pierced ears on guys

azraelle

I would like to know how many heel-wearing guys also have their ears pierced, and if so, one (which one)? Both? More piercings than just one in each ear? What style earrings/studs do you wear? What do the women think of them, etc? Myself--none; always wanted to try both, but for me at least, it is easier to appear in public with (chunkey) high heel boots than even the thought of pierced ears!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two piercings in each ear, and I usually wear hoops or clunky costume jewelry. You know me...not one for being unobtrusive :smile: :smile:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

No mine aren't. I did think about getting them done, but I don't think it would be worth the effort. I suppose heels are the only really unconventional thing I induldge in regularly with respect to dress.

I have not succumb to having a small piece of metal pushed through my earlobes either. I can see how they would be used as decoration or fashion, but it's not something I would do. If I need earrings then I'll get clipons. At least I won't have holes on display when not wearing them.

I see many guys, young and old wearing earrings in one or both ears. Many guys had to go through much crap to make this possible. It's really become a common sight these days. All that said, I have no reason to put holes in my ears. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Okay, I know, it says guys, but I won't talk about my two in each ear. Really, for those who have not gone through it, the gun they use is easy to handle. It is half a second of a tiny pain as the gun fires. I can put up with it. And it is a spring loaded gun, and it makes the hole as well as puts the stud in place. If you have had a big needle or an I.V. inserted then you have had worse. Now, if you are thinking about piercing, go somewhere reputable, and make sure to keep the area clean for a few months after the pierce, and follow directions. If it says do not remove for six months, then don't! I had to remove my second set of studs to go to the hospital, and one day was all it took for the holes to start sealing up again. This was two months after the piercing! My originals I managed to leave with something in them for six months and they turned out great. Okay, so I mentioned mine, but only as an example, and not as a means of overruning your fourm or this topic. If anyone has questions, I have a bit of knowledge I can extend. E-mail me and I'll answer what I can... :smile:

There's a lot of this body piercing done now isn't there? By guys too, nipple, navel, scrotums, and another place :smile: Since it doesn't show normally, I have to assume it is a sexual thing. Good luck to you!

I wanted my ear pierced when I was 16... but my Dad absolutely freaked. So I didn't. Years later, I showed him my new tattoo, and all he said was 'At least you didn't get your ear pierced'. He's also got no problem with me and my boots. Hmmm... not quite sure how this one works :smile:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Terayon, what's your problem..? Some people like piercings, other like heels.. We all have our thing..

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

On 2002-05-23 23:28, terayon wrote:

why the *FUCK* would anyone want to get their scrotum pierced?

It's probably a sexual thing T. Either that or desire to have something different done. I couldn't ever see myself doing it, but all these things, heels, tats, make up, shaving are temporary or permanent body mods that makes that person feel better about themselves. Isn't that a good thing whether we would like it personally or not?

About 25 years ago I also wanted my ears pierced when that fashion came up but I refrained due to my military comitments. After a couple of years I lost all interest in pierced ears and never felt I missed anything, but still like to play with my tongue on the earrrings of my wife when in a romantic mood.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Actually it IS a statement to do something different. About one year ago I was looking to do either en tatoo or en piercing. A tatoo is a bit to permanent for me, so I decided on a piercing. Piercings in the ear are to common and I wanted something different so I decided on a hafada. Dex

Hi Guys, i've been away for a while. About pierced ears, I had my ears pierced in the mid-seventies. I started with the left lobe and ended up with two piercing on each lobe. I stopped wearing earrings everyday when it became too common, football players etc started wearing them. I occasionnally wear earrings, usually when in a more feminine mood. I love loopy earrings. Cheers Vanessa

On 2002-05-25 07:55, Vanessa wrote:

Anybody with a nose stud ?

Vanessa

I have fantasized about wearing one with a little chain attached to an ear piercing, but have never actually done it

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

I thought of having my ears pierced. But after reading Laurie's description it seems like a complicated thing. I can't really afford to show up at my job with two ear rings. SO it would only be for occasional use. Keeping them in for six months ... ?

It varies--it took only about 3 weeks for my 2 daughters; wouldn't have to be "rings"--unobtrusive mini-studs are available as well, but who am I to suggest that when I haven't got the guts to try even them myself!

What is the earliest age you would allow childrens ears to be pierced? One of my friends has a daughter. For her seventh birthday one of her aunts wanted to get her ears pierced but my friend said no, she was too young. The subject was dropped. I have seen some very young children around with pierced ears (mostly girls but some lads as well)

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

For either of my kids, I would say as long as they know how to take care of them themselves - then I'll be cool about it. I think it's idiotic myself to see babies with pierced ears already. What if later on in life you find out they never wanted them? It should be up to the child to make a responsible choice when they are able to conscientiously do so (IMHO). :smile:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

My stepmom is a teacher, and she was explaining to me why I shouldn't have got my ear pierced. Apparently the kids at school don't look after them properly, have accidents with them, and so on, and it's a real problem. I think that about 14 or so is about right. Having said that, you see babies of either gender less than a year old, with pierced ears around here. I think that's going far too far! I certainly wouldn't let my little boy have his ear pierced until he was old enough to defy me on the subject.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

On 2002-05-28 17:47, ShockQueen wrote:

... What if later on in life you find out they never wanted them?

Well, if you don't continue to wear earrings, the holes will eventually close up, so I don't see that as a problem, even though I agree that piercing little kids' ears is a stupid thing to do.

--chris