The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

In NYC, wore black stiletto pumps with track pants, a blazer, a white button down shirt out the other night.  A guy came from nowhere and excitedly asked me "are you wearing heels?" The voice tone was friendly.  My answer was "yes".  His response was "you're more of a man than me!" Then he went back to sit with a girl he was talking to.  

• Like 6

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 11/1/2018 at 9:12 AM, kneehighs said:

In NYC, wore black stiletto pumps with track pants, a blazer, a white button down shirt out the other night.  A guy came from nowhere and excitedly asked me "are you wearing heels?" The voice tone was friendly.  My answer was "yes".  His response was "you're more of a man than me!" Then he went back to sit with a girl he was talking to.  

I would say you might well have given that fellow something to think about. I’ve always said that’s it’s rare when men compliment us on our fashion, so when that does happen, it means a man has broadened his mind to consider other types of fashion.

• Like 3

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

3 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Kneehighs, perhaps you should have told him what a chick magnet a guy in heels is. ;-)

Or maybe the girl he was sitting with pointed it out to him.

"See there a man out in heels, why can't you do it?";)

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2018 at 3:27 PM, kneehighs said:

Here's some online feedback I recently received.  2 laughed.  Both that laughed followed up with "you look great though" or "you killed it".  One just downright digged it. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 6.23.23 PM.png

Where did you post this to get online feedback?

11 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Nice! I use both of those but admit I have some friends who don’t know about my heeling and I am not sure how they’d react

I am new to heels, and I don’t go out of my way to solicit the opinion of my friends about it.  I don’t think their reaction matters to me or my choices.  I’d rather hear from the people here at HHP, because you all have taste and give constructive feedback.  Over time my shoes will probably find their way into various pictures on social platforms, and it might confirm what they might expect from me, or they learn something new.  Those who don’t know how to react will likely stay silent.  

• Like 4

KneeHighs,

I'm glad you made a splash in NYC. Really I think you could have walked down the street in thigh high boots with stiletto heels and just blended into the enormity of that urban landscape. Is that you in the black blazer and white shirt in the fourth photo standing next to a woman?? The two certainly look nice. HappyinHeels

• Like 2

Knee highs!  You'd best be careful.  Otherwise you'll be the only person I know that has to pay child support in 10 different currencies!   ;-)

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 5 weeks later...

@Bubba136 That's funny.  I'm fortunate, but also careful.  

Going to treat myself to a Chanel brooch pin. Versatility is key.  I will get a pale gold color that goes with gold or silver accessories. 

Will wear it like the girls in the attached photos.   Almost copying everything about their style.

For use with sweaters, blazers, and coats.

Absolutely can not wait!!

chanel brooch blazer.jpg

chanel brooch outerwear.jpg

chanel brooch blazer shorts.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

On 12/6/2018 at 3:48 PM, kneehighs said:

@Bubba136 That's funny.  I'm fortunate, but also careful.  

Going to treat myself to a Chanel brooch pin. Versatility is key.  I will get a pale gold color that goes with gold or silver accessories. 

Will wear it like the girls in the attached photos.   Almost copying everything about their style.

For use with sweaters, blazers, and coats.

Absolutely can not wait!!

chanel brooch blazer.jpg

I'm liking those leather looking leggings! I must try that myself!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, JeffB said:

Sweet baby Jesus! How short of a hemline was she wearing!

Hemline irrelevant in the privacy of one's home.  Especially pre and post "work out"

5 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

Where is your brooch pin  ?

Still need to get one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kneehighs said:

Hemline irrelevant in the privacy of one's home.  Especially pre and post "work out"

Well, that answers my question!  :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Cali said:

Was she even wearing a skirt is the better question? I suspect some sort of bodysuit instead.

Lack of body suit would be a more accurate description. 

• Haha 3