The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

Isn't it funny kneehighs, that in all those pics you wore the best shoes and highest heels. :evil:

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted Yeah, not many women wore stilettos in Prague. The oblique toe, low heeled loafer was popular there. You do have to credit the city with breaking away from communism only as recently as 1989. Being that the city has had only 17 years to Westernize and that it takes a couple of generations for total Westernization to settle in, Prague is doing a good job.

However, few women who I thought were locals wore stilettos. The high heels that I saw most women had thicker heels and round toes.

Then again, its not everyday people from the Americas get to see such brilliant architecture

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

ONE: testing, one, two, three

status: Nightlife venues in New York City remain popular only for a short while before they become outdated and dead. Will One still be a great nightlife spot -- maybe for the upcoming heel meet -- two years after its initial debut?

answer: Even on Labor Day Weekend, One still proved a pillar of success.

This Saturday I decided to "try" One again. Its now an older club, almost two years old. I was concerned that the place was going to be overrun with tourists. As it turned out, I was wrong.

Making new friends while wearing pumps

And being wrong in this instance was a good thing. During the day, I saved my appetite so I could enjoy dinner at the bar. So when my pizzeta and duck spring rolls arrived, I couldn't help but enjoy my meal. A few minutes after I was done eating, a group of two girls and one guy who were seated next to me at the bar started up a conversation with me. One blonde wife, her husband, and one attractive brunette from Boston.

To my delight, I discovered she was newly single and waiting at One to meet a guy who her friend was introducing her too.

All the while, I was enjoying a spontaneous combustion of chemistry with her in my black stilettos, seven jeans, red hugo t, and my two new necklaces and my new bracelet.

She thought I had the "euro thing going on" After a few hours of great conversation, we exchanged contact information. It goes to show that stilettos are not a handicap to successful social assimilation.

Are my shoes pointier than yours?

After she and her friends left, I passed a group of three very attractive blondes, all wearing stilettos. I would have posted a full body picture, but the camera I was using was a cheap $230 replacement I bought in Prague and the batteries were dead. So I all I have is

Posted Image

this shot of their heels. When the girl with the ankle strapped pumps was left out of the conversation with her friends, I made my approach.

Unbeknownst to me, I opened with, "hi...can I ask you a quick question?" To which she replied, "sure." "If you were to see a guy with stilettos like yourself, here (point at my shoes), what would you think?" She looked at my shoes and told me, point blank, "I like them" Usually, its not like me to be so straightforward so early in a conversation, but my experience has been that women will usually tell the truth about how they feel about clothing--even with limited rapport.

For instance, this girl (again sorry, my camera batteries were dead. I really wanted a full body pic including face) when asked what "If you were to see a guy wearing shoes as pointy as yours, what would you think?" replied,

"I wouldn't like it."

"why not?"

"Because its not fashionable"

Moving on later in the evening I was walking through the dance floor, and a dirty blonde pulled me over to dance (I was elated I wasn't the one making the first move). She was trying to get her friend to sandwich me. Anyway, after a few song and dances, I asked her what she would think if a guys shoes were pointier than hers (and pointed to my shoes while asking). She said, "let me see." So, she bent down and totally pulled up pant leg to my calf. Another male bystander watched with no significant reaction. After she stood back up, she said, "I like them." And kept dancing and flirting with me.

When she left, she said in my ear "I looovvve your shoes."

Once again, after a night of fun filled excitement, I came to the conclusion that ONE is still exhilarates a true new york city nightlife energy.

Kneehighs, your story reminds me of the third time I ever ventured out in heels. I'd been to one bar twice, but wanted to do something more fun, so I ventured to one of the trendier clubs in Vegas wearing a pair of 3-1/2 black leather sandals with black socks and low black slacks. Loose charcoal rayon shirt. I was incredibly self-conscious as I walked to the door. The bouncer noticed right away, but just grinned and said, "you get in free." That was nice.

I walked in, nervous as could be, and ordered a drink. As I was standing at the bar, I noticed two very nice girls looking at me, about ten years younger. After a couple of minutes, one of them came over and said, "Nice heels. That's different." I was at a loss for words, so I simply said, "Nice skirt - it suits you well." She then asked if she could ask me a question. I said "sure," and she queried, "why are you wearing heels?" My answer was simple, as I'd thought of it earlier: "Because I enjoy wearing them." "Oh," was the only response, after which we talked about other things for a few minutes before she asked me to dance.

"You don't mind being seen with a guy in heels?" I asked as she lead me by the hand to the dance floor. "Are you kidding? I think it's sexy."

After a few more dances and some talking, I discovered that what she really thought was sexy was the fact that I, as a guy, had enough confidence to wear whatever I wanted to wear. All in all, it was a fairly progressive and large place. It was the only time I went, but I saw two celebrities and a lot of people who looked like they could be celebrities. A little grinding going on, and not always between those of opposing sexes (mostly F-F stuff). So a man in heels probably wasn't all that novel a thing to most of them. It was also the first time I saw a man wearing a skirt in the US (men wear skirts all the time in many countries overseas).

dr1819 Nice story. I love cherishing the emotions and feelings that come with stories like that. :evil:

I can happily say that I am at a cafe in Barnes and Noble in Chelsea right now thoroughly enjoying my Bandolino Croco Print pumps, tight seven jeans, Hugo Boss t, necklaces, and bracelet.

These experiences are pretty much uneventful, which is why I hestitate to document them here. For instance, I walked up to the counter to order a double mocha. There was a guy right behind me, who looked squarely--albeit for only an instant--at my pumps. When I received my drink and walked past him, he looked at me, but it was a look of respect--I could see it in his face and feel it in my body.

Of course, I found a table as close as I could to some cute girls. One was in stiletto sandals and the other was wearing some black knee high boots with her jeans tucked into them. S-E-X-Y. Their chairs were within 12 inches (space is tight in nyc) of my chair. I sat my left thigh on top of my right calf, fully exposing my croco pumps for them to *lust* after. Sadly, they neither did a double take nor said anything.

Again, another completely uneventful day in pumps. My neighbor from the floor above me is here too. He's already seen me in pumps. I don't think he cares really.

Tomorrow should be fun. I've happened onto an exlusive invite to a Bryant Park Promenade Runway Show for New York City Fashion Week. Camera will be with me...I'm not sure about the heels yet--as I am representing someone else and not myself. We'll see.

I'm just wondering what the ladies are gonna think when they see a bunch of us in heels, kneehighs.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted Approaching women as a group of men in heels could be fun. We could always frame it as a challenge, "yep, I'm in heels, but would you believe me if I said I could show you more guys like myself? Great, I can, but there's a condition to showing you that....you have to do a shot with me and toast to the power of stilettos!"

Fashion Paradise: Bryant Park Promenade

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen so many beautiful people concentrated into one small space ever in my life. Sooo many beautiful women and well dressed men at the NYC Fall Fashion Week, it was unbelievable.

The views of the heels were nice, but in all seriousness, the outfits as a whole drew more of my attention:

Posted Image

20's flashback

Posted Image

Posted Image

Beautiful "Victorian" Shoes

I could have stood here for hours and taken pics of beautiful women. Here are a few more girls, but in a more casual style.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can see why people at The Fashion Spot are so discriminating about men in heels. To pull it off with people like I saw at this show, you really have to have a sense of what is current and pull that together with a real fashion sense. I saw a few people here who were dressed casually chic (bootcut jeans), but they were the tiny minority.

For the record, I did not wear heels as I was representing someone else. I wore black skinny pants, nine west knee high boots under the pants, white Hugo t, cloak vest, and my jewelry.

Glad you had a good time. Shame some of the images are blurred. I really like the outfit of the 5th girl down in the red sweater and scarf. I think that's an outfit I'm gonna try pull off this fall. I have the perfect GAP jeans for it anyhow! :evil:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Shafted Approaching women as a group of men in heels could be fun. We could always frame it as a challenge, "yep, I'm in heels, but would you believe me if I said I could show you more guys like myself? Great, I can, but there's a condition to showing you that....you have to do a shot with me and toast to the power of stilettos!"

Sounds great!

By the way, kudos del mundo to your ever-changing avatars, kneehighs.

Awesome!

And, as always, love the stories.

Here's one:

I visited our city's local festival, Saturday, with wonderful results. As you know, I'm biking 90% of the time, as I'm loosing weight and getting back in shape following a brief illness and my divorce (wham-bam - I was fat).

Now, I'm not, and loving it.

I rode downtown in biking gear, but carried jeans, heels, and a shirt in my backpack, then locked my bike, changed at a friend's place, and left my back. He was surprised to see the heels, and asked, "Why are you wearing those?" "Because they're comfortable" was my response. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "whatever floats your boat." I had a drink at his bar before I left, and just before, he said, "Hey, no hard feelings about what I said earlier, ok?" which told me he valued the friendship (or my continued patronage to his bar) more than his opinion about guys wearing heels, which in my case are my 4" tapered heeled black leather boots. Beneath a jean, they look like guy's shoes, but my friend caught sight of them when I adjusted my jeans and walked across the relatively quiet floor of his hotel's front entrance (the bar is attached).

I said, "no worries," and he responded by saying, "you know, doing something like that takes a lot of balls..." I grinned and said, "maybe," to which he replied, "I think there's more guys who'd do that if they were as gutsy as you," so I had to ask, "Ok. I have to ask - are you one of them?" He shrugged and with a half grin said, "maybe, but we won't go there." I said "fair enough," and finished my beer before walking around the festival, during which time I met a man from Bulgaria who spoke good, but slightly broken English. We talked of the cold war, the progress that's been made in the Eastern block countries, the challenges that remain, computers (he's a software engineer), the Internet, and a lot of other things. The whole time he looked at my boots three times, one of which he got a very clear and unobstructed view of the 4" tapered stacked leather heel, and he didn't skip a beat. He was married (his wife came around later, and she didn't blink at my heels, either), and off they went. I thoroughly enjoyed the festival, particularly the wonderful food (boy, was I stuffed!) before changing back into biking gear and riding home.

Sorry I'm not hooking up with the ladies like kneehighs, but he's a macho latino, while I look like one of the locals, so...

But then again, that's what I try to do. Blend. Not nearly as progressive as kneehighs.

Shame some of the images are blurred. I really like the outfit of the 5th girl down in the red sweater and scarf. I think that's an outfit I'm gonna try pull off this fall. I have the perfect GAP jeans for it anyhow! :D

I adored her outfit too. She was wearing straight leg jeans with stiletto boots, more casual and classic, yet she wore it well. I think the straight leg is a great compromise for the skinny leg.

As far as blurred pics, it was tough to even get space to take a pic. I had to force my way into a spot with a view, then I had people walking in front of my camera, behind me, to my left, to my right, bumping me...so it was tough...next time I'll try to find a more open space.

dr1819 Thanks for the compliments. Very interesting story. I think you are gathering enough positive reactions from men that you could start a "positive responses from men: the ultimate resource" thread.

Not sure about the "macho latino" part :evil: I'm actually not very macho at all, just like to have fun..hopefully you can make the nyc meet or upcoming World Heel Meet 2 in London and we can get to know each other better there.

Shafted Great, I can, but there's a condition to showing you that....you have to do a shot with me and toast to the power of stilettos!"

Absotively, posilutely! I bring the grappa!:evil:

Great story there, dr1819. You gotta wonder just how many men would like to wear high heels.

You bring the grappa, I'll bring the absinth!

Man, I love grappa! Only had it once, with an Italian, but I was sold. We split the bottle, and the rest of the night baby kittens kept trying to crawl all over me (and I'm allergic to cats). Ah, well, it was a great vacation anyway!

Man, I love grappa! Only had it once, with an Italian, but I was sold...

Promise me you WILL make it to the nyc heel meet and I'll have a bottle of it waiting for you. :evil: There are a few retailers here who carry a wide selection.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday's Adventures

Meeting with Fashionable Fun for dinner

Last night was a great night. There were alot of fun encounters with some beautiful women, but the real highlight of the evening was having the privilege of meeting fashionablefun, a leading icon of style for our board. We had dinner at ONE, chatted about shoes, talked about our interest in shoes since our childhoods. Both of us were in stilettos. It was a pleasurable experience and I extend my thanks to fashionablefun for contacting me about his visit to nyc.

Adventures at ONE begin

After dinner, fashionablefun went back home and I stayed. I think his last words were, "Have fun tonight."

Have fun, I did. I had already imagined that this night was going to be a great night, and when I imagine things in advance, they generally come true. The first thing I did was walk up to the bar and order a glass of merlot. Then, I hung out at the bar. And this is when the fun started.

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

THIS group of four girls came up to the bar to order a drink. They spoke in accents, so I broke the ice by asking the one in glasses if her friends were from Europe? She said, europe? No, Russia! Then we small talked a bit more, the brunette with curly hair was oblivious to our conversation though as she was hypnotized by her cell phone. At that point in time, I wasn't going to waste my time with her, since she was showing no signs of real interest in conversation.

So they got their drinks and walked across the room to sit down. A few minutes later, the brunnette who I misunderstood to be cold came up to me and asked me a question, "excuse me, but are you wearing heels?" I said, "Yeah I am, how did you know that?" She said, "well, I was sitting over there and looked at you and saw these little heels showing. So I thought I'd come over here and check you out. Can I see your shoe?"

"Sure"

You could already see the skin on my foot, but she wanted to see more of the heels so she pulled up my pant leg. After she stood up she exclaimed, "thats awesome! I've never met a guy who wears high heels before. What size are they?"

"11,12"

"can I try them on?"

"sure" I said. I took off my shoe and we traded shoes. She was wearing some flat sandals that were not to my liking.

As soon as she had my heels on her face lit up and she said, "Wow, I feel so much better already. What do you wear them with?" I felt a flash go off and saw her friends snapping pictures of the whole incident. Next to me were two really stylishly dressed girls that I had my eyes on. They too stopped dead in their tracks to watch the unfolding entertainment. One girl had a really edgy hair cut...very Fashion Spot if you know what I mean.

"seven jeans, pants, something stylish.."

"Do you wear skinny jeans with them?" she was totally ooozing enthusiasm about men in heels. I said, "Not yet, I think that looks a bit risque" And she shrugged her shoulders with a smile, and returned back to her friends after she said, "I think its awesome"

Later on I confronted the girl to my immediate left in the group pic about taking pics of my shoes. I asked her what she thought of them. Her reply was word-for-word, "They are VERY sexy!" Then I said, "even for a man?" And she said, "Why not?" Oh yeah, I was on cloud nine at this point.

BANKERS TOO?

A few minutes later after she left one of the two girls who I had my eye on was alone. I opened with a compliment, "I love your haircut, you wear it really well" She delighted in that and proceeded to tell me the different ways she likes to wear her hair. Eventually, I asked her, "So I saw you checking out my heels awhile ago?" She said, "well, you were right next to me and I was watching what was going on."

"and what do you think of men in stilettos as a style statement?"

"well my boyfriend, I actually should say my ex-boyfriend was a member of punk band, and he used to wear heels all the time." Then she motioned with her index finger and thumb to indicate that "the heels were a little wider though...but it was easy for him to get away with it since he had a rocker image"

"Yeah, stilettos on men can be tough to pull off"

"I think its stylish and can work" she concluded.

Wow, this night was getting really good. The fun must continue! :evil:

BLONDE BOMBSHELL

I saw this attractive blonde standing by herself near one of the pillars. So I went up to her and complimented her top,"I love your top...(it fell assymetrically along her torso, all the way from the neck to the hemline)" Her,"Thanks" me, "and I adore your shoes, in fact, I think we are wearing the same kind" At which point in time I postured my shoe against hers. The response from her was amazing. She liked it! "So, what brand are yours" I asked. She said, "Stuart Weitzman." At this point, I had to laugh. I replied, "So are mine!" "Do you think they go okay with my outfit?" I asked. She said, "yeah, they look good." Then her friend came over to talk with us. She started off by telling her friend about my heels right away. Her friends reaction actually surprised me. She bent down to look at my stilettos closely (they always want to examine the shape of the heel). Then when she stood up, she looked me in the eye and gave me a great big bear hug and said, "I love you!" To which the blonde replied, "See, I told you!" Wow, I was batting 100% positive

responses

Parisian Princess Playfully Approves of my stilettos

So walking around, I saw this girl standing alone and approached her. Not with a typical "here are my shoes, lets see yours attitude" but with a bit more controlled poise. But it did lead to this and this

which was fun. She was actually having fun when I took pics of our shoes and laughed along with it.

She said she had never seen any men in heels before either. She also agree that Parisian fashion is over-rated. We agreed that it was mainly under-stated casual chic and not much else (except for the etienne marcel metro area). She too agreed that heels were okay on me.

British cutie approves of heels too

I think if I would have stayed at ONE till they closed, my luck would not have run out! When I was walking through the dance floor, I saw this well dressed British girl. Believe it or not, one of the first things I notice about women is not necessarily their shoes, but how they coordinate their whole outfit. From their hair style to layering, then to shoes. Weird huh?

Anyhow, the first thing we did was flirtatiously dance. Eventually, the topic of shoes came up and I pulled what is now my old line, "My shoes look as pointy as yours" (it works everytime though). So we compared shoes at which point she said, "I've never seen a guy in heels before. "really, what do you think about them as making a good fashion statement?" She said, "I like it!"

Another brunnette approves

Well, I was walking around and saw THIS attractive brunnette enjoying conversation with her friend. I stopped to talk with them and did the usual shoe comparison test. As you can see from the pic, there was no doubt about what was on my feet. Anyhow, we chattted about my heels, her heels, and how she thought what I was wearing "worked". Later, when I was talking to the girl from France, she walked by me and smiled and said a few words to me. When girls interrupt my conversation with another girl, I almost always take that as a positive sign.

Posted Image

the black stiletto pumps in the lower right hand corner are mine

There were too many tests to write about here. And a few other girls I talked to as well. But this post is getting really, really long by now.

Either way, I wonder if these girls will keep a long term open minded attitude to men in heels. Not one neutral comment last night. Not one negative comment last night.

Probably the best night I've had in a long time.

An awesome read kneehighs! Looks like nothing could go wrong. Can't wait for NYC.

I forgot to add the part about how I got home after the evening was over. I was walking up ninth avenue and then east on 15th street, when out of the blue, I see a brunnette approaching me...who happens to be none other than the girl who lives down the hall from me donwstairs! Woohoo, I had a free ride home. I sat in the passenger seat and a few moments later, she asked if I wouldn't mind jumping into the back seat just for a second as she had a friend coming in for just a second. I said "sure no problem" So, I climbed between the passenger and drivers seats and instantly, she saw my stilettos. "Your wearing heels! You work it!" The first thing she asked me was the cliche, "Are you gay (if only she knew)?" To which I replied, "No way, I lov women way too much for that" and she said she that if she saw me walking down the street she would think I was gay because I have a sense of style and I wear heels. Nevertheless, her CONCLUSION at the end of the night was, "Well, at least I got to see your heels. I think it's cute!" :evil:

Wow, I think I am very jealous. YOu are a very lucky guy!

HAve more fin and let us know.

You are more than welcome to come to the World Heel Meet 2007 in London and experience some of these adventures firsthand. I just checked ryanair.com and flights one way to London on March 9th are a mere 19.99 euros right now. Very cheap.

Plus, my intent on sharing these adventures is not only to be entertaining, but educating as well. Showing people that if an ordinary guy like myself can successfully assimilate socially in mainstream culture, despite his stiletto pumps, others can do so as well. :evil:

Shafted Thanks, nyc will be really fun

since-i-can-remember Ever wonder about the definition of luck? I think its when work meets opportunity. I worked on my appearance and tend to imagine my future as if I am already living it...

heeltoe_at150 Glad to hear about the reason for your user name, thanks for the info.

fogborkenvv Thanks for the compliments. I agree with you about the total package element...

red shoes Manolos! Now thats a thought. Too bad they are like $500-600 a pair. Imagine the look on a girls face when you told her you wear Manolo's... :rofl: that would be hilarious.

Heel-D Yes it was...there are some other conversations I left out as the post was getting way too long.