No more polyurethane or vinyl for me

luxxyheels

So I think that this can be the start of nice discussion... I had a PU shoe from The Highest Heel but I used to wear them barefeet and just for short periods, so I never had problems with sweat or nilons. One thing I noticed at that time (I don't have these shoes today) is that the shoes never got ruined even after a long time beeing worn and worn again. They had the same looking as they had when new. So, I think that PU shoes has some advantages: - they don't deform so they can stay looking as new; - they are shiny; - they are cheaper then leather made shoes. And the disadvantages: - they don't deform so they can hurt your feet; - the leather look is nice because of the texture; - they tend to be made just for fun (aka wear at bed or for short periods). Anyone wants to put some points? Heels for all! Flavio. (taking a tea for the cold)

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

So I think that this can be the start of nice discussion...

I had a PU shoe from The Highest Heel but I used to wear them barefeet and just for short periods, so I never had problems with sweat or nilons.

One thing I noticed at that time (I don't have these shoes today) is that the shoes never got ruined even after a long time beeing worn and worn again. They had the same looking as they had when new.

So, I think that PU shoes has some advantages:

- they don't deform so they can stay looking as new;

- they are shiny;

- they are cheaper then leather made shoes.

And the disadvantages:

- they don't deform so they can hurt your feet;

- the leather look is nice because of the texture;

- they tend to be made just for fun (aka wear at bed or for short periods).

Anyone wants to put some points?

Heels for all!

Flavio. (taking a tea for the cold)

I agree, all my shoes are PU now, they last ok and when they wear out you just buy a new pair. I have just bought a pair of Pleaser PU 4" stilettos from

www.funkypair.com for $50, you can't knock that can you?

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

I prefer leather, especially as I wear boots much more often than shoes. I find leather boots more comfortable, and leather looks and feels a lot nicer than PU in my opinion. Plus you don't get the wonderful new leather smell! Chris (edited to correct gratituitous use of the word "much"!)

Here my opinion: There's not only PU and differnet PU materials may have complete different properties. PU must not be shiny like varnish. I have a pair of boots made from a beige velours leather imitation. I bet it's PU - but it's a breathing material, smooth and adapting to my feet. Otherwise I have seen a lot of crap. Especially shiny materials made from PU and PVC (smelling feet ;)) and especially manmade materials from East-Asia like PRC. No, I don't talk about a new material but about the peoples republic of china :lol: Real leather is still the best ...

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Leather feels much softer and better, but I have a pair of Sunset Strip leather slides that have stretched so that they don't stay on any more. The plastic doesn't stretch that much, so they stay tighter.

• 2 weeks later...

No, unfortunately due to expenses like keeping "The Iron Maiden" going I only have ONE pair of heels but I am planning either a a pair of Tony Shoes' "Hot" (5.5" pumps ), "Hot-3" (6" fetish pumps) or "Hot-5" 6" sandals (imagine my "former "avatars platformless... thats what they are like... and I STILL have my eyes set on those 8.5" Pleaser"Xtreme-782", Mary Jane fetish plats! ;) however: I'd prefer to get a $770 (Au) low mileage A15 (1497 cc engine) for "The Iron Maiden"... genuine leather heels (for me) are WAAY to expensive and as I don't go out in my heels... I can't be bothered basically!... I don't see the point... I also don't want 50 (overstated) pairs of heels I can't/don't want to wear outside a good pair of Leatherworks heels are like $220 (4.5"-5.5") and $330 for 7" heels and thats factory direct... decisions, decisions, later, TXT-1