pierced ears on guys

azraelle

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of guys don't like things which are fiddly in the name of fashion. I realise that's somewhat of a stereotype, and doesn't apply here, but I think that's the reason why most guys don't actually wear heels or at least they aren't popular.

I guess some guys have not gotten their ears done because they think it will be a hassle. I found they were sore and needed a bit of TLC for a few weeks, but after a few weeks, they are fine, just if I pull on them too hard or wear heavy earrings for a while that they get sore. I have had mine done for almost 20 years. Normally, I just leave some small sleepers in the 5 holes and they are fine. Once in a while I hang something larger in them.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

Incidentally, like high heels, earrings for men have been around before. In Elizabethan times, prominent wealthy men often wore rings in both ears. Drop pearls were a very popular style, and are often seen on portraits of Walter Raleigh and Francis Drake, plus one or two royals and others.

Cheers, Rivox :(

Ok, folks - let's go back. Waaaayyy back. Try some six thousand years ago (that I know of), and quite possibly much earlier. That's the earliest that I know of earrings found in the appropriate area next to a man's skull. If it was one, it'd be coincidence. Evidently, however, it was as routine back then as it was for pirates in the 1600's through today, most Indian's (from India) during the 1800's (which stemmed from much, much earlier times), and today's modern era.

In fact, there is no known historical segment of time where anthropologists can say of all men, worldwide, "none wore earrings."

Similarly, they have the same quandry concerning both skirts (and whatever they're called in whichever country), dresses/robes, and tunics/shirt-dresses.

The point is, it's not the Bible that has dictated "acceptable, conservative fashion," it was the modern industrialized societies.

How they did that is a matter for another topic. I'll give you two hints, though - jewelry and factory lines don't mix / pants are warmer than skirts in cold weather.

Back on piercing, on the news last night there was celebration for the Guiniss book of records achieving the status of the second most popular book.

On it they showed a woman who has the most holes pierced in her body.

Would you believe 1970+. She is hoping to get to 2000 by the end of this year.

Almost her whole face was covered with jewellery.

Jeff

Swell. What's her nickname? Dartboard?

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for freedom of expression...

I'm also all for both freedom of thought and freedom of speech.

If someone comments negatively on my wearing heels, I usually try to find something different that they're doing. The most common one is earrings. And, I say something like, "just think - 10 years ago it was similarly unusual for guys to get their ears pierced - but look at us now!"

"Can't spin it until you know the leverage point."

• 5 months later...

Just as a muse on that the opinion changes over time... Crotchhiboots, You made me think back a little... I always considered that a guy with ear rings was ostensibly gay, or perhaps a "sailor", or otherwise eccentric. Then, about 15 years ago, I met my ex'es brother. He was/is not a conformist and has been there, done that (including time...), but I still like him for what he is and believes. -He had gotten himself ear rings, *very* homemade tattoos, and so on, but he was not regretting any of it, and I could not find anything wrong with that. -Soo, I think that today it might still be tougher to show up with 6+6 ear rings than appearing in a pair of HH's in a lot of places, as the ear rings have more or less been accepted during these years. -Kudos to you who wear both! Regards, TallSwede

I would love to have my ears pierced; I love the look of earrings especially multiples per ear. However the dragon is dead against me having it done. When the subject last came up a couple of years ago I thought fair enough life is a compromise sometimes. It seems she is against it due to my age (!) and what the neighbours would think. Well, I thought, it's my mid life crisis, I can't afford a sports car so one afternoon I went and got my nipples pierced. Both of them. Not a lot of pain and as I've quite long nips the piercing went through them rather than the areola. I like them and prefer them to tats as they are less permanent. The funniest part of it though is that it seems like the whole vilage knows about them. I guess that at least they are covered up most of the time. And again funnily enough one the guys at the village cricket club got one of his done about a year after I did. Claimed I was a bad influence!

I have never had any idea of getting my ears pierced and at my age, I think its a bit too late for that. So when in guy mode, I don't have any empty holes showing in my ears. When I feel a need to crossdress, I use the clip-on style of earrings, which are still available if you know where to find them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

On the subject of guys with earrings, my wife hates the idea of me in womens shoes, but keeps asking me to get my ear pierced. I don't know if it's just me but it seems contradictary to me. IMO earrings are feminine (no disrespect to anyone it's just my opinion) just as much as shoes, but my wife argues against it. Even suggested a trade off, earring for heels no go there though :D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Shyguy:-) It seems that you can't trade pierced ears for being able to wear heels. Your wife seems to be a tough nut to crack. She doesn't want you to wear your own heels, but she lets you wear hers. It seems that she always wants you to go back to square one any time she feels that you might be making progress on anything. All I can say is for you to keep plugging ahead and maybe she can eventually be broken down. Lets hope so. It must be frustrating for you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

It looks like shy guy's wife is influenced by social acceptance. In other words, the action that is frownd upon the least is the action that she will allow.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have never had any idea of getting my ears pierced and at my age, I think its a bit too late for that. So when in guy mode, I don't have any empty holes showing in my ears. When I feel a need to crossdress, I use the clip-on style of earrings, which are still available if you know where to find them. Cheers---

Dawn HH

I know several older gents (45 to 70) , quite a few retired from military service and some still working for the federal government, local businesses, etc., in fact, who've gotten their ears pierced.

Not at as unusual as you might think - not by a long shot!

• 3 months later...

Thanks tall swead. Maybe I should discribe my earrings. They are multiple hoops that start at one inch in diameter and increase in size to three inches. Some of you may not like to wear earrings this big but I enjoy them. When I combine them with my cork heels and nailpolish on my toes and my long fingernails I have recieved many compliments.

77r90dL lf

Raponchigo:-) I don't have any piercings yet. I posted one time that at my age I probably wouldn't get any. Someone posted back that age doesn't matter and it's never too late. A couple of times recently, Mickey68 said that I should get both of my ears pierced. I didn't take it seriously and the subject hasn't come up since. I still don't know whether she is serious or joking. Maybe I should ask her. I work with the public constantly and I'm not sure how that would go over with them or my bosses. My wife had had her ears pierced for many years before I ever met her. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Mrs shyguy has always wanted me to get my ear pierced but it's not something I have ever felt the need to do.

My wife used to suggest I get my ears pierced when I was younger (she also had me try to grow a tail in the back of my hair for a while, except now I am balding). She would probably still go for it, BUT, I have zero desire to have them pierced. As someone else said here, to each their own. Personally I don't like the look of men in earrings, however I would defend their right to do so. For the most part, I don't like anything that permanetly alters the body, piercings, tatoos, implants, etc. Atleast with toe rings and heels, I can easily remove them and be myself. Scotty

Ditto that Scotty, I would not get a tattoo, and piercings are out for me too, but if thats your thing then do it to your hearts content.

8822:-) Welcome to our little part of the internet and the HH Megaforums. What was that you said about pics? Sscotty727:-) Shyguy:-) Implants? No way, Jose! Tattoos...I don't THINK so. Piercings? My wife has mentioned it a couple of times, but I have let it slide without giving her an answer on getting my ears pierced. That way when I take everything off and go to work---no extra holes showing. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I would get my ears pierced just few minutes after my wife tell me. More fun in private and my be outside. Once you remove the rings most of the people would not realise about the holes. Unless you wear heavy rings all the day for year. :D After working with a colleague for years, I knew about is earpircing during a weekend meal with the wifes. He was wearing the earrings. Then I put more atention and the holes where there. I doubt many people in the office knew it.