Any suggestions here?

shyguy

My wife has bought some thin heeled shoes (not too high about 2") and has difficulty walking in them. I am now supposed to tell her how to walk in them properly. What tips can you all give ? And isn't this a turn around, I can't wear them but have to help her walk in thin heels.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Oh, if that isn't a double-standard, I don't know what is!!! That is just plain selfish of her to bar you from wearing heels, and yet you're supposed to go the 'extra mile' and help her since she obviously doesn't already know how???? Well...now that I'm done ranting...there are two ways you can go about it....you can try to describe, using as best posture as you can to try and coach her... or just say "Since you're the only one allowed to wear them, you figure it out! :grin:" I'm glad there are no such double-standards in our house.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I am not sure what to say here. I took to 2 inch heels without any trouble, they were as natural as bare feet for me. it was four and five that required training for me. All I can suggest is that she wear them when sitting down, to allow the shoes to be worked in, and she should take smaller steps on softer surfaces, to start. Do the shoes fit her? As for the double standard, it's a shame, but you are the one living your life, everything we say is just opinion. Action is your job in this one... Sometimes sandals are a bit easier to train in as they don't do anything to the toes, all they do is change the height and use a few straps to hold the foot to the sole.

Some strange things about your wife: (a) She can't handle 2" heels. Everyone can unless they have some physical deformity. (:smile: She doesn't want you to wear heels but she expects you to tell her how to walk in them. Shyguy, I have to say it, do you think your wife might be winding you up?

Sorry forgot to log in above

or just say "Since you're the only one allowed to wear them, you figure it out! "

In answer to that may I state for the record, I am a coward where she is concerned :smile:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

You fear your wife? I wonder how a forum would respond if the genders were reversed. If a woman posted, telling how her husband would not allow her to wear *, and so forth. I can imagine the outrage. It would not be pretty. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Driver8 on 2002-05-20 22:59 ]</font>