Are high heel women masochists?

If the high heels fit, wear them. If they don't, obtain a pair that does! And if none fit, don't wear them. Pretty simple, huh? It's not rocket science. I know. I'm anything but a rocket scientist.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to me, high heels is a fashion statement for the most part. It's part of a woman's identity. You may get people stating that heels hurt their feet but they are designed to fit a certain profile of a typical female body structure. Small feet, light weight women are the general characteristics of a typical female. For those type, wearing heels shouldn't be too much of a problem "Heavier" women tend to find wearing heels not so enticing because of their weight and the narrowness of the shoe. It throws them off balance or will just get painful after awhile. I have another reason to wearing high heels. I love the feel and I love the sexiness of it. When I wear them, it feels so right. I can get deeper into it but I feel shy towards revealing my full emotions when wearing heels to the public :roll: .

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot"--Marilyn Monroe

Well to me, high heels is a fashion statement for the most part. It's part of a woman's identity. You may get people stating that heels hurt their feet but they are designed to fit a certain profile of a typical female body structure. Small feet, light weight women are the general characteristics of a typical female. For those type, wearing heels shouldn't be too much of a problem "Heavier" women tend to find wearing heels not so enticing because of their weight and the narrowness of the shoe. It throws them off balance or will just get painful after awhile.

I have another reason to wearing high heels. I love the feel and I love the sexiness of it. When I wear them, it feels so right. I can get deeper into it but I feel shy towards revealing my full emotions when wearing heels to the public :o .

Amanda...

Thank you for your response and I agree with much of what you say. But this is also applicable to men, too.

I have a very narrow foot with a high arch and maybe that's why I have not liked wearing men's shoes all of these years. A high heeled shoe is more comfortable to me. I'm not that heavy (I weigh about 170 lb.) so I've never had a balance problem walking in high heels. But, I have seen some very, very sexy heavier women who wear high heels and I'm sure they feel the same way about them as you do. I agree that it is a fashion statement and part of a woman's identity. But, now after being a member here for two months, I see that they are a part of many men's identities, too. With larger sizes of high heels being made and sold, the size of the foot is not an issue.

I aapreciate and identify with your feelings toward high heels, and am greatful for your input.:roll:

This is a very interesting comment amandahls. Believe it or not, you hit the nail on the head. I to love the way they feel and they make me feel very sexy and it to is a very emotional thing with me. I can dress very masculine and put on a pair of heels and it still makes me feel very sexy.

real men wear heels

So how long have you been wearing heels for?

As an adult, I wore men's high heels back in the 70s when they were in style for both men and women. When the "disco" shoes went out of style, I bought and started wearing feminine high heels. And I have worn them, off, but more on, ever since. I have some men's boots with the higher block heels that I wear to work, but at home and in public, I wear higher stilleto heels. And there are many other men at this site that have a similar history.

Thank you for your interesting posts. Please continue to contribute. You are a welcomed member.

Thank you. I grew up in the 80's, but those disco shoes look or maybe they're called "go-go boots" are so cute. I can't find any boots like that in 6". I don't like platforms though because I want the full feeling of the "high" heel. The platform gives the shoe an illusion that it's super high, but once you wear it, it doesn't have the same feeling. That's how I feel about it though since I've worn some platforms in the past. In fact, my very first pair of platforms were the stripper shoes 5" heels. It has a slight platform to it, about an inch I say? I didn't like it. I still have them and it's awfully worn despite of that :roll:.

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot"--Marilyn Monroe

I agree with you concerning the platforms. If it is a short platform with a very high heel, that's one thing. But, for example, a 6"heel with a 3" platform gives you the feeling of wearing a 3" high heeled shoe. Some people enjoy the much higher heel with a high platform. To each his or her own, I always say. I enjoy the basic high heel shoe, and as I've said before, the higher the heel the better and more fun.:roll:

hmm... i may very much be a masochist.. omg i love pain when properly applied :roll: mmmmm.. but not when it comes to shoes lol :o i wont wear a pair if they arent comfortable.. i have sent plenty back or not bought them because they were not.. and will in the future..

Speaking of pain, I usually have a low threshold for it but when you're in the "mood", it's nice to have a little :roll: . It's one of the reasons why I love wearing high heels all the time.

A trick I picked up for another board member is to apply stuff that numbs tooth pain, forgot the name but it work well.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

hmm...

i may very much be a masochist.. omg i love pain when properly applied :roll: mmmmm.. but not when it comes to shoes lol :o

OMG, memories.................................

It's all about the heel!

WOW! After reading all these post I think I'll go out and purchase the same kind of shoes I've always been buying. I don't think things will get any better for men in female shoe design. For style and comfort I would have to spend 200 to 500 dollars for a pair of custum made heels. But then again I don't think so. Just give me a pair from Ellie.

t-straps are my favorite style.

It's a funny thing, but I don't wear male shoes that are uncomfortable or do not fit properly. Now heels, that is a different story. The majority of my heels fit and are (comparitively) comfortable, yet I tend to keep, and occasionally wear the ones that don't. If I am representitive of the guys here, then the title should read ;- Are high heel wearers masochists?

totter along into history

I agree lorriette. The title should read: "Are High Heel Wearers Masochists?" In my quest to wear high heels, I have collected quite a few pair and some of them fit a little uncomfortably especially after I have been wearing them for a long period of time, but they still look fantastic. So, I take intervals of rest periods and continue to wear them. Now, according to this thread, I'm masochistic when I put looking good over comfort. This may be true for some of my heels, but this is not true for those that look great and fit comfortably also. When the heels fit and they look great, but the quality of the shoes are substandard, these can be more than masochistic, they can be hazzardous your immediate well-being. They take more concentration to walk in because the sturdiness of the heel is now a questionable factor. It may slide out from under when setting your foot down causing you to fall, trip, stumble, or injure the foot, an ankle, a knee and/or etc. The heels are even more likely to brake off.

A trick I picked up for another board member is to apply stuff that numbs tooth pain, forgot the name but it work well.

I think it was "Anbesol" or "Orajel". There may be others too.

Have a happy time!

Are high heel wearers masochists? A person (female or male) puts on high heeled shoes for fashion and or personal enjoyment. It is part of their every day wardrobe and they are coordinated with their clothing every day for personal thrill of wearing them, looking good in them, and feeling good about themselves. These people are definitely not masochists.

Let's say a woman wears high heels because all of her friends wear them, at her place of employment, most of the other women wear them and she feels the need to blend in with the female personnel, or her upbringing taught her that with certain outfits, you should wear high heels. High heels are not his woman's favorite shoe to wear but because of personal, peer, or social presures (maybe enven put on herself by her), she "gives in" and in thoses instances, wears high heels. Is she a masochist?

Or even a man who wears cowboy boots with higher heels, stacked-heeled footwear, or even elevators because this person feels short or unconfident yet really does not feel comfortable wearing this footwear, is he a masochist?

And, maybe, is masochist too strong of a word associated with people who wear high heels?

I think it was "Anbesol" or "Orajel". There may be others too.

Yeah that's it, I stupidly dumped a tube of it when doing house cleaning recently.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personally, in answer to the thread title . . absolutely not, I am 100% sadist,

the pain I inflict with My heels way exceeds any pain I may suffer wearing them

LOL

I wouldn't say so, I personally enjoy watching woman wearing Heels...

FL

FoxyLady

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, in answer to the thread title . . absolutely not, I am 100% sadist,

the pain I inflict with My heels way exceeds any pain I may suffer wearing them

So, not to totally change the subject, but how do you feel about men wearing high heels?

I spend a good deal of time and money making sure I avoid uncomfortable shoes. Wearing heels all the time and no longer being a teenager, I'm very keen to avoid causing any uneceassary damage to my feet.

I'm certainly not a masochist. I don't think a masochists could tolerate heels for the long run so to speak.

I do like the idea of having shoes custom made though.

By the way polkadot, I have seen your article about custom made shoes and it makes good sense. Comfort in shoes is one of my favorite hhp topics.

:smile: A