It's Hell getting Old

I'm a 65 year old guy. This is my first posting to this forum, but I've been wearing high heels for over 50 years. (anywhere between size 10C and size 11B, with 10 1/2 B being the closest to my foot size. 20 years ago I could eaily wear 6" heels, and could walk fairly well in 9" ballet boots. Now with arthritis in the right foot, anything over 3" can be painful, and 4" is about my max for easy walking. I've still got my collection of ultra high heels, but simply can't walk in them any more. It's hell getting old. I just recently bought the 4" wedge boots in my icon pix, and they are very comfortable. I can even run in them for a couple of hundred yards or so, but the arthritis then gets to my toes. Anyway, I enjoy lurking and reading the comments of everyone. Some of you are really experts. Regards, Latextex PS I also like latex and corsets. It all seems to go together.

Latextex:-) I can relate to every word that you posted as I'm 71 years old and have been wearing heels for 59 years now.I have had to give up wearing stilettos for broad based heels now and I still try to stay between 3" to 4" in height. These golden years aren't so golden sometimes. Welcome to the HH Place Forum. Hope to hear from you in the near future. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I understand what you all are saying as "Arthur" goes everywhere with me and has for more years than I like to admit. I also have a problem getting my soxs on in the morning. I don't bend as well as I used to. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hard to get old? Then don't do it! I think I have you all beat on age, but I don't let it stop me. Dance competitions, stiletto heels, workout at the gym, etc. My competition dance partner is 24. My late wife was young and pretty, and spoiled me for people my own age. My latest and only girl friend (now ex, I guess) was younger than me, and my best support and recent vacation companion is 30 years younger (but no romantic involvement there). I don't like being old, either, but I try to ignore it. But I never could walk in 6" heels. 4" to 5" are OK, and with platforms, they look great at 6.5 in. without being effectively too high.

Late 50's and beyond, every day is a blessing. You know you're still alive because all your joints report in when you wake up. I've been seeing doctors about joint pains for a couple of years now and I've been tested for everything under the sun, all results negative. I have found though that wearing 2 inch heels eases the pains in my ankles. I just don't have the nerve to go out in them.

High, latextex! I'm "only" 42, but having suffered joint problems between being 33 and 40, I can assure you there's a cure. First, I stopped drinking diet soft drinks. Second, I started taking GNC mega men multivitamins. Third, I started exercising on a regular basis. The result is no more joint pains, at all, and I've managed to move from 2-1/2" heels in 2003 to 4" heels, today. Full time. I wish you luck and good health!