What's your favourite Beer (or drink)

Another thread was becoming overun with opinions so I thought everyone should be able to vent here :smile: I quite like the strong export continental lagers. Kronenbourg, Stella, and some of the Belgium beers. We have a tradition of brown beers in UK too and I don't mind these if they are kept at the right temperature and served well. Other than that I drink herbal tea, black coffee, white wine, and fruit juice. The drinks I don't like are carbonated drinks with loads of added sugar, expensive rip-off mineral water, cider, neat spirits, or too much red wine.

Drinks I like are: Most of the usual sodas, like Pepsi Twist, Code Red Mountain Dew, A&W Root Beer, chocolate milk, Wendy's Frosties (sometimes you can consider it a drink), sake, plum wine.... Ones I don't like are: beer (I can't do it, no matter how hard I try, so don't ask :smile:), Diet sodas (due to aftertaste), and grapefruit juice (ICK!).

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Fresh lemonade, with a serious pucker factor to it. :smile: Beer, Ice cold Heineken when unable to get to the bar. I live near places where they make their own but they all taste so good to have a favorite. :smile: _________________ Hello, my name is Hoverfly. I am a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!!! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-05-22 01:49 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Champagne! Bubbly and sweet... And Fox, I do like the sodas, with the carbonation and the sugar, but I am a Coca Cola fan, because it burns so good. :smile: It sometimes cures sore throats! Beer - Tuborg, and Sol Mixed drinks - Paralyzer, or Caesar Wine - Riesling, because you can cook with it and drink it, and be happy. Or any wine mixed with other fruits.

I don't mind the carbonation, just the added sugar. I'm drinking Holsten Pils at the moment. It was on special offer at the supermarket. A great German beer from Hamburg. I also like Dortmunder, Carlsberg, Oranjeboom. In fact, anything German, Danish, or Dutch tends to be good. The N. European countries have great brewing traditions.

i dont like the taste of alcohol very much....but id have to say Mikes hard Lemonade, Colt 45 if ill drink anything it will be that....shots of vodka if im already pretty drunk Tang, lemonade, ice tea, apple juice...most fruit juices for that matter

Did I hear some one say coffee? Mmmmmmm....Need my morning fix. I like French vanilla.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

The only two things I ever go to a coffee shop for these days (since I can't do the taste of coffee at all), are: Caramel Apple Cider - sold at Starbucks and my fave - ITALIAN SODAS! MMMMMMMMM!!!! You gotta try this! Take a mug, and fill it 3/4 the way with cubed ice. Pour club soda 2/3 of the way up, then add a shot of vanilla syrup, a splash of ORANGE JUICE, and a splash of half-and-half. Stir briskly until mixed. Tastes just like the Creamsicles of days gone by! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

On 2002-05-22 02:43, Laurieheels wrote:

But...but... caffine and sugar get me through my day. Without sugar in my pop, or coffee, how would I survive????

*TWITCH*

FYI I have found quite recently that taking 1500mg of "L-Tyrosine" a naturally occuring amino acid available at most Vitamin World stores, health food stores, etc, every 4 hours or so has a better "keep me awake and alert" effect than caffeine without the side effects.

As for drinks--I like Barq's root beer; Code Red (yeah I know, they both have caffeine); Sarsaparilla, any brand; soft apple or cherry cider; a particular brand of bottled spring water from Canada that I can't remember the name of (it has a sort of a slight sweet taste); and Ocean Spray Cran-Grape. I agree with ShockQueen on the taste of coffee, but what I really CAN'T STAND is the taste of TEA (it MAY have something to do with my mother using tea bags to stop the bleeding of my gums after trips to the dentist several times--the last when my wisdom teeth were yanked out--bled off and on for 3 days; the tea bags DID stop the bleeding, but I swear I'd starve to death if I was forced to drink tea with every meal the way I hear most Britts do--YECCH!).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Tea can be great! Mint tea, green tea, some of the fruty teas, they are delicious! And grean tea ice cream... wow. Your regular black tea is boring for me, but there are so many I like! And hey, some health food store may sell some pill for energy, but I like the taste of soda first, and the sugar and caffine are just fringe benefits. Besides, I take enough freaking pills in the morning, no more! :smile:

Azraelle, Are you sure that you take doses of 1.5 <u>grams</u> of L-Tyrosine, every 4 hours? Quite a hefty dose! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tom-nl on 2002-05-22 10:32 ]</font>

My favourite drink is tea, I get through several cups per day. I also like beer, british real ale cannot be beaten, provided it is kept and served properly. I also like german lager and belgian beers, but do not like British lager (too gassy and too many chemicals). For soft drinks I will usually drink coke. Last night two of my favourite beers were sampled - Hopback Summer Lightning and Timothy Taylors Landlord. Excellent :smile:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I drink a lot of tea as well! Can't do the same with coffee or I'll be asleep before lunchtime! I know, coffee is supposed to keep you awake, but it has the reverse effect on me! For keeping myself awake, I have my own ways. One of them is a drink made from OXO, chilli sauce, scotch pepper sauce, tabasco and any other spices I can find. Hot enough to burn your toes when you drink it :smile:

I generally drink tea, but, since the Euroheel meet here, I havn't put the percolator away and have coffee about every other day. About tea addiction, I'm pretty sure I was weaned on the stuff. I can remember my mum giving my younger brother a baby's bottle with tea in it ! Alcohol for me is warm British beer, but so much is served badly it's not worth drinking. I remember the thread on the old board about Belgian beer (still have a copy in Notepad if anyone would like it reposted). I like a decent merlot grape red wine for parties (if I don't have to drive) and for the plum wine afficianado, I sometimes brew damson wine from the 4 trees at the side of my house. Damsons are darker and smaller than plums with a stronger flavour.

Beer, well don't drink much of it, but do like European pilsner styles. Wine: a nice red anyday, Cabernet Sauvigion, Merlot Shiraz. When it's hot a white. Coffee, can't go without my caffe latte's. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Well, I drink either ordinary lager or UK-style alco-gravy (that's brown beer or ale). I quite like some spirits, such as Jack Daniels. I also drink wine, it all just depends on what mood I'm in. At the moment I'm working away from the office a lot, so I tend to collapse on the sofa with a can of lager when I get in :smile: .

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

For me "Gulpener beer" is still the best. It's brewn in the most southern part of Holland (in Gulpen). This is also the part of the country where you are most likely to find it in the pubs. A Bacardi-coke once in a while is also very nice.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

What do I drink? Healthy fruity smoothly. Pineapple-coconut and raspberry smoothly are my favorite. :smile: I also like tea. All kind. Herbal tea, fruity tea, green tea, English tea, jasmine tea. I probably tasted half the tea out there. I also like carbonated fruit juice. The 100% pure juice kind, not the one with sugar or diluted with water. I also like regular juice like apple and orange. White grape juice too. Oh, and my regular, filtered water.

On 2002-05-22 10:28, Tom-NL wrote:

Azraelle,

Are you sure that you take doses of 1.5 <u>grams</u> of L-Tyrosine, every 4 hours? Quite a hefty dose!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tom-nl on 2002-05-22 10:32 ]</font>

3 500mg capsules, no not a heavy dose;

studies have shown that ~200 to 300 mg of DMAE (DiMethylAminoEthanol) to be as effective as Ritalin among 6-12 year olds with ADD. In my own case (I have adult ADD), I have found a combination of 200 to 300mg Phosphatadyl Serine, 30mg of Pregnenolone, and 2500mcg Vitamin B-12 to be effective, pretty much all day, along with the Tyrosine at regular intervals. Yes it is somewhat expensive, but much cheaper than going to the MD and buying prescriptions for Adderall. Sorry about messing up the intent of this thread, won't happen again!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Coffee and coke causes acid in my stomach and I cannot stand the taste of tea. This leaves me drinking about 2 liters of mineral water every day. On the social side I like lager beer and can handle quite a serious amount (if required?). I also like good malt whisky but if thirsty like CC7, a mix of Canadian Club with 7 Up, very refreshing. As a "pousse" I like half and half which is a mix of Cognac and Grand Marnier in equal quantities. The mix eliminates the hard taste of cognac and the soft taste of Grand Marnier. Give it a try one day, you might like it.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Guest Allu

Beer: Lapin Kulta, wine: Spanish red wines (full taste) Whisky (single malt): Bowmore 12y