The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

Kneehighs -

What a great night out.

I was going to comment on how lovely the ladies looked and contrast that with how excited you looked but I’ll pass on that.

I’m really starting to think the world is changing out there and guys can wear heels.

Great sorry, thanks for sharing with us.

PS. How do you get that many folks to pose for you?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

thighbootguy Your welcome for sharing the story. I think the girls pose because they are having fun. Plus, most girls like to have their pic taken when they are having fun and feeling great. So in answer to your question, the "poses" are spontaneaous extensions of the moment mostly.

booted Your welcome for sharing the story. In answer to your question, I usually ask one of their friends (if a friend is standing nearby) to take our pic. If they are alone, I'll just take the pic myself.

What's interesting is that two girls of the evening have already written me back. The Russian who tried on my heels and the BlondeBombshell. It just goes to show that the Real World -- as opposed to the online world -- is really ready for men in heels.

It's like fogborkenvv stated, "You've got to admit the heels are just one element in the package and if everything else wasn't right - outfit and personality it just wouldn't work."

gary0618 A whole bottle of grappa indeed, if our dear friend, dr1819 does indeed make it, it would be certain cause for celebration.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Promise me you WILL make it to the nyc heel meet and I'll have a bottle of it waiting for you. :evil: There are a few retailers here who carry a wide selection.

Deal! And I'd be honored if we shared it!

But let me find out whether or not I can even go before you make your purchase...

Dude! You're awsome!

The blond is indeed a bombshell, but I like the brunette in the last series of photos the most.

Now, if we could just figure out how to make a living promoting male heelwear by hanging around nice watering holes and nicer looking women, we'd have it made!

dr1819 -

Many years ago I was asked to speak at a high school career day. I gave a lot of thought about what to say and I finally came up with this formula for sucess

Learn to enjoy reading

Turn off the TV

Pay attention to the things you enjoy doing and then all you have to do is to find someone that is willing to pay you to do it. I really do enjoy my work. After many years, I still think writing code is fun. The challenge you have presented though is daunting indeed. “Now, if we could just figure out how to make a living promoting male heelwear by hanging around nice watering holes and nicer looking women”.

Maybe a shoe company would like to be a sponsor. :evil:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

... I like the brunette in the last series of photos the most.

I think she had a bit of an "S & M" and/or "gothic" side to her...the fabric on her top, the handcuff necklace, the real dark black hair, the pale skin...:evil: she was a definite cutie.

fashionablefun You know why I really said that? Because meeting new girls at a nightclub may be alot of fun, but I can always meet new girls anytime.

But I can't always meet new freestylers with class and style. That is a priceless experience to me :evil:

BobHH Ha! When I read your comment, I was like "that is soo true, the pumps are a "gimmick"....but it works, he, he. I used to use a grapho deck (short for graphology deck) as a gimmick...perhaps I should get that back out...I used it to analyze girls' handwriting.

• 3 weeks later...

What am amazing night it was tonight. Started out the night at ONE and met this beauty.

She was gorgeous and after awhile, she and her friend decided to go to Tanjune, the bar that a couple of days earlier, me and Kent couldn't get into.

But in this case, I decided to stay behind and enjoy myself at ONE, even after this girl was literally begging me to go with her. In an effort to divert her attention, I told her about my Nine West stilettos. To which she concluded, "You are a nice guy, intelligent, fun, good looking, I really don't give a s%$t."

And that was that. She left for Tanjune and I stayed behind at ONE. After realizing I was not going to meet any new women that I was interested in at ONE, I migrated to Tanjune, determined to get through the door. When the bouncer saw my pic with this girl, he said, "Have at it!" And when I discovered her, we had at it :evil:! By this time, which was one hour later, she had already told her friend about my stilettos. Her friend made no fuss about it at all, nor did she. As a matter of fact, my stilettos were as background as their shoes were. I think my personality took front focus to my clothes.

Overall, a girl who looks this good did not object to my stilettos, even after I decided to stay behind at ONE. My conclusion is that the stilettos really don't matter, at least here in NYC. The girls really respond to your personality more than they do your shoes.

but Kneehighs, What on earth are you doing telling us about it when its 4am your time!! :evil:

TB2

:D coyly shrinking from making immediate contact with her, believe it or not. :D

OUT TO FRIENDS

Posted Image

These are the Nine West boots I wore today with Seven Jeans, a black Van Gogh print t-shirt, and a waffle textured sport jacket

For lunch today I met up with some friends from an online travel community that I belong to. Part of what makes this online community so special is not only its worldwide membership of 750,000 + members, but the forums special focus on bringing members together in the real world. I've made some very special friendships in Holland, NYC, and Buenos Aires as a result of my membership there.

Anyhow, today we met in Union Square for lunch. A group of 6 guys who previously knew nothing about my heels. Did they know anything about my heels after the meet? I really don't know.

What I do know is that I had two minor experiences as a result of wearing the heels. One friend from NYC who I met in Buenos Aires of all places, looked a bit puzzled at my new height. I could see him go inside himself with a bit of confusion as he now looked up to me. No comments were made though and to tell you the truth, I doubt he would care.

Another minor event occurred when we were looking for someone to take a group pic of us. One guy blurted out, "I need someone in high heels so they can't run" and looked right at me when he said that. Perhaps that was an unconscious freudian slip. When we were having lunch, he was in full view of my boots and kept kicking (but made it appear accidental) my boots.

If I didn't want people to know that I wear heels, I wouldn't have worn them out with FRIENDS. So I am prepared to take the good responses with the bad and neutral. And to be frank, I go into situations like this ASSUMING that people will react favorably.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am looking forward to wearing my heels in front of other friends. "Coming Out" is quite exhilirating and something I hope more of us on this forum gather the courage to do.

Great boots, kneehighs! I wouldn't worry too much about the friends. After I came "out" at the recent pirate party, the guys didn't know what to think of me. I could tell they were nervous that one of their colleagues was cross-dressed as a female pirate. But when I returned to work Monday, and they realized I was the same old me, they relaxed a bit. I thought it was interesting that some of their wives had a different reaction, basically gathering around, asking questions, complements, etc. I think the difference in reactions may be one of the reasons why most men are as conservative in fashion as they are, because they don't want to be criticized by other men, or even to have them pull back a bit, or lose their "in" with the crowd.

• 2 weeks later...

Went shopping today in Bloomingdales. Had a funny reaction when walking through the womens clothing section. Walking through the INC. section, a store assistant clearly saw my heels. Her face hypnotized itself, she stopped what she was doing, and gazed at my heels as I walked next to her. I probably could have walked up to her and told her to cluck like a chicken, she was that hypnotized. As I left I lauged out loud--literally. I thought to myself, "Its more important to check out the guy in heels than to continue doing your job?" :rocker: Also went across the street to Zara. ramon020, eat your heart out...

• 2 weeks later...

^ Hmmm, I have locked away the beast within for awhile. Occassionally I have to chain him away for sake of maintaining balance and poise. But I was able to put this drawing together. Its what I do to people who stare at my stilettos:

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Central America for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I think the only place I saw a women wearing stilettos was in the mall. At most I saw four or five women wearing stilettos in a major Central American city. The majority stuck to wearing oblique or round toed shoes with a chunky heel.

Since I was visiting my family, I didn't get to wear my stilettos out. But I did get a quick snapshot of This advertisement depicting a man holding a white high heel. Also had the opportunity to walk through an indigenous Indian trail in the mountains, which created quite a view. After the hike through the trail, I stopped at my parents' home for a rest. Its always interesting to see how people transport themselves in foreign countries.

BobHH Oh yes! I´m very happy and proud to say that here, in Rio, we have lots of girls wearing heels. A nice pair of stiletto sandals can be bought for U$ 25,00 and they love it. This summer, fashion dictates flat heels :-( , but there are always those wearing high heels and the shoe shops are full of them. DeSalto

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

• 2 weeks later...

Hit the Meat Packing District this evening for a night on the town.

First, I met This cutie. What is interesting is how she learned about my stiletto pumps. Her friend was the first one to start up a conversation with me. She actually dragged my bar stool closer to hers and brought me into her conversation. Then a few minutes later, she went downstairs and checked their coats into coat check. After she came back, I excused myself for a moment to check my stuff into coat check as well. At which point, the brunnette pictured said to her friend, "He's cute"...and her friend replied, "Yeah, but he's wearing high heeled shoes". "And what do you think about that?" "You know what I think about that (implication-gay)." The funny thing is that I didn't even show either one of them my shoes. Women are very observant.

Then a group of their girl friends came and met up with us. Within minutes, another girl asked me, "whats up with the shoes?" Ha! She told me she had a heads up on my stilettos....I just told them all the truth really, "Why not? And since I've been this way all my life and its not something that is going to go away, why not enjoy it?" Then she asked, "are you comfortable in them?" "sure, sometimes the cobblestones can be a challenge though!" To which all the girls laughed. So, I showed the whole group of girls and guys my stilettos. One guy who was a typical jock looked really surprised. I told him, "I can read your mind right now..." to which he replied, "and what am I thinking?"

"You are thinking, boy this is strange"

To which he replied, "If its what makes you happy, then do it"

How is that for a good response from a typical 6'2" jock?

Overall, the girl pictured said my shoes were "pretty" and she meant that in an encouraging way too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Above are some typical shoe comparison contests.

And here is a picture of me walking down the street:

Posted Image

Yo, kneehighs: Wow! I must say, you certainly quite the adventurous fellow! That was quite a fun filled outing you had. Reading about your exploits are always enjoyable. And, as usual, you looked dressed to kill! More power to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

^Thanks JeffB. Those types of nightlife experiences are actually pretty common in "my world". To tell you the truth, I was supposed to have a date that evening with a young lady that admirer5577 and myself met during the Halloween Heel Meet. She called me at 4:00 while I was in line doing a return at Nine West of all places. The first words out of her mouth were, "I'm sooo sorry, but I was wondering if we could re-schedule sometime during the work week... " :irked:

Uh huh, yeah right! I said "no, I can't do that." and in my email to her I said something along the lines of "we made plans

you cancelled on me at the last minute..

I understand sometimes emergencies come up...

but when people make plans with me, I expect them to keep them.

I'll always respect your time but I expect that same respect back.

You call me when you know you can do that."

So I went out alone! :biggrin: Sat down at a bar, ordered some mini-reuben wrapped sandwiches, and within minutes I spotted a Russian/Hungarian beauty out of the corner of my eye approaching the bar. She smiled right at me and within minutes, she was caressing her hair, facing me on her stool, and leaving me with her phone number...where it leads I really don't care--it was fun just getting her number while wearing a great pair of pumps :huh:

That same evening, I met another girl who was wearing Bandolino pumps. She started to thread her fingers through my cross necklace, make good steady eye contact with me, and she even agreed to go out to dinner with me--provided I did NOT wear pumps. Sorry, can't do that. NEXT.

Fast Forward to today...I was wearing my Nine West 4" croco print pumps walking up 6th Avenue. I saw this beautiful blonde approaching me. Actually, we had similar bone structure...anyway, she stopped dead in her tracks and did a total 180 to catch a secong glimpse of my stilettos. :rocker: That was amusing.

That same evening, I met another girl who was wearing Bandolino pumps. She started to thread her fingers through my cross necklace, make good steady eye contact with me, and she even agreed to go out to dinner with me--provided I did NOT wear pumps. Sorry, can't do that. NEXT.

HA! I got a good chuckle from that! Good to read that you have standards and won't compromise your principles! Stand tall, kneehighs! Stand tall!

:rocker:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!