hems & heels

lorriette

Hm...I don't think my choice of shoes depends on the "even/unevenness" of the hemline. For me the overall lenght and width of the skirt is far more important. I must admit that I mostly wear pencil skirts somewhere below the knee. I also must admit that I wear high heeled pumps no matter the lenght of the skirt. Maybe I tend to wear heavier and slightly lower heels if the skirt has width, but I have recently bought a long, wide and flowing skirt that looks great with stilettos. Could you perhaps tell a little more about the skirt/dress in question? The look, the style etc.?

the sort of thing i had in mind comes just below the knee, has a handkerchief style hem, and, is a soft, fluid type fabric. since wearing it out would be pushing the boundary, i was intrested in the opinion so as not to look outrageous.

totter along into history

As rubberheel says it's the overall image thing.

I have seen a number of styles like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

(I know the second is a dress - but to me it presents more of an overall image to demonstrate)

For this I would expect strappy type shoes

eg

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

if it's a mini-kilt like Posted Image

but with an uneven hem - then thick stockings & boots (outside)

if it's a bit like a 50's skirt with an uneven hem (AKA like a witches skirt) then plain court shoes would be my choice!

BB