low heel women's shoes worn daily

Latextex

I posted this earlier under "unsex shoes" but may have had a poor topic decription. Thanks to all who responded anyway.I'm new to this form and haven't reviewed all the previous postings. Has the subject of men wearing women's Non-high heel shoes been discussed? I love to wear high Heels, but also have a closet full of women's shoes in women's sizes, which could also be men's shoes. Mostly athletic and casual shoes. Also 2" heel cowboy boots , and other types of work boots. Is this a topic anyone is also interested in - or is it off topic? I noted that some wear penny loafers but can't find a good syle. Check out the Ladies Sebago loafter in black and brown, in sizes 5-12, N, M, W, and extrat wide

it's not "off subject" as such, possibly in the wrong section. High heel meeting place does suggest the main focus to be heels rather than flats, but flats do concern many of the forum members. I wear some womens flats, especially if out with soh. The wider choice of style & colour are useful to match other items of clothing when heels isn't an option. Keep on putting in ideas, look in the number of looks taken to see if others are interested in what you say, not just the number of replies your thread recieves.

totter along into history

I feel I need to add my little bit to the debate. I like to wear female flat and low heeled shoes as some of them are very nice to wear and are a nice alternative to heels. Also they are a good way to progress to wearing heels as you gain confidence wearing women's shoes in public.

Here are some of the pairs I own:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm especially a huge fan of ballet flats. They're dead comfortable and easy to wear. The last two pairs will definitely get some good wearing. Both are very comfortable to wear and they look good too in my opinion! I'm becoming increasingly fond of getting a pair or two of these Sue London flats (or the cheaper alternative which I'd prefer - no way I'll pay £70 for shoes like these!).

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

They look lovely and simple and should work with a pair of jeans quite nicely. I'm going to be on the look out for shoes like these when I'm in NY next week. ;) I feel good wearing these shoes. I'm probably going to go for the sky blue and/or the pair in the second picture.

I also now own a pair of flat kneehighs ready for me to wear to my new job once I'm settled in (or maybe I'll just sod it and go for broke and wear them on my first week!:lol:):

Posted Image

Should be easy to get away with these! :D

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Heel-D..great choices...

Which ones do you wear the most? What is the feedback? Especially those sparkly ones. I've been wanting to get some pairs like that but have been sceptable with the sparkles, glitter, or bows.

The ones I've worn the most are the black bar flats. My girlfriend says they look really good on me. She also thinks the black ballet flats with the bow looks good on me too.

I've worn the black bar flats, brown kitten pointies, and the trainer pumps in public with no negative reaction whatsoever.

I have also worn these Pr!vo by Clarks Petra Slings out in Brighton with no negative reactions:

Posted Image

I search high and low for these and was delighted when I found them on Sale for £10. I love these shoes! ;)

Posted Image

that was my collection, as of the end of may. as you can see I pretty much mixed it up, heels and flats alike. I'd planned on an expansion into more high heels but never quite got there (went on vacation, lost my job 2 weeks later, went a month w/no income, and was employed for less than 30 days before Katrina hit).

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Heel-D,

Those Green and beige trainer style pumps you have. I sold a pair on eBay exactly like those. It wouldn't be you I sold them to, would it? They didn't fit me.

Nope, I bought mine in Primark for I think it was £8. I'd wear them this weekend but it's cold so it's boots for me!

I had an interesting experience at work We had a weigh-in for a fitness thing here at work. I went down there, not thinking about the fact that I was wearing boots. Keep in mind that I wear low-heel zipper boots all winter. (Also keep in mind that I work at very conservative companies) So I sat down, pulled up my khakis and unzipped these boots that went all the way to my knee. Left the boots in a pile by the chair and weighed in. Just me and the fitness center woman were there, still not even a batted eye or raised eyebrow. Total non-event. In fact, in all the time that I have been wearing boots to work (about 10 years now) only two people have ever said anything, and both times it was compliments from women. Saturday we went to see the Rockettes perform. Very nice to see all the women who dressed up in nice (taffeta, velvet, etc) holiday dresses and outfits and wearing their very stylish boots. I wore my new Natualizer Dressage boots. Think of a black riding boot with a 1.5” heel. No, not as high as what some of you wear, but I was there with my kids, grandparents, aunts. I wore them with black jeans and a festive holiday sweater. I’m guessing that the little side straps and buckle (as well as the heel) were very visible when I was squatting down to play with my sons, but still nary a word from anyone. The women, especially, will spot women’s boots for what they are almost immediately. The guys may or may not. Either way, I think most people don’t really care. And they see enough wierdness in public, that this is very minor. Besides, what are they going to do? Start yelling and pointing like an immature teen? Maybe, but 99% of the time, no. Last winter I bought a pair of black zipper boots with a 2 inch or 2.5 inch block heel. I decided that I wanted to wear them around that mall. No looks, stares, or reaction. Ditto for when I wore a similar pair for airline travel. Anyway, that’s my contritution. If you are still worried about going out in boots, just do it. Corsair

Last winter I bought a pair of black zipper boots with a 2 inch or 2.5 inch block heel. I decided that I wanted to wear them around that mall. No looks, stares, or reaction. Ditto for when I wore a similar pair for airline travel.

I find these are good heels to street heel in:

Posted Image

Only had two reactions: one from a pair of girls in car driving past and when I was trying some other shoes in a shoe store the shop assistants saw them. Both I wouldn't call negative.

I also think these are good for going out in:

Posted Image

I wore these on Saturday with my girlfriend and we even spoke to one of my girlfriends workmates and she didn't even notice. I was wearing black socks with them as well as it was cold (I think that's how they're supposed to be worn). No other negative reactions from anyone.

It's becoming more fun every time I wear my shoes. :D

I find these are good heels to street heel in:

Posted Image

Only had two reactions: one from a pair of girls in car driving past and when I was trying some other shoes in a shoe store the shop assistants saw them. Both I wouldn't call negative.

I have a pair very similiar, except a higher heel, that I wear out on the weekends. You can't see from these pics, but the color is very similiar.

Scotty

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Heel-D..great choices...

Which ones do you wear the most? What is the feedback? Especially those sparkly ones. I've been wanting to get some pairs like that but have been sceptable with the sparkles, glitter, or bows.

Thought I'd reply to this post again to ask what you all think of this outfit....

This one worn with my black ballet flats:

Posted Image

And the same again only this time worn with my black bar mary-jane flats:

Posted Image

I feel pretty confident wearing these outside even though I've only worn the latter pair in public so far. I really want to wear the first pair out as well. It's too cold right now to be wearing these shoes though, will have to wait until spring.

I have a pair very similiar, except a higher heel, that I wear out on the weekends. You can't see from these pics, but the color is very similiar.

Scotty

Here's me wearing the Peacocks boots I was talking about with a typical outfit I would wear with them.

Posted Image

I think they go really well with the jeans and sweater. I also have a dark navy blue GAP thick sweater which works really well with jeans/boot combo as well - better I think (but at the time of taking this picture the GAP top was in the wash basket unfortunately).

This is something I feel totally comfortable wearing out and about. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to with my new job starting from Monday and me moving away sometime next year.

(Apologies for the poor picture quality - there wasn't enough light from the camera flash)

Heel-D Great combos there. I like the first and third pics the best. The jeans instead of being just one plain color, have a modern distressed look with shadows of different colors coming through. Thats good. For the when the eye moves its way down to your shoes, the shoes will already be justified by the jeans. The heels are chunky and thick, which lend masculinity to your image. Good pick.

Can't wait to see more pics with better lighting!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thanks for your opinion kneehighs. About the second pic - the bar flat shoes go better with my blue vintage ripped worn look guess jeans and the same top. But those are currently in the laundry. I will post a pic of that outfit soon.

It's cool to see that others in here wear flats too. Along with my higher shoes I have a fairly large collection of flats. For me they are much more preferable than any men's shoes that virtually have no style whatever. So regardless of the style. wear what you like!! :D

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Well I took the plunge and wore these to my new job today (started Monday):

Posted Image

Not particularly exciting shoes I know (1 inch heel), and they look inconspicuous unless you really take a closer look (they're not as wide as mens boots would be). Nothing was said obviously and at least it's one shoe to get away with.

They're very comfortable to wear by the way. I wasn't particularly happy with the jeans I wore with them as I feel trainers were more appropriate for the jeans I was wearing. But I still looked OK and was fine wearing. I will wear these to work soon as well...

I also now own a pair of flat kneehighs ready for me to wear to my new job once I'm settled in (or maybe I'll just sod it and go for broke and wear them on my first week!:D):

Posted Image

Should be easy to get away with these! :wink:

• 1 month later...

Here's a pair of leather flatties that have really caught my eye:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cool aren't they?! I will get a pair of these as I saw a similar pair on sale at DSW in NYC last year but unfortunately they weren't in my size. They're plain like the bar flats I posted earlier so I will be able get away with them OK.

They also sell them in red:

Posted Image

And white:

Posted Image

They are available at Schuh in the UK for £40 - but I will wait and see if they are reduced. Schuh is good for availability of shoes especially in sales. So holiding out for a bit might be worth it. I'm going for the black as it's a classic shoe and won't go out of fashion colour wise.

There's also a cool pair of bar flats by Pr!vo @ Clarks I want too. They're sort of a trainer/sneaker type causal flat pump with a velcro strap across the foot. Leather also. Available in black or beige. I want black. I will post a picture of them this weekend - going to pop into a branch on Saturday and will snap a pic with my camera phone. They retail at £35. Now, I may have to move in on these ones fast as Clarks shoes are known to sell out very fast - especially good ones! Chinese tourists apparently love the brand and spend loads in their stores when they visit the UK - hence probably the reason why I can't find the boots I'm after! :D

Heel-D, do you find it easier to wear these flats in public than wear your heels? Or vice versa?

If you mean in ability to walk then yes obviously the flats. Heel wearing still requires practice, hence the wearing of wedges and block heels to work, so I can be more confident when I go out in stillettos as I'll be used to heels. Walking in heels is getting easier now though.

If you mean as in being "seen" in women's shoes in public then I say both are on equal terms in public wearing. I guess the flatties may give me less of a reaction than stillettos, which will give me a bit more confidence wearing flats I guess.

Basically, I've always had a thing for ballerina shoes, hence the reason why I also love flats like those. Like I said before I want the same shoe options the girls have hence I love cool/cute flats and heels!

Yeah I mean in terms of being seen in womens shoes in public. Flats are really cool too. I wonder why some of us feel comfortable in boots, but not pumps. Or pumps, but not flats? Strange distinctions really when to other people, a woman's shoe is probably just a woman's shoe.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.