A comparison between ballets and 7

Richy

Early in the ballet experiences topic, several said they didn't like the look of ballet shoes (that they looked unnatural without the toe).

I've found a (respectable) and very rare photograph of two models, one wearing ballet shoes and the other in 7" boots, both standing up so that you can compare the line of the foot.

Posted Image

For me, the boots look to have the toes in a very unnatural, and uncomfortable positiion, while the ballets give hold the toes in an easier position. Most people think that there must be a huge pressure on the ends of the toes wearing ballet boots, but the better deigned ones keep the weight on the sides of the foot, not the toe.

Any thoughts?

Life:- A Sexually Transmitted Disease.

100% fatal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richy on 2002-05-20 19:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richy on 2002-05-20 20:11 ]</font>

I want the catsuit, corset and boots !! I'M in LURV !!! There is a difference in weight distribution as the pressures are twisted round the toes with the 7" heels while the ballets transfer the pressure directly in line with the rest of the foot. Plus, if the ballets have a toe box fitted (some don't) they the weight is shifted to bear on the sides of the foot and not directly on the toes. Never wear ballets with anything less than very tight lacing (if lacing is present) or the stress on your toes (assuming no toe box) is enough to break them or leave you very sore. I don't have any 7" heels, but I can see them being more uncomfortable than the ballets.

• 3 weeks later...

you must have fairly large feet if those are 7" heels :smile: the ankle or knee high ballets are the type I was after, but I got the shoe type to start with as it will help me gain more flexibility as well as stopping me from going mad and suffering :grin:

• 1 year later...

Darn, I'd just like a chance to try some ballet boots and compare. My 7" heels are really uncomfortable at the moment, as I need lots more practice. But I didn't think I'd fit into Francis's ballet heels, so I didn't try them. Oh well, time for some more pictures. Must get a new digital camera, if I *ever* earn any more money :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I have a pair of pumps, ~6" heel (mens 7, womens 9), and they are more uncomfortable to walk in then all three of my ballet boots. They actually bend the ankle even more then my BB's do, which is the problem I am still working on, that last little bit of flexibility in the ankle. Proper fit and padding (protect those toes!) can keep breif walks in ballet boots within the comfortable range. Lack of padding can cause -tons- of problems with damage done to the toes in a very short amount of time. My best time in my red qualifetish boots is just over an hour of standing around.. the pumps I think I've gone about 3-4 minutes. Just my 2 cents. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

I must be the weird one here because I have never had problems (and I know no one evr believes me) in wearing my 7 inchers for hours (as opposed to minutes). I've just never seen the problem. Ballets I have never tried. Maybe one day. I get more curious as I read more and more about them. Hmmmm...... Maybe one day!

I found Ballet Boots easier, as it was easier to get the line of the ankle right. The ballet boots were painful the first time, and I quickly got cramp in my foot. The second time was a lot easier. Standing up wasn't a problem, but walking needed a new way of thinking, and surprisingly it wasn't too difficult for short periods. It helps if the boots are quite tight, then the whole boot can support the foot rather than put all the weight on the toes. With the 7 inch court shoes, I couldn't straigten my legs enough to stand up straight, so walking was not at all easy. I could not bend my ankles enough, they need more flexibility first. I did not have any problem with the extreme bend in the toes. This is with UK size 7.

You're asking *us* whether you should try ballets. What kind of reaction did you think you'd get? For the record, I'm thinking something like go for it!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Or painful as the case may be... To use a golf analogy 3" wedges to ballets is the difference between making a 3ft putt and driving a ball straight for 250 yards The former, most can do once in a while, that latter takes months if not years of practice. and even then you may find it's not for you.

Well.. natual ability plays alot into someones speed at adapting to ballet boots. Even if you could bend your ankle back and touch you're toes to your calf, if you don't have the right shape foot you may have a horrible time with ballet boots. My second toe is my longest toe, not bad for normal pumps/boots, but horrible with ballet boots that are not sized perfectly -and- padded correctly. I can last about 10 seconds if my weight is actually on my toes, my best is just over an hour of standing with the right setup.. but even then I needed help to get off my feet without getting hurt.. and it took a few minutes to walk again (oops). I still say go for it, if you ever get the chance. Jim :wink:

• 2 months later...

I want the catsuit, corset and boots !! I'M in LURV !!!

Plus, if the ballets have a toe box fitted (some don't) they the weight is shifted to bear on the sides of the foot and not directly on the toes.

what is a toe box and which brands have them? I know a lady who cannot wear HH at all, since her toes are too short - missing one joint and bone. I have been thinking that BBs that carry the weight on the sides actually might work, since her toes cannot support the weight.

Bernhard

Well, Qualifetish and Little shoe box both put out models that can support the foot vs putting all weight on toes. Dungeonz seems to be a bit wide, but with enough padding work ok since the angle isnt so severe. I've never tried punitive shoes.. Jim

GrayLion A toe box is a section of thicker material in the end of the shoe, like cardboard I suppose, then as JimC says, it can have the effect of taking weight off the end of the toes to the side of the foot, across the "knuckles"as it were, so long as the shoe is tight enough across that area. However, your friend that has short toes due to missing bones, I don't quite understand how she is unable to wear HHs, surely having short toes is a blessing to prevent them getting crushed in a pair of tight shoes etc? and just requires what would be a smaller pair? Big D