low heel women's shoes worn daily

Latextex

Yeah I mean in terms of being seen in womens shoes in public.

Flats are really cool too. Believe it or not though, I'd feel more comfortable in stiletto boots than flats for some strange reason. Perhaps its because of a false belief that the low vamp on the flat attracts more attention than a stiletto boot? I haven't pegged this one yet.

Could be that Stiletto's give you more confidence.

Could be that Stiletto's give you more confidence.

You know, I edited that because this confuses me a bit. I think you are right. Wearing heels causes a rise in my phsyiological power state: my posture becomes more upright, my shoulders relax back a bit more, my chin goes up, they all re-inforce each other. Plus, the heels make my legs look longer, make me taller too. I think thats it.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Yeah I mean in terms of being seen in womens shoes in public.

Flats are really cool too. I wonder why some of us feel comfortable in boots, but not pumps. Or pumps, but not flats? Strange distinctions really when to other people, a woman's shoe is probably just a woman's shoe.

I guess it factors down to how much of the foot people see. A boot is a boot, the whole foot is covered. I guess that's the reason why some guys prefer boots to pumps as they don't take away much masculinity. But with pumps, part of the foot is shown, and women's feet are seen as more desirable than men's feet hence one of the reasons why men in pumps may be "frowned" upon by some - a man showing his foot is seen as "feminine". Bizarrely though they can wear flip-flops bare foot in the summer.

(An aside: has anyone noticed how a lot of Afro-Carribbean men (definitely not all) - in the hip-hop community mostly - wear socks with there sandles/flip-flops? Is barefeet seen as gay and really frowned upon in that community? Or do they have a male foot phobia? Just curious to know that's all. A lot of hip-hop films depict black men wearing white socks with there flip-flops and sandles).

A similar situation with flats - flat boots, no issues. Flat pumps/baller flats are seen as "girly" as again they shoe parts of the foot and a woman's foot is seen as more desirable than a man's.

This analogy leads me to think that I'd be less nervous wearing my low heeled wedges and blocks to work than wearing a pair of flat pumps/ballets. But outside work if I feel I look good then I would wear the pumps/ballets or my boots or my pumps. (Other factors come into it like weather and mood and braveness).

It's still a long road to go down for me. I've only started the shoe thing for real last year.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

(An aside: has anyone noticed how a lot of Afro-Carribbean men (definitely not all) - in the hip-hop community mostly - wear socks with there sandles/flip-flops? Is barefeet seen as gay and really frowned upon in that community? Or do they have a male foot phobia? Just curious to know that's all. A lot of hip-hop films depict black men wearing white socks with there flip-flops and sandles).

as an esteemed member of this community [i'm on the inside!], it's because the guys you'd see like that don't... take good care of their feet, for putting it plainly.

Infact, a while back I was joking with a friend who'd just moved into his new home, and he was lounging around in sandals & socks, and his response was, "Man I just built this house - you don't want people to think I kicked the bricks into place, do you?"

So some folks can laugh about it, to be sure... I wouldn't go just testing this theory though. But thats it, though - not taking care of the feet + not wanting to get joked on about it

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I also think these are good for going out in:

Posted Image

Those are CUTE! Do they make much noise? I like my street heels to be fairly quiet.

They're silent! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, well I have seen some styles here that I have been looking for and have been wearing, they are not obviously womens but not obviously mens but middle of the road. It is said that you have to do things step at a time...!! I am looking forward to wearing more often now..

Actually, I forgot about my new flats!

I got these on clearence for $8.00 at Zellers. I have them in black. The buckle on the pair I have is a little more subtle (no rhinestones/glitter), plus my footbed doesn't have hearts on them.

Posted Image

I've wore them once so far because the weather in Windsor changes every 5 minutes (yaaa Great Lakes! lol). My gf has similar pairs so it's kinda cool when we match. They are super comfortable to wear. Can't wait to wear them at school.

those are like chinese slippers with leather instead of mesh. thus, it makes them more classy. i like. i'd seen them in payless before, and they're real leather, but the biggest size they had was an 11 (this was around last april-may).

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Very nice CB. They were pretty popular over here in blighty last year and still are this year. Flats are quite popular at the moment (along with wedge sandles and peep toe heels).

Here are a couple of purchases I made in the last couple of weeks:

Posted Image

Image 2

I had to buy these. Very cool trainer/sneaker type Mary Jane flats from Pr!vo by Clarks. Extremely comfortable (it really feels like you have NO shoes on!) and they look good too. I love 'em! I wore them out to Oxford on Saturday (with black socks as it was cold! - when it warms up I will go without socks), and no one noticed except for one guy who was intreged by them and kept looking at them every time I walked past him. They are sold as women's shoes but I personally think they're suitable for any gender full stop (even when I believe all shoes should be genderless). They worked with my outfit too of course!

While out on that trip I bought these:

Posted Image

Handy for a casual look. Elasticated at the back and they look cute. I like the shiny patentness of them. I've been wearing them around the flat today and outside when I waved my girlfriend off when she headed home tonight. I plan to give them an outting once it warms up (or maybe when I'm next up at my girlfriends place in Wales) and much more once I move to London later this year.

Have a look at the freestyle pictures thread for how they both look like on me as an outfit. I think they both work on me IMO. :D

Heel-D, have you ever done a Google search on "opera pump?" If not, you should. Back in '93 I think I recall seeing one made my Ralph Lauren with at least a 1"-1.5" heel.

Here is a link to a blog that discusses it:

http://manolomen.com/2005/12/16/shoes-for-the-formal-wear/

Nice choices, Heel-D.

Thanks CB17. :D

Heel-D, have you ever done a Google search on "opera pump?" If not, you should. Back in '93 I think I recall seeing one made my Ralph Lauren with at least a 1"-1.5" heel.

Here is a link to a blog that discusses it:

http://manolomen.com/2005/12/16/shoes-for-the-formal-wear/

I can't say I've ever heard of an "opera pump" let alone Ralph Lauren making one. I recognise the style of shoe though - probably through my brief televisual encounters with opera and past gentleman's footwear. Not something I'd wear personally from the picture shown (it looks very unappealling compared to the pumps - flat or heeled - that I own!) but I can see how the styles we have today have been influenced by it - hence why I think a man or woman can pull off almost any shoe with the correct outfit (that is why these opera pumps work with formal male opera wear). I prefer the shoes I wear personally but an interesting article nonetheless.

Do you have picture of the Ralph Lauren opera pump?

Heel-D, sorry I don't have a pic of the Ralph Lauren opera pump to share. I wish I did. I mistakingly thought the low cut vamp and general similarity to a ballet flat would appeal to you.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone remenber the "shortie vamp" loafers that the gals wore back in the 60's? "Lovely Pumps" started to offer them a year or so ago, but apparantly deceided to withdraw. I would love to get a couple of pairs. Untill then, my Mary Janes will have to do.:roll:

I know this is hard to believe, but with my very high arches, flats are uncomfortable for me to walk in. I have very high arch supports in all of my athletic shoes. It is a curse, but a convenient excuse for wearing high heels.:roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Never thought that I would do it, but on several occasions have worn stockings with my low-cut Mary Janes in public. Again, no negative response. I have wanted to do this for years. I guess I am slightly TV, but with otherwise normal interest in the opposite sex.