Boots everywhere in Amsterdam

cyberdude

And what would be your favorite heel type?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. And what would be your favorite heel type?

Hmm, i recently went to a concert in Amsterdam (Heineken Music Hall) and i was thrilled to see that more then 75% of the women attending there wore boots. Kneehigh boots seemed to be the majority there and most had nice heels around the 3" mark wich is quite nice to look at and practical at the same time. Gone are the ugly shoes ... i hope ... Heel styles were: stilettos (20%), blade (40%) and chunky (40%) rougly estimated. Needless to say i enjoyed the view very much before the show had even started :D

Yeah, it seems we have some lucky years here.... We get the occasional UGG's though. Last year we had the overknee boots, boots like the pleasers 8899's where acceptable to wear for the woman, and all the schoolgirls where wearing the overknee boots (flat or very low heel, pointy toe). Even saw woman wearing thigh high pvc boots with stillettos heels. This year it seems the 'cowboy' boot, with a reasonable heel is fashion, but i also did see a lot of stilleto heels, at least 4.5 inch, very thin heel worn out in the street, mainly by young girls. Hard to spot any woman without heels actualy! C :-)

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

I like a tapered heel, for several reasons. First, it's very strong, and much more stable than a stilletto Second, it has a reasonably small footprint (about one square inch), which means it doesn't wrack my ankle over if I didn't happen to step perfectly square on the heel, or if I'm walking over uneven terrain. Third, it's also large enough not to wear out in six blocks. Fourth, I simply like the look of a tapered stacked leather heel.

I voted for the stiletto. When out in Amsterdam in late Aug, I discovered that instead of having meals-n-wheels out there, they have heels-n-wheels (as DawnHH called it).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/creditech/amsterdam/DSCF1262.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/creditech/amsterdam/DSCF1261.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/creditech/amsterdam/DSCF1239.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/creditech/amsterdam/DSCF1091.jpg

With reference to boots and the title of this thread, I was able to catch this pic:

Posted Image

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I voted for the stiletto. When out in Amsterdam in late Aug, I discovered that instead of having meals-n-wheels out there, they have heels-n-wheels (as DawnHH called it)With reference to boots and the title of this thread, I was able to catch this pic:

Posted Image

Hi kneehighs,

I voted also for stiletto heels. I think that the left girl on your nice street shot felt a little bit uncomfortable with stiletto boots because of her body height. But what shall I say with my 6'4'' :D

Btw: a nice collection of pictures concerning the theme "meiden op hoge laarzen en fietsen" :wink:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Still an addition:

I just found a funny thread in a netherlands forum "kunnen jongens ook hoge laarzen dragen?" I don't know this language but I translate it in german as "Koennen Jungens auch hohe Stiefel tragen?" or in english as "Are boys allowed to wear high boots?". It's a pity that I'm understanding always only the half of the text :D

But with english as mother language it shouldn't be worse than with german. Here the web address http://www.sugarbabes.nl/showtopic/67251

The best fashion is your own fashion!

About 95% of the posters there post a negative comment. Seems that the ones who post neutral, or positive are woman. Seems a very young crowd. Might reply... see wot happens :D

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

• 4 years later...

voted for blade .. although I have nothng against a nice stiletto. some of amsterdams cobble streets can be tricky in stiletto :cry1: Must admit, the Dutch girls do Heels beautifully! Some are so tall but still wear heels .. an inspiration to us all!

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

In the center of Amsterdam, around the Dam, they have covered the surface with rather small and rough cobble stones. This is already not very pleasant with flats, but with heels it gets rather annoying. Because there is much more pressure on the front of your feet, you feel all little bumps and there are plenty of those. You don't want to walk a mile on those. At the moment, when you walk through the center of Amsterdam of course most people wear very sloppy looking shoes, but there are still very many women wearing nice boots. I don't see any men though with nice boots with any form of heel. (unless I look at my own reflection in the shop windows). There are occasional men with cowboy style boots but even those are very rare. If you go into a fancy department store, like the Bijenkorf, the percentage of women with boots goes up considerably. I have no experience going to concerts in the Heineken Music Hall, but I can imagine that at such events your eyes get a treat. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

• 11 months later...