Shoerack UPDATE with hangers

Jinx

I hate to say this but you've got them all around the wrong way! Actually though, I suppose it is better to view the heel and not the front!!!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Why are they the wrong way around? I put my shoes that way because it is easier to just slip them on without having to turn each shoe. I know in a shop – they show the front view – because that’s what sells. Nice rack – that sounds so wrong to say to a guy!! I have a shoe holder on the back of the wardrobe door (built-in wardrobe), and for boots and the other shoes – these are on the floor and a shelf in the wardrobe – love to have a rack like that – but wouldn’t fancy the continuous dusting! BB

Hallo,

a nice way to put the shoe in order. But you are saying our collection. I am currious whichs shoes is from whom?

I had made a few small lath of wood made in the clothing cabinet with some space behind. So shoes with heels can be hooked behind the lath and mostly the other shoe with the heel inside the ankle band or toebox. and for all the low heels or wedges a shelf above the clothhanges lengthwise. But to get a good look al the shoes hangs single. The doors can be locked so no problems for the nightbours when I am on holiday. It's more for the impression. I hope to make new pictures from the same angle end put the pieces together in one frame

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But now I am getting more shoes and not enough space on the lines to store them nicely.

enjoy the collection

A3

you are saying our collection. I am currious whichs shoes is from whom?

From that rack it is about 35 pairs for me, and rest belongs to my wife. Most of the kneehigh boots are mine, most of the ankleboots and pumps are property of my wife.

• 4 weeks later...

New shoehangers arrived yesterday :wink: Now we have a proper way to store our longer boots. First 14 pairs found their way to our hallway, just to test the new hangers; that won't be final setup... this is just a test :D there are hangers for 54 pairs of boots, but we have kneehighs or longer only 35 pairs or so... damn, need to do more shopping :wink:

Posted Image

Just finished building up new shoerack for our shoes, located in our bedroom :D

The rack holds just few below 100 pairs... so about 2/3 of our collection is now in nice order :wink:

Posted Image

There's a pair on the third shelf (from the bottom), in the middle. THe ones that resemble steel-toe work boots but have a heel. Where did you find those, that pair is responsible for me realizing my high heel fetish. I have been trying to think of what they would be called and haven't been able to come up with anything but now, I've found them.

There's a pair on the third shelf (from the bottom), in the middle. THe ones that resemble steel-toe work boots but have a heel. Where did you find those, that pair is responsible for me realizing my high heel fetish. I have been trying to think of what they would be called and haven't been able to come up with anything but now, I've found them.

Do you mean this pair?

Posted Image

I'm not quite sure, but I think they are calles JLo's.

I think JLo's is what those kind on ankle boots are called in common. You'll find variety of styles and colors if you search around the internet.

Those specific shoes are from DinSko, nordic-wide (Finland, Sweden, etc.) shoeshop chain. Their website is located at http://www.dinsko.com/ but unfortenetly those boots are 2 or 3 years old, so you won't find them from DinSko anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Jinx, Don't mean to sound critical but hanging the boots as you have won't that stretch the shafts?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Dawn HH, thanks for comment :D and yes, it takes up less space this way Shafted, Good question. For the boots that are leather or other 'strong' materials I don't see this as a problem... but for the stretch ones... hmm, have to monitor those closely. Thanks for the feedback.