The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

OUTFIT: black straight leg women's Mango trousers, khaki women's H&M blazer with unique lapel, men's tuxedo oxford top worn untucked, and 4.5" 9West pumps. WHO: a. Some girls from San Francisco b. Some random girls, I didn't ask where they were from c. Some girls from London d. Some girls who from Ukraine, but residing in NYC WHERE: penthouse bar in the Standard Hotel, Meat Packing District After watching a group of 8 people get rejected at the door tonight, I breathed a sigh of relief as I passed through the pearly gates into the land flowing with milk and honey (women I mean). Immediately upon getting to the elevator, a girl approached me and complimented me on my tuxedo top, indicating she thought it was a nice shirt. Once we got to the penthouse, I mentioned while waiting at the bar how surprised I was that she complimented my shirt and not my shoes. My demeanor is now so non-chalant in heels, it's almost like saying "I'm surprised you didn't notice I was guy" Her response didn't even further the focus on the heels, but said, "your heels are higher than mine today" I waited till about 12 to start really "working the room" and saw a group of 3 girls standing against the wall by themselves. I opened one girl with "my heels are as patent as yours." She looked down and started to challenge me on why I would wear heels. Again, I'm so accepting of myself, it's contagious and as soon as I told her "I just wear what I want to wear without really inhibiting myself" she agreed it was cool, but decided to try and test me more by bringing her friend into the convo. She pointed to my shoes, but her friend instead (who was wearing pink stiletto pumps and a sexy skirt) wound up complimenting my pants and blazer. HA! (see picture 1 and 5) Moving on, I saw a beautiful blonde in a blazer and Loub pumps. Ahh, swoon--an outfit I would wear. A girl I would bang because she dressed exactly as I would dress. My heart was stolen and I had to start a convo. Within minutes I was locked into a convo with her and her friend who were both from London. Within minutes i bounced them upstairs to a bed overlooking the skyline. Naturally, I sat between the two girls and was in heaven. See photos. (pictures 2-4) After those girls bounced, I met a girl from Ukraine. She was wearing Marc by Marc Jacobs open toe pumps. We made out in a corner and more for about 2 hours while her sister walked around alone. Her sister who is a model is single and is looking to meet a new guy. Naturally, I thought of Pam (who has a little bit of game). Anyhow, it turns out both sisters were sexually excited about my pumps. Literally, the blonde model almost jumped out of her skin when her sister showed my pumps to her. Despite her sisted and i really hitting it off sexually, I sat my pumps into her sisters lap to flirt and she ate it up. In the elevator ride down, some dude was trying to steal both of my girls at the last minute which I didn't even interpret as a threat for a second. He was trying to pick up the blonde so I turned my back to the blonde and squishe my backside into her frontside. Then I made out with my girl, sanwiched between two sisters who were both aroused. It was great wacthing homeboy try to win that one. (no pictures, my iphone battery died)

post-287-0-65363500-1336815880_thumb.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I think the bottom line beyond shame and guilt those with less confidence may experience is that many experience unnecessary limits regarding their own social desirability.

The key is realizing with all your existential powers that you are unconditionally socially desirable, regardless of how superior or inferior you compare to other people. Regardless of how cool/rich/famous or uncool your friends are. You are unconditionally socially desirable and nothing can change that--EVER. Girls tend to be incredibly open and arguably almost seeking of these types of alternative social experiences. If you want to sexualize that experience, then learning some skills needs to take place. If not, it's just as well as long as you are living your own vision for life.

Steve63130--thanks for your compliments. Regarding my giving back to the community, I owe no one any explanation. I've done organized 4 World Heel Meets and created threads which almost re-create themselves absent my participation, in the form of "residual posts" (freestyle fashion pictures). As my ambitions evolve in life, there are greater returns on my investments elsewhere for me, where I now find my time is better spent. Maybe it's your time and your place for ambitious personal investment, but it's no longer mine. Accept and move on from trying to hold me accountable to more frequent posting and giving back, thanks.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

KH, As you wish, of course. It's your time and effort and you're free to do whatever you like. You've done a tremendous amount for this forum and I and many others appreciate it. We hope you stay, or at least consider checking in from time to time. Your articulate posts are inspirational, and a lot of us have admired them, so while it's true that you don't owe this community anything, you're in a unique position to contribute ideas and motivation to people who appreciate it. A lot. Best wishes. Steve

Twas date time on Friday night, with a local Ukranian girl I had met last week. After securing the belated approval of her sister, I knew I was in. If I win over the friends, then my "target" has no need to fear losing social status among her peers for being seen with a guy in heels. One key ingredient that catapulted the Ukranian's "approval" was the popularity of the Ukranian rock group Kazaky. That association of men in heels as cool was already established for me by the rock group.

Inquiring minds should go to the World Heel Meet in London on November 31-Dec. 1 if you want to know more, where I'll be happy to divulge details.

post-287-0-57279600-1337567709_thumb.jpg

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting how I have to strive to remember the last time I wear heels out and about anymore. Anyhow, last night I went out to a

Lagerfeld party in these 4.5" Oxford Wedges.

If you want more details, come to the 10th Anniversary World Heel Meet :rocker:

Edited by kneehighs

KH are those the Lovefury pumps in your last few pics?

If they are how are you liking them? I got a pair and I have enjoyed them so far.

I had to google Lovefury to see what you meant and presumably, you meant the Lovefury shoe by Nine West? The Lovefury's I saw come with a platform, not my cup of tea but enjoy!

...Perhaps we should start promoting high heels as an "investment!"

...Steve

Wearing high heels as a man is a perfect way to make yourself memorable. It's such a novel experience for most people, that it can instantly make the freestyler somebody easy to remember. Heck I remember seeing a girl in Starbucks I had dated years earlier. She clearly recalled me because of the heels. I'd link to both the original date and the reunion posts, but I can't go back in the hhplace.org search engines more than a year. Hopefully, the mods get to my question in the tech forum about this. A similar effect is seen with the door guy at The Standard Hotel roof top bar in New York City. This is the bar that celebrities, A listers, and high B listers from NYC's social scene visit.

The door guy not only recognizes me immediately at the door at the Standard, but he also instantly recognizes me at ACNE store opening party in NYC and while I wasn't wearing pumps that day, the pumps no doubt helped him remember me at the party where I had a beautiful Swedish model with me (social proof that I have hot women with me at "cool parties").

I think it can be borderline "gimmicky", but if the memory is backed with substance, I think it could be a gimmick to help build fame. Just look at stylist Victor Blanco in Spain or Brayan Boy out of the Phillipines (who was at one time a member here). While neither guys may to this date regularly still wear heels, I'm assuming both and especially Brayan Boy are on top of their fame game and living an easier life and earning money easily because of it.

... The door guy not only recognizes me immediately at the door at the Standard, but he also instantly recognizes me at ACNE store opening party in NYC ...

As it was at ACNE, surely you were 'spotted' and not just recognised? :silly:

Edited by Puffer

Wearing high heels as a man is a perfect way to make yourself memorable. It's such a novel experience for most people, that it can instantly make the freestyler somebody easy to remember

I couldn’t agree more. I know wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels is a little more than just heels when it comes to making a memorable impression but the same idea applies. I do try to conduct myself in a way that my appearance is memorable and is associated with a positive memory.

I have had a number of people open conversations with me with, “I remember seeing you at…”. Occasionally they ask about my footwear but most often the conversation is about the event where they saw me.

If you have conducted yourself well, people remember that when they see you again. My boots serve as a memorable item, but that memory (I hope) is associated with the concept of “nice guy”, at least that is what I have experienced on second and subsequent meetings. I have clerks in all the stores I frequent that go out of their way to wave and say “Hi”, and I don’t notice them doing that for other customers.

This leads to my sermonette:

Freestyling (especially in thigh boots) is not something to do if you wish to remain incognito. If you don’t want folks to see your heels, don’t wear them out in public.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

THBG, Thanks for the sermonette. I 'm with you. If you don't want your heels to be seen, then don't wear heels in public. I like to show off my heels in public, that's why I wear them! Happy Heeling, bluejay

I couldn’t agree more. I know wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels is a little more than just heels when it comes to making a memorable impression but the same idea applies. I do try to conduct myself in a way that my appearance is memorable and is associated with a positive memory.

I have had a number of people open conversations with me with, “I remember seeing you at…”. Occasionally they ask about my footwear but most often the conversation is about the event where they saw me.

If you have conducted yourself well, people remember that when they see you again. My boots serve as a memorable item, but that memory (I hope) is associated with the concept of “nice guy”, at least that is what I have experienced on second and subsequent meetings. I have clerks in all the stores I frequent that go out of their way to wave and say “Hi”, and I don’t notice them doing that for other customers.

This leads to my sermonette:

Freestyling (especially in thigh boots) is not something to do if you wish to remain incognito. If you don’t want folks to see your heels, don’t wear them out in public.

THBG,

Thanks for the sermonette. I 'm with you. If you don't want your heels to be seen, then don't wear heels in public. I like to show off my heels in public, that's why I wear them!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I agree with you TBG, being recognised is one thing.

Being recognised as a a person people can go around with is better.

Regards.

Wearing heels can actually be a peripheral part of developing BRAND YOU, if you so choose. And if you know the other foundational elements to BRAND YOU, your life focus gains clarity. You immediately gain what Napoleon Hill calls a Major Life Purpose, which after interviewing the world's most successful people for over 25 years caused Hill to conclude was the key core ingredient to personal financial success. Surely, it seems like a strech, but wearing heels can be a powerful symbol of someone who is authentically themself and confident of it, regardless of what society has lead us to believe is right or wrong.

So if Steve wants to talk about wearing heels as an investment, then this is one pathway to that. :rocker:

but wearing heels can be a powerful symbol of someone who is authentically themself and confident of it, regardless of what society has lead us to believe is right or wrong.

Great posts here and I really like how this sounds

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

I finally pulled together the courage to do pumps with shorts. It started with dinner, traversed to a nearby club, to cabbing on Houston, to the meat packing district.

I'll have to do this again to see if it's really "me" because admittedly, it's stretching my boundaries more than I'm used to doing. In other words, pumps with shorts attracts ALOT more attention than pumps with pants, which isn't an issue for me to wear anymore. I want to carefully weigh the risks vs. rewards and almost want to consult a publicity expert on the matter to see how it might potentially affect my career trajectory.

For more stories, be sure to go to The hhplace 10th Anniversary World Heel Meet in London, where I can share all sorts of details.

I honestly am not a big fan of heels with shorts for either gender. It's a strange juxtaposition in my opinion. But hey, it doesn't stop people from doing it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I honestly am not a big fan of heels with shorts for either gender. It's a strange juxtaposition in my opinion. But hey, it doesn't stop people from doing it.

I respect that. Whatever works for you and where you live and who you socialize with etc.

In the world of high fashion from New York, Milan and Paris which sets the trends which trickle down to more rural geographic locations and trickle down to mainstream commercial outlets, heels with shorts are a common mix. That just happens to be the world I operate in atm.

I like the look of shorts and high heels. The only time I have ever worn high heels with shorts in public was when I saw a pair of high heels I wanted to try on and I happened to be wearing shorts. I did try them on and walked a round in them and I know several people noticed me. I didn't buy the high heels because I didn't like the fit. But i also didn't give a thought about trying them on while wearing shorts.

I finally pulled together the courage to do pumps with shorts. It started with dinner, traversed to a nearby club, to cabbing on Houston, to the meat packing district.

I'll have to do this again to see if it's really "me" because admittedly, it's stretching my boundaries more than I'm used to doing. In other words, pumps with shorts attracts ALOT more attention than pumps with pants, which isn't an issue for me to wear anymore. I want to carefully weigh the risks vs. rewards and almost want to consult a publicity expert on the matter to see how it might potentially affect my career trajectory.

For more stories, be sure to go to The hhplace 10th Anniversary World Heel Meet in London, where I can share all sorts of details.

I have worn heels with shorts. Last week I arrived at the hotel I normally stay in Shorts and heels. Stayed dressed that way thru dinner and at the lounge till 1030 PM. I had a lady asked where I bought my shoes and I told her "ALDO". That was the only comment from mid-afternoon.

I think that if you are comfortable - Go for it. I enjoy it.

Henri.

I have worn heels with shorts. Last week I arrived at the hotel I normally stay in Shorts and heels. Stayed dressed that way thru dinner and at the lounge till 1030 PM. I had a lady asked where I bought my shoes and I told her "ALDO". That was the only comment from mid-afternoon.

I think that if you are comfortable - Go for it. I enjoy it.

Henri.

I've worn heels with shorts before too. In fact, I did it years ago and posted photos of myself with a beautiful blonde (who just landed a solo page in American Vogue as an It Girl) as evidence. They were booties.

But I've never worn pumps with shorts before and to me, it's a personal sticking point. Socially, it's not a problem for me. Professionally however, I'm challenged a little bit in all honesty and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

Some of it has to do with the fact that EVERYWHERE I go in New York City, I know someone. I'm not anonymous. I'm not famous by any means, I just know a good number of people. Thus, there will be ramifications for me. Mostly, I've concluded that people will assume I'm gay. Beyond that, my primary concern is the potential effect it will have on my career trajectory as I'm planning on expanding my influence to beyond just the fashion industry to include other industries as well. And in other industries where TRUST is the key determinant of long term professional relationship success, wearing heels matters to a "young guy" like myself.

So while as a person I'm socially comfortable wearing pumps with shorts in public places around other people, I still have to be mindful of the possible unintended consequences such style may bring upon myself.

Edited by kneehighs

Like the old saying: you pay your money and take your choice. Or, as my father used to tell me: "Actions have consequences. Be sure your shoulders are broad enough to bare the consequences of your actions." It's a crap shoot as you know. Do what ever you decide and sort it out later. And, as well as you obviously prepare, I'd be surprised if any decision/action you take would be totally unsuccessful.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks Bubba! One thing I was just thinking back on: In my heeling history, I've been threatened three times with the escalation of physical violence. If I could go back in the archives and search beyond one year, I could link to the posts. I was trying to analyze the common denominators for each incident: standard night clubs, girls, and my heels. By standard nightclubs, I mean clubs that don't have a strict velvet rope policy. I've never had any issue with higher status clubs with an exclusive door policy. But in each of the three cases, I was at a standard NYC nightclub that only had a moderately tough door. In each of the three cases, women were present. In the first case, a guy told me to leave the premise and it turned out, he didn't even know the girl I had started a conversation with. In the second case, a group of guys approached me as I was leaving a club with two girls. And in the third case, a guy pulled my shirt on the dance floor when I was dancing with a girl I had gone to the club with. In the first case, I was wearing skinny jeans and stiletto pumps. In the second case, I was wearing skinny pants and stiletto pumps, and in the third case I was wearing oxford heels with shorts. I think beyond alcohol being involved, the most significant contributing factor to the room for violence was the non-exclusive door. Thoughts?

Edited by kneehighs

Thanks Bubba!

One thing I was just thinking back on: In my heeling history, I've been threatened three times with the escalation of physical violence. If I could go back in the archives and search beyond one year, I could link to the posts.

I was trying to analyze the common denominators for each incident: standard night clubs, girls, and my heels. By standard nightclubs, I mean clubs that don't have a strict velvet rope policy. I've never had any issue with higher status clubs with an exclusive door policy. But in each of the three cases, I was at a standard NYC nightclub that only had a moderately tough door.

In each of the three cases, women were present. In the first case, a guy told me to leave the premise and it turned out, he didn't even know the girl I had started a conversation with. In the second case, a group of guys approached me as I was leaving a club with two girls. And in the third case, a guy pulled my shirt on the dance floor when I was dancing with a girl I had gone to the club with.

In the first case, I was wearing skinny jeans and stiletto pumps. In the second case, I was wearing skinny pants and stiletto pumps, and in the third case I was wearing oxford heels with shorts.

I think beyond alcohol being involved, the most significant contributing factor to the room for violence was the non-exclusive door. Thoughts?

I think you have nailed. I would also tend to believe the more exclusive locations tend to allow, for lack of a better term - abstract options as long as the intentions are still genuine. The clientel probably has a somewhat better education, financial status, and a more worldly view - - not always, but seems to be in most cases.

Kneehighs: I'm not the clubbing type, but I would agree that any social establishment that will let pretty much anyone and everyone in the door will lead to the sort of behavior you described from trolls who love to stir up trouble for no other reason than because they can. In such instances, caution is most definitely the watchword.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!