What do you think of these?

luxxyheels

Jeff-- looks like the beginning of a Beatles mod style that is hip.

In my opinion, that's the best outfit I've ever seen you in. The all black is urban, and I think if you wear your sport jacket layered with a scarf (green or white could work--green, black, and white make a good color combo) in addition to that, you'd look even more urban.

Do you have a black button down oxford shirt by chance? Not that there is anything wrong with polo shirts at all. Just that when they are worn as a top alone, they are bit suburban--which if thats what you like, then that's all that matters. However, a black button down oxford might still project a style you are comfortable with, but strech your outfit into a more urban edged statement.

Ahh yes, black pants, black sport jacket, black oxford, (green or white scarf), and some black pointy boots and you'd be ready to walk the streets of Soho manhattan, no problem--errr, I mean Abbey Road!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kneehighs: Many thanks for the kind words on my outfit. As for your suggestions, I wrote down some notes as I liked what you said. The idea of a sport jacket with a button down shirt was intriguing. I'll see what I can do about effecting that look you mentioned. Should be fun! ;)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I think it was a nice choice luxxyheels! The shoes are beautiful, sexy and the sole appears to be thick, what means confortable to wear. Congratulations!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Posted Image

As promised, I took a spin out to the mall in the outfit above. The only change I made was a black turtleneck instead of a polo. Paired with my black leather jacket, I thought I looked pretty damn good. The five inch heels on those boots were quite visable with the straight legged jeans I wore. This time out, I did get more than a few double takes and long stares, as visable as the heels were, that was inevitable. The highlight of the day (said with tongue in cheek) was encountering half a dozen young African-American males who hooted and hollered and laughed when they saw me walk into a bookstore. On of those guys (probably egged on by his fellows) followed me in to get a closer look. When he got to within ten feet of me, I turned around, looked him straight in the eye and said, "Did I satisfy your curiosity?" He was startled, not knowing what to say, so he didn't say anything and left. Just another fun filled day in heels.

Thighbootguy: As for the boots themselves were easy to wear and walk around, what with the five inch heels. The toes were a tad pointer than what I'm generally used to, and after four hours, I started to feel a bit of discomfort. Something else to consider, even after four hours of walkinga round, the heel tips were in still in good shape, something that isn't always the case with leather shoes. Overall, I was pleased with the boots.

Hi jeff,

Without a doubt a 10 out of 10 look! And bravo on handling the curiousity of the young man who approached you, he learned a wonderful lesson, "do not judge others". Hopefully he will take that through life.

david

Posted Image

As promised, I took a spin out to the mall in the outfit above. The only change I made was a black turtleneck instead of a polo. Paired with my black leather jacket, I thought I looked pretty damn good. The five inch heels on those boots were quite visable with the straight legged jeans I wore. This time out, I did get more than a few double takes and long stares, as visable as the heels were, that was inevitable. The highlight of the day (said with tongue in cheek) was encountering half a dozen young African-American males who hooted and hollered and laughed when they saw me walk into a bookstore. On of those guys (probably egged on by his fellows) followed me in to get a closer look. When he got to within ten feet of me, I turned around, looked him straight in the eye and said, "Did I satisfy your curiosity?" He was startled, not knowing what to say, so he didn't say anything and left. Just another fun filled day in heels.

Thighbootguy: As for the boots themselves were easy to wear and walk around, what with the five inch heels. The toes were a tad pointer than what I'm generally used to, and after four hours, I started to feel a bit of discomfort. Something else to consider, even after four hours of walkinga round, the heel tips were in still in good shape, something that isn't always the case with leather shoes. Overall, I was pleased with the boots.

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Luxxyheels:-) That sure is a sexy pair of shoes and you made a wise choice to get them in black as they can go with so many more outfits in that color. JeffB:-) Dang! you did it again. Not only did you look sharp, but what a comeback. "Did I satisfy your curiosity"? You may not have satisfied their curiosity, but you sure did put them in their place. Maybe the next time they will think a little bit before hooting and hollering first. Now that's what I call "instant education". Kudos, my friend. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Great story JeffB, and great outfit. The look on that kid's face must have been priceless.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Good choice with the turtleneck Jeff. ;) I think Kneehigh's was on the money when he mentioned your polo and the look it imparts. On us leaner guys,I think a sleek pointy stilleto boot really needs a sleek over-all look to work well.I feel the turtle would have helped you accomplish this by adding balance and refinement.A black jacket and button down shirt would look razor sharp on you and me both.. Just my two cents.... jim

Hi Booty lover, I love those boots from Faith! Did you try them on in the shop?

Chris

hi chris,

thanks, they are lovely, i didn't have the courage to try them on in the shop, maybe next time i should, maybe i'll become more confident

BootyLover:-)

Welcome to the HH Place Forum. That's a nice pair of new boots that you have there. I also like the boots that you have in your Avatar pic. Are they yours or something you picked off of the internet?

hi dawn, thanks, they are lovely and sooo comfortable. The boots in my avatar are me actually wearing them. i first saw them while i was walking home from work, was around 2am kicking out from nightclub time and i saw a young lass wearing them and just fell in love with em. so i went to faith and bought them!! £85 well spent

;)

stilettos are the way forward, just love them

Thanks for the compliments. The comeback was strictly spur-of-the-moment stuff, something that just popped into my head. However, it was certainly fitting for the occasion. Heh! The turtleneck was a last minute change before I left the house on my outing, and yeah, I thought it was a darn good look. I'll take some pics of the outfit, something I should've done yesterday. Oh, well, no one's perfect! ;)

Posted Image

Wore the Seduce 2000 boots for a second straight day, this time, with that black polo shirt and my long jeans. With the heels mostly hidden, no one would've guessed at what I was wearing if it weren't for the telltale click-clacking as I walked. Wearing and walking the mall in five inchers proved to be quite easy, easier than I thought in fact. Also, as a test, I wore the boots without socks or hosiery and, surprisingly, my feet were more comfortable than they were in the knee-highs I wore with them on Friday. In fact, I went five hours today with no discomfort, vice four on Friday with a little. Amazing stuff to say the least! On the downside however, the heel tips completely wore out after just two outings, so I'll have to have them replaced. Hopefully, aftermarket tips from a repair shop will last longer. Food for thought.

;)

Great boots Jeff! And yes, you'll find that the replacement tips will last much longer. My cobbler uses a hard rubber tip rather than a plastic tip. It makes slightly less noise, but lasts much longer.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Great boots Jeff! And yes, you'll find that the replacement tips will last much longer. My cobbler uses a hard rubber tip rather than a plastic tip. It makes slightly less noise, but lasts much longer.

Thanks for the advice, Shafted! I'll make a note to ask about rubber tips when I take the boots to the repair shop on Monday! I like those boots and now that I've acclimated myself to mall walking in five inch heels, I plan to get a goodly amount of use out of them!

BootyLover:-) That's a great pair of boots and they make a great Avatar pic with you in them. How high are the heels? Boy!!! Do they look good on you. Fantastic! JeffB:-) That's also a great pair of boots that you have. Congrats on your Mall walking in them. You are sure having so much fun doing that. I know that I and Mickey have great fun walking the Malls, visiting the stores, and eating in the Food Court where there isn't any way that you can hide your heels while sitting in the Food Court. Congrats again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

JeffB - Where did you get your boots? I found them on the Beverly Heels web site for an incredibly low price. However, I ordered a pair of Vanity 2013 boots, with only 4" heels, to start. The Pleaser site says they are going to come out with a Seduce 2002 made of rubber. Wonder if that means they will be waterproof? I tried a pair of 5" leather ankle boots I have had for some time but not worn before. I had put arch supports in them with a rather thick heel cup. Wearing them resulted in the boots tending to go over sideways at the slightest provocation!!! Was it them or just me getting old/out of condition? My 5 in. sandals are no problem. I took the supports out, and the boots were much more stable! The heel cup was raising my foot too far up out of the boot. I verified that by putting the supports into a pair of 4 in. pumps I just received, and got the same result! The pumps are Pleasers size 14W, and look like gunboats. I can wear thick socks with them. Neither they or the boots are very steady, the heels tending to rock sideways, which is disconcerting to me. The sandals don't do that, nor do the many platform sandals I have. These (boots, pumps, sandals) are the first non-platform heels I have had for many, many years.

BootyLover:-)

That's a great pair of boots and they make a great Avatar pic with you in them. How high are the heels? Boy!!! Do they look good on you. Fantastic!

hey, thanks. the heel hight is 4 inch, slightly hidden by a buckle strap and they are quite loud as they have a metal heel tip. am managing to walk fine in them now, been practicing lots ;)

Posted Image

JeffB - Where did you get your boots? I found them on the Beverly Heels web site for an incredibly low price. However, I ordered a pair of Vanity 2013 boots, with only 4" heels, to start. The Pleaser site says they are going to come out with a Seduce 2002 made of rubber. Wonder if that means they will be waterproof?

If memory serves, I bought those boots from Beverly Heels back in August. When they first came out, they didn't have them in my size, so they were put on backorder until late October. Hmm, didn't know Pleaser had a website, I'll have to check that out. A rubber boot? That sounds unusual. I'd like to see what that's all about!

Booty lover: That is an awesome pair of boots you have! The buckle strap is a really nice touch and they certainly look good on you. Perfect with jeans. Wow! Good luck with them!

;)

I recently ordered a pair of these from Beverly Heels:

Posted Image

Pretty cool, huh? I thought these knee boots (Vanity 2013) with four inch heels would go well with the long skirts I've been accumilating of late. I'll let you know when I get them and, of course, take pics!

;)

Well, there goes JeffB....intro-ing another fab shoe/boot site that has a wonderful selection at great prices. There goes my extra fundage *whoosh!* A-shopping we will go! ;)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Well, there goes JeffB....intro-ing another fab shoe/boot site that has a wonderful selection at great prices. There goes my extra fundage *whoosh!*

A-shopping we will go! ;)

Well, don't blame me if you have no willpower when it comes to your wallet! I merely pass along infomation, what you do with it after that is all on you!

:rofl:

Booty lover: That is an awesome pair of boots you have! The buckle strap is a really nice touch and they certainly look good on you. Perfect with jeans. Wow! Good luck with them!

:lol:

thanks jeffb ;) have had a look at ya photos, u have a nice collection of shoes and boots there. i hope to get some more soon

Booty Lover:-) Thanks for the heads-up on your Avatar boots. Very nice, indeed. JeffB:-) That's a nice pair of boots you have just ordered. The top cut is a bit different. Now you can start figuring out what to wear with them while you are waiting for delivery. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Many of the pictures of the Vanity 2013 show the top part of the boot folded down. Not quite like a pirate boot, but they look nice that way.

These are the Seduce 2013, same as the Vanity 2013 except it has a 5 in. heel instead of 4 in., so the Vanity should fold down the same way.

Posted Image

JeffB:-)

That's a nice pair of boots you have just ordered. The top cut is a bit different. Now you can start figuring out what to wear with them while you are waiting for delivery.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, I've already got that figured out, Dawn! Boots like those will go well with tight jeans, either tucked in or worn outside, and seeing they're knee high, they'll work just as well with my growing little collection of long skirts. Can't wait to get my hands on 'em!

BobHH: The Seduce 2013 boots with the five inch heel are quite intriguing. I might just order a pair of those too! Heh!

;)

Here's something I found on the Beverly Heels website:

Posted Image

Black patent with a five inch chrome heel and toe! A bit too bold for me, but hey, I'm sure someone here might be interested in them!

;)