQ: There were gender-fluid elements to the way you dressed long before it became a national conversation.
PHARRELL: It started with the “I can pull that off” thing. I wore a lot of Chanel, and I wore tons of Céline. Like, I got all the O.G. Céline. Because they were clothes I could fit in. When you listen to yourself and you're comfortable in who you are, you wear what you feel like fits and looks right on you. And that's it.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Thanks 1

This is so true. I just order some tops sold as women's. I plan to incorporate them into my daily wear. I wore a similar top today under my leopard hoodie, the color of the top blended well with the hoodie.

About a decade ago I had a "I can pull that off" moment and decided to give women's booties a try, only 1.5 to 2.5 inch back then. People noticed since all of a sudden I was taller. So what, they were comfortable.  I haven't bought a men's shoe of any kind since.

I had another"I can pull that off" moment about two years ago and I've had colored fingernails ever since. And I love it.

2 hours ago, kneehighs said:

When you listen to yourself and you're comfortable in who you are, you wear what you feel like fits and looks right on you. And that's it

So listen to yourself and be  comfortable in who you are, wear what fits and looks right.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cali said:

This is so true. I just order some tops sold as women's. I plan to incorporate them into my daily wear. I wore a similar top today under my leopard hoodie, the color of the top blended well with the hoodie.

Same with tops!  Lots of lace, silk, and cami's for me.  Last Saturday on a pseudo date I wore a cream lace women's top, blazer, delicate gold necklace...and skinny pants tucked into riding boots  with just a 2" heel...but it was unmistakably comfortable.  And "me".

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Same with tops!  Lots of lace, silk, and cami's for me.  Last Saturday on a pseudo date I wore a cream lace women's top, blazer, delicate gold necklace...and skinny pants tucked into riding boots  with just a 2" heel...but it was unmistakably comfortable.  And "me".

How did it go?

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:25 AM, kneehighs said:

I'm with you on that!  For domestic flights, I almost always stick with Jet Blue b/c the in flight entertainment is A+.  For international, I NEVER take American or United for the same reasons. My experience with Air France has been A+. YMMV.

Girl is still cute though.  Shot her a couple DM's on Instagram.  She said she'd be into meeting for a drink.   Doubtful I'll follow through, but fun waste of time.

So true....Even I had to pay one of those ridiculous change fees the last time we traveled....Can't count on stand by space, so usually buy tickets...All the criticisms are valid, I wonder how UA got out of paying for that guitar, but it doesn't surprise me.  Things started downhill in the 70s when the airlines were deregulated, then the internet finished us off, which is why everything is priced a la carte....So, the airlines can post phony low fares on the web and get to the top of the list.    Air travel in the US is definitely torture....

All that being said, I still get frustrated when folks set themselves up for failure...  Connecting through a hub with only 40 minutes between flights.  Flying down to Miami leaving only two hours to get to their ocean cruise.  Parents that bring little children on a four hour flight with no toys, snacks, etc....Oh well, only a few more years until I can retire, let the youngsters take over.... The smallest people bringing the largest/heaviest "carry ons", expecting help stowing that crap...  Hmm, seems like I better retire!

Edited by pebblesf
addition
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Oh well, only a few more years until I can retire, let the youngsters take over.... The smallest people bringing the largest/heaviest "carry ons", expecting help stowing that crap...  Hmm, seems like I better retire!

On the other hand, MCE is brilliant.  I don’t fly enough to have status anymore, but for a small fee I bought my way up to priority check in, security, boarding, and free alcohol just like all the F and EXP people.  Plus the bulkhead seat.  The FA on the flight asked me how I walk in my heels.  I said practice, one inch at a time!  

BF00EFF5-DD35-4229-8227-23026178E11E.thumb.jpeg.479f6f4a253bd3905b95caf9f2b8b164.jpeg

A1623A62-F0FF-4594-B362-4D7E9EC4A84F.thumb.jpeg.cb41fa91b9ad24c681f3b8e2c365debe.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

On the other hand, MCE is brilliant.  I don’t fly enough to have status anymore, but for a small fee I bought my way up to priority check in, security, boarding, and free alcohol just like all the F and EXP people.  Plus the bulkhead seat.  The FA on the flight asked me how I walk in my heels.  I said practice, one inch at a time!  

BF00EFF5-DD35-4229-8227-23026178E11E.thumb.jpeg.479f6f4a253bd3905b95caf9f2b8b164.jpeg

A1623A62-F0FF-4594-B362-4D7E9EC4A84F.thumb.jpeg.cb41fa91b9ad24c681f3b8e2c365debe.jpeg

Yeah, MCE is a less pricey way to get a little better seat.  Unfortunately, many of our planes don't have enough overhead space to accomodate all the MCE carryons resulting in passenger frustration and traffic jams while the bags are being stored and retrieved from behind the MCE seats.  Thanks for flying on us buddy, let me know what flights you are on, will check to see if anyone I know is working that particular flight....If so, you and the crew can share some laughs at my expense!

19 hours ago, pebblesf said:

So true....Even I had to pay one of those ridiculous change fees the last time we traveled....Can't count on stand by space, so usually buy tickets...All the criticisms are valid, I wonder how UA got out of paying for that guitar, but it doesn't surprise me.  Things started downhill in the 70s when the airlines were deregulated, then the internet finished us off, which is why everything is priced a la carte....So, the airlines can post phony low fares on the web and get to the top of the list.    Air travel in the US is definitely torture....

All that being said, I still get frustrated when folks set themselves up for failure...  Connecting through a hub with only 40 minutes between flights.  Flying down to Miami leaving only two hours to get to their ocean cruise.  Parents that bring little children on a four hour flight with no toys, snacks, etc....Oh well, only a few more years until I can retire, let the youngsters take over.... The smallest people bringing the largest/heaviest "carry ons", expecting help stowing that crap...  Hmm, seems like I better retire!

I always fly 1 day in advance of the cruise then don't buy cruise insurance. The $'s saved on the over priced insurance pays for my hotel, like a free extra day of vacation. Love the Cuban district in Miami near the docks. Great food, also been in heels doing it. No hills in Miami. 

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Yeah, MCE is a less pricey way to get a little better seat.  Unfortunately, many of our planes don't have enough overhead space to accomodate all the MCE carryons resulting in passenger frustration and traffic jams while the bags are being stored and retrieved from behind the MCE seats.  Thanks for flying on us buddy, let me know what flights you are on, will check to see if anyone I know is working that particular flight....If so, you and the crew can share some laughs at my expense!

I just came off of 1683... see if you know the guy who asked about my heels :)

1683 today??  Or, the other day??  AUS-PHL?   Don

4 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I always fly 1 day in advance of the cruise then don't buy cruise insurance. The $'s saved on the over priced insurance pays for my hotel, like a free extra day of vacation. Love the Cuban district in Miami near the docks. Great food, also been in heels doing it. No hills in Miami. 

Makes sense for sure....Why anyone would want to sweat missing a cruise or close international connection that way....It is so nice to get there the night before, relax, have a nice dinner and a restful sleep knowing you are where you need to be....Oh well.  

I get so upset at AA for even booking close connections like that for international trips or other rarely served destinations....Just setting folks up for failure even if the first flight is on time....It takes 10-15 minutes just to get off the plane if you are seating towards the rear of the aircraft.  

And yes, Miami is certainly a heels friendly environment....