The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

Thanks for uploading the video, Heel-D. It was interesting to speak with Robert Verdi.

The weakness in my approach is that I was not in stilettos when "selling" him. Thus, Robert was merely reacting to the Idea of men in heels, versus responding to the Reality.

Additionally, his reasoning was conservatively economically anchored. ;) He focused on how heels for men wouldn't SELL in the marketplace, as opposed to focusing on the potential artistic and creative appeal of a man in heels.

It was fun though! Next year I wont be caught dead standing next to the French Vogue editor :o wearing flats! I'd love to see what her response would be.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Manhattan: The Graveyard of Hope

Posted Image

Went out tonight and tested life in the big city wearing my black stiletto pumps. I had two conversations with two beautiful women, both of which lead to an exchange of phone numbers and one lead to a "close" for a date on Sunday evening.

Posted Image

I presented myself exactly as you see in the picture above. There was no hiding what I was wearing. The first I spoke with was was a blonde who was wearing a pair of Nine West Studio stiletto boots for $350...supposedly...she admitted to being a shoe addict many times over. When she asked me where I purchased my pumps at I replied, "Jimmy Choo" (as a joke). Then she said, "you lie. I have the exact same pair of Nine West pumps from about two years ago." She was accurate. For the next twenty minutes we talked about boots, pumps, and shoes.

I said I like to wear pumps becuase they make my legs look longer, they force my posture into a better upright position, and they make me walk with more elegance. She nodded her head and agreed with me.

She couldn't believe that I was straight and apologized for asking if I liked men or women. She said it was a rude question, but once I answered, it was no longer a part of our conversation. She was relaxed being seen with me in pumps, even around her friends. She said her friends are into what she is into.

The second girl I spoke with actually agreed to meet me for a french dinner on Sunday. We'll see what happens. She did remark that I would be dressed "prettier" than her if I wore my stiletto pumps, which I fully intend to do if I decide to get together with her.

Overall, a fun night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/creditech/DSCF0922.jpg

Thanks for the story. You look great. It's amazing that you keep getting so possitive responses from women. I can't help feeling it's got something to do with the person wearing them, rather than the pumps. I just know women wouldn't react that positive to me in the same situations.

Pumps - I wholeheartedly agree it has a lot to do with the person wearing the pumps. My thigh boots have generated what I considered a little interest, more curiosity than interest, maybe three times in three years, but nothing like our friend Kneehighs.:o I am in admiration of to his great adventures, and offering my thanks for sharing them with the rest of us.;)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thanks for the story. You look great. It's amazing that you keep getting so possitive responses from women. I can't help feeling it's got something to do with the person wearing them, rather than the pumps. I just know women wouldn't react that positive to me in the same situations.

Pumps -

I wholeheartedly agree it has a lot to do with the person wearing the pumps. My thigh boots have generated what I considered a little interest, more curiosity than interest, maybe three times in three years, but nothing like our friend Kneehighs.:o

I am in admiration of to his great adventures, and offering my thanks for sharing them with the rest of us.;)

Glad you guys appreciate the thread.

I do think my personality has something to do with my good fortune which leads me to repeat my formula:

Attitude (personality) + Attire (clothing) = Assimilation (acceptance)

Kneehighs, you are such an inspiration to many of us, and I hope someday to head over your direction, and finally meet you. Keep up the GREAT reporting on events going on!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting how this story evolved. First, this girl and I met through Hot Or Not. Whats interesting is that she did not sign up for the hot or not account, a friend of hers uploaded the pics to the internet for her and activated an account for her as a surprise.

So one day she was clicking through the various pictures of the guys with her mum standing behind her. When she got to my picture, her mum immediately exclaimed, "Click YES on him! He looks like he'd be good for a barrel of fun."

While we were working our way through the tasting menu at Souk Medina, she told me that her mum was quite a conservative and old fashioned individual.

I wonder what her mum would think when she found out what her suggestion actually lead to? :o Very fun individual she was.

;)

Interesting how this story evolved. First, this girl and I met through Hot Or Not. Whats interesting is that she did not sign up for the hot or not account, a friend of hers uploaded the pics to the internet for her and activated an account for her as a surprise.

So one day she was clicking through the various pictures of the guys with her mum standing behind her. When she got to my picture, her mum immediately exclaimed, "Click YES on him! He looks like he'd be good for a barrel of fun."

While we were working our way through the tasting menu at Souk Medina, she told me that her mum was quite a conservative and old fashioned individual.

I wonder what her mum would think when she found out what her suggestion actually lead to? :smile: Very fun individual she was.

:o

You bad man!! :P

;)

Dude, sounds like an absolute blast! Fine (and naughty!) looking ladies as well!!

Do you have a picture of your full outfit? From what I've seen, it looks quite good!

Hope you have a good time in Ireland.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Heels in Dublin: Temple Bar

Posted Image

Check out the local? I don't know the exact temp that night, but it seemed to me that most of the local men would just go out with a t-shirt on!

Posted Image

Heels at the DUB airport

Just trying for some interesting pics in Dublin

St. Stephen's Green

Something fun happened last night in Barcelona. I went out to Club 13 in the heart of the Gothic Barrio. As I was tired from a long, long day of people watching and sight seeing, I didn't spruce up much for the night: red ruched side INC shirt, shiny Calvin Klein sport jacket, red Zara coat, Seven Jeans (bootcut--eeck!), and Nine West stiletto boots with a 4" heel.

Apparently, the manager of the club liked my shoes. As soon as I walked into the club, I went downstairs to the dance floor bar to get a drink. Then, the manager, who looked like the lead singer from Midnight Oil, came down to me and told me how much he liked my shoes. He held his thumb up and even gave me a little square card good for a free drink. As the bartender was already mixing my drink, he told her to add more liquor to my drink! ;)

About another thirty minutes passed by when a girl with a camera came by and asked if she could take my picture for the Revive La Noche (bring back the night) web site. I said sure and you can see my "drab" outfit HERE.

After I finished my one cocktail, I went home, alone, and fell fast asleep. Barcelona is indeed a great city...

Barcelona is indeed a beautiful and scenic place. Here's a photo of La Sagrada Familia I took in November 1999. Not quite as much finished as in your photo. That's the BW (Beautiful Wife, sob) under the umbrella at the right (not a good likeness).

Posted Image

Sounds like you're having a great time in Barcelona KH. Cool about getting your picture taken and on the club's website - both top half and heels! I'd like to visit Barcelona and will consider this club for a drink or too when I visit (it looks quite laid back). I love the shoes on the first girl BTW - she looks cute too! ;)

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

BobHH Sounds like you've done a fair share of traveling yourself too. Fortunately, it wasn't snowing when I was there. It was warm enough to rent a bike to ride around, which really sped up the learning curve for me.

HeelD Yeah, the crowd was laid back. For a Monday night I consider myself lucky to have even discovered that place though.

Great night out again. It seemed like everything was clicking in my favor tonight. The first thing I did was sit at the bar and order a pizza. Within a few minutes, this girl for whom this pic doesn't do justice, struck up a conversation with me. We didn't talk about heels, but we did have some good laughs.

Posted Image

As you can see, the scenery was excellent Not too much later on in the night, I started to get impatient standing at one spot talking with just one female. So I started to walk around a bit. Up by the entrance, I met some girl who was doing work on her cell phone. I challenged her with the usual "my shoes are pointier than yours line." Of course she looked down and agreed. All she said was ,"your wearing some really pointy shoes then" When I realized that she failed to see the 4" stiletto heel on my boot, I pointed it out to her. Her reaction was the classic shock, "Oh my god." as she bent her face down to within inches of my heels. "you're wearing stilettos!" I said, "Yeah, what are you wearing?" And she volunteered her shoe up against mine and showed me her kitten heels to which I playfully replied, "you're cheating".

"But why stilettos??" she asked. I said, "Why not? Why should women have all the fun. Go into any shoe store for women and its like heaven with three or four different walls of selection to choose from. Go into a mans shoe store, typically the range of choice goes down and they are boring" Then she asked again later on in the conversation, "but why stilettos?" So I fed her some other lines, "they make my otherwise short legs appear longer, they make me walk more elegantly, they make my posture better...why? Does the entire outfit look okay??" To which she said, "Yes!" "So you would have never noticed unless I had pointed it out to you then?" She said, "yeah, I wouldn't have noticed it!" And with that, we ended our conversation as her friends returned from coat check with her coat to leave.

Passing time between conversation was eye candy for any stiletto lover. Soon, I saw this beauty dancing next to the DJ. She must have been from Europe and stood at least 6' tall. True beauty at its finest. For the moment though, I'll refer to her later.

I did wind up talking in depth to two other women this evening. One was from Slovakia. We wound up doing more than talking and she totally loved my boots. Funny thing is that the friend she came with was into fetish stuff. She told me her friend was married, a swinger, and made special trips to the UK and Germany for fetish parties. In fact, she told me her friend had a special room built into her house to cater to her fetish interests. This surprised me a bit...I guess you never know who is into the scene. The Slovakian became a bit too clingy for me and within an hour I was finding myself feeling trapped and a bit impatient. Argghh.. time to move to more fun.

So I went and stood by the dance floor. Within a few minutes, a German girl started to give my non verbal signals she was interested in meeting me. The first? She danced right in front of me. The second? She looked at me out of the side of her eyes and when I looked at her, she would smile and look down. The third? When she made eye contact with me, she started to caress and comb her hair. It was like this just fell into my lap. We talked a bit and within about 20 minutes, she had to leave. She asked if she could stay with me for the night...I said not today (I don't reallly believe in one night stands in NYC...its easy enough to meet new women, but you never know what kind of psycho, weirdo, or stranger you might be letting into your house).

Back to the tall 6' beauty. At the coat check on my way out, she came up right behind me. So I looked at her shoes(on the left) and said, "finally, someone with shoes as pointy as mine!"

She looked at my shoes and said, "Yeah, but mine are much higher!"

(I almost choked laughing) to which I replied, "Oh really" as I held up my 4" stiletto heel she held up her heel naturally to compare. "Ha!" she replied...it was classic as she totally laughed about it.

Posted Image

The Meat Packing District on weekends is really a stiletto lovers paradise.

Yo, kneehighs! You certainly do get around, AND meet the most fascinating people! For a hopeless couch potato who never leaves the house at night (the lure of my HDTV is simply too irresistable! Heh!), reading your exploits is definitely entertaining. And the conversations you have with girls about shoes and heels is priceless! As for the blonde in the first pic, she kinda looks like Kirsten Dunst from the Spider-Man movies. Kinda. But maybe it's just my imagination. Anyhoo, more mpower to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

^ Hmm, maybe I should look into working with admirer5577 on this?

Oh my Goth, this purple shirt is gorgeous! I hope I'll get a simmilar one soon, because I really love the colour. Especially if it had French cuffs and a stand-up collar ;).

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Dear KH,

Greetings from a street-heeler from Barcelona. Original.

I happen to live not too far to Sagrada Familia, so I got quite shocked to realize you were here so close, and the next answer with a view I see every day when I wake up !!!

Take for granted that I would not have missed to at least try to meet you in person, we would have had a very funny time.

This is what happens when you read this excellent forum too much from time to time.

This city is very tolerant; I am just coming back from shopping in the city centre and almost nobody gives a toss about heeling. I took the underground and the bus back home; I am quite sure that only one lady noticed and she gave me a beautiful smile. Usual boots: Wedge-style boots (solid as rocks, you can walk on every floor on these) 5 inch heel. Good leather quality, they fit fine and are a pleasure to be worn.

Normality is the key attitude. Somebody will think you have a peculiar taste in footwear, but absolutely nothing more than this.

Again, it would have been very nice meeting you.

Hasta la proxima ! (Till next time)

Regards,

Something fun happened last night in Barcelona. I went out to Club 13 in the heart of the Gothic Barrio. As I was tired from a long, long day of people watching and sight seeing, I didn't spruce up much for the night: red ruched side INC shirt, shiny Calvin Klein sport jacket, red Zara coat, Seven Jeans (bootcut--eeck!), and Nine West stiletto boots with a 4" heel.

Apparently, the manager of the club liked my shoes. As soon as I walked into the club, I went downstairs to the dance floor bar to get a drink. Then, the manager, who looked like the lead singer from Midnight Oil, came down to me and told me how much he liked my shoes. He held his thumb up and even gave me a little square card good for a free drink. As the bartender was already mixing my drink, he told her to add more liquor to my drink! ;)

About another thirty minutes passed by when a girl with a camera came by and asked if she could take my picture for the Revive La Noche (bring back the night) web site. I said sure and you can see my "drab" outfit HERE.

After I finished my one cocktail, I went home, alone, and fell fast asleep. Barcelona is indeed a great city...

^ It would have been a pleasure to meet you! Perhaps you will be able to make it to our next Annual World Heel Meet 2008 though? It will be in London and should be relatively easy for you to make it. ;)

He, he this afternoon was fun.

I spent part of the afternoon shopping in SOHO. Stopped at French Connection, DKNY, Ben Sherman and a few other retailers. While I was walking up Greene street, I was daydreaming about my goals: how one day I would like my picture to be taken for a streetstyle section in a paper, magazine, or online site.

Anyhow, the first thing I did when I turned right on Prince was walk into Ben Sherman. As I was walking out, I saw This beauty walk in. Wow! She looked amazing!

I had to stop and wait for her outside so I could get a chance to talk to her. Anyhow, while I was standing on a stoop waiting for her to come out of Ben Sherman, an Asian girl with a camera, alot of lenses, and a notebook came up to me. She said, "excuse me, but do you mind if I take your picture? I'm taking pictures for a Japanese magazine."

Wow...how about that for fulfilling your goals--the law of attraction kicked in right away this time. I said, "Sure, go ahead!" The only thing that made me feel uncomfortable is that other people on the sidewalk had to stop and watch what she was taking a picture of. She took a couple of pictures, asked me where I bought my clothes, and took down my email address. Hopefully, it winds up in a streetstyle section of a magazine somewhere in Japan.

Sadly, I was only wearing flat Nine West knee high boots with my pants tucked into them (no heels). Anyhow, when the first beauty walked out of Ben Sherman, I ran up to her and started to chat with her. She said that she noticed my boots when she was walking in the door and told herself, "He has an Awesome pair of boots!"

After talking with this really friendly beauty, I decided to get some lunch at the Mercer Kitchen. As I was being hosted to my table, the guy was walking me to my table downstairs said, "nice boots, where did you get them?"

He, he...granted I was just wearing flats, but I was surely on a roll today.

My next goal will be to specify that I get my picture taken while wearing heels. I really think I can get it done.